North A and B 09/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
re: North A and B 10/11

canary yellow;390109 said:
phil, surely you are taking yourself too seriously. You do not from what i have seen this year have any young kids with enough ability to head to footscray and play anything higher than 3rds cricket. To me that is just a waste of time and as mentioned, not one kid you have has the ability to be taken seriously down there.

Now you say you have just signed a 4 year deal. Won't that take you to your 69th birthday? I have kept quiet on here for a fair while and you keep saying you wait until finals until phil crea does something. Lets hope for your sake its 22 degrees or less because when we played earlier in the year you were out of petrol tickets by the time you were 4 runs. Lets hope for werribee's sake you actually play a shot in the finals.

lol

He who knows best;390487 said:
Abers weak attack ? thats their major asset so not sure your right there

rolled the Roosters for 95 & 127 on the weekend
rolled Kingy Baps for 125
rolled Seabrook for 131
prior to that Roosters 9/128, K Baps 8/105, SBrook 142

looking back through the scores it appears only once all year that they've been hit for a score by Aber Park with 233 and a 2nd innings 2/159 in the same game

if there's a weakness it's their batting for sure which is as brittle as a violet crumble when the pressure is on, has been for years now

With no gun batting line up's besides A.P its not a massive mission knocking over teams for under 150! At best there bowlers are steady. Not 1 gun quick and there best bowler is Shannahan which is simply just a smart spinner nothing to boast about. Im sure not many or any team's have posted 200+ against Jacana or A.P

Sardi93 dont bother leaving pointless posts i.e) lol it doesnt contribute to this forum just like phil crea doesnt contribute to the runs total at werribee centrals

Its crunch time;390489 said:
With no gun batting line up's besides A.P its not a massive mission knocking over teams for under 150! At best there bowlers are steady. Not 1 gun quick and there best bowler is Shannahan which is simply just a smart spinner nothing to boast about. Im sure not many or any team's have posted 200+ against Jacana or A.P

some of those sides e.g Seabrook and KP are not easybeats with the bat

stats suggest Abers 2 med quicks are going ok Cahir 23 @ 12 and Leece 22 @ 11

looking further at the stats some interesting one's jump out at you

Jacana took the most wickets in the H&A with 139 - suggest their deck had something to do with that
Abers the 2nd most, followed by Aber Park
Alt Rooster took more than KP

Abers (131) lost the most wickets by a fair way with Alt Roosters (126) the 2nd most
Jacana have only lost 102 wickets however which was the 2nd owest in the grade

Fariq;390334 said:
Sardi93 dont bother leaving pointless posts i.e) lol it doesnt contribute to this forum just like phil crea doesnt contribute to the runs total at werribee centrals

Cause that contributes so much to the forum. Sorry but all i can think of to reply to that is "lol",. How do you contribute to the VTCA north a1 and a2 forum?

He who knows best;390490 said:
some of those sides e.g Seabrook and KP are not easybeats with the bat

stats suggest Abers 2 med quicks are going ok Cahir 23 @ 12 and Leece 22 @ 11

Good averages yes, but yet if you havent taken 30 wickets for a season as an opening bowler you havent had a very good season. Faced both Leece bowls ok Cahir all over the shop . Shannahan there best bowler

koh phi phi 3;390275 said:
my tips for semis...moonee valley v footscray united..mv should be full of confidence after touching up fu in last round. Good hit out with less recognised bats amongst runs. Pridham(25 wickets) and possibly felmingham (early season century maker) to come back in. Fu need skipper and preece to make plenty. My tip mv. Werribee centrals v st albans. Both will rely heavily on bowling stocks. Whoever posts 180 plus will win. My tip st albans. But will be a ripper.

Pretty good call this. I wouldn't discount St Albans batting all together though. Jones and Montebello have had pretty fair seasons with the willow.
Can not beleive the way some people are writing off Mooney Valley though.
Been the form side all year and will be hard to toss. Funny things happen in finals, but they do deserve some respect.

just saw this on the VTCA site, anyone able to shed light ?

