North A and B 09/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
re: North A and B 10/11

Interesting to see in North A that the 2 best batting sides play each other, with the 2 best bowling sides squaring off. So from those who have played them this year, a little hypothetical. Which combination would you rather have: Dunn & MacCammond vs Edrich & Clutton? And what about Preece & TJ vs Perera & Aiyappan? Will these guns decide each semi or will they cancel each other out and each teams depth will be tested?

parkcricketer;390721 said:
With all the rain forecast this weekend it looks like MV and WC have the upper hand already. Would be a pity to see the semis decided by the weather but thats the way it goes. Perhaps the VTCA should be issuing instructions to clubs to get there covers down early.
Is there any reason the Monday is not used as a reserve day?

covers will be put on thursday with rain forecast thursday night ,friday sat and sun we want to play,and i agree monday should be a reserve day

phil crea;390675 said:
our club prepares the wicket ,will be a road

Interesting, seeing as though late last year your curator almost left the club due to conflict over the state of the pitch, as it was not a suitable standard, defiantly not a road.

Well well dare i say it but it's ( Crunch time ) A1 First and if all report's are true Werribee chance's will be cut in half no Ed possibly no Werribee massive job needed by Clutton and Phil with the bat but we all know that wont happen . St Albans should get there easily if they can make 200 +.

Moonee Valley know what they have to do to beat F.U an that's get Preece and TJ early quite simple, M.V have enough batting to get them there and there bowler's have done very well this year to.

B1 . Probably only two teams here can win the big one .

Jacana to skittle Abers for not alot then make enough to get into a grand final, Janaka in some good form an should destroy Abers weak attack but no doubt he will struggle if comes up against A.Park in the final.

Aber Park should have too much firepower Kingy baps basically Kingy need Kwhaja and Levis to make a truck load for them 2 have any chance.

Fariq, move on - your poor attacks and in jokes are getting boring... no doubt you are disgruntled with Phil - get over it !!

We get the point, lots of people dont seem to like Phil and from all reports Werribee Centrals as a club but this time of year its kind of irrelevant - talk cricket or cya later !

Its crunch time;390486 said:
B1 . Probably only two teams here can win the big one .

Jacana to skittle Abers for not alot then make enough to get into a grand final, Janaka in some good form an should destroy Abers weak attack but no doubt he will struggle if comes up against A.Park in the final.

Aber Park should have too much firepower Kingy baps basically Kingy need Kwhaja and Levis to make a truck load for them 2 have any chance.

Abers weak attack ? thats their major asset so not sure your right there

rolled the Roosters for 95 & 127 on the weekend
rolled Kingy Baps for 125
rolled Seabrook for 131
prior to that Roosters 9/128, K Baps 8/105, SBrook 142

looking back through the scores it appears only once all year that they've been hit for a score by Aber Park with 233 and a 2nd innings 2/159 in the same game

if there's a weakness it's their batting for sure which is as brittle as a violet crumble when the pressure is on, has been for years now

Fariq;390826 said:
Interesting, seeing as though late last year your curator almost left the club due to conflict over the state of the pitch, as it was not a suitable standard, defiantly not a road.

OnTheLookout;390875 said:
Fariq, move on - your poor attacks and in jokes are getting boring... no doubt you are disgruntled with Phil - get over it !!

We get the point, lots of people dont seem to like Phil and from all reports Werribee Centrals as a club but this time of year its kind of irrelevant - talk cricket or cya later !

Fariq - go on posting mate.
if blokes are bored or not interested in what you gotta say then a simple solution for 'em : don't read!

same with phil if you don't like the bloke and not interested in his posts then simply don't read. But don't tell 'em what to post?

I'll be off to feed the chooks this weekend best of luck to all the teams participating in the finals.
A.P. 4 me and hopefully W/C as i like Phil to me he is a good bloke end of story plays it hard on the field have a beer of it is how sport should be played no hard feelings.
All is fair in Love and War!!!!

