North A and B 09/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
re: North A and B 10/11

ROY G BIV;384955 said:
mate have u seen westmeadows full strenght side this year, no wonder they are with are a massive show in that grade, put M Butera in that side + a couple of other quality gets and there's your good side.

Admittedly last year they were OK not a gun side but better than most, with a liitle more luck would have made finals 3/4th possie at best. Had no luck last year.

In the new VTCA If as a club you wanna play half decent local cricket NTH A is the place to be. If you wanna mix it with the big spenders Sen Division is your go.

NTH A1 is for clubs to lick their wounds and remember the good old days and NTH B is back to school and start again i am afraid. Over time the off field strength of your club determines where you play.

That's why i said last season. Westy were a talented side but lost games they should of won. Good luck to them for this year i hope they go close... Fair enough to say that the there are a couple of sides in Nth A that aren't ready yet but they'll be the better for it. With the changes to the divisions the first few years were always going to be like that. Any tips for this round....

Hey boys i play for the roosters just gota say ive really enjoyed playin against all the clubs this year in our new comp its been a good challenge, pitty are imports had to go home for county duties and injuries have hurt us a bit but its been awesome. Hopefully we can knock off a few before the season end.

Pump;385008 said:
Some very interesting results over the w/e. After talking to a few of the abers boys they r pretty disappointed in sat results. Especially considering a leg side stumping given not out. From all reports G Semerzidis still falling fwd when bails whipped off at a very important stage of the game (made 19 no won by 5 runs) What do u guys think about when u r at square leg? If they r out give them no matter wat the situation?

Sounds like that was a fair game then

Abers have been in some very close one's this year haven't they

The match was 2nd vs 4th wasn't it, for that reason only there should have been 2 umps

He who knows best;385854 said:
Some interesting results in Nth B

Kingsville implode against Flemington, all out 113 and Flemington 1/57

having lost to Jacana in the previous one day game and winning by a very small margin against Abers are they starting to choke ? as predicted on here they are very thin talent wise and when a couple of their better players struggle they can be shown up

Abers and Aber Park both set decent targets in the finish but appeared to both be in some trouble with Aber Park 7/118 and Abers 8/140 at various stages, sign of decent sides when their bottom orders get them up to 240 and 200 respectively in the end though

Seabrook 2/20 chasing Abers so another close one on the agenda there, while the Roosters need 225 on a quick ground...very gettable if they bat the overs

Jacana seems home against St Andrews

If Abers beat Seabrook then you would think the top 4 is settled based on the current points with only the make up of the Top 4 being left to settle

End of season prediction

Aber Park
Jacana
Abers
Kingsville Baptists (just getting there from Flemington who storm home)

Couldn't agree anymore,Kingy baps rely on 2 players Levic and Kwhaja. They cant win you games every week. Wouldn't be surprised if they miss out . Good chance it will be Aber park Vs Kingy baps semi final at AP and Jacana Vs Abers at Jacana which would be a great match . Jacana need to play home an get all they can out of there shocking track to make the grand final.

Its crunch time;385018 said:
Thats why we need 2 umpires! There's always dodgy decisions that's cricket, dont really rate Abers no really dangerous players. Best bat Nyhus and he hasnt set the world on fire

Abers have had a few things happen recently which I believe changes their season around after speaking to my contact down there

young up and comer Hickmott has returned from District Cricket and got 5 wickets against Kingsville
Berzins their best bat from Nth A last season has returned from not playing before Xmas and made 50 odd against Altona
Ingleton has started to get runs as has Nyhus who both made decent scores against Altona

combined the above with their already decent bowling line up with Shanahan and Leece they are very dangerous

note they are the only team to beat Aber Park this year as well so far

latecut99;385863 said:
Hey boys i play for the roosters just gota say ive really enjoyed playin against all the clubs this year in our new comp its been a good challenge, pitty are imports had to go home for county duties and injuries have hurt us a bit but its been awesome. Hopefully we can knock off a few before the season end.

Which teams do you rate latecut ?

Pump;385008 said:
Some very interesting results over the w/e. After talking to a few of the abers boys they r pretty disappointed in sat results. Especially considering a leg side stumping given not out. From all reports G Semerzidis still falling fwd when bails whipped off at a very important stage of the game (made 19 no won by 5 runs) What do u guys think about when u r at square leg? If they r out give them no matter wat the situation?

