Nmca 2014/15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rivergum by a mile, Holy Trinity were very lucky to win both games, I hear some terrible umpiring decisions went
against Chargers on Sunday and Rosebank should of won it in a canter on the Saturday. Jesensek and Tenuta at 50 are the best batmen
in the comp so that's were the standard is at. What i'm hearing is that if a certain couple blokes had taken their catches Trinners wouldn't made 150,
so I wouldn't be getting carried away just yet. In saying that I think Rosebank aren't good enough.
This is what I said in an earlier post and I standby it.
Rivergum easy, Altis is playing at Northcote Premier until he sooks up and cracks the shits that he should be playing for Australia.
Darebin can't play two day cricket.
Rosebank have done the direct opposite of what they've done in the past and have been developing from within but not good enough.
Never underestimate Parkers.
Olympic Colts rely on two few but on their day good enough to cause damage.
Northcote???????????
Holy Trinity, sooner or later they have to come good?? Surely.
You are dreaming tenuta best batsmen in the competition, Alex is still one of the best for sure but has obviously slowed down

Holy trinity flying can't see them losing a game for a while. Front page news "team to catch"
Frankly tomaras best bat in the comp hands down.

As I Said, Jesensek and Tenuta best batsmen in the comp.
Do the numbers, were have they played, ground sizes, premierships ect.
Batting on a postage stamp doesn't count! ask Alex, actually ask Alex who he'd want batting for his life!
Tomaras was dropped on how many?? Let people play for twenty years then see who's who in the zoo.
Billy McFarland was the best bat the comp had ever seen until the next generation of stars turned up.
Lets see in ten years time champ.

Tomaras easily the best just ask him and the fellas down at holy trinity. Next best would have to be (in no particular order) AJ, whitey, perri, Thompson, tenuta, favrin, Hughes, Bonnici.

Well it's a good start by the boys down at Trinity.
Only team with 2 wins, but I still can't see them doing it in 2 day cricket.

As I Said, Jesensek and Tenuta best batsmen in the comp.
Do the numbers, were have they played, ground sizes, premierships ect.
Batting on a postage stamp doesn't count! ask Alex, actually ask Alex who he'd want batting for his life!
Tomaras was dropped on how many?? Let people play for twenty years then see who's who in the zoo.
Billy McFarland was the best bat the comp had ever seen until the next generation of stars turned up.
Lets see in ten years time champ.
I never said Tomaras was the best in the comp and I never said Alex or tony were not great or denied what either of them have achieved, tony in particular is just not the best in the comp now, still very good though

Druids with a shaky start but got he job done both days.
Bundoora Park, Baseballers, Socials and Heidelberg will all be around the mark too. Quick Shield looks a cracker!

These, in my opinion are the Opening three in the Comp, Tenuta, Whitey and Alex.
I am more then happy to debate Stats, longevity and Premierships ect.
I think between just Alex and Tenuta there are 20+ A grade Flags, Whitey has won three.
It's a pretty good start to my argument??

Long time, first time..

Fixturing is a farce. Why 7 one day games if there's no one day final?

Why not have 10 team grades, 9 2 day matches, makes the season a fraction shorter, no Sunday games and an extra week off after Xmas. Separate comps for people who like one dayers or 20/20.

Spot on FC! I said that last year on this forum and was met with fierce anger.

Even 14 two dayers with a week either side of Xmas, plus a week off at Melbourne cup or Australia Day weekend or whatever.

In my opinion this issue needs to be rectified ASAP and more consultation needs to be made with players!

Last week was a disgrace! Saturday/Sunday in the first week! All rounders are spent and then for sides to play 60+ overs in a match and not get a result is a disgusting rule.

Also, if 3 out of 4 games are drawn a review of the ruling where one team gets a result is required.

These are things that need to really be looked at... Player welfare, cricket/life balance, relevance of fixtures games (e.g one dayers?) and rain rules.

My two cents! Good luck to everyone this weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back