OnTheLookout;390875 said:

attacks dont bother me and never have , this time of year i focus on one thing to win a flag,

He who knows best;390487 said:
Abers weak attack ? thats their major asset so not sure your right there

rolled the Roosters for 95 & 127 on the weekend
rolled Kingy Baps for 125
rolled Seabrook for 131
prior to that Roosters 9/128, K Baps 8/105, SBrook 142

looking back through the scores it appears only once all year that they've been hit for a score by Aber Park with 233 and a 2nd innings 2/159 in the same game

if there's a weakness it's their batting for sure which is as brittle as a violet crumble when the pressure is on, has been for years now

With no gun batting line up's besides A.P its not a massive mission knocking over teams for under 150! At best there bowlers are steady. Not 1 gun quick and there best bowler is Shannahan which is simply just a smart spinner nothing to boast about. Im sure not many or any team's have posted 200+ against Jacana or A.P

Fariq;390826 said:

cmon woodsey get over it mate your a spud who wouldnt get a game in our fourths

Its crunch time;390489 said:
With no gun batting line up's besides A.P its not a massive mission knocking over teams for under 150! At best there bowlers are steady. Not 1 gun quick and there best bowler is Shannahan which is simply just a smart spinner nothing to boast about. Im sure not many or any team's have posted 200+ against Jacana or A.P

some of those sides e.g Seabrook and KP are not easybeats with the bat

stats suggest Abers 2 med quicks are going ok Cahir 23 @ 12 and Leece 22 @ 11

looking further at the stats some interesting one's jump out at you

Jacana took the most wickets in the H&A with 139 - suggest their deck had something to do with that
Abers the 2nd most, followed by Aber Park
Alt Rooster took more than KP

Abers (131) lost the most wickets by a fair way with Alt Roosters (126) the 2nd most
Jacana have only lost 102 wickets however which was the 2nd owest in the grade

phil crea;390900 said:
cmon woodsey get over it mate your a spud who wouldnt get a game in our fourths

Hey Filthy Phil my old friend,
Andy Maccamond's looking forward to catching up with you this weekend after you threatened to "Cut his Throat" during the year.
Did you think he forgot about that? He is usually a tame bloke but, and I quote "shut that mouth up once and for all".

He who knows best;390490 said:
some of those sides e.g Seabrook and KP are not easybeats with the bat

stats suggest Abers 2 med quicks are going ok Cahir 23 @ 12 and Leece 22 @ 11

Good averages yes, but yet if you havent taken 30 wickets for a season as an opening bowler you havent had a very good season. Faced both Leece bowls ok Cahir all over the shop . Shannahan there best bowler

cutoverslips46;390907 said:
lol, YES YOU DID SAY THAT, lol
Then you had the cheek to ask him to help Sam out with his bowling!!!!!!!!!

I'll say one thing about you Filthy, you've got more front than Myers. Hope you havn't let the Curls grow too long so you can fit the helmet on that noggin of yours

Good Luck Champ
oh well shit happens i wont be hideing i will be opening the batting,i am sure if he bowls bouncers to 14 years old i can expect some

just saw this on the VTCA site, anyone able to shed light ?

Season 2009/10
Round 13
Anthony Riggio
Aberfeldie Park
4a
2 match ban
Fully suspended until end 2010/11

Round 13
Matt Albers
Aberfeldie Park
Dismissed

I'll say one thing about you Filthy, you've got more front than Myers. Hope you havn't let the Curls grow too long so you can fit the helmet on that noggin of yours

Good Luck Champ

I know the powers that be on Big Cricket have told us to stop bagging Phil and talk cricket but i find this thread extreamly funny. I cant believe that a club coach (crea) has been allowed to talk rubbish for so long. Surely a sensible person at W/C has seen this tripe and reported it to someone with the balls to pull him up. We are talking about a bloke with no job that flicks between facebook and big cricket all day, he has no imput with the first X1 at W/C AND IS ONLY A OBSERVER AT BEST. If you dont agree phil, look at your stats, they dont lie. Ive had the pleasure of playing footy on McAmmond and he is a gentleman and a man that will destroy you come finals. You can talk your bowling dependable side up all day, your no hope.