Season 2009/10
Round 13
Anthony Riggio
Aberfeldie Park
4a
2 match ban
Fully suspended until end 2010/11

Round 13
Matt Albers
Aberfeldie Park
Dismissed

parkcricketer;390423 said:
Pretty good call this. I wouldn't discount St Albans batting all together though. Jones and Montebello have had pretty fair seasons with the willow.
Can not beleive the way some people are writing off Mooney Valley though.
Been the form side all year and will be hard to toss. Funny things happen in finals, but they do deserve some respect.

I agree Pan_ _

riggio got reported for 'abuse of equipment' against us after being bowled, threw his helmet and stuff. No idea why albers was up. Don't think he did anything wrong that game, maaybe because riggio was up?

The finals have finally arrived people and it is time for those involved to put up or shut up - especially a certain club in A1...

My tips - The Valley to get over a very tough FU. They have hardly put a foot wrong in their 1st year up and i really hope they get ther just deserts and win

I reckon Centrals in a very low scoring affair - could even be a second innings result

In B1, I am going to tip an upset - Abers to knock off Jacana at Jacana; If i were from Abers, after all the dramas at Jacana this year, i would have potentially asked the VTCA to move the game to a netural venue. Saying that though, i reckon if they can bat to their potential, they should knock them off

In the other game, I am going to tip Aber Park in a closer than expected game. You can count on the fact that their pitch wil be a belter for both sides, there could be a few runs scored, but the Parkers should get the chocolates

Good luck to all involved and lets hope weather doesnt play a part

10notout;390457 said:
A Little birdie just told me A.Edrich will not be playing this week, can this be confirmed by anyone at Centrals.

A lot of your posts are Werrbiee based, seems a bit sus that a bloke of Edrichs calibre would miss there biggest game of the season. Going by Phils response it wasn't a confirmation either just a comment about "that's life." Seems a bit sus boys....

Finals time.... good to see the chat returning to cricket....

Given I play for FUCC its hard to be tipping in North A... I will say Moonee Valley are clearly a very good side, deservedly finished top and smashed us on weekend, but we have plenty of upside... Blokes who have been excellent all year had bad days and hopefully that wont happen again - bat down to 10 or 11 so we will be a real chance too - should be great game

St Albans for me will knock over Werribee - Both have excellent attacks but as someone just posted, St Albans have more batting.... I cant see Werribee making many against them so I'll tip a FUCC (bias) v St Albans granny !

In North B after years playing against them I cant tip Abers to beat anyone so whilst not being a North B expert Jacana v Aber Park looks likely !!!

Lets hope I get 4 from 4 but I'll happily take 1 from 4 if its our game :)

2time;390586 said:
A lot of your posts are Werrbiee based, seems a bit sus that a bloke of Edrichs calibre would miss there biggest game of the season. Going by Phils response it wasn't a confirmation either just a comment about "that's life." Seems a bit sus boys....

I play at Centrals and I was talking to a 1st player yesterday and he told me Edrich will miss the game.

softcricketer;390426 said:
I agree Pan_ _[should be a great finals series i know our side as trained pretty hard in the last month , everyone knows the semi is the hardest game to win , if u dont have pride passion and respect for your oppenents and of course the eye of the tiger u dont win finals

StAndrewsman;390502 said:
riggio got reported for 'abuse of equipment' against us after being bowled, threw his helmet and stuff. No idea why albers was up. Don't think he did anything wrong that game, maaybe because riggio was up?

The skipper goes up whenever one of his players is reported - He generally needs to explain why he couldnt / didnt control his player

It would seem that in this instance, common sense prevailed and they threw the Albers report out - and so they should of too

Finals selections for Nth B...

Aberfeldie Park v Kingsville Baptists:
I'll tip A/Park to easily win this game.Kingy are going into this semi with no form to speak of at all, and you'd think A/Park's motivation for this one would be huge after missing out last season after a great home & away season. Good first season back in the comp by Kingy to make the finals, but I think it ends this weekend.

