North A and B 09/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
re: North A and B 10/11

Sober Symonds;375011 said:
So you played for Australia, Yellow?

You can say that about any level apart from the very best, if you want to take that argument. Perhaps if you're talking about 2nds, 3rds or whatever you might be able to say a flag doesn't mean much but it's First XI cricket, and clubs rise & fall on grand final results.

If you played Nth B you might appreciate there are some very good cricketers, even if the overall standard may be lower than North A (which is inferior to Snr A, likewise to Snr Div, and so on ...). Every team wants to win, and that's the best side they can put out on the park - usually the two in the GF are more than capable teams.

If a gun cricketer wins an award at that level, maybe you could judge him as an individual on the quality of opposition, but it's all relative. Darrell Brown is an international cricketer playing VTCA, Peter Magafas played for years below his level, we could go on forever.

Apart from the very best, every competition has another which is superior to it and can look down upon it. "It's only Sheffield Shield after all, they couldn't cut it at the next level".

Similarly Grand United are a fair dinkum club playing against park cricketers - you could say they've had no-one to compete against really.

Great post.

You can say that about any level apart from the very best, if you want to take that argument. Perhaps if you're talking about 2nds, 3rds or whatever you might be able to say a flag doesn't mean much but it's First XI cricket, and clubs rise & fall on grand final results.

If you played Nth B you might appreciate there are some very good cricketers, even if the overall standard may be lower than North A (which is inferior to Snr A, likewise to Snr Div, and so on ...). Every team wants to win, and that's the best side they can put out on the park - usually the two in the GF are more than capable teams.

If a gun cricketer wins an award at that level, maybe you could judge him as an individual on the quality of opposition, but it's all relative. Darrell Brown is an international cricketer playing VTCA, Peter Magafas played for years below his level, we could go on forever.

Apart from the very best, every competition has another which is superior to it and can look down upon it. "It's only Sheffield Shield after all, they couldn't cut it at the next level".

Similarly Grand United are a fair dinkum club playing against park cricketers - you could say they've had no-one to compete against really.

Well done mate! well put.

Isn't Aberfeldie doing better in Nth B under Ingleton's care by the looks of it !!

1st vs 2nd in Nth B this game - Jacana vs Aberfeldie

wonder how the guys down at Aberfeldie Park feel about the new found competition in their grade.

take out the 3 teams that went to Nth A - Werribee Centrals, MV and Craigieburn and Abers Park and Jacana were the 2 teams that were to stand out

how are the 3 x new teams shaping up in this grade ? St Andrews (last) , Altona (1 win) and Kingsville (3rd w/2 wins)

any thoughts gents ?

He who knows best;375116 said:
Isn't Aberfeldie doing better in Nth B under Ingleton's care by the looks of it !!

1st vs 2nd in Nth B this game - Jacana vs Aberfeldie

wonder how the guys down at Aberfeldie Park feel about the new found competition in their grade.

take out the 3 teams that went to Nth A - Werribee Centrals, MV and Craigieburn and Abers Park and Jacana were the 2 teams that were to stand out

how are the 3 x new teams shaping up in this grade ? St Andrews (last) , Altona (1 win) and Kingsville (3rd w/2 wins)

any thoughts gents ?

Still early days in the season and the way the fixture goes you only play the same 4 sides before X-mas then 3 afterwards. So a lot will depend on the run-home for finals positions etc..

Kingy Baps were always pretty competitive so no surprise to see them holding their own, Roosters had a narrow loss last weekend and they look like pressing for the 4 if things go their way. St Andrews off to a slow start but they haven't been disgraced at all (their 2nds seem to be battling tho, so may not be many people pushing for 1sts selection).

Interesting w/end ahead, Jacana rolled Abers for 80-odd last time out so they'd be pretty confident. Apparently the wicket at Jacana is a bit of a bag of tricks tho...

Aber Park v Flemington should be a good match out there, high scoring you'd assume as they usually prepare a good deck.

good luck to everyone!

Judging by result so far it seems to me that Nth B1 is going to be a fairly even competition.
Great to see the new sides being more than competitive and are certainly a chance to reach the four. Aberfeldie were always going to be a hard team to beat in this grade, regardless of there recent efforts in Nth A.

