Noffke heads west to the Warriors

Re: Noffke heads west to the Warriors

I'm a little concerned by his injuries though. He'll be a good pick-up but it will only be worth it if he is able to get on the park.

At full strength, our best bowling attack would be,

Noffke
Johnson
Dorey
Magoffin

Funny that three of them are from Queensland. :D

Johnson will only play a handful of games for us if that, so he would either be replaced by Edmondson or Heal.

With the players we have if we can't win something next year something is bloody wrong.

Kram81;352347 said:
With the players we have if we can't win something next year something is bloody wrong.

It all depends how much they want it. Our batting was very, very disappointing last year. We only really had Marcus North who performed with the bat consistently and he probably won't be there this season due to Australian duties. To a lesser extent we had Voges play well in the one-dayers but his Shield form was poor. Other than those two, we were pretty bad, Pomersbach had a shocking season, funny to think he wasn't far away from a possible ODI debut at the end of 2007/2008. Ronchi too was ordinary, very ordinary in fact. He has the potential yet he is so impatient when he plays, he needs to be able to defend when required as well as attack.

Bowling should be pretty good, Noffke will give our attack extra penetration and that might leave Bandy and Michael Johnson without a role in the side. Add to that Dorey, Magoffin, Heal and Edmondson and that is a pretty good attack.

I'm not expecting great thing but we should be competitive at the very least.

Wow, signed up another player who will never actually play for them :D

Funny thing about WAs season last year is some people were claiming they were favourites to win everything :eek:

i know him personally myself, i come from and play cricket on the sunshine coast. hes pretty angry that the bulls haven't contracted him for the shorter form of the game for over a year. they want to make sure he lasts as long as possible in the SS, but know they have lost their best bowler, and pretty damn close to their best batsman. didnt get much of a go last year as a result of a back injury, but played a couple of really good games in the IPL and is now playing county cricket. he will be fit enough for the next seasons play.

its lucky he was injured though, his time off allowed him to spot a suspicious looking blemish on his arm and discovered he had skin cancer. hes right now and ready to play, but if he wasnt injured he wouldnt have bothered getting it checked and he'd be in a bit of trouble now.

hes not that injury prone though, a lot of his injuries were pure accidents like rolling his ankle on a ball in a tour match for australia in the 2005 ashes. since gillespie and kaspa (two of my favourite bowlers ever) weren't in the best of form he may have made the difference and brought australia home :p.

its lucky WA is my second favourite team... nofke is in brilliant form at the moment. you westerners better feel lucky, i dont like it at all.

Back