North A and B 09/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
re: North A and B 10/11

DizzyGillepsie;372954 said:
a person's age should not dictate whether they are a good or shit player. good on the bloke for taking a bag... at the end of the day someone has to do the job.

fully support the over 40 brigade dizzy. Good on the young fella. If we over 40's didn't have to field, some of us would play till we were 70

StAndrewsman;372543 said:
any ideas on where middleton, barletta and plummer have gone, they can't have just disappeared coud they?

barletta not playing just yet hasnt made up his mind where to play possibly looking for the right $$$still could end up playing at albion........plummer is coaching albion.........

middleton......who cares he aint much chop........imo

DizzyGillepsie;372954 said:
a person's age should not dictate whether they are a good or shit player. good on the bloke for taking a bag... at the end of the day someone has to do the job.

Too right mate. Skill has nothing to do with age.

202 n.o;373447 said:
he bats ok but his bowling is avg

Taken from my cricket website

BOWLING
OVERS 193.2
MAIDENS 49
WICKETS 33
RUNS 514
BEST BOWLING 5-17
AVERAGE 15.6
STRIKE RATE 35.2
ECONOMY RATE 2.7

They look like good figures to me. Id like to see your bowling stats.

M/Valley looking the goods.

Outright wins in 1st and 2nds this week.

Looking like the team to beat at this stage

7/564;374330 said:
M/Valley looking the goods.

Outright wins in 1st and 2nds this week.

Looking like the team to beat at this stage

I reckon St Albans are stiil the team t o beat on paper atleast. That's if they get all their 1X1 on the park.

Moonee Valley off to a dream start but they have beaten 2 oridinay sides in AH and albion. had a good win in a one dayer against St Albans but things can go either way on onedayers. SO for mine St albans are still the favs.

I see ur mob had a win against Craigeburn. waht did u make of Craigeburn?

Avo struggling big time, they still have 2 /3 talented players from last year but need more to avoid the drop.

ROY G BIV;374409 said:
I reckon St Albans are stiil the team t o beat on paper atleast. That's if they get all their 1X1 on the park.

Moonee Valley off to a dream start but they have beaten 2 oridinay sides in AH and albion. had a good win in a one dayer against St Albans but things can go either way on onedayers. SO for mine St albans are still the favs.

I see ur mob had a win against Craigeburn. waht did u make of Craigeburn?

Avo struggling big time, they still have 2 /3 talented players from last year but need more to avoid the drop.

Think they may struggle, but wouldn't be the first time iv'e been wrong.

We should find out more about our club this week against M. Valley should ( touch wood) field our strongest teams for the year this round. we were unlucky first 2 rounds didn't bat out the overs would of been nice to be 2 and 1 instead of 1 and 2

7/564;374414 said:
Think they may struggle, but wouldn't be the first time iv'e been wrong.

We should find out more about our club this week against M. Valley should ( touch wood) field our strongest teams for the year this round. we were unlucky first 2 rounds didn't bat out the overs would of been nice to be 2 and 1 instead of 1 and 2

MValley vs East Keilor should be a good game

You say this week may be ur strongest side, if so very much interested to see how u go.

With Moonee valley A pereira adds class to that batting line up.
Roach does well against ordinary attacks + their other opener Aiyapan has got off to a terrific start in NTH A1. So big wickets for u r A pereira + roach/ with the exception of Aiypan the rest haven't been tested or i should say they were only tested last week gainst Albion where rest of the valley batters failed even though they beat albion outright.

Valley bowling is steady at best pridham is ok but there's no one there capable of running through a QUALITY batting line up.

Full credit to MValley off to a good dream start but nothing special?

ROY G BIV;374466 said:

You say this week may be ur strongest side, if so very much interested to see how u go.

Roach does well against ordinary attacks + their other opener Aiyapan has got off to a terrific start in NTH A1. So big wickets for u r A pereira + roach/ with the exception of Aiypan the rest haven't been tested or i should say they were only tested last week gainst Albion where rest of the valley batters failed even though they beat albion outright.

