NMCA 2019/2020

Where do you come up with this crap haha. Baseballers coach looking to move on but just signed on.
i hope your right but my informer telling me he not happy in dugout. I not making crap up just telling what i hearing. Trinners r winners leaving. I say this long ago. Mayston moving away. But Next season could be last for everyone,,,,,,, watch space.

i hope your right but my informer telling me he not happy in dugout. I not making crap up just telling what i hearing. Trinners r winners leaving. I say this long ago. Mayston moving away. But Next season could be last for everyone,,,,,,, watch space.

So let's summaries your recent predictions Harsha:

Reservoir Mayston gone
Rosebank gone
HTCC gone
Rivergum gone
Baseballers/(insert any other club here) coach gone
Last year the last year for NMCA

Anything other predictions Oracle?

I hope your right? I know im right. whoever is your informer on all your info is telling you lies. Think its time to get a new informer

What does it mean for the NMCA if Rosebank, rivergum and holy trinity are off to different competitions? Does not look good at all. Is the competition on the front foot trying to persuade these clubs to stay?

What does it mean for the NMCA if Rosebank, rivergum and holy trinity are off to different competitions? Does not look good at all. Is the competition on the front foot trying to persuade these clubs to stay?
Unsure of how much truth there is behind these potential moves noted by others Flick but you would hope the league is reaching out to all clubs on a regular basis regardless.
I’d argue that even losing just one of those three clubs would be pretty devastating for the competition moving forward considering the league’s challenges with junior participation - they all have teams in the U14’s, U12’s & U10’s.

Unsure of how much truth there is behind these potential moves noted by others Flick but you would hope the league is reaching out to all clubs on a regular basis regardless.
I’d argue that even losing just one of those three clubs would be pretty devastating for the competition moving forward considering the league’s challenges with junior participation - they all have teams in the U14’s, U12’s & U10’s.

the rosebank strong junior program is down to two things, bribery at local schools with free kookaburra gear with sign up. and ex socials honcho paul clohesy down there running things junior wise. he may be disliked but he ran a great junior program at socials on a shoestring (they used to be povo, not the rich club they are now), so he's achieving great things at a well resourced club. (what the hell happened to see clohesy leave that club he ran pretty much by himself?)

but don't pretend rosebanks program is down to anything but cash as usual. just like their last junior effort, 0.02 percent of players will hang around, as the club has nothing to offer socially. just coin to play then piss off home.

the rosebank strong junior program is down to two things, bribery at local schools with free kookaburra gear with sign up. and ex socials honcho paul clohesy down there running things junior wise. he may be disliked but he ran a great junior program at socials on a shoestring (they used to be povo, not the rich club they are now), so he's achieving great things at a well resourced club. (what the hell happened to see clohesy leave that club he ran pretty much by himself?)

but don't pretend rosebanks program is down to anything but cash as usual. just like their last junior effort, 0.02 percent of players will hang around, as the club has nothing to offer socially. just coin to play then piss off home.
Oh my, I thinking the parents may even have the mortgage paid off if the Juniors go to play at the eagles. lol

if you think theres no free bats and stuff like that in the junior program your probably one of those saps who thinks theres no cash down at mafia cc, that theyre all just there for the 'culture'. do they even have a bar or social events at cotchin?

Throwing personal opinions and the way their program is built aside, they have good junior AND senior playing numbers - the fact that you can only say that for a handful of clubs throughout the entirety of the competition explains why them leaving would be a massive blow to the NMCA.

if you think theres no free bats and stuff like that in the junior program your probably one of those saps who thinks theres no cash down at mafia cc, that theyre all just there for the 'culture'. do they even have a bar or social events at cotchin?

I think it's irrelevant if they do or they don't, good luck to them. Many clubs do these things for there players particularly junior members, my club as an example offered free cricket for many years did it help? Not really. Other clubs might offer free shirts or hats etc. If they're in a position to hand out free bats ( I highly doubt this anyway) and that's helping build there junior program and as a bye product helping strengthen the associations junior stocks then all power to them.

Your sounding a bit jealous about Rosebank here i know my club would like to be like them and have numbers in juniors like them maybe who ever your club is could take a leaf out of there book

With all that’s going on now, and the possibility of losing 3-4 clubs from the Shield Grades, how would you reset the comp from scratch?

I would increase each grade from 8 teams to 10, we might lose Kelly Shield as a result. Play every team once (9 games) in a two-day match. Or play every team twice in a one-day match. This makes for 18 weeks of cricket down from 21 currently. No need for both forms of cricket to be played.

Also reduce a week of finals by 1st Vs 4th and 2nd Vs 3rd. Winners in to the Grand Final.

This cuts 4 weeks out of the current season.

