NMCA(formerly Jika) '08/'09

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: NMCA(formerly Jika) '08/'09

In the round 14 clash between Cameron and Cobras, veteran Rick Morris plays his 350th game in a career that began in 1979/80.

He is a 13 time Club Champion at Bell Ramblers CC and has continued his distinguished career with the Cobras CC when Bell Ramblers CC merged with Oakhill Clelands CC 4 seasons ago.

He is still a consistent contributor with the bat and still bores to death the opposition and the spectators with his bowling in the first XI as he nears his 47th birthday.

Congratz:
Hair gell
A.K.A
Gariner Fructice

Ledgend of JIKA

In the round 14 clash between Cameron and Cobras, veteran Rick Morris plays his 350th game in a career that began in 1979/80.

He is a 13 time Club Champion at Bell Ramblers CC and has continued his distinguished career with the Cobras CC when Bell Ramblers CC merged with Oakhill Clelands CC 4 seasons ago.

He is still a consistent contributor with the bat and still bores to death the opposition and the spectators with his bowling in the first XI as he nears his 47th birthday.

Congratz:
Hair gell
A.K.A
Gariner Fructice

Ledgend of JIKA

hi guys
what do u think of the finals series for Reserve sheilds down to F grade been changed to 1vs4 and 2 vs 3 because i think it is ridliculous because it does not attract more people as it showed yesterday at main st ( been there watching) besides the camrea supporters and rosebank supporters there was nobody there besides a few people watching but not many (under 30 which were just public viewers or from other clubs) this showed having 1s finals on a different day doesnt not attact more people and people just go watch the grade there in or the club there involved in not going to watch a game of cricket because its high standard. It was a disgrace that there was no NORTH METRO representives there and that was meant to be a grade and i dont know about the other two grades but it was ridiculous they were a no show besides neil reily who was umpiring

by the way when are the 20/20 sides announced for next sundays games at barling in the fundrasing

hi guys
what do u think of the finals series for Reserve sheilds down to F grade been changed to 1vs4 and 2 vs 3 because i think it is ridliculous because it does not attract more people as it showed yesterday at main st ( been there watching) besides the camrea supporters and rosebank supporters there was nobody there besides a few people watching but not many (under 30 which were just public viewers or from other clubs) this showed having 1s finals on a different day doesnt not attact more people and people just go watch the grade there in or the club there involved in not going to watch a game of cricket because its high standard. It was a disgrace that there was no NORTH METRO representives there and that was meant to be a grade and i dont know about the other two grades but it was ridiculous they were a no show besides neil reily who was umpiring

by the way when are the 20/20 sides announced for next sundays games at barling in the fundrasing

thegreatest;326007 said:
hi guys

i think you'll find the 1 v4 and 2 v 3 scenario has made a comeback because quite simply, the double chance is ridiculous.

it will also re-appear in the top grades quite soon. well as soon as clubs are allowed to vote on it rather than rosebank saying we have to have it.

8 teams and a double chance??? what the hell for???

anyone know of any other cricket comp that has this stupid rule???

if you finish on top and cant beat 4th, you are not that good.

thoughts???

thegreatest;326007 said:
hi guys

i think you'll find the 1 v4 and 2 v 3 scenario has made a comeback because quite simply, the double chance is ridiculous.

it will also re-appear in the top grades quite soon. well as soon as clubs are allowed to vote on it rather than rosebank saying we have to have it.

8 teams and a double chance??? what the hell for???

anyone know of any other cricket comp that has this stupid rule???

if you finish on top and cant beat 4th, you are not that good.

thoughts???

thegreatest;326007 said:
hi guys

I think you will find that the "one day" finals will be a completely different story to the proper finals! And the idea isn't that every clubs seconds through fifths go and watch the a grade game it's that the clubs lower grades can go and watch their ones if they are good enough to make the grand final i can assure you that if my club makes the grand final in the ones we will have plenty of support from our lower grades at the gf. As for the nmca representation i was at the a grade and the b grade and saw at least a couple of them watching at different stages of games.

thegreatest;326007 said:
hi guys

I think you will find that the "one day" finals will be a completely different story to the proper finals! And the idea isn't that every clubs seconds through fifths go and watch the a grade game it's that the clubs lower grades can go and watch their ones if they are good enough to make the grand final i can assure you that if my club makes the grand final in the ones we will have plenty of support from our lower grades at the gf. As for the nmca representation i was at the a grade and the b grade and saw at least a couple of them watching at different stages of games.

its a one day finals it means nothing you are aiming for the main one at the end of the year. the grand final that people actually remember

its a one day finals it means nothing you are aiming for the main one at the end of the year. the grand final that people actually remember

NMCA Strathewen Fundraiser is now combined with the NFL !
Still at Barling Reserve this Sunday Sen will be there a stage with concert etc !
Hope all clubs get down to support !