Jacana v Aberfeldie:
I'll tip the home side here, but I agree with previous opinions that this will be a close one. Good batting performance from Jacana against Kingy last week, now the challenge for them is to put it together in a final on a big ground with a wicket which may suit the bowlers. Abers seem a pretty evenly balanced side for mine, with different players stepping up each game. I get the feeling Jacana's season may hinge on the skipper and how many runs he gets here. Be surprised if either side makes a score of over 170.

Let's hear other people's thoughts/tips.

on a different note to finals.. albion cricket club... whats there chances of being around next season? considering they struggled to fill 3 teams.. some weeks playing with just 7 in there thirds....

CheeQuee;390434 said:
Finals selections for Nth B...

Aberfeldie Park v Kingsville Baptists:
I'll tip A/Park to easily win this game.Kingy are going into this semi with no form to speak of at all, and you'd think A/Park's motivation for this one would be huge after missing out last season after a great home & away season. Good first season back in the comp by Kingy to make the finals, but I think it ends this weekend.

Jacana v Aberfeldie:
I'll tip the home side here, but I agree with previous opinions that this will be a close one. Good batting performance from Jacana against Kingy last week, now the challenge for them is to put it together in a final on a big ground with a wicket which may suit the bowlers. Abers seem a pretty evenly balanced side for mine, with different players stepping up each game. I get the feeling Jacana's season may hinge on the skipper and how many runs he gets here. Be surprised if either side makes a score of over 170.

Let's hear other people's thoughts/tips.
Great round up Chee Quee...

I tip Aber Park easily, from the looks of it they smashed Seabrook with all of the big names having an input with the Bat and Ball..

In the other game, I suspect a bit more of a even contest... But i beleive that Abers will provail.. Jacana probably would be happy not have to play on thier own deck !!

Aber Park - Aber GF... With the Parkers taking it home !!

I really worry about them. The rumour was that towards the end of the year they were struggling to get 2 teams up & running and some calls were made to players that had retired to help the club out. While I would be suprised if they folded, I really can't see them being competitive. From what I know they have very little cash to throw around. And a few of their regulars like barletta, m brne, middleton may be close to retirement themselves. Plus who knows if they are going to get their import back. If he doesn't return and a few guys pull up stumps, they could be left with only 10-12 senior players. Very hard to move forward with that! While they seem to have struggled off the field for a while, it's only been the last 2 season that it has finally caught up with them on the field. Might be time for an S Brne homecoming!!!

well, we have finished our first season in this new competition and although our firsts finished without a win, I don't think we did too badly. Because of our players missing from last season (I know can't have that excuse every week) we were filling gaps from round 1 and in the last round we were still filling 2-3 gaps.

without blaming our lack of players, we still weren't far away from winning a few games. Our 2 dayer against Aberfeldie would have come down to the wire except Idiot umpire Deepak (I know you guys know him :p) gave out our batsman that was in for 60 overs LBW metre outside the crease and smashing it. Aberfeldie Park would have gone down to the wire too with us only needing 45-50 runs on the second day. Even in the last round against Flemington, we had them 6-80, their captain came in and was caught behind twice, and their opener was plumb once, but the umpire (Steve Rocca) had nothing of it. It is interesting to note that when talking to Flemington after, they did say they thought the captain hit it, and looking at what was after him, we would have won that game pretty easily.
Seems like throughout the year we were beaten by the paid players of the comp (I am assuming here).

But enough on that. I would like to thank the teams of North B for being welcoming of us (and probably kingy and roosters) coming into the comp. I was expecting the 'where the hell did these guys come from?' or 'go bak to ur own comp' mentality, but instead you guys were great especially Aberfeldie Park, and we will be there next season to try and drink you out of alcohol again :p. Sorry guys, you didn't win our $1000 draw on saturday but thanks for buying some tickets.

well that is all from me, sorry to make you read all this. We will see you all next season and hopefully with a few more wins under our belts.

Great work by the WC guys. I mean if our gun bowler was going to be out of the semi final. the first thing I would do is put it up on BigCricket. And then have it confirmed by the coach. Put your dignity on the line Phil and declare here and now Edrich isn't playing. We all know this is just a new low that seems to have sucked a few in already.

