NMCA 2019/2020

Would have been a dangerous path to take by them if they played. Potential disaffiliation , no future financial support from higher authorities and just maybe potential legal action if a player or umpire picked up the virus.
Have NMCA decided on the awarding of premiers for the three grades ?
I being thinking to have joint winners. Not very fare to choosing one team especially in jika shield. I think both champion teams & deserving tbh.
In Quick shield maybe the Socials to be the champions
In kelly must be the footballers

I being thinking to have joint winners. Not very fare to choosing one team especially in jika shield. I think both champion teams & deserving tbh.

In quick and Kelly shields it’s pretty clear and I don’t think you would find many opposition clubs and players to disagree that both socials and footballers deserve to be given the premiership after being the best teams in their respective grades and also being the first teams into their grand finals

how ever the top flight isn’t so clear cut you can mount arguments for both clubs to get it individually and also for it be a joint premiership. For me it’s rivergum having won the semi means the get it but others will disagree

They need to apply the same method to each grade. The rules state that where there is no result in a final the winner is the team that finished higher on the ladder. A no result usually happens due to weather intervention. In today's situation the no result had occurred as a result of a trickle down decision by CA, CV and eventually NMCA. Decisions made under exceptional circumstances that may constitute a once in a lifetime event.
My call is ignore the ladders and award joint premiers in each of the three grades. It is not relevant in the circumstances that Socials and Footballers were dominant in their grades ( in my humble opinion ).
Promotion would occur for Socials and Footballers based on ladder positions.

They need to apply the same method to each grade. The rules state that where there is no result in a final the winner is the team that finished higher on the ladder. A no result usually happens due to weather intervention. In today's situation the no result had occurred as a result of a trickle down decision by CA, CV and eventually NMCA. Decisions made under exceptional circumstances that may constitute a once in a lifetime event.
My call is ignore the ladders and award joint premiers in each of the three grades. It is not relevant in the circumstances that Socials and Footballers were dominant in their grades ( in my humble opinion ).
Promotion would occur for Socials and Footballers based on ladder positions.
Well it’s almost certain that there won’t be premierships awarded going by Riley’s comment.

Back