NMCA Strathewen Fundraiser is now combined with the NFL !
Still at Barling Reserve this Sunday Sen will be there a stage with concert etc !
Hope all clubs get down to support !

thegreatest;326007 said:
hi guys

agree , thought there would have been a few more there but i think the real finals will be a bit different.

NO north metro reps there cause they had the problem with camrea nmca wanted to play all 3 games at barling , but camrea said no

WE HAVE AN ELIMINATION FINAL IN A GRADE ON THE WEEKEND YOU WOULD HAVE THOUGHT THEY MAY HAVE APPOINTED A COUPLE OF THIER BETTER UMPIRES ( i know their aint many ) but what r they doing in quick shield ? WE ARE NOT IMPRESSED

thegreatest;326007 said:
hi guys

agree , thought there would have been a few more there but i think the real finals will be a bit different.

NO north metro reps there cause they had the problem with camrea nmca wanted to play all 3 games at barling , but camrea said no

WE HAVE AN ELIMINATION FINAL IN A GRADE ON THE WEEKEND YOU WOULD HAVE THOUGHT THEY MAY HAVE APPOINTED A COUPLE OF THIER BETTER UMPIRES ( i know their aint many ) but what r they doing in quick shield ? WE ARE NOT IMPRESSED

8 ball over; said:

its a good point, i hear that northcote united are not happy with their appointments last round vs baseballers or in the coming round vs keon park, considering they are massive matches for the club.

8 ball over; said:

its a good point, i hear that northcote united are not happy with their appointments last round vs baseballers or in the coming round vs keon park, considering they are massive matches for the club.

northmetroboy;326543 said:

it would be nice if someone could explain how the appointments r made . ive got a feeling its not how good you are but who you are . in an 8 team comp the better a grade umpires should get the best games week in week out

northmetroboy;326543 said:

it would be nice if someone could explain how the appointments r made . ive got a feeling its not how good you are but who you are . in an 8 team comp the better a grade umpires should get the best games week in week out

Billy;325892 said:

Interested on the thoughts of those that have been around a while on Rick as a batsmen, he has played the majority of his games in B grade, how would he have fared in A grade???

Billy;325892 said:

Interested on the thoughts of those that have been around a while on Rick as a batsmen, he has played the majority of his games in B grade, how would he have fared in A grade???

8 ball over;326585 said:
I think the umpiring appointments are just about spot on!

8 ball over;326585 said:

Flipper;326644 said:
Billy;325892 said:

I think he would have made a lot of runs.

I have played against Rick, I have umpired him, have trained with him and one day I will play cricket with him (when he turns 68 and plays in the thirds by the way), he always plays straight and too his strengths. He would have made a bucket of runs in A grade but his loyalty stop him from playing a lot of A grade cricket.

Good luck Mongoose! Lets hope the monty gets up because its your turn on the punt.

Flipper;326644 said:
Billy;325892 said:

I think he would have made a lot of runs.

I have played against Rick, I have umpired him, have trained with him and one day I will play cricket with him (when he turns 68 and plays in the thirds by the way), he always plays straight and too his strengths. He would have made a bucket of runs in A grade but his loyalty stop him from playing a lot of A grade cricket.

Good luck Mongoose! Lets hope the monty gets up because its your turn on the punt.

G Sorrentino;326728 said:

you would ! i note there have been changes? far to many with far to much influence ! this season cant finish quick enough , cant wait for next year and to lead by an administration that actually understands the game !

just a question Gabe IF I MAY . if you play in the finals this year r u going to embaress yourself and youre club like you did in the grand final last year ! it must be fun knowing that you are untouchable on the ground !