My view- Nth A- MV to beat FU. MV have been written off all year and they continue to win. Hats off to them cause I doubted them as well.
Too hard to call the other one. I think WC may still win even though I think their batting will struggle. SA bats just have to stand up against Clutton and Edrich but they might do enough damage to get WC over the line.
Nth B- AP over Kingy. I think AP will fire up for this one knowing they go up if they win. But on that ground if Levic and Khwaja could get away, they could do some real damage but they aren't in good enough form to do so.
Jacana over Abers. But it all comes down to the 3 Sri Lankan bats for Jacana. They just need to get them the runs and they'll be right.

Should be some great games this weekend.

Everyone keeps writing off M/valley including me but the just keep winning.

Winning form is good form so i will tip them this weekend agaist F/U. Should be a cracking game and i can see this game being high scoring.

St. Albans v W/Central. What a game 4 very good quicks in this game. Have thought for a while W/Centrals would win the G/F but was thinking this game would be the Grand final.
As it's the S/f just have a gut feel St.Albans will get up but should be ripping game.

Good luck to all players and teams in final's this weekend hope the weather is fine and the best teams win

Snagglepuss;390606 said:
Great work by the WC guys. I mean if our gun bowler was going to be out of the semi final. the first thing I would do is put it up on BigCricket. And then have it confirmed by the coach. Put your dignity on the line Phil and declare here and now Edrich isn't playing. We all know this is just a new low that seems to have sucked a few in already.

My view- Nth A- MV to beat FU. MV have been written off all year and they continue to win. Hats off to them cause I doubted them as well.
Too hard to call the other one. I think WC may still win even though I think their batting will struggle. SA bats just have to stand up against Clutton and Edrich but they might do enough damage to get WC over the line.
Nth B- AP over Kingy. I think AP will fire up for this one knowing they go up if they win. But on that ground if Levic and Khwaja could get away, they could do some real damage but they aren't in good enough form to do so.
Jacana over Abers. But it all comes down to the 3 Sri Lankan bats for Jacana. They just need to get them the runs and they'll be right.

at this stage wont be playing ,due to family reasons read posts earlier and u might understand

St Andrew Man - coming from another North B1 1st XI player, it was great playing aginst you blokes this year - i think you have a great core bunch of blokes and next season, when you get your overseas bats back to support Tooley, i think you will be right up there. Both our games were played hard on the park in good spirit and then a few laughs and drinks were had by all.

Having played the 4 sides in the finals, who are you tipping in the semis and then the flag?

phil crea;390608 said:
at this stage wont be playing ,due to family reasons read posts earlier and u might understand

If that's the case Phil with his new born i think any parent/person can sympathise with his predicament. However i still thoroughly believe he will be playing. I would be amazed if he wasn't there... Is the deck prepared by council or W/C?

7/564;390455 said:
Should be some great games this weekend.

Everyone keeps writing off M/valley including me but the just keep winning.

Winning form is good form so i will tip them this weekend agaist F/U. Should be a cracking game and i can see this game being high scoring.

St. Albans v W/Central. What a game 4 very good quicks in this game. Have thought for a while W/Centrals would win the G/F but was thinking this game would be the Grand final.
As it's the S/f just have a gut feel St.Albans will get up but should be ripping game.

Good luck to all players and teams in final's this weekend hope the weather is fine and the best teams win

A Little birdie just told me A.Edrich will not be playing this week, can this be confirmed by anyone at Centrals.

Congratulations to all the finalist in NTH A, although these 4 teams had sewn up a finals spot for a while now – really had no other deserving challengers this year.

Also congrats to Moonee Valley CC – I have not rated them all year, mainly as a result of my personal experience playing against them and watching them when one of our days was washed out. But as others have said they keep winning – terrific win against FUCC in rnd 11.

