North A and B 09/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
re: North A and B 10/11

202 n.o;374583 said:
have u played with roachy ROY i have and he makes runs against quality bowlers and in the big games and always at the top of the order not like at lot of capts who hide down the order like we have now. he top socerd in g/f a few years back i dont what to pump his tyers up he dose that himself but he backs it up good on him after whet tulla done to him this year he will make 600 odd this year if what u say is a road.i spoke to him after he made 160 odd the first game he said it is a road he also said they have a good side that will play finals he thinks they can win it but i still think it will be st,albans ore f/u

No never played with him but palyed against himthe last 4 or so years and each year especailly against good quality quicks or spinners (in recent years we haven't had that many quality spinners in the comp??) he has struggled - that is the games i have been invovled in his footwork especially against someone who can bowl is ordinay very edgy.

He made 160 in the first game. but by all reports look at the attack he made those runs against. The leader of that attack is a bloke who didn't even get a bowl last year and the 2nd highest wicket taker is a bloke who never bowls. this is my opinion only based on what i'have seen of him, obviously you have seen him i can only rate him on that not what u've seen him do.
Last year he made a 100 against Foot UNited another side with no bowlers & don't believe me ask the Funited blokes and they will tell you their bowling attack has been a pach work in last 2 years or so.

phil crea;374633 said:
lol of course i am a clown really doesnt worry me what u think i have got the respect of my players and thats all that matters and it doesnt cost me 40 grand to win premerships so i must be a really shit coach

good on you superstar on winning a g/f in NB1 great effort very high standed of cricket do they have umps in that comp c how u go in NA1 spending no money, if your got it spend it your club mit not have it dont have a go at clubs that do and are trying to get to the top thats why you guys will go anywhere. not very good effort so far mate you guys mit win it again next year back at NB1.as for being a big mouth good on you for standing over young blokes you must feel pretty good about yourself.dont no you but cant wait to play you this year a have beer together after the game if you hang around our club rooms ore you mit have to get back to the shit farm.

ROY G BIV;374638 said:
No never played with him but palyed against himthe last 4 or so years and each year especailly against good quality quicks or spinners (in recent years we haven't had that many quality spinners in the comp??) he has struggled - that is the games i have been invovled in his footwork especially against someone who can bowl is ordinay very edgy.

He made 160 in the first game. but by all reports look at the attack he made those runs against. The leader of that attack is a bloke who didn't even get a bowl last year and the 2nd highest wicket taker is a bloke who never bowls. this is my opinion only based on what i'have seen of him, obviously you have seen him i can only rate him on that not what u've seen him do.
Last year he made a 100 against Foot UNited another side with no bowlers & don't believe me ask the Funited blokes and they will tell you their bowling attack has been a pach work in last 2 years or so.
I think your wright with his foot work early in his innings very edgy f/u had a dark bloke from oversees somewhere who took 60 odd wickets and was one of 3 very quick guys bowling in our comp last year so he must have batted o.k that game f/u try to get roach to capt/coach them this year but could only train one night a week due to work so they went with t.j so they must think he has something to offer.i heard the some thing about a/h attark cant wait to play them on our deck, but first hit of the year and you still have to make them and in 40 overs not a bad effort.i notice he hasnt made a run in the two games two L.b.ws

Cover_Drive;374635 said:
Phil i give you credit for what you have achieved at the Centrals and you may very well be a great coach - all well and good. I also agree that premierships should be won and not bought, so if you managed to win the flag last year without paying Ed and Co, which i doubt, then i applaude you on it.

Fact remains, there is a point on the cricket field that isnt crossed and unfortunately, you have over stepped it a few times. I play pretty hard and i agree that noone should ever be stood over, but i also agree with the old edict, and i admit that i am somewhat of a traditionalist, that cricket is a "Gentlemans Game" and should always be played in that spirit

Just an opinion though mate

Good luck in North A
i do agree sometimes i can overstep the mark which i could become better at it ,and u would be surprised what we payed edrich and broughton we are just very lucky the really dont play 4 big money they play 4 the love of the game which after being involved in this comp 4 about 15 years ordninary players are getting big money which makes it all the sweeter when a club with no money can still have susess

