North A and B 09/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
re: North A and B 10/11

shhhhhhhhhhh;390622 said:
well done to all sides playing finals in a1.. now roy what game did you watch m/v play ? were they so bad ? when we played them they were the best side we played this year.
like you say they have beaten s/a twice , f/u easy , just lost to w/c without there 2 best players. pretty good season. yet nobody rates them?

i dont know who will win the grannie as i tipped e/k v f/u to play off in the big one.. but if you were a betting man you would have to put your money on m/v

m/v v s/a for me and the way the year has gone i will say m/v to win it on the last ball of the last day.

p.s hope edrich child is ok after all this is only a game

Mate the thing about opinion is everybody has one.
if in your opinion they are the best side in the comp then mate why worry about what others say and how nobody rates 'em.

when you played them you obviusly had a high opinion of them when we locked horns against 'em we didn't.

But if you noticed i am actually tipping 'em to win the semi - don't wanna regurgetate what many contributors on this forum have said many times now - NTH A is a very weak comp this season sides which were cellar dwellars in years gone by are now world beaters with virtually the same lists.
look at the number of outright results in this grade a reflection on the standard of cricket.

FUnited with one spinner and virtually no bowler (respect to DMCllelan he has been a very good player for that club, good bloke, good cricketer ) are one of the favourites.

parkcricketer;391554 said:
If the rumours going around about a couple of different clubs actions on the weekend are true, it won't be long before the Association will have to introduce neutral venues for semi finals (and possibly overnight security guards!!!) Very disappointing!

please fill us in

ROY G BIV;390634 said:
Mate the thing about opinion is everybody has one.
if in your opinion they are the best side in the comp then mate why worry about what others say and how nobody rates 'em.

when you played them you obviusly had a high opinion of them when we locked horns against 'em we didn't.

But if you noticed i am actually tipping 'em to win the semi - don't wanna regurgetate what many contributors on this forum have said many times now - NTH A is a very weak comp this season sides which were cellar dwellars in years gone by are now world beaters with virtually the same lists.
look at the number of outright results in this grade a reflection on the standard of cricket.

FUnited with one spinner and virtually no bowler (respect to DMCllelan he has been a very good player for that club, good bloke, good cricketer ) are one of the favourites.

Exacly right Roy look at the standard of cricket in A1 this season ! Go back 12 months Werribee and M.V were playing off in a grand final in B1 , this season they have finished 1st and 2nd an could play off for a flag again . So dont be surprised who ever goes up from B1 next season makes a big impression in A1 , pick up 1 or 2 players an they could be in the same position as M.V or Werribee are right now .

punter 18;391560 said:
please fill us in

Check the "North Division" thread on here for comments about the Doutta vs. Strathmore semi; and the result for the WC vs. SA semi on the vtca website - No play possible but the result is disputed???

2time;390613 said:
If that's the case Phil with his new born i think any parent/person can sympathise with his predicament. However i still thoroughly believe he will be playing. I would be amazed if he wasn't there... Is the deck prepared by council or W/C?

our club prepares the wicket ,will be a road

EdgeOverSlips;391446 said:
And you r?? Whats news at Aber Park? Hows the side shaping up? Whats the tip...

Happy to disclose who i am in 2 weeks time after the granny; dont need to create an unneccessry banter at this stage.

Got off to a shaky start against KBs due to some good early bowling but we had steadied just as the rain came - some would say us and other top 2 sides are lucky - i would say you have 14 rounds to finish top 2.

Full compliment of players available for the granny so it will be a tough selection week for the selection committee

Good luck to Jacana

Any rumors on where the GF may be played?

With all the rain forecast this weekend it looks like MV and WC have the upper hand already. Would be a pity to see the semis decided by the weather but thats the way it goes. Perhaps the VTCA should be issuing instructions to clubs to get there covers down early.
Is there any reason the Monday is not used as a reserve day?

parkcricketer;391561 said:
Check the "North Division" thread on here for comments about the Doutta vs. Strathmore semi; and the result for the WC vs. SA semi on the vtca website - No play possible but the result is disputed???

