Nmca 2016/17

True that.. Ball tampering I heard.. So instead of looking into it cause it's not the first time this year, we will sack the bloke that reported it instead.. Don't think proper protocol was followed here.. Didn't think the president could just sack a bloke like that.. Thought that the board had to be present and decision made as one. Think the power has made him think he untouchable.. Mr Crooks thinks he is so well liked and respected! Well guess what buddy, your not. On ya bike Bye bye

Seriously people have a good hard look at yourselves , why would anyone want to join the board and put up with this shit all the time?
To say Brett was sack because he reported a Rivergum player is an absolute joke!
Yes there was a ball tampering report , if the ball was tampered with so bad that a player was reported why was the ball not change? The report was laughable at best proper procedures were not followed by the head of umpires.
Brett was moved aside because of many reasons ask 90% of the umpires why it happened. Appointing himself to the 3 biggest finals , poor reporting, umpire dissatisfaction across the whole group the list goes on....

The A grade final was a great event brilliantly hosted by Paul, Craig and the northern socials cc , well done to the Comp and its board for the fantastic grand final lunch on Saturday hopefully it's the first of many.
Unfortunately on the second day a couple of peanuts got stuck into the umpires at the tea break nearly resulting in the game being called off ,was poor form in my opinion and clouded what was one of the great grand finals.

To everyone who thinks they can do a better job put up or shut up, cya yas all at the agm

Enjoy the off season ladies and gents.

You either weren't there or you're just another rivergum supporter. The game was almost called off because of the blatant bias and cheating that was going on from a particular umpire.

Who I support is irrelevant your probably the 1% on here that doesn't know who I am.

I could easily say your obviously a rosebank supporter but that would be pointless and I really couldn't give two shits who you are or follow.
To say the umpire was biased or cheating is a disgrace and you're an embarrassment to not only the Comp but your club.
Clearly have a short memory of the first innings when the skipper who batted sensatational mind you smashed one to the Keeper on about 40odd. Were the umpires pulled aside and sooked to about that? No

Grow up and get a life idiot

I don't support either club, if you think the board is doing a top job you're in "LA LA Land"
The sacking of the umpires advisor was the the most illogical thing ever done by a President in the history of the competition. If this "stupidity" hadn't occurred there wouldn't of been a problem, this would go down as one of the top 5 Grand Finals ever played. The umpire was an absolute disgrace the way he conducted himself, he should never umpire anywhere again, he bought the game into disrepute, he can never be trusted to be unbiased on the field. To the host club great job, that's what this comp is all about. To both teams fantastic game and by all accounts they both supported the host club in purchasing everything consumed from them. Which is a very important thing to do "Respect". Unfortunately that's what this competition doesn't have starting from the board.
Respect. So to all and sundry take a good hard look at yourselves and if your not supporting the competition for all the right reasons, leave. See whoever I'm playing against in Quick Shield next year hopefully we'll have some pleasant games and good umpiring. Bye for at least 4 months.

Big difference with a 50/50 decision when a bloke is on 50 compared to a first ball of the day caught behind off the GLOVE given not out who then goes on to score 70! Did I mention the second caught behind not given before he made 50 also? I think you need to reconsider what you said about your views on how you think the umpire wasn't bias or cheating. Everyone who was there from whatever club they support could see and knew what was going on, you are either blind, deaf, naive or just plain stupid if you think otherwise. if Brett carter wasn't doing a good job why in gods name did they leave it until the grand final week to sack the bloke. Ask anyone who plays a grade cricket and they'll tell you he's in the top 3 umpires in the comp!

Did we mention the first lbw? Nope! that's right we didn't threaten to walk off either
gents we could sit on here until next season starts going on about missed decisions and bias , fact is it doesnt change the fact that it was a cracker of a game congrats to both teams and to Socials for hosting the game , that said surely the comp cannot continue as is , the reserve grades have to go they are a waste of time and part of the reason why some clubs are struggling to keep numbers . The umpires and the way they are appointed is a joke , trust me when i say this Brett did himself no favours , its a simple fix to many umpires are getting games in higher grades just to give them experience ,have youre best 12 do the top 2 grades and if some one fucks up there out and the next bloke gets a crack . they had a bloke come back this year who has umpired a grade premier cricket for the last 5 years , hed be the first bloke i would approach to get some structure into the umpires and for fucks sake do some training , as for the board not everyone is going to agree with every decision they make but if the got the majority of the easy decisions right ( eg on days of bad weather have 1 person to check the a grade grounds if they are not playable in a grade then the whole comp is off ) the harder dcisions can be worked through , but if you cant do the simple things then clubs stop listening and start whinging , opinions on here are lie bad haircuts sooner or later everyone has one , however my opinion we need some new and younger blood to go forward

The difference is the umpire wasn't walking off the ground saying he hates rivergum was he? He was saying he hates rosebank! So please pipe down little girl you're embarrassing yourself

Onto a new subject. Grading needs to be changed. Jika reserve is a joke and needs to be graded fairly. Sides like Olympic colts should be playing the lower grades. It's not fair in them coming to each game knowing they are going to get beat. They came to almost every game under man. Reason being in my opinion is that they knew they weren't going to be competitive. They are just an example of many! Things must change or clubs will leave to play in other comps or Evan worse, they will fold!!!

You're spot on danica , reserve grades are an issue and have been for a while.....