After speaking to a bloke from Aber Park, they are finally getting there best side on the track, apparently non availability has hurt them a little and with the run home after xmas consisting of Roosters, St Andrews and Seabrook i expect them to be there come finals.

Certainly is some great games this weekend, really looking forward to the Jacana v Abers game, i see S Bennett took a nice bag last week and the Aber park v Flemington game should be a close one also. Hope all the teams enjoy the sweltering conditions on saturday,

Cant leave without commenting on the P. Crea posts that have been flying around, I was lucky to play against him in the past couple of seasons and every time we did, there was an incident, sometimes more than one a day. He plays the game hard and crosses the line at times, even Phil admitted that in an earlier post, i find it hard to believe that a large club like Centrals with so many junior sides would tolerate such behavour from anyone, let alone the coach.

Phil is a decent cricketer and has played in many flags and enjoyed plenty of success, i feel if he played the game in a more respectful way (towards opposition), he would set a far better example for the youngsters at Centrals.

Just my opinion.

shhhhhhhhhhh;374510 said:
tips for the round ??????

mvalley should win at home i played them there last year and its only a small ground but hard to play on and they play it well. wicket is a road and makes taking wickets very hard... suits there side maybe:cool:

Going for a couple of long odds this rnd.

Avondale Heights v Werribee Centrals

Werribee favs but AH need to win games like these if they're to avoid the drop, I duuno how they're gonna do this, bowling is rubbish and batting relies on top 3, who made runs last week but still lost comfortably, blokes who have layed 'em this year say : bowlers don't look like getting a 1X1 wicket.

St Albans v Albion

St albans easy , only question is if they can win outright. i would say yes.

Footscray United v Taylors Lakes
Good game United have to be on their game to account for TL.
TL bowling depth a big ? mark. rely on G Gones too much to get wickets
United have beaten craigieburn + a late order partnership saved their blushes against EK, could easliy be 1-2 win:loss ratio.But they should win and have a 3:1 winning start. TJ makes 'em a contender, preccee makes 'em competitive.

Craigieburn v Seddon
Seedon comapred to last year where they finished 2nd last off to a great start, should beat Craigieburn.

Moonee Valley v East Keilor
7/5.. i remember you saying this week could be the strongest 1X1 side you'll pick thus far, if that's so then i rekon u blokes are in with a massive chance, get a perriera out cheap and break the opening partnership chaep then ur well on ur way that's if u don't collapse with bat ur self have arecent history of losing the winnable games. a couple of weeks ago against Funited a good example of that.

Just a point on the new teams way to early to judge were we are at but so far Churches standard would be equivelent to B1.
We lost a 1 dayer to Kingy by 10 runs we also lost by 10 runs to Flemington which was dissapointing considering we had them 4/40.

Should be very interesting for us this week as we have 2 Weddings & a Funeral and lets not forget an Engagement.
Most unbelievable week at the club in 20 years.
Pulled two teams unber farkin leavable......:mad:

good luck too all this week hope we get heated out lol.:)

BigCoq;375173 said:
Just a point on the new teams way to early to judge were we are at but so far Churches standard would be equivelent to B1.
We lost a 1 dayer to Kingy by 10 runs we also lost by 10 runs to Flemington which was dissapointing considering we had them 4/40.

Should be very interesting for us this week as we have 2 Weddings & a Funeral and lets not forget an Engagement.

u haven't played Aber Park, Abers or Jacana yet

think they're the one's to judge yourselves against

the teams you have mentioned are not much chop I would suspect

Canary Yellow;374978 said:
What is that supposed to mean?? Are you saying Darren Jury, Eddie Maddern, Dave Maddern were not paid at any time?

Hahahahaha...Dave would be flattered...........your a Nuffo!!!!!!!

Mate,Willy Cyms lost 3 grannys in a row to GU & then went to VTCA & worked their way from NTH B1 up to Sen-Div in 5 years.....their side from back then would beat anyone in Nth B1 convincingly..........:eek:

BigCoq;375173 said:

Some one get him a tissue please......excuses,excuses..........waaaaaaaaaa.....:D

hussler;375237 said:
Some one get him a tissue please......excuses,excuses..........waaaaaaaaaa.....:D

no excuses mate we havent lost yet we've got depth.
Hows Armo,Porbega and Callus helping you progress mate
Kaching....
just consentrate on organising some functions to pay ur massive salary cap
or put that nag into the glue factory Hussler!!!!!!