Any Werribee or St Albans people able to shed any light on the
disputed decision from the weekend?

parkcricketer;390721 said:
With all the rain forecast this weekend it looks like MV and WC have the upper hand already. Would be a pity to see the semis decided by the weather but thats the way it goes. Perhaps the VTCA should be issuing instructions to clubs to get there covers down early.

In the NWCA Monday a reserve day, dont know why the VTCA do not have it.

weather on the weekend proves that the VTCA are a joke not having a reserve day for the Semi-finals

the Semi-final weekend to some clubs means much much more than making the GF especially with the reward of moving up a division available to the 2 GF sides

for clubs not to have a chance to prove their mettle due to wash outs proves that the decision not to have a reserve day in place is very very ordinary

parkcricketer;390721 said:

covers will be put on thursday with rain forecast thursday night ,friday sat and sun we want to play,and i agree monday should be a reserve day

He who knows best;391595 said:
weather on the weekend proves that the VTCA are a joke not having a reserve day for the Semi-finals

the Semi-final weekend to some clubs means much much more than making the GF especially with the reward of moving up a division available to the 2 GF sides

for clubs not to have a chance to prove their mettle due to wash outs proves that the decision not to have a reserve day in place is very very ordinary

Pretty simple really, finish 1 or 2 and no dramas. And even if yday was a reserve day, the weather would not have helped getting many results.
Also, over the last 20 years, how many times have we lost the majority of both days on semi weekend? I can't recall any..... Good luck to all playing in gf's iver the next 2 weekends..

phil crea;390675 said:
our club prepares the wicket ,will be a road

Interesting, seeing as though late last year your curator almost left the club due to conflict over the state of the pitch, as it was not a suitable standard, defiantly not a road.

It is park cricket we only have limited time to play so if you have an average season and scrape in the four i dont see why you should get any favour's. I dont believe we would of played yesterday anyway ! Phil should of used his mullet as a super sopper lol , surely then they would of got some play in !!!

Fariq, move on - your poor attacks and in jokes are getting boring... no doubt you are disgruntled with Phil - get over it !!

We get the point, lots of people dont seem to like Phil and from all reports Werribee Centrals as a club but this time of year its kind of irrelevant - talk cricket or cya later !

Its crunch time;391615 said:
It is park cricket we only have limited time to play so if you have an average season and scrape in the four i dont see why you should get any favour's. I dont believe we would of played yesterday anyway ! Phil should of used his mullet as a super sopper lol , surely then they would of got some play in !!!

What happened at Werribee Centrals?
The rain didn't start till about 2pm or 2.30 on Saturday, surely they should've been able to at least get a start.

Fariq;390826 said:
Interesting, seeing as though late last year your curator almost left the club due to conflict over the state of the pitch, as it was not a suitable standard, defiantly not a road.

OnTheLookout;390875 said:
Fariq, move on - your poor attacks and in jokes are getting boring... no doubt you are disgruntled with Phil - get over it !!

We get the point, lots of people dont seem to like Phil and from all reports Werribee Centrals as a club but this time of year its kind of irrelevant - talk cricket or cya later !

Fariq - go on posting mate.
if blokes are bored or not interested in what you gotta say then a simple solution for 'em : don't read!

same with phil if you don't like the bloke and not interested in his posts then simply don't read. But don't tell 'em what to post?

We had rain in werribee friday night and because one side of the table is a fair bit lower then the other side the rain even if we get small amounts puddles at one end and the pitch was wet on a small bit of one side therefore not being able to get the start

OnTheLookout;390875 said:

attacks dont bother me and never have , this time of year i focus on one thing to win a flag,

I am sure there is going to be a lot of talk about this game (or lack of!!) in the coming days. Fact is that the pitch at werribee was wet and unplayable on saturday morning. The reason for this is why the match in being disputed.