As for you dougie, the umpire said that un provoked did he? Lol
You blokes abused him on his way off the ground claiming its 12 vs 11 again, you poor innocent things
You won the game stop sooking ya clown.

Last edited:
***NEWSFLASH*** Umpires sometimes make errors! If the bloke doesn't hear a noise and doesn't see a deflection then isn't it only fair he doesn't give it out? I know there is a lot at stake in GFs but let's not hang him for it... also after the tea break didn't a couple of decisions go the way of the fielding team???? Why has no one asked where Joffa Hughes was? Everyone always says he is the best umpire in A grade????

Also I'm sure running the comp is a piss easy task. We should all jump on the board given it sounds like it doesn't take up much personal time and it's easy to make decisions that keep all 26 odd clubs happy.

Okay, final post for me.
Everyone makes mistakes, This bloke attaked a club without knowing who said what, his mind should've been
on the game not the peanuts off the ground, you didn't hear anything from the other umpire? Obviously this umpire has history and by all accounts puts his nose in where it doesn't belong. A post by him on another player in another team says it all? I think other associations dismiss umpires when they get on social media so just let it go.
What you can't let go is as he's coming off the ground independent spectators "allegedly" hear him call a club " a pack of c....., Animals ect". This behaviour by a paid official is vitriolic and offensive. There were women and children there, forget the biased issues you just can't do that doesn't matter how much you hate a team for whatever reason. If your paying $150 a day to someone you want honesty and fairness the other bloke didn't say a word, this bloke went nuts because he has history and couldn't handle the heat. Also, I'd like to add that a player of the experience of the one that wasn't given out shouldn't go around after the game saying " it hit my glove arm and shoulder and then I also inside edged it" no wonder you've made so many runs, teams have to get you out four times have some self respect and walk instead of creating this sort of rubbish. As for the comp, please apart from one or two they should all quit and whoever has the most to say should be given a go to try and run this comp properly. it isn't hard, it's called common sense. Nobody sacks someone 3 days out from a final that causes instability and I think that has created what happened on the weekend. The President had no right to get rid of Carter regardless of what has been going on. The President is leaving by all accounts so this should of gone to a full board meeting before a decision like that should of been made. "The fish starts rotting at the head" and this is a prime example, how does a board let a guy who is leaving the comp let him sack a paid official 3 days before a Grand Final? All this rubbish is the doing of the board, someone should've stood up and said "hold on what are you doing?" They didn't and that's where the breakdown is, I have absolutely no sympathy for the umpire as he started the whole thing, the match referee was for off the ground and the umpires were for on the ground.
Now " umpire Mr Lalor" can go out to pasture with his mate.
Comp is easy to run if you let the appointed people run it without other people getting in the way.
Seriously, an umpires advisor reports a player and the "MRP" changes the charge and then the said umpire gets the arse? No biase, give me a bullet to the head. If we don't get a complete overhaul and board MRP people aren't removed we have about 3 to 5 years left. Let the Clubs takeover and see how they handle it. I tell you one thing, Carter would want to be reinstated quick smart as I can see an unfair dismissal case coming up.
Now let's all move on, get a new board and see you in 6 months.

Watched this thread for a while now & love the banter.
Witnessed a massive final at ruthven & gotta say it was a cliffhanger. I reckon the best team(just) got the chocolates.
Heard a few rumours last couple of days so dont shoot the messenger.
jsensek going to camrea taipans
Northcote united & Rosebank north brunswick leaving comp
Colts & northern socials merger
Players leaving keon park
Rivergum on a recruiting drive
Association commitee is about to fall apart
Massive internal fighting at baseballers

Witnessed a massive final at ruthven & gotta say it was a cliffhanger. I reckon the best team(just) got the chocolates.
Heard the same about the Alex and camrea thing.. Heard Northcote United have left. Colts and socials!!! Heard NBR have gone out hard and have already recruited 4 big name players.. Only rumours at the moment. I guess we won't know till the start of next season

Again, the 2 best teams were there at the end in what was a fantastic GF. Very rarely does a GF go the distance like it did in this one, going down to the last 2 overs. Great effort by Rivergum and credit to them for getting so close.

I have definitely heard that nbr are looking at moving to different association, they very unhappy with commitee
Also i have being saying for some time that the parkers are in trouble & players leaving.
Bye for now

Hot news

-> its official bye bye North Brunswick Rosebank have been accepted into DVCA after club and competition agreed on the grade (not yet disclosed)

-> Gary Eyre Junior back to Rosebank

-> Keon Park absolute dire straits. Captain walked out and others to soon follow

-> Lots of anger and infighting at Rivergum over a certain player not selected in the Grand Final - rumors of a fight on the night of the GF

-> AJ gone to Camrea

Hot news

-> its official bye bye North Brunswick Rosebank have been accepted into DVCA after club and competition agreed on the grade (not yet disclosed)

-> Gary Eyre Junior back to Rosebank

-> Keon Park absolute dire straits. Captain walked out and others to soon follow

-> Lots of anger and infighting at Rivergum over a certain player not selected in the Grand Final - rumors of a fight on the night of the GF

-> AJ gone to Camrea

Yep massive brawl at rivergum. Over 20 involved. Club In disarray.
AJ to camrea 100 percent confirmed. $15,000 plus more.

Back