Happens every game, nothing you can do about it though. Unless the comp provides 2 umps it isn't going to change. The only way you get a decision to go your way is to have the batsman stranded mid pitch & u might be a chance. In games i've played in if the team batting first is honest the other team usually is as well. But if there's a couple of close ones given not out there's going to be drama. Unfortunate but it happens...heard on the weekend most Nth A1 games had one ump & a couple of Nth B games had 2 - how does that work???

i think all the teams have great ability, look we played flemington earlier in the year and shouldve flogged them but to there credit they got up, i didnt rate them but there playin some fantastic cricket now, same with seabrook and the top four are all good. the best thing about this grade to start in is we're mid table and on our day we can beat anyone and the same for all teams. aber park have a good alround side but rely alot on there opening bowlers, abers have good batting side and i think jacana have the best attack even though there opener does have a elbow problem. gonna be a tight final. i think aber park vs kingy and jacana vs abers. ill go a roughy and say abers to beat aber park in the granny but should be a great match. ive played in this comp with altona north earlier in my career and i now like the point system and the relagtaion it keeps it interesting. how many in each grade go up and down at seasons end? is it both grandfinalists or just the winner? the good thing is we'll all get to play at different grounds again and new teams next year. just wanna see my club grow, hopefully we'll have turf on our actual ground next year to go with our awesome new clubrooms. go roosters have a good one.

Moonee Valley's Square leg embarrassed himself and had to leave the field. He did the team thing though and assisted in getting a win. A shame for the club that prides themselves of having the most members in Australia. Anyway we had them on the ropes and could nt finished the job.

The stats for MV don't lie, they have four bats (72% of the team total runs) and the four all hit the ball in AIR. No surprise, they went out again, caught.

shhhhhhhhhhh;385184 said:
uncle i once played at moonee valley and know a few of the boys, after reading your post i rang one of them and it seems that avondales coach was acting like a bit of a clown all day from the side lines.. is that true

I saw Side SHow Bob but no clown.

There was a gun bat referring to win loss ratio and called us losers just off his teamate at square leg felt it was necessary to assist his team achieve victory.

Hard coaching a young team and not actualy playing. If giving the team support from the boundary trying to get to follow a plan and then getting them over the embarassing decison made by square leg then yes the coach was a clown.

uncle windows...id be pretty confident in saying most batsmen in this level of cricket hit balls in the air.. You make it sound like a crime! And if you do the 'sums' for most teams i reckon you would find that the top 4 batsman SHOULD be providing the majority of their teams runs. Thats why they are batting in the top 4. Its a nothing stat. Its like saying that our top 4 bowlers have taken most of our wickets! The figure of 72% of our runs have been made by our top 4 batsmen also tells me that all four are approaching finals with form. Id be much more concerned if they had made only 42 or 52% of the sides total runs. Basically they are doing their job. What it also shows uncle is that nearly 3 out of every 10 runs is being made by our lower and tail end players. So i suppose being 7 for 60 chasing 110 and getting them against your mob highlights that beautifully.

sambo;385166 said:
thanks for your reply uncle.. Yes your plan worked well.. We did make 320 last time but remember that our player that made 165 did not play this time round. He should be back game after next. Also remember that whilst your plan to catch out our top 4 bats might have worked, your total of 100 was not enough and as most good teams should do, we did enough to win. Its silly to think that coz a side is on top that they will dominate every session of every match. Your team had a very good 10 to 15 over period where we were poor.thats cricket uncle... We ended up with the win though and trust me all the boys know where they went wrong.. As for the square leg incident i dont know anything about it or have been told anything either. But whilst making no excuses ive seen plenty of 'incidents' in 24 years of cricket unfortunately. Always going to happen when there is only 1 umpire mate..

Did you all go out caught again this week, There is at 6 catches taken by TL

your are a smart man!

Goods bats hit the ball along the ground. We had plan for your top bats and it worked. You made 320 last we played. We are side that has not won a game and our team is inexperienced, your team relies on four bats that can be dismissed easliy.

thanks for taking a keen interest in our club uncle... Looking up stats... Formulating plans.... Must mean we are generally doing ok.. Umm sorry champ but who are you with again?? How did you go on the weekend??

Uncle Windows;385922 said:

There was a gun bat referring to win loss ratio and called us losers just off his teamate at square leg felt it was necessary to assist his team achieve victory.

