New Members

What is it about Australian cricket that most interests you Signman.
Really like the ruthless attitude your cricketers have Richie - NZ rugby players have the same type of attitude, when you have the foot on the throat finish them off, only have to watch the All Blacks play... unfortunately we don't have the depth in our cricket, in the last few years we have developed a bit more depth in our batting & bowling though.

Last edited:
I also like our foot on the throat attitude.. play tuff but fair.. well usually. The cricket world was shocked by Sandpapergate. I was hurt by it and I expect every Aussie cricket lover was too. Tim Paine was recruited by Cricket Aust. as skipper for one main reason. His people skills. He is such a likeable bloke. The turnaround from the lowest ebb in our history to now has been remarkable. The cricket world is once again respecting us.

in the last few years we have developed a bit more depth in our batting & bowling though.

I agree totally Signman. That was evident in the way you played my baggy greens the summer before last. There are some good indications for the future for your Black Caps. I want CA to re schedule another Test tour sooner rather than later.

I also like our foot on the throat attitude.. play tuff but fair.. well usually. The cricket world was shocked by Sandpapergate. I was hurt by it and I expect every Aussie cricket lover was too. Tim Paine was recruited by Cricket Aust. as skipper for one main reason. His people skills. He is such a likeable bloke. The turnaround from the lowest ebb in our history to now has been remarkable. The cricket world is once again respecting us.
I was more shocked by the fans waving bits of sandpaper in the crowds, it was like they were revelling in it.😲

Always want to see a team play with that killer instinct Richie... but as you say that's about playing tough & fair, do that and you're always going to earn respect from everyone.

Nothing worse when a team loses & you can see they've only put in a sort of half-hearted effort, but if you can see they've given it 100% as a team & lose then you can live with that if they've given it their best.

Mate, that was pretty unfortunate concerning sandpapergate... Aussie cricket has definitely moved on though & certainly earned back the respect of your supporters & the other cricket nations.

Last edited:
in the last few years we have developed a bit more depth in our batting & bowling though.

I agree totally Signman. That was evident in the way you played my baggy greens the summer before last. There are some good indications for the future for your Black Caps. I want CA to re schedule another Test tour sooner rather than later.
Yeah, we've got some good players coming through mate... that would be excellent if we could play Aussie in some more test matches, hopefully in another year or so.

How are you finding the forum as a newbie Signman?
I don't think there's many Brits here so sometimes I'm the only member online.
Finding it pretty good Jessica - just need some more members... as Richie has said we're both looking for more recruits.

Us K1W1s {kiwis} found it very frustrating losing to England in the ODI WC Final... to decide the match by which team hit the most boundaries was ridiculous, they should've had another Super Over ?

Last edited:
Finding it pretty good Jessica - just need some more members... as Richie has said we're both looking for more recruits.

Us K1W1s {kiwis} found it very frustrating losing to England in the ODI WC Final... to decide the match by which team hit the most boundaries was ridiculous, they should've had another Super Over ?
Obviously I was pleased that our guys won 🤗 but do understand your disappointment. I'm all for fair play in sports, whether we win or lose.

I'll certainly stick around here, my time is limited though with work commitments, but it does seem like a friendly forum, unlike my last tennis forum.

Last edited by a moderator:
Obviously I was pleased that our guys won 🤗 but do understand your disappointment. I'm all for fair play in sports, whether we win or lose.

I'll certainly stick around here, my time is limited though with work commitments, but it does seem like a friendly forum, unlike my last tennis forum.
Yeah, sometimes it's about the rub of the green... so congrats to your blokes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back