North A and B 09/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
re: North A and B 10/11

cutoverslips46;377463 said:
What's the chances of any games this weekend? Does anyone know yet that their ground/wicket won't be ready?

You would hope we play. I much profur 2 day cricket

My bet is covers to bet left off overnight and any rain tonight it will be called off.

I could be wrong won't be the first time or last but just my gut feel on it.

We play Avondale this week.. drove down at 6 to have a looksie, no work done on the wicket besides the roller sitting next to it. Dove past again at 8, covers are down.

Our wicket will be ready to go and its softer on the top than theirs and is fully prepared. If there is no rain overnight it will be a belter again.

Any news on anyone elses wickets?

beached as;377516 said:
We play Avondale this week.. drove down at 6 to have a looksie, no work done on the wicket besides the roller sitting next to it. Dove past again at 8, covers are down.

Our wicket will be ready to go and its softer on the top than theirs and is fully prepared. If there is no rain overnight it will be a belter again.

Any news on anyone elses wickets?
Yeah went down to the club to have a hit in the nets, had a look at the ground and saw that the wicket hadn't been fully down cut yet. Left at 6 and still no one, maybe they worked on it later on.

Thank god we got a start.

Results from this round suggest Kingsville march there way up the ladder as both Abers teams have there backs to the wall.

Kingy must be the BP's of the comp without fan fare and an unsuccessfull stint in the churches comp not even making the final the boys are back.
The boys are on fire and havent missed a beat even if the top fails then the tail wags good team spirit and belief are the unquantifiables in team performances not outstanding FIGJAM efforts of one or two.
Fly the flag for Claude & Gooky....

BigCoq;377644 said:
Thank god we got a start.

Results from this round suggest Kingsville march there way up the ladder as both Abers teams have there backs to the wall.

Kingy must be the BP's of the comp without fan fare and an unsuccessfull stint in the churches comp not even making the final the boys are back.
The boys are on fire and havent missed a beat even if the top fails then the tail wags good team spirit and belief are the unquantifiables in team performances not outstanding FIGJAM efforts of one or two.
Fly the flag for Claude & Gooky....

oh no, not another person crowing about their team prior to actually winning a game

wasnt it Nyhus from Aberfeldie doing that last season and they lost :eek:

best to shut up, say nothing at this stage and then go for it once you win

He who knows best;377691 said:
oh no, not another person crowing about their team prior to actually winning a game

wasnt it Nyhus from Aberfeldie doing that last season and they lost :eek:

best to shut up, say nothing at this stage and then go for it once you win

uneducated responce there know all im not from Kingy just stating what a major turn around they have had.
If u cant work out were im from u know f@#ck all!!!!

I think you fill find that Kingy Bapts have had a rather generous start to the season big cog having only played one side (aber park) which resulted in a heavy loss. If you have a look at there run home after xmas, things get alot tougher for them.

Still think the results are up in the air for this week, Aber Park and Jacana always fight out close games and expect Abers to bowl well and place plenty of pressure on Flemington's sometimes brittle batting. There top score for the year is 160.

Kingy Bapts should roll Seabrook and i assume St Andrews still have 20 overs to face before your lads get a hit. Lets hope for some nice weather during the week and a close round of cricket for all.

punter 18;377757 said:
I think you fill find that Kingy Bapts have had a rather generous start to the season big cog having only played one side (aber park) which resulted in a heavy loss. If you have a look at there run home after xmas, things get alot tougher for them.

Still think the results are up in the air for this week, Aber Park and Jacana always fight out close games and expect Abers to bowl well and place plenty of pressure on Flemington's sometimes brittle batting. There top score for the year is 160.

Kingy Bapts should roll Seabrook and i assume St Andrews still have 20 overs to face before your lads get a hit. Lets hope for some nice weather during the week and a close round of cricket for all.

Yeah Aber Park v jacana should go down to the wire there with an outright result possible on day 2.

Abers & Flemington could be another thriller, the weather might play a big part again next week.

beached as;378991 said:
Could anybody shed some light on the Werribee vs Taylors Lakes game? I heard it was a short game.

Taylors lakes captain walked off the ground after 7 overs scared of defeat I think don't think his players were with him

twenty 20;379008 said:
Taylors lakes captain walked off the ground after 7 overs scared of defeat I think don't think his players were with him

Can you elaborate further on that??? Jones plays the game pretty hard, how and why would he walk off the ground??

Canary Yellow;379012 said:
Can you elaborate further on that??? Jones plays the game pretty hard, how and why would he walk off the ground??

Well he didn't play the game hard today couldn't of got in his car quick enough obvously new it wasn't going to be his day

twenty 20;379013 said:
Well he didn't play the game hard today couldn't of got in his car quick enough obvously new it wasn't going to be his day

What happened though, why would he have done that, what was the game situation. I admit he does play the game hard but can also be a massive sook. I remember playing him about 8 years ago on a deck that he didnt like and he did get in his car and shoot off early.

Canary Yellow;379014 said:
What happened though, why would he have done that, what was the game situation. I admit he does play the game hard but can also be a massive sook. I remember playing him about 8 years ago on a deck that he didnt like and he did get in his car and shoot off early.

He had an altercation with another player off the field the umpire sorted the matter then he demanded his team mates to walk off the ground and they did don't think his team mates were to happy at the end of the day u just want a game of cricket

twenty 20;379015 said:
He had an altercation with another player off the field the umpire sorted the matter then he demanded his team mates to walk off the ground and they did don't think his team mates were to happy at the end of the day u just want a game of cricket

Yeah c'mon 20/20 You no more about this so called altercation Let me guess" Youse were trying to play your so called hard cricket, when a decision did not go your way so the BIG SOOK who went out got upset and tried to belt player Jones" Big Tough weak Dog Parslow. Threre you go so stop beating around the Bush. 20/20 if that is your Real Name

twenty 20;379013 said:

mate there was more than jones running in his car. don't hide the real story

twenty 20;379015 said:

the word is out that few of their players are heading out for tribunal on tuesday.

looks like few weeks for couple of players at weribee!!!!!!!

Fair enough. Lets wait til the tribunal hearing before we say anything else lads.

Moonee Valley. Won outright, lost outright, won outright... like to knoq peoples thoughts on them and their chances of winning the big one?

Having been a spectator at the match in question, iam still amazed at how pathetic it was to see a side walk off a ground following a situation created by one of their own from what could be seen at the other end of the ground.
The captain of this side seems to have turned up looking for a reason not to play and found it, instantly walking from the ground and his player following like a bunch of sheep. The Umpire at the ground handled it and that should have been it game continue.
I have never seen anything like it before and hope i never do see it again. maybe the taylor lakes players might grow a pair and remind their captain that they are there to and want to play a game of cricket.

:confused::confused::confused::confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back