Hard coaching a young team and not actualy playing. If giving the team support from the boundary trying to get to follow a plan and then getting them over the embarassing decison made by square leg then yes the coach was a clown.

come n windows gun bat plz?

on ur team u must be disappointed with ur senior bats they have done nothing all year. u blokes needed them to step up and convert those 20,s and 30's of years gone by into 50's 100's. a couple i see can't buy a run.
if raj from mvalley can get runs surely they can?

from far looks like a long slog in nth b 4 ur club.

thanks for your reply uncle.. Yes your plan worked well.. We did make 320 last time but remember that our player that made 165 did not play this time round. He should be back game after next. Also remember that whilst your plan to catch out our top 4 bats might have worked, your total of 100 was not enough and as most good teams should do, we did enough to win. Its silly to think that coz a side is on top that they will dominate every session of every match. Your team had a very good 10 to 15 over period where we were poor.thats cricket uncle... We ended up with the win though and trust me all the boys know where they went wrong.. As for the square leg incident i dont know anything about it or have been told anything either. But whilst making no excuses ive seen plenty of 'incidents' in 24 years of cricket unfortunately. Always going to happen when there is only 1 umpire mate..

I wouldn't worry too much about the square leg. I did not see/hear about the incident, but I am sure every cricketer at our level has a square leg story! Most blokes are good sports and try and be fair but, to be honest, most would rather be considered a cheat by the opposition, than give a team mate out. Just how it goes. Luckily 2 umpires in finals.

And as for your comment regarding your batsman coming back, I am pretty sure D Roach has played his last game for MV! Would be shocked if he played another game and if he did, it would not be for the right reasons.

Uncle Windows;385158 said:
your are a smart man!

Goods bats hit the ball along the ground. We had plan for your top bats and it worked. You made 320 last we played. We are side that has not won a game and our team is inexperienced, your team relies on four bats that can be dismissed easliy.

Windows a man with the plan?
blob from 8 games don't tell me that was your plan Windows.

Couldn't afford atleast 1 pro/experienced palyer, even craigeburn has portou.

Any plans for NTH B next season how many of the current crop will still be there , clubs always lose a few when they go down a grade.

Uncle Windows;385159 said:
Sambo, I take you have no comment about you team mate embarassing himself.

uncle i once played at moonee valley and know a few of the boys, after reading your post i rang one of them and it seems that avondales coach was acting like a bit of a clown all day from the side lines.. is that true

hear what your saying 'into the wind'... Fact is tho mate there are probably 100 blokes running around the vtca 'for the wrong reasons'... Its just the way things are these days hey...

Uncle Windows;385922 said:

hey uncle heard your clown of a coach opened the bowling on the weekend....got hit around a bit.?...

Its crunch time;384963 said:
Jacana can bowl very well but struggle with the bat there skipper and 1 other fella can bat ok. Aberfeldie dont have any real guns . An yes from what ive heard Avondale should get relegated and Craieburn should of never went up who are they kidding??? they only finished 4th last year.

To all the people picking on Craigieburn, I think you will find that most sides that have played against them think they are a nice bunch of guys. Yes they have struggled this year yet dont be surprised in a couple of weeks when they play Albion and Avondale Heights and win them both that they will not get relegated. Not to bad for a team that has blooded over 8 under 16 players and a under 14 player.

valley man;386256 said:
hey uncle heard your clown of a coach opened the bowling on the weekend....got hit around a bit.?...

Hey Valley Man

What happened to David Roach? Hasn't played since Xmas, Is he injured or has he left the club(if so what happened, can't imagine it would've been on good terms)? From the results since he left looks like he's left a big hole in that team.

I have to agree with Sambo everyone hits the ball in the air from time to time even the gun bat's. If you go through the best bats in the comp im sure most do, but Raj from M.V an Yoshi usually keep it on the carpet. And ok there 4 bats have made most there runs but so what if you've got 4 gun bats that's probably enough to get you into the finals. I hear M.V rely on on only a few bat's but if you dont get them out cheaply good chance you wont win.

david informed club game before xmas that he was retiring from playing cricket. He wanted to spend more time coaching his young fella..last week we were advised he played last 2 games with lara c.c. This was done without clearance so we are in process of investigating. Dave retired on good terms so we were suprised with what followed..

Its crunch time;385200 said:
I have to agree with Sambo everyone hits the ball in the air from time to time even the gun bat's. If you go through the best bats in the comp im sure most do, but Raj from M.V an Yoshi usually keep it on the carpet. And ok there 4 bats have made most there runs but so what if you've got 4 gun bats that's probably enough to get you into the finals. I hear M.V rely on on only a few bat's but if you dont get them out cheaply good chance you wont win.

Mate i would love to buy some land from u blokes.
you call these battlers gun bats???
terms like gun + champions are so freely used nowadays they've lost all meaning. Raj is an OK bat having a good season, pererra is more talented and probably should be doing more at this level than he is. from what i have seen of Raj he's most productive shot is hitting across the line to on side fence or over the top to any pitched up delivery need plenty of luck and some very oridinary bowlers to get away with that...but credit where credit is due he's one of the reasons MV are on top. So well done fella but plz go easy on gun/champ tags.

sambo;386276 said:
david informed club game before xmas that he was retiring from playing cricket. He wanted to spend more time coaching his young fella..last week we were advised he played last 2 games with lara c.c. This was done without clearance so we are in process of investigating. Dave retired on good terms so we were suprised with what followed..

