No UDRS for India Australia series.

No UDRS for India Australia series.

India's decision to have no review system for these matches, should have been part of Australia's agreement to tour. India aren't for the best interests of the game.

Re: No UDRS for India Australia series.

The sub-continent don't really have the technolgy set up ready to use for the UDRS. Hot Spot, although not necessary, isn't possible until at least half way through next year. Hawkeye is there but I'm pretty sure they have to lug things around from ground to ground, whereas in other countries they have it all ready to go.

They shouldn't be using the UDRS until everybody can use it every tour.

UDRS will be available for all test matches for the viewers in the Australian tour of India. The fact is India believe it is a disadvantage to them and therefore don't want to use it.

OhMyGodTheChips;407314 said:
UDRS will be available for all test matches for the viewers in the Australian tour of India. The fact is India believe it is a disadvantage to them and therefore don't want to use it.

Ah, I assumed it was the same situation as the no Hot Spot in the World Cup, the subcontinent's lack of funding and foresight despite having the richest and most influential cricket board in the world based there.

If it is able to be set up then I don't believe the country should really have a choice like that. I'm against the UDRS in the first place (although I have warmed to it a little), but it shouldn't be something you can pick and choose. It's the same as being able to pick and choose as to whether the team gets the use of the third umpire (for run outs and such) or not.

OhMyGodTheChips;407314 said:

ironic isnt it

It's a shame how the BCCI are so reluctant to using this system - I think the UDRS has been a brilliant inclusion in the modern game, but obviously the Indians have another way of looking at things.

king_of_slaves;407432 said:
It's a shame how the BCCI are so reluctant to using this system - I think the UDRS has been a brilliant inclusion in the modern game, but obviously the Indians have another way of looking at things.

they probably see it as just another tool whitey dreamed up to screw them over

Back