riggio got reported for 'abuse of equipment' against us after being bowled, threw his helmet and stuff. No idea why albers was up. Don't think he did anything wrong that game, maaybe because riggio was up?

punter 18;390978 said:
I know the powers that be on Big Cricket have told us to stop bagging Phil and talk cricket but i find this thread extreamly funny. I cant believe that a club coach (crea) has been allowed to talk rubbish for so long. Surely a sensible person at W/C has seen this tripe and reported it to someone with the balls to pull him up. We are talking about a bloke with no job that flicks between facebook and big cricket all day, he has no imput with the first X1 at W/C AND IS ONLY A OBSERVER AT BEST. If you dont agree phil, look at your stats, they dont lie. Ive had the pleasure of playing footy on McAmmond and he is a gentleman and a man that will destroy you come finals. You can talk your bowling dependable side up all day, your no hope.
es the preso as had a look at the posts and agrees with me ,to many people with **** all cricket knowledge on this site

10notout;390457 said:
A Little birdie just told me A.Edrich will not be playing this week, can this be confirmed by anyone at Centrals.

A lot of your posts are Werrbiee based, seems a bit sus that a bloke of Edrichs calibre would miss there biggest game of the season. Going by Phils response it wasn't a confirmation either just a comment about "that's life." Seems a bit sus boys....

Ok, final warning. Keep on with the fascination over Phil Crea and this thread gets binned. It's tedious at best.

If you want to enter into a dialogue with him, start up a thread dedicated to him, do not fill this thread up with it.

2time;390586 said:
A lot of your posts are Werrbiee based, seems a bit sus that a bloke of Edrichs calibre would miss there biggest game of the season. Going by Phils response it wasn't a confirmation either just a comment about "that's life." Seems a bit sus boys....

I play at Centrals and I was talking to a 1st player yesterday and he told me Edrich will miss the game.

phil crea;390961 said:
oh well shit happens i wont be hideing i will be opening the batting,i am sure if he bowls bouncers to 14 years old i can expect some

If Macca bowled bouncers at a 14yo then the kid was playing firsts.
Who picked him? Don't put the kid in the ring if he can't box!!!!

StAndrewsman;390502 said:
riggio got reported for 'abuse of equipment' against us after being bowled, threw his helmet and stuff. No idea why albers was up. Don't think he did anything wrong that game, maaybe because riggio was up?

The skipper goes up whenever one of his players is reported - He generally needs to explain why he couldnt / didnt control his player

It would seem that in this instance, common sense prevailed and they threw the Albers report out - and so they should of too

parkcricketer;391006 said:
If Macca bowled bouncers at a 14yo then the kid was playing firsts.
Who picked him? Don't put the kid in the ring if he can't box!!!!

fair point , the kid from avondale didnt complain liked the experience

on a different note to finals.. albion cricket club... whats there chances of being around next season? considering they struggled to fill 3 teams.. some weeks playing with just 7 in there thirds....

mas cambios;390981 said:
Ok, final warning. Keep on with the fascination over Phil Crea and this thread gets binned. It's tedious at best.

If you want to enter into a dialogue with him, start up a thread dedicated to him, do not fill this thread up with it.

Cant you just ban Phil or the blokes that are obsessed by him? No point in closing the thread - there are plaenty of us that dont give a tinkers cuss about Phil

Lets talk cricket - What odds that we actually play some cricket this weekend? We finished on top so it would be a hollow victory to walk through to the GF, but i guess thats the only advantage to finishing top 2......

