No-Balls

No-Balls

Hi recently i have had trouble with no balls. I am not really sure what the reason is, it maybe my run-up or something else. I have remeasured my run-up several times(using the running into open field method and bowling when i feel right) and I get the same result every time. I have notices that my run-up is not as rhythmic as is use to be. Please help with the problem, i have several videos of me bowling that i can post up later if needed.
Thanks

Re: No-Balls

I had the same sort of issue, what helped me was to count the physical steps I made when I ran in, I was quite often one step off in my run up which lead to being half a metre over the crease. I now count 11 steps then the next one I'm in my delivery action. Perhaps that would help?

Also posting up the videos regardless of whether it will help this cause is still good. There's no doubt Liz, Mas or Dave will be able to fix something even if you don't think it's wrong :)

fastbowler;390421 said:
Hi recently i have had trouble with no balls. I am not really sure what the reason is, it maybe my run-up or something else. I have remeasured my run-up several times(using the running into open field method and bowling when i feel right) and I get the same result every time. I have notices that my run-up is not as rhythmic as is use to be. Please help with the problem, i have several videos of me bowling that i can post up later if needed.
Thanks

You've done the logical thing by reworking your run up. Have you had someone checking where you're landing and how far each no ball is over?

As for the rhythm, that is likely to be more of a mechanical problem which is where Liz comes in. Videos will definitely help here.

Hi fb... been awhile :).

You must be just about 18 now. If I remember rightly, you used to have a good run up with good rhythm and quite a pace on you so something has gone amiss... have you changed much in height/weight over the last two years?

As the guys say, a video would be a good idea as it looks as if you have tried all the obvious.

haha yeaa its been a while, im 17 now..i have grown alot in the past couple of years and have drastically increased my speed, probably one of the fastest in my league. This no ball and rhythm issue just started, but i will try counting my steps and get somebody to see where i land. I will try to upload a video sometime soon.

It really is understandable. You have so much more force and energy to transfer that your rhythm is bound to be off, especially if you are still increasing your pace.

As mas says, take your run up from where you would like to land backwards [you running forwards... just going back :D], getting somebody to mark your landing each time. When you can land in the same place a couple of times, turn around and start your run up from the mark; still getting somebody to watch you and putting down markers/chalking where you land.

Did any of that make sense?

Liz Ward;390672 said:
It really is understandable. You have so much more force and energy to transfer that your rhythm is bound to be off, especially if you are still increasing your pace.

As mas says, take your run up from where you would like to land backwards [you running forwards... just going back :D], getting somebody to mark your landing each time. When you can land in the same place a couple of times, turn around and start your run up from the mark; still getting somebody to watch you and putting down markers/chalking where you land.

Did any of that make sense?

If not then allow me to spam (cough, cough) my blog which says the same as above but with a few more words added!

I will practice tomorrow and I will try all these things...all this does make sense..lets see how it goes tomorrow and I will let u guys know how it works out..thanks a lot in advance, got two big tournaments coming up soon along with start of the season, so hopefully i can correct this problem before that.

Pre-season is as good as time as any to work on things. Remember to make it as realistic as possible when trying to find your run up - it will help.

mas cambios;390719 said:
If not then allow me to spam (cough, cough) my blog which says the same as above but with a few more words added!

Thank goodness for that... flashbacks of trying to explain cricket to a group of German primary school teachers on exchange. I got as far as:

"The players who are not in try to get those, who are in, out and when they are out they go in as their team mates who are out come in..." :confused:

We went in and I made them a cup of tea. I gave them a copy of HOWZAT! First Innings and they were more than happy!

I am just amazed that you have any cricket at all, let alone big tournaments fb. Are most players ex pats [I mean within living memory :D], or does cricket have a reasonable reputation down there? Is it bigger than rugby, or on the same kind of footing?

Ok so I had nets yesterday, i have solved my problem :D I measured my runup again, came out same as usual. Then I got 2 friends to see where i was jumping and and where i was landing, then i moved the spot where i jump from a little backwards, and now landing inside the crease. Thanks alot

Back