I tipped earlier St Albans Vs WCentrals Grannie, well that ain’t gonna happen now!
But this finals series will be very interesting :- consider this - FUCC have the wood over St Albans (won most their encounters in recent years), MValley have won their 2 games rather convincingly against St Albans this year (2nd match was a lot closer than the final scores sugguest) and WCentrals have the edge over MValley + also thumped FUCC in their only encounter. And St Albans have only beaten 1 of the finalist this season WCentrals(Edrich and the other opening bowler didn’t play).

So given all that dribble, I like.

Werribee Centrals vs St Albans

St Albans should win. Everyone by now knows what the strengths+ weaknesses of all 4 sides are so I won’t even bother going into that.

Moonee Valley vs Footscray United

Very tight this one , MValley better forget about rnd 11 win over FUCC because that won’t do ‘em any good. TJ + Preece massive wickets get them cheap and FUCC are done.
On the other hand A Pererra big scalp. I can’t believe this but I am tipping MValley, they deserve the minor premiership after beating FUCC and St Albans this year. But FUCC a massive chance,TJ is MValleys biggest danger with bat n ball if he gets going with bat then no one in MVallye attack can stop him.

That would be huge - If Ed is out, St Albans could ALMOST start their GF preparations now

Who's the little birdie by the way? I know you cant give a name, but how close is he to the club or Ed?

ROY G BIV;390614 said:
Congratulations to all the finalist in NTH A, although these 4 teams had sewn up a finals spot for a while now – really had no other deserving challengers this year.

Also congrats to Moonee Valley CC – I have not rated them all year, mainly as a result of my personal experience playing against them and watching them when one of our days was washed out. But as others have said they keep winning – terrific win against FUCC in rnd 11.

I tipped earlier St Albans Vs WCentrals Grannie, well that ain’t gonna happen now!
But this finals series will be very interesting :- consider this - FUCC have the wood over St Albans (won most their encounters in recent years), MValley have won their 2 games rather convincingly against St Albans this year (2nd match was a lot closer than the final scores sugguest) and WCentrals have the edge over MValley + also thumped FUCC in their only encounter. And St Albans have only beaten 1 of the finalist this season WCentrals(Edrich and the other opening bowler didn’t play).

So given all that dribble, I like.

Werribee Centrals vs St Albans

St Albans should win. Everyone by now knows what the strengths+ weaknesses of all 4 sides are so I won’t even bother going into that.

Moonee Valley vs Footscray United

Very tight this one , MValley better forget about rnd 11 win over FUCC because that won’t do ‘em any good. TJ + Preece massive wickets get them cheap and FUCC are done.
On the other hand A Pererra big scalp. I can’t believe this but I am tipping MValley, they deserve the minor premiership after beating FUCC and St Albans this year. But FUCC a massive chance,TJ is MValleys biggest danger with bat n ball if he gets going with bat then no one in MVallye attack can stop him.

well done to all sides playing finals in a1.. now roy what game did you watch m/v play ? were they so bad ? when we played them they were the best side we played this year.
like you say they have beaten s/a twice , f/u easy , just lost to w/c without there 2 best players. pretty good season. yet nobody rates them?

i dont know who will win the grannie as i tipped e/k v f/u to play off in the big one.. but if you were a betting man you would have to put your money on m/v

m/v v s/a for me and the way the year has gone i will say m/v to win it on the last ball of the last day.

p.s hope edrich child is ok after all this is only a game

in Nth B I'll select the following -

Aber Park should trounce Kingsville who have been smashed in recent weeks by the other finals teams and appear to have gone nowhere since Xmas. The harder side of the draw as predicted on here has found them out bigtime. By all reports a pretty ordinary bunch of blokes as well onfield too. Aber Park to pack way too many punches for KP
I like others think the other game is going to be a upset in what will be a low scoring game at Jacana. Rd 1 saw Abers make 77 and Jac 7/80 in reply then in the other round saw Abers 113 and Jac 8/109 in reply before a washout and Abers winning it on protest. You couldnt get much tighter than those 2 sets of scores. Abers seem to have some additions in there team recently with Berzins coming back after Xmas and making some scores. their CC in Ingleton has finally made some runs too so with those 2 and Nyhus they could post a competitive total. Abers strength has been the bowling variety with the quicks/medium and their spinner all being amongst it. Jac relies heavily on a few as has been noted on here they certainly wouldnt want Siriwardana to go down at training during the week nor fail with the bat and ball next week, he's the key to their success one way or the other.
Abers to get up in a tight one