Fariq;390826 said:

cmon woodsey get over it mate your a spud who wouldnt get a game in our fourths

Its crunch time;391615 said:

If Monday is Available then Why Not?
We are supposed to have a fair system. Actual cricketing ability should be the show case and also an extra days cricket would be good for both clubs encouraging an extra days trade it would good for all clubs, look at the big picture.

As mentioned before the promotion and relagation is a big big deal and traditionally just like the start of the season rain does affect us in March... I believe the top two teams are promoted for this particular reason.
I dont think it would hurt anybody if Monday was a Reserve day.

phil crea;390900 said:
cmon woodsey get over it mate your a spud who wouldnt get a game in our fourths

Hey Filthy Phil my old friend,
Andy Maccamond's looking forward to catching up with you this weekend after you threatened to "Cut his Throat" during the year.
Did you think he forgot about that? He is usually a tame bloke but, and I quote "shut that mouth up once and for all".

no point in the game being in dispute even if they did get a start they would of played 1 hours of cricket and then none for the rest of the weekend resulting in the same result as it stands now so yer.

cutoverslips46;390907 said:
lol, YES YOU DID SAY THAT, lol
Then you had the cheek to ask him to help Sam out with his bowling!!!!!!!!!

I'll say one thing about you Filthy, you've got more front than Myers. Hope you havn't let the Curls grow too long so you can fit the helmet on that noggin of yours

Good Luck Champ
oh well shit happens i wont be hideing i will be opening the batting,i am sure if he bowls bouncers to 14 years old i can expect some

BigCoq;391633 said:
We are supposed to have a fair system. Actual cricketing ability should be the show case and also an extra days cricket would be good for both clubs encouraging an extra days trade it would good for all clubs, look at the big picture.

As mentioned before the promotion and relagation is a big big deal and traditionally just like the start of the season rain does affect us in March... I believe the top two teams are promoted for this particular reason.

:) Correct BC

I havent played for many a year and only support players I know through my past teams but leaving that in mind the lack of a reserve day for a Semi Final vs a 4 day GF that can be won on the back of a 1st innings result highlights a major gap

looking at Aberfeldia in Nth B1 for example they only missed 1st spot by 6 points and 2nd by less than that

the gap between Abers and Jacana was minimal at best so you have to feel for a team like them that had been the only team to beat Aber Park all year and was an equal to Jacana through the year

they still may have lost but you have to feel for a team that didnt get a chance to put themselves into a GF based upon both the weather and the lack of a spare day to look to get a result, especially when there was certainly a day that could have been used

cutoverslips46;390907 said:
lol, YES YOU DID SAY THAT, lol
Then you had the cheek to ask him to help Sam out with his bowling!!!!!!!!!

I'll say one thing about you Filthy, you've got more front than Myers. Hope you havn't let the Curls grow too long so you can fit the helmet on that noggin of yours

Good Luck Champ

I know the powers that be on Big Cricket have told us to stop bagging Phil and talk cricket but i find this thread extreamly funny. I cant believe that a club coach (crea) has been allowed to talk rubbish for so long. Surely a sensible person at W/C has seen this tripe and reported it to someone with the balls to pull him up. We are talking about a bloke with no job that flicks between facebook and big cricket all day, he has no imput with the first X1 at W/C AND IS ONLY A OBSERVER AT BEST. If you dont agree phil, look at your stats, they dont lie. Ive had the pleasure of playing footy on McAmmond and he is a gentleman and a man that will destroy you come finals. You can talk your bowling dependable side up all day, your no hope.

BigCoq;391633 said:

NWCA play on Monday if required.

What a wet weekend it was for cricket

punter 18;390978 said:
I know the powers that be on Big Cricket have told us to stop bagging Phil and talk cricket but i find this thread extreamly funny. I cant believe that a club coach (crea) has been allowed to talk rubbish for so long. Surely a sensible person at W/C has seen this tripe and reported it to someone with the balls to pull him up. We are talking about a bloke with no job that flicks between facebook and big cricket all day, he has no imput with the first X1 at W/C AND IS ONLY A OBSERVER AT BEST. If you dont agree phil, look at your stats, they dont lie. Ive had the pleasure of playing footy on McAmmond and he is a gentleman and a man that will destroy you come finals. You can talk your bowling dependable side up all day, your no hope.
es the preso as had a look at the posts and agrees with me ,to many people with **** all cricket knowledge on this site

Does anybody know if it's 100% that 2 sides are going up from Nth B and two going down from Nth A?
Ive heard different versions of events from a few people, just want to clarify it.

