North A and B 09/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
re: North A and B 10/11

softcricketer;379076 said:
the word is out that few of their players are heading out for tribunal on tuesday.

looks like few weeks for couple of players at weribee!!!!!!!

How can it be a few werribee players missing games when it was between 2 individuals one from werribee one from taylors lakes

1St Time Spectator;379091 said:
Having been a spectator at the match in question, iam still amazed at how pathetic it was to see a side walk off a ground following a situation created by one of their own from what could be seen at the other end of the ground.
The captain of this side seems to have turned up looking for a reason not to play and found it, instantly walking from the ground and his player following like a bunch of sheep. The Umpire at the ground handled it and that should have been it game continue.
I have never seen anything like it before and hope i never do see it again. maybe the taylor lakes players might grow a pair and remind their captain that they are there to and want to play a game of cricket.

:confused::confused::confused::confused:

i would like to say to the taylors lake 2s today well done on showing some character today u have a good bunch of your guys and to my boys also well done on playing the game in good sprit ,today both clubs showed we are there to have a game of cricket

I notice also Phil Crea was in at the time the game came to it's abrupt conclusion. Couldn't think of a better person to be on the spot to diffuse any potentially hostile situation. I expect nothing less than a few calming words imparted - although the equally level-headed Mr Jones seems not to have heeded any of this advice.

We can only trust our more experienced campaigners to sort out their issues in a mature and adult fashion in order to keep the interity of the game intact.

you lot really make me laugh must be great giggles watching all the posturing and handbag waving that goes on at aussie club cricket

Sober Symonds;379142 said:
I notice also Phil Crea was in at the time the game came to it's abrupt conclusion. Couldn't think of a better person to be on the spot to diffuse any potentially hostile situation. I expect nothing less than a few calming words imparted - although the equally level-headed Mr Jones seems not to have heeded any of this advice.

We can only trust our more experienced campaigners to sort out their issues in a mature and adult fashion in order to keep the interity of the game intact.

i couldnt agree more we are all there to play the game we love, not to mention when u have a umpire who handled it well, and to see a side go home is a very sad day 4 cricket ,we has cricketers need to make sure we never see this again, because this could cause a lot of sides to walk off ,i am sure the leaugue wont let this happen

phil crea;379130 said:
i would like to say to the taylors lake 2s today well done on showing some character today u have a good bunch of your guys and to my boys also well done on playing the game in good sprit ,today both clubs showed we are there to have a game of cricket

so what happens now with points in that game ? crea's crew may miss out on points because the other side walked off..

was there any reports from the game ?

I would think the VTCA will act swiftly on this matter and so they should, WC have had their issues and a new club in the comp. like Taylors Lakes need to know they don't need to get involved in these type of incidents.

phil crea;379198 said:
i couldnt agree more we are all there to play the game we love, not to mention when u have a umpire who handled it well,
and to see a side go home is a very sad day 4 cricket ,we has cricketers need to make sure we never see this again, because this could cause a lot of sides to walk off ,i am sure the leaugue wont let this happen

and what would you have done if one of your team mates copped a punch????

fredbassett;379273 said:

Ist of all it wasn't a punch more like a shove and I don't think the right thing to do was to go home when the umpire had sorted the situation.

fredbassett;379273 said:

are we talking about the same bloke who threated a kid from avondale that he will take him behind the clubrooms and punch him out true fact

phil crea;379309 said:
are we talking about the same bloke who threated a kid from avondale that he will take him behind the clubrooms and punch him out true fact

How many players have you threatened this year Phil? I wouldn't be throwing massive stones if i lived in a glass mansion.

So after reading all the posts, I assume there was some sort of "altercation" between a Taylors Lakes fieldsman and a werribee supporter that seems to have turned physical (to a degree) and as a result, Jones led his team off the field? I gather these are the facts and the rest depends on your point of view!!

If that is the case then I hope werribee get suitably punished. Saying the umpire had sorted it out means nothing. It's not the umpires job to control supporters at the ground. It is the job of the club they support, usually the home team. If they can't do that, then kick them out of the league.