What a load of rot, the whole competition knew he left to play for Lara. Retired from the game, WHATEVER. Spare me my reading time on rot

I said even the gun bat's hit the ball in the air . I didnt say the 4 M.V batter's are gun's. But Yoshi yes is a proven gun made 652 last year you dont just fluke that. Raj probably going to make 500 + better then a good season.And ive seen probably 6 oof his knock's and certainly isn't a cross batter he has 1 of the better technique's going around. Very handy player id love to have him in my side anyday. Top bloke to

Canary Yellow;386286 said:
What a load of rot, the whole competition knew he left to play for Lara. Retired from the game, WHATEVER. Spare me my reading time on rot

Well it is a big ask to drive down over an hour from Lara every week !!!! Plus he has a son he wants to spend more time with which is fair enough.

Its crunch time;385200 said:

i thought that's where u referred to 'em as gun bats?

anyhow Raj is having a terrific season with the bat and good on him.
nothing against the bloke (don't know him) just a personal observation playing against him.
He's certainly out performing most other blokes in NTH A1 this season.

OnTheLookout;383070 said:
Any truth in the rumour Roachy has left Moonee Valley and is playing out the season somewhere closer to home ??? If so, the premiership betting market in North A might need to be tweeked...

Retired ? I posted on here 4th JAn he was playing closer to home..... hmmmmm

Its crunch time;386321 said:
Well it is a big ask to drive down over an hour from Lara every week !!!! Plus he has a son he wants to spend more time with which is fair enough.

For the coin he was getting it was worth the drive...

2time;385070 said:
That's why i said last season. Westy were a talented side but lost games they should of won. Good luck to them for this year i hope they go close... Fair enough to say that the there are a couple of sides in Nth A that aren't ready yet but they'll be the better for it. With the changes to the divisions the first few years were always going to be like that. Any tips for this round....

East Keilor v Werribee Centrals

Match of the round.
Way better bowling attack WC, EK has more batting depth.
WC should win.
I like WC chances this season, but for mine they need to win this
convincingly to give me more confidence in their flag tilt this year.
right now for the top billing they are grouped together with a few sides.

EK has batting depth for mine but are relying too much on the pom and J bell.
Other blokes in the middle and even late order batters need to give more, they are capable
but time to produce or fininsh outta top 4.

Seddon v Avondale Heights

AH could notch up their 1st win, should’ve won against Albion + MValley the
Last 2 games so 3rd time lucky I reckon. Seddon need major on board, seddon will go into this game as
Favourites. Avondale has the longest tail in the comp when it comes to batting , I reckon it start after no: 4. Difficult to tip ‘em knowing that but I think their couple of senior batters are due.

Albion v Footscray United

Albion has been Foot united’s bogey club, have dished out some thumping loses to Funited in their time.
Even last year when albion was down the bottom they knocked off Funited easy. Bt despite all that I find it difficult to tip ‘em. FUnited to win in a danger games for them. old timer-opening bowler keeps going like an energizer bunny + they have a good batting depth alot of blokes down ot no: 9 can chip in with 30's + preece + jeffrey add some class.

Forget all that i am changing my tip Albion in an Upset.

Craigieburn v St Albans

St Albans Outright. unless portou slogs a hundred.

Moonee Valley v Taylors Lakes

Good game.
If taylors lakes had a better bowling attack they would win easy.
But since that is not the case I tip ‘em in a close one.

TLakes Very solid batters Markham + g gones good contributors this season.

MValley credentials not convinced about them still.

gotta love some of the responses you get on this site! :) as the bloke that recruited roach to our club, you would think id be more qualified than anyone in reporting the facts.. So here we go again. Roach called skipper after last game before xmas and informed him he was retiring. His reasons were lack of desire and also wanted to spend time coaching his young fella. In the numerous conversations with him from that point he stressed that he had no interest in playing with lara. We are not stupid, we had heard the rumours so we just waited. Then we saw that he had played. So in regards to canaryyellow saying what 'rot' i was just reporting what roachy told us. Not what we believed.. And like i said in previous post we are now looking into what our options are. In vtca you cant come into comp mid season without a clearance from previous club.. Not sure about GCA though.. Awaiting their reply. If he can then so be it. If not we will discuss next point of action...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back