NMCA(formerly Jika) '08/'09

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: NMCA(formerly Jika) '08/'09

Hoppus;277121 said:
ive noticed a lot of the talk is about best batsmen and bowlers..
what about best keepers? fielders or all rounders?

Posterino from Fairfield is a gun keeper, new to Jika, one of the best keepers going around. And a good bat to boot.

Camrea have won the first round in the battle of the Titans.

Is it true Keon Park were bowled out for 40??? WTF?? somebody please.....talk about a premiership hangover

Ghost who walks;279246 said:
Posterino from Fairfield is a gun keeper, new to Jika, one of the best keepers going around. And a good bat to boot.

Very good keeper! BAT???

well a few upsets over the weekend in the top 2 grades keeps the competition closer than ever

Cameron beating the top of the ladder donath after being bowled out for 38 the day before threw up a massive upset but still remain bottom

Carnall showing his worth with a classy 100 for preston ycw to beat the improving olympic colts. but toull in the 2s???

Lalor and cobras played out a high scoring game but lalor on their dead track small ground were 2 good with that man christie with another 100. hughes with 89 pulling some of the weight of christies shoulders

Rivergum back on the winners list after losing 2 in a row. Perri must of been rushed back in to the side on sunday after missing the last 2 to smack 70 not out and 4 fa. keeps on keeping on

is this the start of the rot for donath? or will they keep surprising??
are fairfield gone after not even fielding a twos side on sunday?
Are the arrogant ycw going to get a roll on??

Informant;279881 said:
well a few upsets over the weekend in the top 2 grades keeps the competition closer than ever

Cameron beating the top of the ladder donath after being bowled out for 38 the day before threw up a massive upset but still remain bottom

Carnall showing his worth with a classy 100 for preston ycw to beat the improving olympic colts. but toull in the 2s???

Lalor and cobras played out a high scoring game but lalor on their dead track small ground were 2 good with that man christie with another 100. hughes with 89 pulling some of the weight of christies shoulders

Rivergum back on the winners list after losing 2 in a row. Perri must of been rushed back in to the side on sunday after missing the last 2 to smack 70 not out and 4 fa. keeps on keeping on

is this the start of the rot for donath? or will they keep surprising??
are fairfield gone after not even fielding a twos side on sunday?
Are the arrogant ycw going to get a roll on??

i think donath with byrne up and bowling well will continue to do well but may struggle some games with a fragile batting line up except there top 3 who have to fire

fairfield didnt give much resistance yesterday and seem to be going through the motions. although they were missing cowen and doumis

under 21s squad announced to defend their title

Ryan Docherty - Keon Park C.C. (captain)
Alex Pettolino - Holy Trinity C.C.
James Bonnici - Rivergum C.C.
Matt Perri - Rivergum C.C.
Daniel Bramich - Rivergum C.C.
Brad Turner - Lalor C.C.
Todd Hughes - Lalor C.C.
Brian White - Northcote United C.C.
Phil Hiah - Preston Baseballers C.C.
John Boughton - Preston Baseballers C.C.
Mark Krstitovic - Cobras C.C.
Andrew Wegener - Cobras C.C.
Matt Mickelson - Cobras C.C.
Brayden Wight - Cobras C.C.
Sam Russo - Keon Park C.C.

thoughts???

FoUr MoRe;280040 said:
i think donath with byrne up and bowling well will continue to do well but may struggle some games with a fragile batting line up except there top 3 who have to fire

fairfield didnt give much resistance yesterday and seem to be going through the motions. although they were missing cowen and doumis

Brad Turner - Lalor C.C.
Todd Hughes - Lalor C.C.

thoughts???

If this squad has been announced then Stefan Berak must not be eligible. He is clearly the best young cricketer in NMCA. A few posters in this joint gave him a hard time early and have seemed to have vanished into thin air. Quality bat who batted at 3 on Saturday against Rosebank. Came off the ground with a few bruises and 63 runs and then follwed it up on Sunday with 61. Corey Altis a 16 y.o. at the Taipans is another kid going places. Took 2 for 4 on Sunday off 3 overs.

FoUr MoRe;280040 said:

Brad Turner - Lalor C.C.
Todd Hughes - Lalor C.C.

thoughts???

Good to see to younger kids in the teams with the likes of Krstitiovic(played last year) and Russo.
-Cobras Well represented.
As well as Rivergum

Snake;280067 said:
If this squad has been announced then Stefan Berak must not be eligible. He is clearly the best young cricketer in NMCA. A few posters in this joint gave him a hard time early and have seemed to have vanished into thin air. Quality bat who batted at 3 on Saturday against Rosebank. Came off the ground with a few bruises and 63 runs and then follwed it up on Sunday with 61. Corey Altis a 16 y.o. at the Taipans is another kid going places. Took 2 for 4 on Sunday off 3 overs.

berak just sneaks in im pretty sure. doubt he would play anyway. altis has got plenty of years ahead of him wont see him getting much of a go neway. better bowlers..

Snake;280067 said:

63 against Rosebank wouldve been a 80 plus score on an any other ground on that shocking Camrea wicket! Was the MOM
62 against Preston off 40 balls! Was MOM

What has happened to you critics?? 80 odd against Keon Park, 60 odd against Rosebank , batting at 3...
Interesting to see people have accused him of chasing money?? he played cricket at Thomastown as a kid, plays footy at Thomastown, lives in Thomastown... so him returning to his junior club is chasing money?? :confused:

Thoughts anyone??

