NMCA Juniors

• Thread starter imported_simmo_
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: NMCA Juniors

who do u guys think will be the key player or players for the 16's. or what players will have to stand up to lead the team to victory.

Does anybody know who this guy from hdca 'the eagles' is.
He just came into our thread and started bagging our league.

also who is underrated?

what club do you play for....

if you dont want to tell me thats fine..

im in the side n i reckon the key players r flinny marshii cale n jai to dominate opening wif me
underrated;298096 said:
who do u guys think will be the key player or players for the 16's. or what players will have to stand up to lead the team to victory.

conor u goin come to our matches eii stefan jenkins lives 2 houses down from me
unluckycricketer;297991 said:
lol could it be that hard whos big in the 16s and cat sortve gives it away its BIG mat CATolico:p

Preston Druids Cricket Club
U/15's Division 1

The players:

Remy Perin: Opening batsman/ Part Time Pace Bowler. Remy had batted consistently throughout the season before a downfall last week. Solid batsmen and is a quiet acheiver and an underrated player as most Preston Druids players are. He can also bowl medium-paced but has been and will be rarely used. I liken him to Steve Harmison; wayward.

Lachlan Holmes: Opening Batsman/ Part Time Pace Bowler: ‘Holmesy’ is another solid batsman who as batted himself into a good position in nearly every match of the season but only once has he come out with a decent score. He bowls pace but balls many no balls and wides.

Adrian Chiodo (captain): #3 Batsman/ Opening Bowler. ‘Chiods’ IMO our best player by far and the captaincy evidently shows that. Economic but somewhat wayward with the ball in the opening overs. Leads by example but not unlike Holmes he has had a couple of really good innings backed up by some fairly bad performances.

Adrian Daher #4, #5, #6 Batsman. ‘Tootsy’ is a solid Batsman and a much-prized recruit. Consistent with the bat not yet without a score below 20. He is a good cricketer who bats defensively. Although that’s not always a good thing as far as posting a score is concerned at least you know you’re going to have a batter there when you need to. So defensive batting can become aggressive in itself.

James Kelly #4, #5, #6 Batsman/ Part Time Bowler. JIMBOB IS AN ABSOLUTE FREAK!!! Like most of the Druids batsmen he has had a couple of half-decent scores backed up by some poor quality performances. He usually comes on for 3 or 4 overs late in the innings and seems to always get 2 or 3 wickets whether he gets smacked about or not.

Ashley Wilson (vice-captain) #6 Batsman/ Opening Bowler: ‘Ash’ is yet to prove his worth with the bat. His statistics really do not show the real quality and skill that he has got. He is an extremely economic bowler who is also an underrated player. The beginning of the year he failed to take wickets but last week was the key strike bowler with his 4 for.

Duncan Stachan #7, #8 Batsmen/ 1st Change Bowler: ‘Dunc’ has the best batting technique at the club by far and he is one of the players responsible for saving our top-order collapses. Footwork is marvellous and he watches the ball extremely well. But on occasions has a tendency to lift his head. His bowling is usually pretty tight and like all of the key bowlers (Chiodo, Wilson, Strachan and Ingle) bowls one side of the wicket consistently.

William Green #7, #8 Batsman/ Wicketkeeper: ‘Greeney’ has been IMO a good recruit from the NWCA (where he continues to play). Last season he took 16 catches behind the stumps, the associations best and averaged 20odd with the bat. This season his wicketkeeping has not been at its best nor has his batting but he and most of his teammates may not know it but he is a vital role in this line-up.

Dean Ingle: #9 Batsman/ Left-arm orthodox bowler: ‘Dingle’ was the runner up in the Division two bowling last season. This season his economy is thereabouts the same. And so too is his bowling. His shit balls still get cartered and his good balls defended. The only difference this year is he's not taking wickets. His actual batting ability is better than he and his teammates understand though his statistics don't show any batting capabilities. An on-field leader.