G Sorrentino;326728 said:

you would ! i note there have been changes? far to many with far to much influence ! this season cant finish quick enough , cant wait for next year and to lead by an administration that actually understands the game !

just a question Gabe IF I MAY . if you play in the finals this year r u going to embaress yourself and youre club like you did in the grand final last year ! it must be fun knowing that you are untouchable on the ground !

8 ball over;326762 said:

I don't always agree with umpiring selections but most of the season its been good. I think once you get past the top three grades, its hard to get it right.

I tend to embarass myself a fair bit on the cricket field. I don't need you to point it out.

In regards to last year's GF and me being untouchable, I may have had some choice words to say but who was it that raised a bat at me and threaten to hit me. Did anything happen to that player?

8 ball over;326762 said:

I don't always agree with umpiring selections but most of the season its been good. I think once you get past the top three grades, its hard to get it right.

I tend to embarass myself a fair bit on the cricket field. I don't need you to point it out.

In regards to last year's GF and me being untouchable, I may have had some choice words to say but who was it that raised a bat at me and threaten to hit me. Did anything happen to that player?

8 ball over;326762 said:

what a weak comment towards Gabe !
Everyone in the league is looking forward to your administration next year

8 ball over;326762 said:

what a weak comment towards Gabe !
Everyone in the league is looking forward to your administration next year

8 ball over;326762 said:

i find it hard to see how winning a grand final is embarassing for a player or his club? maybe embarassing for the blokes on the opposition team perhaps?

8 ball over;326762 said:

i find it hard to see how winning a grand final is embarassing for a player or his club? maybe embarassing for the blokes on the opposition team perhaps?

8 ball over;326762 said:

Do not defend yourself Gabe, this guy obviously has a memory of choice. I couldn't see at the GF last year and I saw what happened.

8 ball over;326762 said:

Do not defend yourself Gabe, this guy obviously has a memory of choice. I couldn't see at the GF last year and I saw what happened.

Flipper;326644 said:

I have played with the mongoose for 40odd games now Flip even spoke to him at the start of year about making way for the young blokes if it becomes an even battle. I can tell you that he isn't giving his spot up. The biggest thing that has stood out has been how straight he plays and understanding his limitations - he is a great cricketer.

Flipper;326644 said:

I have played with the mongoose for 40odd games now Flip even spoke to him at the start of year about making way for the young blokes if it becomes an even battle. I can tell you that he isn't giving his spot up. The biggest thing that has stood out has been how straight he plays and understanding his limitations - he is a great cricketer.

should be a good finish this week in quick everygame has an influence on top 4 or relegation
Fairfield vs colts-can colts win and secure there spot in jack quick??will need hopkins to pull em acrss the line = colts will win

Cobras vs cameron- can cobras win and steal 2nd spot or will cameron be to determined and pull off a shock upset? cameron will be lookin for ex cobra harrison to make runs and take wickets for them to have any chance, cobras for me

Donath vs Preston YCW- simple as this. winner takes 4th spot. i think hill will fire up along with tucker, byrne to bowl them to victory. ycw need to get there bowling right to have any chance. Donath in a thriller

Rivergum vs Lalor-1st vs 2nd. Both coming off losses. rivergum in a must win situation will cement 2nd with a win, a loss will see them finish 4th. lalor in a nothing game really.rivergum lookin for there bowlers to skittle lalor early with bramich, bayly, bannister. lalor relying on christie.. rivergum by 1 wicket

should be a good finish this week in quick everygame has an influence on top 4 or relegation
Fairfield vs colts-can colts win and secure there spot in jack quick??will need hopkins to pull em acrss the line = colts will win

Cobras vs cameron- can cobras win and steal 2nd spot or will cameron be to determined and pull off a shock upset? cameron will be lookin for ex cobra harrison to make runs and take wickets for them to have any chance, cobras for me

Donath vs Preston YCW- simple as this. winner takes 4th spot. i think hill will fire up along with tucker, byrne to bowl them to victory. ycw need to get there bowling right to have any chance. Donath in a thriller

Rivergum vs Lalor-1st vs 2nd. Both coming off losses. rivergum in a must win situation will cement 2nd with a win, a loss will see them finish 4th. lalor in a nothing game really.rivergum lookin for there bowlers to skittle lalor early with bramich, bayly, bannister. lalor relying on christie.. rivergum by 1 wicket

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back