Ok, final warning. Keep on with the fascination over Phil Crea and this thread gets binned. It's tedious at best.

If you want to enter into a dialogue with him, start up a thread dedicated to him, do not fill this thread up with it.

CheeQuee;391663 said:
Does anybody know if it's 100% that 2 sides are going up from Nth B and two going down from Nth A?
Ive heard different versions of events from a few people, just want to clarify it.

Why not check the Rule Book - E 2.5, 2.6 & 2.7 might help

phil crea;390961 said:
oh well shit happens i wont be hideing i will be opening the batting,i am sure if he bowls bouncers to 14 years old i can expect some

If Macca bowled bouncers at a 14yo then the kid was playing firsts.
Who picked him? Don't put the kid in the ring if he can't box!!!!

parkcricketer;391006 said:
If Macca bowled bouncers at a 14yo then the kid was playing firsts.
Who picked him? Don't put the kid in the ring if he can't box!!!!

fair point , the kid from avondale didnt complain liked the experience

troppo;391635 said:
no point in the game being in dispute even if they did get a start they would of played 1 hours of cricket and then none for the rest of the weekend resulting in the same result as it stands now so yer.

My mail is that there was ************ all rain in Werribee on Friday night - but it sounds like you were there so I assume you would know best.
You seem to be missing the point in your last post.
Regardless of the result - Everyone should be able to expect fair conditions for both sides. If it can be PROVED that there has been a deliberate act to avoid this, then there are big big problems - hence my previous post about neutral grounds.
With the result disputed what are the VTCA doing about this?

mas cambios;390981 said:
Ok, final warning. Keep on with the fascination over Phil Crea and this thread gets binned. It's tedious at best.

If you want to enter into a dialogue with him, start up a thread dedicated to him, do not fill this thread up with it.

Cant you just ban Phil or the blokes that are obsessed by him? No point in closing the thread - there are plaenty of us that dont give a tinkers cuss about Phil

Lets talk cricket - What odds that we actually play some cricket this weekend? We finished on top so it would be a hollow victory to walk through to the GF, but i guess thats the only advantage to finishing top 2......

I know the BOM cant forecast what happened 5 mins ago, but if the Foxtel rain guide is correct, there is rain for the next 16 days........ Only in Melbourne

troppo;391635 said:

Troppo, even though it did rain, not getting the start is the issue and not having a wicket prepared, all other sides got starts in north A, its happened too many times up at werribee as I've heard from a few of the young players up there, all they want to do is play cricket and obviously phil you are ristricting them from that and teaching them bad etiquette definition just incase: rules governing socially acceptable behavior.

Cover_Drive;391031 said:
Cant you just ban Phil or the blokes that are obsessed by him? No point in closing the thread - there are plaenty of us that dont give a tinkers cuss about Phil

Lets talk cricket - What odds that we actually play some cricket this weekend? We finished on top so it would be a hollow victory to walk through to the GF, but i guess thats the only advantage to finishing top 2......

I know the BOM cant forecast what happened 5 mins ago, but if the Foxtel rain guide is correct, there is rain for the next 16 days........ Only in Melbourne

cover drive who do u play for ?
:cool:

parkcricketer;391788 said:
My mail is that there was ************ all rain in Werribee on Friday night - but it sounds like you were there so I assume you would know best.
You seem to be missing the point in your last post.
Regardless of the result - Everyone should be able to expect fair conditions for both sides. If it can be PROVED that there has been a deliberate act to avoid this, then there are big big problems - hence my previous post about neutral grounds.
With the result disputed what are the VTCA doing about this?

Agreed 100% nuetral grounds sound good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back