William Barbour Tailender/Medium Pace Bowler: ‘Wilba’ when focused can actually perform to his worth. When he doesn’t his teammates and even he questions his ability. Barbour is a very handy late innings bowler since switching to pace his bowling has been economical. His batting needs improvement but in reality he’s there for his bowling and his fielding 

Eamonn Maloney Tailender/ Part Time Pace Bowler; Brendan Malonney Tailender; Lorenzo La Rocca Tailender: One of my biggest pet hates are when players are labelled ‘duds’. Okay players may lack skil in certain areas but surely they have something of worth to the side. They are there to improve there game like the rest of us and enjoy the game like the rest of us. I will admit to labelling them so but I’m not the first and I won’t be the last.
Eamonn has improved his bowling by a mile. Earlier in the season Wilson was injured and our coach gave the ball to Eamonn I scoffed at the idea of that but I soon took back all I said and did. He finished the game off with two for and has since continued to improve; his height makes him very difficult to play. With the bat he his very defensive and with his strength is a key to his batting. He may bat at 11 and may not be that good but when he hits the ball it will go a fair way.
Brendan is a decent medium pace bowler and he definitely isn’t the worst batter I’ve seen. He can get the ball on the pitch and can hit the balls he faces. His gully fielding is vital when he substitutes.
Lorenzo bowls ‘donkey drops’ as most of us refer to them as. But if he gets them on the pitch watch out. You will want to smash him and if your not careful may find yourself stumped. He still has a long way to go with his batting but hey what’s junior cricket for? Improving everyone’s skills no matter what their capabilities.

What are you peoples opinion on the Druids for the flag in Division 1 this season and the players you think are of worthy mentions?

Penguin08-09;298503 said:
Adrian Daher #4, #5, #6 Batsman. ‘Tootsy’ is a solid Batsman and a much-prized recruit. Consistent with the bat not yet without a score below 20. He is a good cricketer who bats defensively. Although that’s not always a good thing as far as posting a score is concerned at least you know you’re going to have a batter there when you need to. So defensive batting can become aggressive in itself.

When did toots cross from trinity?

U/15's Division 1

The players:

Adrian Chiodo (captain): #3 Batsman/ Opening Bowler. ‘Chiods’ IMO our best player by far and the captaincy evidently shows that. Economic but somewhat wayward with the ball in the opening overs. Leads by example but not unlike Holmes he has had a couple of really good innings backed up by some fairly bad performances.

chiodo doesn't lead. the coach sets their fields gives dodgey decisions the coach decides everything. the only thing chiodo does that that his team mates don't is that he goes out and does the toss. he doesn't even decides if they are going to bat and bowl. the coach decides. how can he lead by example when he doesn't get a chance to. and how is Lorenzo suppose to improve when he hasn't batted or bowled this year. the same as eamons little brother. the druids bowl 5 or 6 people every week and bat the same order with the same people missing out. if you look at all the other teams the order has been mixed around. different people opening different people bowling.
the druids arnt that good a side when only 6 or 7 people get a go every week. at least with other sides nearly everyone has bowled 2 or 3 overs a game, and most people have batted. what druids don't understand is this is junior cricket its not about winning premierships, its about learning and improving, people like Lorenzo have just wasted their money for the last 2 years, the kid has never bowled and has even batted 5 times in the last two years.

U/15's Division 1

The players:

Im sorry mate, either he's really improved or your not facing decent bowlers.
I played with him in Jika 2 years ago in VMCU and he didnt get over 30 in the whole comp. I mean i cant talk with my batting, but anyway, looks like a decent side.

underrated;298629 said:

chiodo doesn't lead. the coach sets their fields gives dodgey decisions the coach decides everything. the only thing chiodo does that that his team mates don't is that he goes out and does the toss. he doesn't even decides if they are going to bat and bowl. the coach decides. how can he lead by example when he doesn't get a chance to. and how is Lorenzo suppose to improve when he hasn't batted or bowled this year. the same as eamons little brother. the druids bowl 5 or 6 people every week and bat the same order with the same people missing out. if you look at all the other teams the order has been mixed around. different people opening different people bowling.
the druids arnt that good a side when only 6 or 7 people get a go every week. at least with other sides nearly everyone has bowled 2 or 3 overs a game, and most people have batted. what druids don't understand is this is junior cricket its not about winning premierships, its about learning and improving, people like Lorenzo have just wasted their money for the last 2 years, the kid has never bowled and has even batted 5 times in the last two years.