It's bad enough to be playing a game of park cricket and have some drunks on the sidelines abusing you all day. It's happened to all of us. But once it get's physical, that's a whole different ball game. And it's no suprise this comes from a club that i have already posted other teams having problems with. Grand United eventually got kicked out for their behaviour and it seems werribee may be heading down the same path.......

He was not a werribee support he was a player that was sooking about being given out!!
IntoThe Wind;379338 said:
So after reading all the posts, I assume there was some sort of "altercation" between a Taylors Lakes fieldsman and a werribee supporter that seems to have turned physical (to a degree) and as a result, Jones led his team off the field? I gather these are the facts and the rest depends on your point of view!!

If that is the case then I hope werribee get suitably punished. Saying the umpire had sorted it out means nothing. It's not the umpires job to control supporters at the ground. It is the job of the club they support, usually the home team. If they can't do that, then kick them out of the league.

It's bad enough to be playing a game of park cricket and have some drunks on the sidelines abusing you all day. It's happened to all of us. But once it get's physical, that's a whole different ball game. And it's no suprise this comes from a club that i have already posted other teams having problems with. Grand United eventually got kicked out for their behaviour and it seems werribee may be heading down the same path.......

just cricket;379340 said:
he was not a werribee supporter he was a player!!!

Well from what i have read here, these are my thoughts:

If the person who threw d first punch/shove or what have you, was a werribee player then it's all quite simple for VTCA. Make an example of WC & send a clear message that certain type of things are unacceptable in this comp.

I am no G Jones supporter, some one mentioned throwing stones in Glass houses, well if Jones did something to deserve that treatment is not an issue here, (playing against ceratin blokes u feel like giving 'em one but that's a piss weak act, beat 'em on a cricket field with ur skill and verbal him as much as u like, in my time playing i have never seen anyone win a verbal from a badly beaten crciket side, best way to shut ppl up in this game, u wanna fight join a boxing gym)the problem is a club (according to many here) which is forging a bit of a reputation form NTH B last year of bad behaviour, which they say is encouraged by senior follks @ the club. Beacaue of this recent history VTCA should act harshly. My opinion, suspend the WC player for 4-6 games and award points to TLakes, also place a supended points pentaly on WC so if they behave badly again take all the points away from them.

just cricket;379340 said:
he was not a werribee supporter he was a player!!!

cmon into the wind , so what is the umpires job, handled it well gave both blokes red card, so lets not have umpires lol,never in my 30 years off cricket have i seen a side go home ,lets call all games off when things arent going right ; i am sure the leaugue will handle this in the manner just like our club did and suspended the player in question,

ROY G BIV;379344 said:
Well from what i have read here, these are my thoughts:

If the person who threw d first punch/shove or what have you, was a werribee player then it's all quite simple for VTCA. Make an example of WC & send a clear message that certain type of things are unacceptable in this comp.

I am no G Jones supporter, some one mentioned throwing stones in Glass houses, well if Jones did something to deserve that treatment is not an issue here, (playing against ceratin blokes u feel like giving 'em one but that's a piss weak act, beat 'em on a cricket field with ur skill and verbal him as much as u like, in my time playing i have never seen anyone win a verbal from a badly beaten crciket side, best way to shut ppl up in this game, u wanna fight join a boxing gym)the problem is a club (according to many here) which is forging a bit of a reputation form NTH B last year of bad behaviour, which they say is encouraged by senior follks @ the club. Beacaue of this recent history VTCA should act harshly. My opinion, suspend the WC player for 4-6 games and award points to TLakes, also place a supended points pentaly on WC so if they behave badly again take all the points away from them.

the leaugue will handle it ,4 u to say taylors lakes should get the points is a joke

phil crea;379345 said:
cmon into the wind , so what is the umpires job, handled it well gave both blokes red card, so lets not have umpires lol,never in my 30 years off cricket have i seen a side go home ,lets call all games off when things arent going right ; i am sure the leaugue will handle this in the manner just like our club did and suspended the player in question,

the leaugue will handle it ,4 u to say taylors lakes should get the points is a joke

Did the captain from W/C get reported as well?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back