21s should do really well even without Berak as there good bunch of young players!

Falcon114;280088 said:
63 against Rosebank wouldve been a 80 plus score on an any other ground on that shocking Camrea wicket! Was the MOM

What has happened to you critics?? 80 odd against Keon Park, 60 odd against Rosebank , batting at 3...
Interesting to see people have accused him of chasing money?? he played cricket at Thomastown as a kid, plays footy at Thomastown, lives in Thomastown... so him returning to his junior club is chasing money?? :confused:

Thoughts anyone??

21s should do really well even without Berak as there good bunch of young players!

good on him, if he's any good he should be making those runs batting at number 3, if he's such a gun why isnt he still at district cricket!!! wouldnt get too excited about a couple of 50's in the park.

he's bringing some interest to the comp and theres nothing wrong with being a good park/local cricketer....but thats all he'll ever be as long as he plays it.

northmetroboy;280108 said:
good on him, if he's any good he should be making those runs batting at number 3, if he's such a gun why isnt he still at district cricket!!! wouldnt get too excited about a couple of 50's in the park.

he's bringing some interest to the comp and theres nothing wrong with being a good park/local cricketer....but thats all he'll ever be as long as he plays it.

yeh he did make those runs at 3 agaisnt rosebank actually... :D

well were not saying hes the best player in the state are we.. i thought this was JIKA forum? Plumpton must be a good park player then also...:eek:

plenty of quality players playing local cricket becuase they maybe dont have interest playing district, work, school, family or any other issues they might have..

so as were talking about this league only he is a quality player in it! full stop!:p

Falcon114;280123 said:
yeh he did make those runs at 3 agaisnt rosebank actually... :D

well were not saying hes the best player in the state are we.. i thought this was JIKA forum? Plumpton must be a good park player then also...:eek:

plenty of quality players playing local cricket becuase they maybe dont have interest playing district, work, school, family or any other issues they might have..

so as were talking about this league only he is a quality player in it! full stop!:p

i agree, plumpton is a good park player.....dont forget number 3 bats are generally required to make 50 or 60, dont matter who they are or where they play or who they play against.......63 vs rosebank woohoo, give him the medal now

northmetroboy;280136 said:
i agree, plumpton is a good park player.....

Slight understatement, he's got major runs on the board at district level.

As for Berak - there was never any doubt he'd make runs. He's done well the last 2 weeks. But he was pumped up as the messiah by some here at the start of the year. A long way to go still...

Can't believe the 'love eyes' some of you guys get for big fish in the small Jika pond! It must be a real thrill if these guys speak to you at training...

When its all said and done he, like Plumpton have joined premier teams... it may be wishful thinking, but i'd love to see them join a middle of the pack team and drag them up. Massive wishful thinking I fear.

Burland is a bit of a mess at the moment. 2 standout teams, Keon Park and 5 sides of rubbish. Could be 6 after the weekend.

Maybe its time to go to the 12 team comp (abolish reserves) again and then clubs can feel proud finishing middle of the pack.

northmetroboy;280136 said:
i agree, plumpton is a good park player.....

He is not a bad park cricketer considering he's scored over 10 District A grade centuries. As well as making a 90 not out in an A grade district final win against a bowler who opened for Australia and took a 5 wicket haul.
I think he may have played a few games for Victoria as well but I could be wrong. I wish I could play park cricket like him.

Cotchin Boys;280167 said:
He is not a bad park cricketer considering he's scored over 10 District A grade centuries. As well as making a 90 not out in an A grade district final win against a bowler who opened for Australia and took a 5 wicket haul.
I think he may have played a few games for Victoria as well but I could be wrong. I wish I could play park cricket like him.

He also made lots of runs in Barwon

Dickie Roberts;280164 said:

As for Berak - there was never any doubt he'd make runs. He's done well the last 2 weeks. But he was pumped up as the messiah by some here at the start of the year. A long way to go still...

Can't believe the 'love eyes' some of you guys get for big fish in the small Jika pond! It must be a real thrill if these guys speak to you at training...

When its all said and done he, like Plumpton have joined premier teams... it may be wishful thinking, but i'd love to see them join a middle of the pack team and drag them up. Massive wishful thinking I fear.

Burland is a bit of a mess at the moment. 2 standout teams, Keon Park and 5 sides of rubbish. Could be 6 after the weekend.

Maybe its time to go to the 12 team comp (abolish reserves) again and then clubs can feel proud finishing middle of the pack.

yeah its a massive understatement i agree.....keon park and 5 sides of rubbish??? didnt they lose 9 for 5 on saturday??? whilst i would agree there opposition is rubbish, they must be too...

Dickie Roberts;280164 said:

problem with that dickie is that there isnt as much CASH FLOW at the middle of the road teams. thats why they are middle of the road. unfortunate and crap that the comp has 2 teams vying for the premiership, might aswell play the grand final now. at least jack quick is competitive and anyone can beat anyone. some good cricketers in the top teams playing for peanuts

Falcon114;280088 said:

Thoughts anyone??

Berak is the form batsman in the competition but the kid is ruffling some old feathers down at main st.

bowler.11;280314 said:
Berak is the form batsman in the competition but the kid is ruffling some old feathers down at main st.

what do you mean by that?? hes a very confident person though

bowler.11;280314 said:

haha ..yeh he is!!! the old men are being kept on their toes this season! :D

confident, competitve and full of ideas ! the next coach/captain at Camrea for sure! good investment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back