North A and B 09/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
re: North A and B 10/11

FatMan_fromthe_Valley;376047 said:
I remember Craig Davenport (ex St Kilda footy player) chasing me off the ground during a 2ndXI Semi Final against GU back in 1997 in the old SCA.
Eddie Maddern and Darren Jury were OK blokes.

I remember 3 Commensoli brothers.
1 was OK.
1 was out of control.
1 you didn't look at / speak to in fear of your life.

Ahh the good old days..
Miss the SCA.

I played with and against Melonhead for a number of years and could only imagine him chasing you off to get a kiss rather than giving you a belting. He was named Melonhead by Slug Jordan during the 1987 Teal Cup. The Slug told him he was too worried about giving the ferret a run rather than getting a kick. I dont think much changed over the years. Cant imagine him playing the tough guy though.

Anyone able to say what happened in the Jacana v Aberfeldie match on the weekend?
Result disputed on VTCA website, but looks like no play took place at all on day 2???

CheeQuee;376792 said:
Anyone able to say what happened in the Jacana v Aberfeldie match on the weekend?
Result disputed on VTCA website, but looks like no play took place at all on day 2???

Only taking a stab, but I'd say it would be to do with the fact that it was the only game not to take place on Saturday - and Abers probably trying to claim 1st innings points over that.

CheeQuee;376792 said:

The Jacana boys put the covers out on thurs night, not realising that they put it over a sprinkler. The curator didnt touch the wicket all week and when he showed up on sat to prepare it, it was soaked an unplayable

Pump;376844 said:
The Jacana boys put the covers out on thurs night, not realising that they put it over a sprinkler. The curator didnt touch the wicket all week and when he showed up on sat to prepare it, it was soaked an unplayable

Sounds like shifty buisness to me...
Curator not touching the wicket all week??????????

That is hilarious - Fair dinkum... They certainly deserve to lose the points on appeal. They constantly underprepare their wickets to give their bowler (note singular reference) every chance to take a bag and they have finally been caught out. They are basically admitting that their curator doesnt do any work on the wicket until Firday... Not good enough.

Some very interesting results over the weekend - Werribee getting outright points, Moonee Valley getting outrighted being the 2 most interesting ones.

BigCoq;376862 said:

Yes, sounds very strange indeed.
Curator rocking up on Saturday morning to 'start' preparing it....

BigCoq;376862 said:

Its been 5 years since I played against Jacana away but wicket without any curating couldn't be worse than what we got that day. We made 72 and never looked like losing, they got 36 or so. Wicket was and going by recent scores is a disgrace, and clubs need to realise they are not going to progress anywhere while they allow shitheaps to be prepared. If preparation is starting Sat morning, points should be given to opposition.

jika jika;376927 said:
its been 5 years since i played against jacana away but wicket without any curating couldn't be worse than what we got that day. We made 72 and never looked like losing, they got 36 or so. Wicket was and going by recent scores is a disgrace, and clubs need to realise they are not going to progress anywhere while they allow shitheaps to be prepared. If preparation is starting sat morning, points should be given to opposition.

you reap what you sow mate !!

tonned up 3 years ago there.....and we batted second...
batted the day...ahahah...
outfield was shin height wicket up and down.... not sure how many 100's been made on that ground...doubt it would be many....

if the curator Usually only gets there on a thursday/friday fair enough....but on a saturday that is outrageous...shock horror I wonder who batted first...??

East Keilor is Playing keilor tonight at east Keilor 5.15PM start.

If you have nothing on come alone. bar and canteen will be open

Blue Division;377035 said:
tonned up 3 years ago there.....and we batted second...
batted the day...ahahah...
outfield was shin height wicket up and down.... not sure how many 100's been made on that ground...doubt it would be many....

if the curator Usually only gets there on a thursday/friday fair enough....but on a saturday that is outrageous...shock horror I wonder who batted first...??

Aber's batted first in this game.

Abers needed 2 wickets to win, Jacana needed 4 runs

7/564;377082 said:
Aber's batted first in this game.

Abers needed 2 wickets to win, Jacana needed 4 runs

word was that the Jacana players never touched a bat in their warmup on a predicted 35 degree day the first week. Bowled and fielded only which the Aberfeldie boys thought was very strange :eek:

supposedly Ingleton (Aberfeldie) won the toss and batted

after a few overs they obviously knew the reason the Jacana lads were not interested in worrying about warming up with the bat :rolleyes:

Merv's Sock;375836 said:
Having played in the WDCA for the years and only the bottom division of VTCA, how would you have any idea of the quickest attack. No idea.

Stick to the coat-tails of your WDCA thug mates.

You cant bat, cant bowl, cant field and will only ever intimidate garden knomes. Cant see you ever scaring anyone with any ability or a heart....

Werribee Centrals...bring it on, cant wait.....
. Hope u can play the game centrals 1 point out of the 4 and at full stregnth this week

10notout;374957 said:
If ur that close to Centrals you would know the players love him ( as a bloke and coach).

Phil has done so much for centrals don't know how u can judge him when u don't play there. Also centrals didn't win a grand final from one player he only took 3 in the grand final and didn't get perrera out also wasn't man of the match. Centrals definatly will not finish last might even surprise a few of u so called experts.

CheeQuee;376792 said:

Any result on the disputed decision as yet ?

He who knows best;377292 said:
Any result on the disputed decision as yet ?

Result: MATCH DRAWN (RESULT DISPUTED) Points: Jacana: 6.09Aberfeldie: 5.73

That's still all that they've got on the VTCA website. Will be interesting to see what happens with that...

G'Day guys - Just wondering where everyone is at with their imports? Those of you that have Sri Lankans coming out, are they still coming or have you pulled the pin?

Very interested to find out whether or not we are still going to be able to get them out here

Cheers

im hearing the imports may be out in a couple of weeks cover drive.

good to see the correct result in the jacana v aberfeldie game with abers
awarded the points.

hopefully jacana realize they may need to take a bit more care with the wicket, hate
to see them miss finals by a couple of points!

punter 18;377433 said:
im hearing the imports may be out in a couple of weeks cover drive.

good to see the correct result in the jacana v aberfeldie game with abers
awarded the points.

hopefully jacana realize they may need to take a bit more care with the wicket, hate
to see them miss finals by a couple of points!

What's the chances of any games this weekend? Does anyone know yet that their ground/wicket won't be ready?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back