He who knows best;375174 said:
u haven't played Aber Park, Abers or Jacana yet

think they're the one's to judge yourselves against

the teams you have mentioned are not much chop I would suspect

Total agree champ ! as i stated in my first sentence so far!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hussler;375235 said:
Mate,Willy Cyms lost 3 grannys in a row to GU & then went to VTCA & worked their way from NTH B1 up to Sen-Div in 5 years.....their side from back then would beat anyone in Nth B1 convincingly..........:eek:

GU were a seriously good local team in those days who were at least a Senior A standard. Use to bat to at least 9, with all those blokes capable of runs under pressure. Then they had Chuggy and Frewy to bowl, so they wern't easy to score from. Dont remember Dave Madden playing any GF's against us, so wouldn't have thought he was on any payments. Squizzy Taylor was as good (or successful) an opener as Ive seen in local cricket, use to smash us every time. Speak to any of their players from that time and they all say that only Chuggy was on a quid. Thet use to put a good drink on after each premiership as well, were even known to pay a cab fare for poor destitute drunks from opposition clubs trying to drown their sorrows. Think Phil was asleep in the corner lol. If there were more teams as good as GU in those days the WDCA would have been far more enjoyable.

jika jika;375264 said:
GU were a seriously good local team in those days who were at least a Senior A standard. Use to bat to at least 9, with all those blokes capable of runs under pressure. Then they had Chuggy and Frewy to bowl, so they wern't easy to score from. Dont remember Dave Madden playing any GF's against us, so wouldn't have thought he was on any payments. Squizzy Taylor was as good (or successful) an opener as Ive seen in local cricket, use to smash us every time. Speak to any of their players from that time and they all say that only Chuggy was on a quid. Thet use to put a good drink on after each premiership as well, were even known to pay a cab fare for poor destitute drunks from opposition clubs trying to drown their sorrows. Think Phil was asleep in the corner lol. If there were more teams as good as GU in those days the WDCA would have been far more enjoyable.

Hahahaha....very true....;)

ROY G BIV;375169 said:

Werribee favs but AH need to win games like these if they're to avoid the drop, I duuno how they're gonna do this, bowling is rubbish and batting relies on top 3, who made runs last week but still lost comfortably, blokes who have layed 'em this year say : bowlers don't look like getting a 1X1 wicket.

St Albans v Albion

United have beaten craigieburn + a late order partnership saved their blushes against EK, could easliy be 1-2 win:loss ratio.But they should win and have a 3:1 winning start. TJ makes 'em a contender, preccee makes 'em competitive.

Craigieburn v Seddon
Seedon comapred to last year where they finished 2nd last off to a great start, should beat Craigieburn.

7/5.. i remember you saying this week could be the strongest 1X1 side you'll pick thus far, if that's so then i rekon u blokes are in with a massive chance, get a perriera out cheap and break the opening partnership chaep then ur well on ur way that's if u don't collapse with bat ur self have arecent history of losing the winnable games. a couple of weeks ago against Funited a good example of that.

ok my tips..... werribee centrals to win out right and phil to play up..lol sorry had to put that in...
st albans to win out right maybe in a day...
footscray united to just win
craigieburn the same as above
and the last game comes down to who batts today , they will win that match:cool:

ROY G BIV;375169 said:

St Albans v Albion

Craigieburn v Seddon

Wish you hadn't said the part about batting collapse :D we were going along ok at 4/147 then lost 5 for 4

phil crea;374981 said:
not 4 the last 6 grand finals we played and won our payment was a all u can drink at the end of the year open bar hard to beleive when u had a good side like that true fact

I notice S.Parslow didn't play on the w/end Phil. Injury there?

CheeQuee;375584 said:
I notice S.Parslow didn't play on the w/end Phil. Injury there?

lol cant give away secrets but will tell u one we will have the quickest attack this comp as ever seen next game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back