shhhhhhhhhhh;390622 said:
well done to all sides playing finals in a1.. now roy what game did you watch m/v play ? were they so bad ? when we played them they were the best side we played this year.
like you say they have beaten s/a twice , f/u easy , just lost to w/c without there 2 best players. pretty good season. yet nobody rates them?

i dont know who will win the grannie as i tipped e/k v f/u to play off in the big one.. but if you were a betting man you would have to put your money on m/v

m/v v s/a for me and the way the year has gone i will say m/v to win it on the last ball of the last day.

p.s hope edrich child is ok after all this is only a game

Mate the thing about opinion is everybody has one.
if in your opinion they are the best side in the comp then mate why worry about what others say and how nobody rates 'em.

when you played them you obviusly had a high opinion of them when we locked horns against 'em we didn't.

But if you noticed i am actually tipping 'em to win the semi - don't wanna regurgetate what many contributors on this forum have said many times now - NTH A is a very weak comp this season sides which were cellar dwellars in years gone by are now world beaters with virtually the same lists.
look at the number of outright results in this grade a reflection on the standard of cricket.

FUnited with one spinner and virtually no bowler (respect to DMCllelan he has been a very good player for that club, good bloke, good cricketer ) are one of the favourites.

10notout;390457 said:

thats life , just gives one of our young bowlers a chance to step up

ROY G BIV;390634 said:
Mate the thing about opinion is everybody has one.
if in your opinion they are the best side in the comp then mate why worry about what others say and how nobody rates 'em.

when you played them you obviusly had a high opinion of them when we locked horns against 'em we didn't.

But if you noticed i am actually tipping 'em to win the semi - don't wanna regurgetate what many contributors on this forum have said many times now - NTH A is a very weak comp this season sides which were cellar dwellars in years gone by are now world beaters with virtually the same lists.
look at the number of outright results in this grade a reflection on the standard of cricket.

FUnited with one spinner and virtually no bowler (respect to DMCllelan he has been a very good player for that club, good bloke, good cricketer ) are one of the favourites.

Exacly right Roy look at the standard of cricket in A1 this season ! Go back 12 months Werribee and M.V were playing off in a grand final in B1 , this season they have finished 1st and 2nd an could play off for a flag again . So dont be surprised who ever goes up from B1 next season makes a big impression in A1 , pick up 1 or 2 players an they could be in the same position as M.V or Werribee are right now .

2time;390613 said:
If that's the case Phil with his new born i think any parent/person can sympathise with his predicament. However i still thoroughly believe he will be playing. I would be amazed if he wasn't there... Is the deck prepared by council or W/C?

our club prepares the wicket ,will be a road

2time;390468 said:
Ducks & Drakes already Phil, a bit early isn't it....

nothing to hide , just want to know how 10 nout out knows , u play with what u have got thats where depth comes into it

With all the rain forecast this weekend it looks like MV and WC have the upper hand already. Would be a pity to see the semis decided by the weather but thats the way it goes. Perhaps the VTCA should be issuing instructions to clubs to get there covers down early.
Is there any reason the Monday is not used as a reserve day?

phil crea;390471 said:
nothing to hide , just want to know how 10 nout out knows , u play with what u have got thats where depth comes into it

I reckon some your posts are rippers Phil but sorry mate i'm not buying this one...

parkcricketer;390721 said:
With all the rain forecast this weekend it looks like MV and WC have the upper hand already. Would be a pity to see the semis decided by the weather but thats the way it goes. Perhaps the VTCA should be issuing instructions to clubs to get there covers down early.
Is there any reason the Monday is not used as a reserve day?

In the NWCA Monday a reserve day, dont know why the VTCA do not have it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back