I know the BOM cant forecast what happened 5 mins ago, but if the Foxtel rain guide is correct, there is rain for the next 16 days........ Only in Melbourne

I really worry about them. The rumour was that towards the end of the year they were struggling to get 2 teams up & running and some calls were made to players that had retired to help the club out. While I would be suprised if they folded, I really can't see them being competitive. From what I know they have very little cash to throw around. And a few of their regulars like barletta, m brne, middleton may be close to retirement themselves. Plus who knows if they are going to get their import back. If he doesn't return and a few guys pull up stumps, they could be left with only 10-12 senior players. Very hard to move forward with that! While they seem to have struggled off the field for a while, it's only been the last 2 season that it has finally caught up with them on the field. Might be time for an S Brne homecoming!!!

Cover_Drive;391031 said:
Cant you just ban Phil or the blokes that are obsessed by him? No point in closing the thread - there are plaenty of us that dont give a tinkers cuss about Phil

Lets talk cricket - What odds that we actually play some cricket this weekend? We finished on top so it would be a hollow victory to walk through to the GF, but i guess thats the only advantage to finishing top 2......

I know the BOM cant forecast what happened 5 mins ago, but if the Foxtel rain guide is correct, there is rain for the next 16 days........ Only in Melbourne

cover drive who do u play for ?
:cool:

Great work by the WC guys. I mean if our gun bowler was going to be out of the semi final. the first thing I would do is put it up on BigCricket. And then have it confirmed by the coach. Put your dignity on the line Phil and declare here and now Edrich isn't playing. We all know this is just a new low that seems to have sucked a few in already.

My view- Nth A- MV to beat FU. MV have been written off all year and they continue to win. Hats off to them cause I doubted them as well.
Too hard to call the other one. I think WC may still win even though I think their batting will struggle. SA bats just have to stand up against Clutton and Edrich but they might do enough damage to get WC over the line.
Nth B- AP over Kingy. I think AP will fire up for this one knowing they go up if they win. But on that ground if Levic and Khwaja could get away, they could do some real damage but they aren't in good enough form to do so.
Jacana over Abers. But it all comes down to the 3 Sri Lankan bats for Jacana. They just need to get them the runs and they'll be right.

Well if the teams are correct on the net, it does look like Edrich isn't playing this weekend. Huge loss to WC if so, but he obviously has bigger issues to address than worrying about cricket. Good luck to him and his family.

Snagglepuss;390606 said:
Great work by the WC guys. I mean if our gun bowler was going to be out of the semi final. the first thing I would do is put it up on BigCricket. And then have it confirmed by the coach. Put your dignity on the line Phil and declare here and now Edrich isn't playing. We all know this is just a new low that seems to have sucked a few in already.

My view- Nth A- MV to beat FU. MV have been written off all year and they continue to win. Hats off to them cause I doubted them as well.
Too hard to call the other one. I think WC may still win even though I think their batting will struggle. SA bats just have to stand up against Clutton and Edrich but they might do enough damage to get WC over the line.
Nth B- AP over Kingy. I think AP will fire up for this one knowing they go up if they win. But on that ground if Levic and Khwaja could get away, they could do some real damage but they aren't in good enough form to do so.
Jacana over Abers. But it all comes down to the 3 Sri Lankan bats for Jacana. They just need to get them the runs and they'll be right.

at this stage wont be playing ,due to family reasons read posts earlier and u might understand

Good Luck Champ

well with all the chat going on looks like i am going to watch the w/c v s/a game..
should be game on down there umps bring your red and yellow cards.

who's in the other semi ?

phil crea;390608 said:
at this stage wont be playing ,due to family reasons read posts earlier and u might understand

If that's the case Phil with his new born i think any parent/person can sympathise with his predicament. However i still thoroughly believe he will be playing. I would be amazed if he wasn't there... Is the deck prepared by council or W/C?

Congratulations to all the finalist in NTH A, although these 4 teams had sewn up a finals spot for a while now – really had no other deserving challengers this year.