I'm guessing your one of those Bundoora Park dudes. You know the type with your teammates D**KS up your ar*e. All that aside. On-field isn't the only type of leadership. Junior Cricket!!!! You can't expect the captain to do everything wait till the 17's for that. The coach doesn't decide he usually consults Chiodo, Ingle and Wilson and we decide. His cricketing performes dickwit is his way of leading by example. Jeez. You must go to Bundoora Mental Health CLinic. Jeez. I've never had so much trouble replying to a goddamn post. The only thing I agree with you on is Lorenzo and Brendan.
But training is for training. When they show at training then they'll get a chance in a match. We bowl the same 5 or 6 because they're the best 5 or 6 and the others dont WANT to bowl. I hear were your coming from with the same batting and bowling order. And maybe we don't understand that junior crickets not about premierships well so be it. Would you bat McGrath at 3. Wouldyou bowl Hayden. Mate get your head out your arse and use the brain lodged between your ears. Or don't you have one???

Tell me you don't rely on Bennett, Fox, Skok, Doddato and Taylor ???????????????

The Big Cat;298636 said:
Im sorry mate, either he's really improved or your not facing decent bowlers.
I played with him in Jika 2 years ago in VMCU and he didnt get over 30 in the whole comp. I mean i cant talk with my batting, but anyway, looks like a decent side.

We'll we all improve don't we. 30 is a tightarse benchmark don't you think.:confused: 20's more reasonable.:rolleyes: Yeh and it is a decent side :)

Penguin08-09;299108 said:
Would you bat McGrath at 3. Wouldyou bowl Hayden.

thats international cricket mate they are getting paided for if they win or lose so its stupid if you are going to compare international cricket to junior cricket. Give the kids a go especially at under 15 and under 13 level

underrated;298629 said:

Your From Bundoora Park Right????????.
a) Chiodo does lead. His cricketing performances show that. He is a great motivator. I don't always agree with everything he and the coach do but if it's for the good of the team then I'm happy.
b) The coach doesn't give dodgy decisions. He plays "a" reserve. If anything he knows too many rules. But If it's out it's out deal with it. :D
c) The coach never does anything without consulting the players. He calls-over the opening batsmen (Perin, Holmes) and bowlers (Chiodo, Wilson and Ingle) pre-match and as a whole they decide.
d) I personally believe that the batting order hould be switched around but training is for training and when Lorenzo, Brendan improve they will get their chance. Eg; Eamonn improved dramatically over the off-season and has been granted the oppurtunity to bowl on a few occasions. :rolleyes:
e) We bowl the same 5 or 6 because
i)They're our best 5 or 6
ii)The others don't want to bowl
iii)Or simply they can't
You don't see how they bowl in a match. You use training to train them. If they perform they'll get their go.. Again:cool:

f) No they're not. You guys rely on Fox, Doddato, Skok, Bennett, and Taylor. Without them you're nothing. And they're not crash-hot anyway. You guys didn't lose to us because of dodgy decisions. You lost because you have individuals. We are a whole. A team of champions (Fox, Doddato, Skok, Bennett) will NEVER beat a champion team.

g) Don't tell me about not getting a go. You guys are exactly the same. Most junior sides are. 13's you can mix it around. 15's you develop structure. 17's you adopt that structure. And that's what our coach has been doing. Trying to develop a structure that we can adopt and become a dominant 17's side.

(*) denotes players who do both

h) No! Junior cricket isn't about winning premeierships. It's about having a go. EVERYONE has a role.
Remy Perin- Opens the batting and doesn't bowl
Lachlan Holmes- Opens the batting / part time bowler
Adrian Chiodo- 3 batter / opening bowler (*)
Andrian Daher 4 batter/ doesn't bowl
James Kelly 5 batter/ part time bowler
Ash Wilson 6 Batter/ opening bowler (*)
Duncan Strachan 7 batter/ 1st change bowler
Will Green 8 Batter/ Wicketkeeper
Dean Ingle 9 Batter/ 2nd change bowler
Eamonn 10 Batter / part Time Bowler
Will Barbour 11 Batter/ part time bowler
Brendan and Lorenzo (don't bat/ don't bowl) (substitute fieldsman, both gully, great reflexes. That's they'rejob and that's where they contribute).

My objections:
Brendan and Lorenzo only field. Lower order should be rotated.
Will Green bats low/ keeps: Should bat higher because he doesn't bowl
Chiodo should bat lower becasue he bowls.
Strachan bat below Green because he bowls

Preferred Order
1. Perin
2. Holmes
3. Kelly
4. Daher
5. Chiodo
6. Green
7. Wilson
8. Strachan
9. Ingle
10 & 11. two of Barbour, Eamonn, Lorenzo and Brendan (rotation policy)

h) and for the thousandth time when he improves he'lll get his chance:mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back