North A and B 09/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
re: North A and B 10/11

CheeQuee;375122 said:
Interesting w/end ahead, Jacana rolled Abers for 80-odd last time out so they'd be pretty confident. Apparently the wicket at Jacana is a bit of a bag of tricks tho...

QUOTE]

spoke to a bloke I know at Aberfeldie and they are filthy on the state of the wicket @ Jacana, the scores suggest there are more than a few issues with the pitch. 18 wickets for 220 on Sat, comments were that balls were bouncing off a good length and hitting people in the head and then off a similar length grubbing along the deck :eek:

seems to have made for a great game however with Jacana needing 6 runs with 2 wickets in hand, you would assume there is a major outright opportunity for both teams this week

He who knows best;375740 said:
CheeQuee;375122 said:
Interesting w/end ahead, Jacana rolled Abers for 80-odd last time out so they'd be pretty confident. Apparently the wicket at Jacana is a bit of a bag of tricks tho...

QUOTE]

spoke to a bloke I know at Aberfeldie and they are filthy on the state of the wicket @ Jacana, the scores suggest there are more than a few issues with the pitch. 18 wickets for 220 on Sat, comments were that balls were bouncing off a good length and hitting people in the head and then off a similar length grubbing along the deck :eek:

seems to have made for a great game however with Jacana needing 6 runs with 2 wickets in hand, you would assume there is a major outright opportunity for both teams this week

Yeah i have heard similar comments about the wicket out there. Definately set up for an outright result, there will sure be some heat in the kitchen from about 1pm - 1.10pm on Saturday anyway!

and to add to the above I was told that the Jacana players didnt warm up to bat at all, with them on a predicted 30 plus degree day only fielding and bowling in their warm up

says plenty about their knowledge of the wicket and it's tricks you assume

Jacana's wicket is always sub standard, they have a great bowling side and a very ordinary batting side so its no wonder they prepare the wicket the way they do. Last season on the double header weekend, the wicket was diabolical on the saturday and a lack of communication between the two curators saw both of them water the wicket for the sunday fixture. When Aber Park turned up on the sunday they were greeted by a soft wicket. Justice prevailed and Aber park won the game, just.

Gunna be handy for sides with Bennet chucking his thunderbolts down on a dodgy deck

phil crea;375617 said:
lol cant give away secrets but will tell u one we will have the quickest attack this comp as ever seen next game

Having played in the WDCA for the years and only the bottom division of VTCA, how would you have any idea of the quickest attack. No idea.

Stick to the coat-tails of your WDCA thug mates.

You cant bat, cant bowl, cant field and will only ever intimidate garden knomes. Cant see you ever scaring anyone with any ability or a heart....

Werribee Centrals...bring it on, cant wait.....

Merv's Sock;375836 said:
Having played in the WDCA for the years and only the bottom division of VTCA, how would you have any idea of the quickest attack. No idea.

Stick to the coat-tails of your WDCA thug mates.

You cant bat, cant bowl, cant field and will only ever intimidate garden knomes. Cant see you ever scaring anyone with any ability or a heart....

Werribee Centrals...bring it on, cant wait.....

silly person what level haveu played as a 15 year old i was playing a grade in the vjca i bet if u ask people it wasnt a shit comp back then ,and by the way my thug mates would be the best western suburds side ever played hands down its hard to win one flag let alone 7 i dont coach to not win flags so u might be surprised at the end of the year

phil crea;375892 said:
silly person what level haveu played as a 15 year old i was playing a grade in the vjca i bet if u ask people it wasnt a shit comp back then ,and by the way my thug mates would be the best western suburds side ever played hands down its hard to win one flag let alone 7 i dont coach to not win flags so u might be surprised at the end of the year

hahaha lucky phil.........:cool:

phil crea;375892 said:

You will finish bottom 2, leave with your pride battered, blame everyone else, and go running back to GU.

Merv's Sock;375961 said:
You will finish bottom 2, leave with your pride battered, blame everyone else, and go running back to GU.

lol yeah 2 last sounds right your cricket knowledge is very good ,u will become a good coach one day

phil crea;375973 said:
lol yeah 2 last sounds right your cricket knowledge is very good ,u will become a good coach one day

Hold on hot shot.

#1 You are coaching Werribee Centrals. If you were rated at all then you would have got the job at your beloved GU. They advertised for the role last year and you were obviously overlooked as they went inhouse, and this year Batties got the gig. Must rate you highly if Batties gets the nod infront of you !!..
#2 You are 8th out of 10 on the ladder, having beaten only Craigieburn.
#3 Your coaching has so far produced less runs than anyone in the division (expt Avondale), 400 runs less than the top side.
#4 Your coaching has taken 15 wickets less than the top side

Have a look thru the posts on here and listen to people in Western Suburbs cricket. Surely when they all have the same opinion of you they cant all be wrong ?

Merv's Sock;376007 said:
Hold on hot shot.

#1 You are coaching Werribee Centrals. If you were rated at all then you would have got the job at your beloved GU. They advertised for the role last year and you were obviously overlooked as they went inhouse, and this year Batties got the gig. Must rate you highly if Batties gets the nod infront of you !!..
#3 Your coaching has so far produced less runs than anyone in the division (expt Avondale), 400 runs less than the top side.

Have a look thru the posts on here and listen to people in Western Suburbs cricket. Surely when they all have the same opinion of you they cant all be wrong ?

Think u may find Centrals have a recruit for next game onwards that has Edrich bowling up hill into the wind. Rumor is he is very sharp, BUT rumors are just that. As for Phil, he was one of the quieter ones when I played against GU, even use to have a laugh on the ground (occasionally) with him. If u spend time with him off the ground he's good fun, but like lots of blokes can get a bit of white line fever.

Merv's Sock;376007 said:
Hold on hot shot.

to be honest i dont rate people who hide behind fake names and when u give a person your word that u will coach i am true to my word so does that answer your question

I remember Craig Davenport (ex St Kilda footy player) chasing me off the ground during a 2ndXI Semi Final against GU back in 1997 in the old SCA.

Eddie Maddern and Darren Jury were OK blokes.

I remember 3 Commensoli brothers.
1 was OK.
1 was out of control.
1 you didn't look at / speak to in fear of your life.

Ahh the good old days..
Miss the SCA.

jika jika;376021 said:
Think u may find Centrals have a recruit for next game onwards that has Edrich bowling up hill into the wind. Rumor is he is very sharp, BUT rumors are just that. As for Phil, he was one of the quieter ones when I played against GU, even use to have a laugh on the ground (occasionally) with him. If u spend time with him off the ground he's good fun, but like lots of blokes can get a bit of white line fever.

The word is out!!!!!

Merv's Sock;376007 said:
Hold on hot shot.

i will let u know at the end of the year what makes u a good coach and u will be suprised u being such a smart bloke

Just would like to say to all the people out there bagging Phil Crea, you all might not rate him as a person or cricketer but think again i will give you all a reality check, he is a great husband and father so you all know shit about him so i would like you all to stop talking shit and deal with your own issues cause it seems to me that you's are all jealous and i really think that you all want to be him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back