Also congrats to Moonee Valley CC – I have not rated them all year, mainly as a result of my personal experience playing against them and watching them when one of our days was washed out. But as others have said they keep winning – terrific win against FUCC in rnd 11.

I tipped earlier St Albans Vs WCentrals Grannie, well that ain’t gonna happen now!
But this finals series will be very interesting :- consider this - FUCC have the wood over St Albans (won most their encounters in recent years), MValley have won their 2 games rather convincingly against St Albans this year (2nd match was a lot closer than the final scores sugguest) and WCentrals have the edge over MValley + also thumped FUCC in their only encounter. And St Albans have only beaten 1 of the finalist this season WCentrals(Edrich and the other opening bowler didn’t play).

So given all that dribble, I like.

Werribee Centrals vs St Albans

St Albans should win. Everyone by now knows what the strengths+ weaknesses of all 4 sides are so I won’t even bother going into that.

Moonee Valley vs Footscray United

Very tight this one , MValley better forget about rnd 11 win over FUCC because that won’t do ‘em any good. TJ + Preece massive wickets get them cheap and FUCC are done.
On the other hand A Pererra big scalp. I can’t believe this but I am tipping MValley, they deserve the minor premiership after beating FUCC and St Albans this year. But FUCC a massive chance,TJ is MValleys biggest danger with bat n ball if he gets going with bat then no one in MVallye attack can stop him.

ROY G BIV;390614 said:
Congratulations to all the finalist in NTH A, although these 4 teams had sewn up a finals spot for a while now – really had no other deserving challengers this year.

Also congrats to Moonee Valley CC – I have not rated them all year, mainly as a result of my personal experience playing against them and watching them when one of our days was washed out. But as others have said they keep winning – terrific win against FUCC in rnd 11.

I tipped earlier St Albans Vs WCentrals Grannie, well that ain’t gonna happen now!
But this finals series will be very interesting :- consider this - FUCC have the wood over St Albans (won most their encounters in recent years), MValley have won their 2 games rather convincingly against St Albans this year (2nd match was a lot closer than the final scores sugguest) and WCentrals have the edge over MValley + also thumped FUCC in their only encounter. And St Albans have only beaten 1 of the finalist this season WCentrals(Edrich and the other opening bowler didn’t play).

So given all that dribble, I like.

Werribee Centrals vs St Albans

St Albans should win. Everyone by now knows what the strengths+ weaknesses of all 4 sides are so I won’t even bother going into that.

Moonee Valley vs Footscray United

Very tight this one , MValley better forget about rnd 11 win over FUCC because that won’t do ‘em any good. TJ + Preece massive wickets get them cheap and FUCC are done.
On the other hand A Pererra big scalp. I can’t believe this but I am tipping MValley, they deserve the minor premiership after beating FUCC and St Albans this year. But FUCC a massive chance,TJ is MValleys biggest danger with bat n ball if he gets going with bat then no one in MVallye attack can stop him.

well done to all sides playing finals in a1.. now roy what game did you watch m/v play ? were they so bad ? when we played them they were the best side we played this year.
like you say they have beaten s/a twice , f/u easy , just lost to w/c without there 2 best players. pretty good season. yet nobody rates them?

i dont know who will win the grannie as i tipped e/k v f/u to play off in the big one.. but if you were a betting man you would have to put your money on m/v

m/v v s/a for me and the way the year has gone i will say m/v to win it on the last ball of the last day.

p.s hope edrich child is ok after all this is only a game

shhhhhhhhhhh;391052 said:
well with all the chat going on looks like i am going to watch the w/c v s/a game..
should be game on down there umps bring your red and yellow cards.

who's in the other semi ?

If the rumours going around about a couple of different clubs actions on the weekend are true, it won't be long before the Association will have to introduce neutral venues for semi finals (and possibly overnight security guards!!!) Very disappointing!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back