New Zealand as an International Cricket Venue.

A

adityamookerjee

New Zealand as an International Cricket Venue.

I love watching international teams play cricket in New Zealand. I watched New Zealand draw a test series against South Africa, in 2005, I believe. It was an extremely engrossing series. Australia, England, and New Zealand, are my favorite international cricket test venues. I like Pakistan as a test venue, because of the Pakistan team, when it plays at home.

Re: New Zealand as an International Cricket Venue.

New Zealand is picturesque and would be a great country to watch and play cricket at. The only downside to their grounds is that they are tiny, the boundaries at some venues are no more than 60 metres long which means for high scoring but makes scoring boundaries far too easy.

Other than that, they are fantastic.

Would also be pretty cool for summer even, Dunedin on the south island is supposed to be the coldest Test venue.

Still be nice to visit one day though.

Ljp86;232716 said:
New Zealand is picturesque and would be a great country to watch and play cricket at. The only downside to their grounds is that they are tiny, the boundaries at some venues are no more than 60 metres long which means for high scoring but makes scoring boundaries far too easy.

Other than that, they are fantastic.
And it's always raining............

adityamookerjee;232702 said:
I love watching international teams play cricket in New Zealand. I watched New Zealand draw a test series against South Africa, in 2005, I believe. It was an extremely engrossing series. Australia, England, and New Zealand, are my favorite international cricket test venues. I like Pakistan as a test venue, because of the Pakistan team, when it plays at home.

I love to watch cricket in South Africa, too. I believe, that the different pitches around the world, make cricket and the venue of the cricketing event interesting. I have watched a few matches at The Eden Gardens, Kolkata. The experience is to be experienced. Most of the test matches at The Eden Gardens, last for five days, or it so seems to me. I watched a Ranji Trophy match at the Wankhede Stadium, and the quality of Vinod Kambli's batting was breathtaking. I don't recollect the fall of his wicket, on that day. The cricket, on that occasion, was played as competitively as I can recollect, any match being played. Players like Mr Kambli made Mumbaikars come and watch Ranji Trophy. Perhaps, I make an overstatement.

Back