Competition break over the Melbourne Cup and Australia Day long weekend. And play the Grand Final over the Labour Day long weekend with Monday being Reserve day if required due to weather events.

With all that’s going on now, and the possibility of losing 3-4 clubs from the Shield Grades, how would you reset the comp from scratch?

I would increase each grade from 8 teams to 10, we might lose Kelly Shield as a result. Play every team once (9 games) in a two-day match. Or play every team twice in a one-day match. This makes for 18 weeks of cricket down from 21 currently. No need for both forms of cricket to be played.

Also reduce a week of finals by 1st Vs 4th and 2nd Vs 3rd. Winners in to the Grand Final.

Competition break over the Melbourne Cup and Australia Day long weekend. And play the Grand Final over the Labour Day long weekend with Monday being Reserve day if required due to weather events.
Like your thinking with this. Think 2 day cricket is the better format but at the same time if you analysed why players are stepping away from the game over the past decade there would be a fair percentage saying that 2 day cricket is the reason why.
Therefore if they dial it back to a one day comp it might draw some of these guys back into the fold.
Definitely agree that Melb Cup & Aus Day weekends should be weeks off if a new schedule enables it, even if it is only for the grades outside the shields to prevent walkovers.

A better question might be what do we need to change so that we don't lose any clubs and set the comp up to be successful going forward? This has been asked many times with no realistic viable suggestions. It's now or never I think.

A better question might be what do we need to change so that we don't lose any clubs and set the comp up to be successful going forward? This has been asked many times with no realistic viable suggestions. It's now or never I think.
you are correct Shane if the rumors are correct and at this stage they are rumors about clubs leaving has the comp done anything to change anything

We have huge problems with the junior comp, no under 16s already this year and if rumours re north alphington are true we could very well be down 11 more juniors teams across the 14s,12s & 10s and that's without anyone else following them.
As it stands we currently don't have a Junior Manager to address this, Make no mistake forget about anything regarding the senior comp this is the number 1 issue facing the NMCA right now.

Secondly umpire numbers becoming a real issue , need to either advertise more /better or dare I say it pay them more I don't know the answer.

Regarding these 2 issues the comp has plenty of $$$ maybe it's time to use some of it on advertising etc after all there is no point padding our coffin with it.

Thirdly, At risk of sounding racist our sub continent clubs or non traditional clubs (I know not all) need to be accountable. What happened last season with unregistered players was farcical particularly in A grade.

And last of all clubs need to be pro active and quit this poor me it's too hard bullshit. Get off your arse promote your club and be the best you can be instead of expecting the comp and everyone else to do it for you.

Regarding these 2 issues the comp has plenty of $$$ maybe it's time to use some of it on advertising etc after all there is no point padding our coffin with it.

Social media is a massive form of advertisement that is free.

The comp has refused to have any social media presence whatsoever. A closed Facebook group with rare updates and no commenting allowed does nothing.

Used effectively, the comp will be able to leverage itself and it’s member clubs through promotion. Without it, the comp almost becomes irrelevant in modern times.

It is also a great way to reach juniors.

you are correct Shane if the rumors are correct and at this stage they are rumors about clubs leaving has the comp done anything to change anything
What do the clubs want and need? There are so many different types of clubs now. Only a few big ones... Quite a lot of 2 team clubs. How do you structure something that meets the needs of most of them but also encourages clubs to try and grow. Buggered if I know the answer. All good though we can just blame the board like everyone e
We have huge problems with the junior comp, no under 16s already this year and if rumours re north alphington are true we could very well be down 11 more juniors teams across the 14s,12s & 10s and that's without anyone else following them.
As it stands we currently don't have a Junior Manager to address this, Make no mistake forget about anything regarding the senior comp this is the number 1 issue facing the NMCA right now.

Secondly umpire numbers becoming a real issue , need to either advertise more /better or dare I say it pay them more I don't know the answer.

Thirdly, At risk of sounding racist our sub continent clubs or non traditional clubs (I know not all) need to be accountable. What happened last season with unregistered players was farcical particularly in A grade.

And last of all clubs need to be pro active and quit this poor me it's too hard bullshit. Get off your arse promote your club and be the best you can be instead of expecting the comp and everyone else to do it for you.

Here here.

Maybe clubs need to be forced to be proactive. It wasn't that long a go that the Board took a stand and said if you want to play A Grade you have to have 3 men's teams and juniors (not Milo.)

That lasted all of 5 minutes. Maybe the Board were worried about the fallout of Rosebank and Lalor not meeting the requirements. The end result of those two clubs could not be further apart now.
Nowdays all you need is 2 men's and you can pay $100 to enter a shite T20 team and 3 Milo kids and you are in. Clubs need to be more accountable and proactive or you will see a fair number go under over the next few years.

Back