NMCA(formerly Jika) '08/'09

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: NMCA(formerly Jika) '08/'09

Mr Wonderful;274504 said:
The kid at Strathewan would be a lot better if his Dad stopped dragging him around the Comp trying to find someone that actually likes him. He would also be a lot better if he went to a club where he could actually try and further his cricket by striving to play in a higher grade rather than at a club that has no real scope for, A;getting into the top grade, and B;providing a sound learning environment free from the influence of his Dad and his bumboy Jenkins.

Well do tell what club should he go to, as for his dad well what can i say,
its soo much fun on this site lol

Dickie Roberts;274528 said:
No question Plumpton is superior, plus he has a ticker. We all heard how great Berak was before the season started and after 3 weeks he's purring!

I just cant believe how guys who have their hand out for cash can be so gutless. I guess if you're on incentives it makes sense to wait for the cheap runs.

You've got to be careful when recruiting I guess. Gutsy cricketers are rare!
I bet he puts Druids, HT, Socials, NU etc to the sword.

now we're talking, who are the gutsy players out there,
Plumpton, Samps, AJ etc....all the big guns???
who gets the other sides home??

Lifeisfun;274600 said:
oh gee silly billy think i prefer weet bix

you are a peanut lever and your son is no good if he were any good why is he playin at strathewan? no theres a club thats goin places NOT!

Andrew Strauss;274832 said:
you are a peanut lever and your son is no good if he were any good why is he playin at strathewan? no theres a club thats goin places NOT!

Nail + Head

Andrew Strauss;274832 said:

I think his son can play cricket good 100 last week and 2 50's on the trot in the under 17's, most dislike his dad but no need to bag his son whats he ever done wrong???

northmetroboy;274618 said:
now we're talking, who are the gutsy players out there,
Plumpton, Samps, AJ etc....all the big guns???
who gets the other sides home??

Well I see that Camrea's loaded lower order dominated - Yawn. I still stand by my call that hired guns should lead by example, not queue up in the shed waiting for next week.

Gutsy cricketers in Jika... I'll name 1 per side from what I have seen. It's not right or wrong, just my opinion.

Rosebank - Plumpton
Camrea - Fellows
Keon - forget his name, redhead opening bowler, Farr or something like that
Baseballers - Lancaster (more so with the ball)
Druids - Rogers
HT - ????
Northcote United - Marcon (hated by most, but has made a truck load of runs)
Socials - anyone who stayed.

Where have all the knockers gone. S Berak made runs against the reigning premieres. AJ is reliable as usual. Taipans will be hard to beat this year.

bowler.11;275198 said:
Where have all the knockers gone. S Berak made runs against the reigning premieres. AJ is reliable as usual. Taipans will be hard to beat this year.

still here, i wont be convinced until he gets a few scores batting at 3 or 4 and not hiding in the back of the rooms in the last hour of day1...either way he's a park cricketer at best, he is still young enough to be at district cricket, he aint good enough...simple.

northmetroboy;275240 said:
still here, i wont be convinced until he gets a few scores batting at 3 or 4 and not hiding in the back of the rooms in the last hour of day1...either way he's a park cricketer at best, he is still young enough to be at district cricket, he aint good enough...simple.

yeh thats a fair point.. and if you speak to him hell agree that hell have to make runs up the order..

just a note... (Berak) playing with a fracture in the right hand atm ... speak to Keon Park players who saw his baloon hand 1st week.. so i think thats a tad gutsy for a 20 yr old..

coming back playing on synthetic is a challenge after 8 years on turf! still made runs against good opposition..lets see what the season bring hey

northmetroboy;274379 said:
just because he's played a handful of so so district games, doesn't automatically make him a better player than guys like jesensek, sampimon and co.

he's obviously hunting the glory by hiding down the order this week.

give him all the wraps you want but i'd take jesensek, samps and co any day of the week.

Here are his stats at district cricket,
ALL SEASONS, ALL GRADES 24 inninngs 432 runs at 25.41 with a highest of 52*
1st XI highest score.....wait for it......25........what a gun

**Must have batted well for his 52* at dowling level and for his 1 half century at subbies for brunswick.

hahaha where u get your stats from... made 2 centuries last season 101* gainst Geelong 2nd XI and 114 against Footscray... and 3 seasons back made 3 centuries for melbourne in 2nd XI finals think it was 110 in the grand final against Prahran..... won Melbourne youth player in the year in 2005/06...

so the kids not bad ... dont know many 20 yr olds in the league that have done that... so keep knocking!

Dickie Roberts;275196 said:
Well I see that Camrea's loaded lower order dominated - Yawn. I still stand by my call that hired guns should lead by example, not queue up in the shed waiting for next week.

Gutsy cricketers in Jika... I'll name 1 per side from what I have seen. It's not right or wrong, just my opinion.

Rosebank - Plumpton
Camrea - Fellows
Keon - forget his name, redhead opening bowler, Farr or something like that
Baseballers - Lancaster (more so with the ball)
Druids - Rogers
HT - ????
Northcote United - Marcon (hated by most, but has made a truck load of runs)
Socials - anyone who stayed.

Holy trinity... what about there new player joel beach...

random01;275363 said:
haha joel beech wata dummy u aint wrong cnt even get the gloves barely at trinity

then who else at trinity? dont know much about them as they are new to the comp.. anyone who can really step up in jika shield?

Possum Thrower;275367 said:
then who else at trinity? dont know much about them as they are new to the comp.. anyone who can really step up in jika shield?
matt o brien been doing fairly weel for them bout it really herd talk this new guy sleeman pace bolwer they got is spose to be the packkage for them but only jus after 2 games has alredy been droped in the 2s after his poor bolwing perfomance wif somthing like 21 extras

random01;275368 said:
matt o brien been doing fairly weel for them bout it really herd talk this new guy sleeman pace bolwer they got is spose to be the packkage for them but only jus after 2 games has alredy been droped in the 2s after his poor bolwing perfomance wif somthing like 21 extras

yeah heard about him.. pretty pacey but sprays them.
heard he played rd one then went on a trip away with a couple of other boys in rd 2 and they dropped them to the 2's this week..
looked at the results, matty o'brian does look the goods!
be interesting to see how he goes against the stronger clubs.

very true four more...kookies seem to be the ones to beat? strong batting strong bowling. whats happening down at lalor? not often you see them being beat so comprehensivley...should be another good round this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back