New Zealand Tour In England

Amazing innings from NZ! 359 for 3 with Guptill with a superb 189 which is the highest for any NZ'er in ODI's and that's the highest score at the ground and the highest against England for NZ.

I'm surprised at the number of people who are calling this three-match T20 series "pointless". New Zealand are just completing their tour! They played Test matches and ODIs as well, remember? The scheduling of the Champions Trophy put them in the unique position of having to finish the T20 component of the tour after the tournament. It's funny how many people missed that.

People also seemed miffed at the ICC for the washed out Eng-NZ T20 yesterday. Why? They don't control the weather. It's meant to be summer in England and it just happened to rain. It was unusual, but it happened. There's nothing anyone could have done.

I think this tour was only partially successful for the Blackcaps. I think all of our hopes were high after the mesmerising Test matches in January, but NZ weren't able to maintain their Test form on the return tour. Nonetheless, they continue to prove that they are a formidable team in the short forms of the game, and I'm happy for the handful of Blackcaps players who are getting signed by County sides for the T20 season.

I'm surprised at the number of people who are calling this three-match T20 series "pointless". New Zealand are just completing their tour! They played Test matches and ODIs as well, remember? The scheduling of the Champions Trophy put them in the unique position of having to finish the T20 component of the tour after the tournament. It's funny how many people missed that.

Partly agree but I can't blame England for not being too fussed about a T20 series just before the Ashes. It was two match series though which does make it even more pointless but we still won it haha. ;)

I think this tour was only partially successful for the Blackcaps. I think all of our hopes were high after the mesmerising Test matches in January, but NZ weren't able to maintain their Test form on the return tour. Nonetheless, they continue to prove that they are a formidable team in the short forms of the game, and I'm happy for the handful of Blackcaps players who are getting signed by County sides for the T20 season.

It's actually more than a handful. The county sides love us haha. There's nine of them if you include James Fuller. :)

#Edit: I counted ex Blackcaps as well.

Come to think of it, I don't recall any explanation given as to why England and NZ didn't play their T20s first, then play their three ODIs to lead straight into the Champions Trophy. I guess they both wanted to focus on the 50-over format and leave the T20s until the Trophy was done and dusted.

Back