Valley bowling is steady at best pridham is ok but there's no one there capable of running through a QUALITY batting line up.

tips for the round ??????

mvalley should win at home i played them there last year and its only a small ground but hard to play on and they play it well. wicket is a road and makes taking wickets very hard... suits there side maybe:cool:

ROY G BIV;374466 said:

have u played with roachy ROY i have and he makes runs against quality bowlers and in the big games and always at the top of the order not like at lot of capts who hide down the order like we have now. he top socerd in g/f a few years back i dont what to pump his tyers up he dose that himself but he backs it up good on him after whet tulla done to him this year he will make 600 odd this year if what u say is a road.i spoke to him after he made 160 odd the first game he said it is a road he also said they have a good side that will play finals he thinks they can win it but i still think it will be st,albans ore f/u

Anyone had any first hand experience with Werribee? I have spoken to players at 2 different clubs who have played them and both have reported some very poor play. Both had massive problems with the captain and coach who were extremely aggresive and over the top. St Albans, who played them last week, even had their players sit around their scorer and she felt threatened. I haven't seen it myself, and there are two sides to every story, but what I have heard does not sounds like the kind of cricket we should be promoting. Any thoughts??

IntoThe Wind;374593 said:
Anyone had any first hand experience with Werribee? I have spoken to players at 2 different clubs who have played them and both have reported some very poor play. Both had massive problems with the captain and coach who were extremely aggresive and over the top. St Albans, who played them last week, even had their players sit around their scorer and she felt threatened. I haven't seen it myself, and there are two sides to every story, but what I have heard does not sounds like the kind of cricket we should be promoting. Any thoughts??

G'day Into The Wind

I umpire in the WSUCCA and have umpired some of the lower Grades of Werribee Centrals and most of their guys are ok. However they do have a few young guys around the 18-21 years of age who are big smart asses, like to sledge alot and think they're alot better than what they are.

Also 2 weeks ago in a game between Melton Centrals and Werribee Centrals in C Grade of the Western suburbs Churches Association the game was called off due to a Werribee Centrals player king hitting a melton centrals player which caused an all in. The melton player who was hit needed to be taken away in an ambulance.

Seems there could be a bit of a disapline problem.

Billy Bowden;374617 said:
G'day Into The Wind

I umpire in the WSUCCA and have umpired some of the lower Grades of Werribee Centrals and most of their guys are ok. However they do have a few young guys around the 18-21 years of age who are big smart asses, like to sledge alot and think they're alot better than what they are.

Also 2 weeks ago in a game between Melton Centrals and Werribee Centrals in C Grade of the Western suburbs Churches Association the game was called off due to a Werribee Centrals player king hitting a melton centrals player which caused an all in. The melton player who was hit needed to be taken away in an ambulance.

Seems there could be a bit of a disapline problem.

That does not sound good.

Havent played against them for a few years, but watched the grand final last year and what i saw wasn't that great

I've had the pleasure - or displeasure, of playing against them for the past couple of years and it is only 1 clown that brings the rest of the side down. Phil Crea does not know the meaning of "Spirit of the Game". Everytime we played them, it invariably ended up in him mouthing off and starting trouble with our boys and his team getting embarassed by his antics and having a go at him. There are at least 2 occassions that i can recall where he has left at the end of the day in the shits without saying goodbye to his team mates, let alone the opposition.

He may well be a good bloke off the park, but, disappointingly, none of us were ever to keen to find out because of the way he carried on on the park. No harm in a bit of verbal, none of us can claim to be choir boys, but he unfortunately manages to over step the line every time we played against them - Most disappointing thing is, the rest of them are pretty good blokes and we have enjoyed having a beer with them

IntoThe Wind;374593 said:

yes i have got a thought idiot never have i stood over a woman and never will i have played crick over 30 years and have been taught to play the game hard never once have i cried when opposition players sledge me its part of the game and as been for years and yes i do teach my players dont let anyone stand over u and am proud that my young players dont take shit and it makes it more pleasing that our club dont have to spend 40 thousand to win premerships so really u need to get a grib of yourself and stop relating stupid messages and get a life

lol of course i am a clown really doesnt worry me what u think i have got the respect of my players and thats all that matters and it doesnt cost me 40 grand to win premerships so i must be a really shit coach

Phil i give you credit for what you have achieved at the Centrals and you may very well be a great coach - all well and good. I also agree that premierships should be won and not bought, so if you managed to win the flag last year without paying Ed and Co, which i doubt, then i applaude you on it.

Fact remains, there is a point on the cricket field that isnt crossed and unfortunately, you have over stepped it a few times. I play pretty hard and i agree that noone should ever be stood over, but i also agree with the old edict, and i admit that i am somewhat of a traditionalist, that cricket is a "Gentlemans Game" and should always be played in that spirit

Just an opinion though mate

Good luck in North A

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back