202 n.o;374642 said:
I think your wright with his foot work early in his innings very edgy f/u had a dark bloke from oversees somewhere who took 60 odd wickets and was one of 3 very quick guys bowling in our comp last year so he must have batted o.k that game f/u try to get roach to capt/coach them this year but could only train one night a week due to work so they went with t.j so they must think he has something to offer.i heard the some thing about a/h attark cant wait to play them on our deck, but first hit of the year and you still have to make them and in 40 overs not a bad effort.i notice he hasnt made a run in the two games two L.b.ws

Mate i dunno the bloke so what i am saying is just a personal opinion of what i have seen of him playing against him. I know it all comes across as having a go @ him that's not my intention its just 1 blokes opinion. Agree irrespective of the attack(which was ordinary & that's a polite way to put it) 160 in 40 overs brilliant effort & all the best to him for that. plus i agree he must be doing something right if some clubs wanna pay him to play?

U say Footunited last year had a Srilankan import who toolk 60 wickets and roach made a hundred against him, well pal who were the bowlers form the other end or did this import ball from both ends all day, if you've one quality bowler and the rest of the bowling attack made up of batters who have to bowl because there's no one else? How many of his 100 came against the import and hoe many against blokes who were aked to bowl simply because there's no one else. look at this year i hear their keeper I believe MCkay is his name, a good young keeper/bat is forced to give up the gloves and open the bowling that's how desperate they are for bowlers & apparently this bloke keeps for a reason and to his credit he's good at it, because he's as bad as mulari when it comes to his elbow work when bowling.

phil crea;374695 said:
i do agree sometimes i can overstep the mark which i could become better at it ,and u would be surprised what we payed edrich and broughton we are just very lucky the really dont play 4 big money they play 4 the love of the game which after being involved in this comp 4 about 15 years ordninary players are getting big money which makes it all the sweeter when a club with no money can still have susess

How did they do it GU Phil? Did all those flags involve players that played for the love of the club?

2time;374773 said:
How did they do it GU Phil? Did all those flags involve players that played for the love of the club?

see your cricket knowledge is terrible one player was paid at gu that was c .chugg and yes its possible to win flags when u have a group of blokes that get on well together maybe your club should try that

202 n.o;374641 said:
good on you superstar on winning a g/f in NB1 great effort very high standed of cricket do they have umps in that comp c how u go in NA1 spending no money, if your got it spend it your club mit not have it dont have a go at clubs that do and are trying to get to the top thats why you guys will go anywhere. not very good effort so far mate you guys mit win it again next year back at NB1.as for being a big mouth good on you for standing over young blokes you must feel pretty good about yourself.dont no you but cant wait to play you this year a have beer together after the game if you hang around our club rooms ore you mit have to get back to the shit farm.

well i have been know to like a bet so get your money together and may the best side win, see u know very little about me i dont stand over kids and i dont say anything untill other clubs start on our players, my motto is if u give it out expect to get it back and then lets have a drink

... except that no-one would want to when they've had to put up with such anti-social rubbish on a cricket field. It doesn't sit well with many blokes. Win, lose or draw, the beer just doesn't taste so good.

Sober Symonds;374811 said:
... except that no-one would want to when they've had to put up with such anti-social rubbish on a cricket field. It doesn't sit well with many blokes. Win, lose or draw, the beer just doesn't taste so good.

well have made a lot of good friend over the years blokes like yourself i wouldnt even speak to u if u cant take it maybe u should keep doing what u do best and to be honest i have never cared what people think of me because at the end of the day all that matters is my family

phil crea;374826 said:
well have made a lot of good friend over the years blokes like yourself i wouldnt even speak to u if u cant take it maybe u should keep doing what u do best and to be honest i have never cared what people think of me because at the end of the day all that matters is my family

Phil - there are 2 clear cut sides to this and you are trying to merge the 2, you can't do that.
1. You play hard, give as good as you get - I don't think there is anyone worth their salt could disagree with this. It is senior cricket , go hard or go home
2. Just because you cross the white line it does not give you the right to say whatever you want, just like it doesn't give a bloke the right to king hit someone in footy.
You say you don't care what others think of you, and you show that by your actions. If you are going to abuse opponents and try to intimidate them, then it's simple, you won't be liked but more importantly you won't be RESPECTED.
And don't expect the opponents to have a beer with you after the game when you carry on like a tool all day.
A mouth on the cricket field is no different from a mouth at the Pub, open it and let enough crap come out of it you must expect the consequences.
Good luck for the rest of the year mate and I look forward to having a beer with you

ROY G BIV;374765 said:
Mate i dunno the bloke so what i am saying is just a personal opinion of what i have seen of him playing against him. I know it all comes across as having a go @ him that's not my intention its just 1 blokes opinion. Agree irrespective of the attack(which was ordinary & that's a polite way to put it) 160 in 40 overs brilliant effort & all the best to him for that. plus i agree he must be doing something right if some clubs wanna pay him to play?

U say Footunited last year had a Srilankan import who toolk 60 wickets and roach made a hundred against him, well pal who were the bowlers form the other end or did this import ball from both ends all day, if you've one quality bowler and the rest of the bowling attack made up of batters who have to bowl because there's no one else? How many of his 100 came against the import and hoe many against blokes who were aked to bowl simply because there's no one else. look at this year i hear their keeper I believe MCkay is his name, a good young keeper/bat is forced to give up the gloves and open the bowling that's how desperate they are for bowlers & apparently this bloke keeps for a reason and to his credit he's good at it, because he's as bad as mulari when it comes to his elbow work when bowling.

there srilankan did bowl from one end all day well he did vs as nearly every time we have played him he makes runs and lets as no about it when his batting he talk more when he bats than in the fielded always has a beer with as when where finished which is good that mckay from f/u is a gun keeper and very good bat cant belive his bowling.lets move on from roachy

cutoverslips46;374839 said:
Phil - there are 2 clear cut sides to this and you are trying to merge the 2, you can't do that.
1. You play hard, give as good as you get - I don't think there is anyone worth their salt could disagree with this. It is senior cricket , go hard or go home
2. Just because you cross the white line it does not give you the right to say whatever you want, just like it doesn't give a bloke the right to king hit someone in footy.
You say you don't care what others think of you, and you show that by your actions. If you are going to abuse opponents and try to intimidate them, then it's simple, you won't be liked but more importantly you won't be RESPECTED.
And don't expect the opponents to have a beer with you after the game when you carry on like a tool all day.
A mouth on the cricket field is no different from a mouth at the Pub, open it and let enough crap come out of it you must expect the consequences.
Good luck for the rest of the year mate and I look forward to having a beer with you

and what consequences whould they be

phil crea;374803 said:
see your cricket knowledge is terrible one player was paid at gu that was c .chugg and yes its possible to win flags when u have a group of blokes that get on well together maybe your club should try that

I agree with you about GU Phil,but I know for sure Eddie got paid along with Chuggy & the rest of yous played for nothing for 10 years.........I was on the end of a few semi-final smackings lol..........:cool:

hussler;374855 said:
I agree with you about GU Phil,but I know for sure Eddie got paid along with Chuggy & the rest of yous played for nothing for 10 years.........I was on the end of a few semi-final smackings lol..........:cool:

well some one with a cricket brain ,clubs seem to think u need to pay big dollars to win flags all u need is 11 blokes working together and stick together and also be good blokes that leads to sucess and we proved it at gu and now hopefully i can prove it at centrals

phil crea;374852 said:
and what consequences whould they be

Let's not dance around the subject Phil, you get a smack in the mouth. That's what you were looking for wasn't it?

... There's always someone bigger, stronger or crazier than you.

Sober Symonds;374892 said:
Let's not dance around the subject Phil, you get a smack in the mouth. That's what you were looking for wasn't it?

... There's always someone bigger, stronger or crazier than you.

Crea is all bark can not fight to save himself, the way he talks about money its like he has a gambling problem, The blokes a goose is in his last year of a contract they give him the arse straight away if they want to kick on as a club.

Yeah, I've played against him, and I've watched him in action impartially.
Some blokes play the game for different reasons. They want to intimidate and scrap as though it's steet warfare. Whether that's because they get carried away with themselves, the idea of competition or with what they see on TV, or because they have a serious character deficiency, it's a crying shame it spills out onto local sporting grounds. What should be an enjoyable game becomes unpleasant, and ultimately turns people away. Not because they're weak/gutless/whimps, but because they want to play cricket for enjoyment. There are plenty of other sports and summer pasttimes out there, and all that bulls--t does is encourage kids to find one.

bozo;374934 said:
Crea is all bark can not fight to save himself, the way he talks about money its like he has a gambling problem, The blokes a goose is in his last year of a contract they give him the arse straight away if they want to kick on as a club.

isnt it amazing people can hide behind fake names ,and do really want to know club as signed me up 4 2 years actually pretty happy with what i am doing there so sorry to dissapoint u

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back