North A and B 09/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
re: North A and B 10/11

Well if the teams are correct on the net, it does look like Edrich isn't playing this weekend. Huge loss to WC if so, but he obviously has bigger issues to address than worrying about cricket. Good luck to him and his family.

Over_Throw_for_4;391792 said:
Troppo, even though it did rain, not getting the start is the issue and not having a wicket prepared, all other sides got starts in north A, its happened too many times up at werribee as I've heard from a few of the young players up there, all they want to do is play cricket.

looks like the st albans boys getting on this site ,wicket was prepared can i suggest with the money u spend on players ,u might want to buy a couple of umbreallas,

cutoverslips46;390907 said:
lol, YES YOU DID SAY THAT, lol
Then you had the cheek to ask him to help Sam out with his bowling!!!!!!!!!

I'll say one thing about you Filthy, you've got more front than Myers. Hope you havn't let the Curls grow too long so you can fit the helmet on that noggin of yours

Good Luck Champ

well with all the chat going on looks like i am going to watch the w/c v s/a game..
should be game on down there umps bring your red and yellow cards.

who's in the other semi ?
:cool:

7/564;391800 said:
Looks like NorthA1 an A2 Grand finals will be played at Overland res

correct, should be a good grandfinal ,well done to both sides , i am sure we will see a close game

shhhhhhhhhhh;391052 said:
well with all the chat going on looks like i am going to watch the w/c v s/a game..
should be game on down there umps bring your red and yellow cards.

who's in the other semi ?
:cool:

If the rumours going around about a couple of different clubs actions on the weekend are true, it won't be long before the Association will have to introduce neutral venues for semi finals (and possibly overnight security guards!!!) Very disappointing!

Cover_Drive;391806 said:
Any word on where the B1 final is being played????
Venue Willowbrook Reserve
Address Mickleham Road, Westmeadows
Map Reference 5 K6

And B2 is at Aber's

parkcricketer;391554 said:
If the rumours going around about a couple of different clubs actions on the weekend are true, it won't be long before the Association will have to introduce neutral venues for semi finals (and possibly overnight security guards!!!) Very disappointing!

please fill us in

7/564;391808 said:
Venue Willowbrook Reserve
Address Mickleham Road, Westmeadows
Map Reference 5 K6

And B2 is at Aber's

Thanks 7fa

Any West Meadows boys on here shed a little light on their wicket? Havent played there in years - from memory, i think i made a golden that day lol

Cant go any worse i suppose

punter 18;391560 said:
please fill us in

Check the "North Division" thread on here for comments about the Doutta vs. Strathmore semi; and the result for the WC vs. SA semi on the vtca website - No play possible but the result is disputed???

phil crea;391802 said:
correct, should be a good grandfinal ,well done to both sides , i am sure we will see a close game

bar and canteen will be open all 4 days. Should be 2 very good grand finals

EdgeOverSlips;391446 said:
And you r?? Whats news at Aber Park? Hows the side shaping up? Whats the tip...

Happy to disclose who i am in 2 weeks time after the granny; dont need to create an unneccessry banter at this stage.

Got off to a shaky start against KBs due to some good early bowling but we had steadied just as the rain came - some would say us and other top 2 sides are lucky - i would say you have 14 rounds to finish top 2.

Full compliment of players available for the granny so it will be a tough selection week for the selection committee

Good luck to Jacana

Any rumors on where the GF may be played?

parkcricketer;391561 said:
Check the "North Division" thread on here for comments about the Doutta vs. Strathmore semi; and the result for the WC vs. SA semi on the vtca website - No play possible but the result is disputed???

Any Werribee or St Albans people able to shed any light on the
disputed decision from the weekend?

cutoverslips46;391803 said:
Hey Filthy, keep them coming champ, your posts are the only one's worth reading. LOL
Giving it to St Albans after you wouldn't get a wicket up - Gold. Don't think you could get p*ss them off anymore if you tried

Good luck to both teams in the GF. Couple of big mouths in both teams so should be a very intense couple of weekends

cutoverslips.. we all know who one of the big mouths is as seen in todays posts.. but who is the other ?

my tips if anybody cares lol

m/v to win and win well, if s/a get in i dont think there heads would be in the right place after the last week they have had..
and w/c well not a lot wrong with 10 of there players but 1 bad apple makes there club look like a joke .. and not a good place to play your cricket.

b1
abber park to win outright by end of play on the 1st sunday..
great blokes great team and wish them all the best.. :cool:

weather on the weekend proves that the VTCA are a joke not having a reserve day for the Semi-finals

the Semi-final weekend to some clubs means much much more than making the GF especially with the reward of moving up a division available to the 2 GF sides

for clubs not to have a chance to prove their mettle due to wash outs proves that the decision not to have a reserve day in place is very very ordinary

He who knows best;391595 said:
weather on the weekend proves that the VTCA are a joke not having a reserve day for the Semi-finals

the Semi-final weekend to some clubs means much much more than making the GF especially with the reward of moving up a division available to the 2 GF sides

for clubs not to have a chance to prove their mettle due to wash outs proves that the decision not to have a reserve day in place is very very ordinary

Pretty simple really, finish 1 or 2 and no dramas. And even if yday was a reserve day, the weather would not have helped getting many results.
Also, over the last 20 years, how many times have we lost the majority of both days on semi weekend? I can't recall any..... Good luck to all playing in gf's iver the next 2 weekends..

shhhhhhhhhhh;391846 said:
cutoverslips.. we all know who one of the big mouths is as seen in todays posts.. but who is the other ?

my tips if anybody cares lol

m/v to win and win well, if s/a get in i dont think there heads would be in the right place after the last week they have had..
and w/c well not a lot wrong with 10 of there players but 1 bad apple makes there club look like a joke .. and not a good place to play your cricket.

b1
abber park to win outright by end of play on the 1st sunday..
great blokes great team and wish them all the best.. :cool:

Good work ssssshhhhh... Some cricket talk.
Enough of this Crea junk, played against centrals numerous times, good bunch of blokes.. No need to tarnish them all with the same brush u do the man wit a mullet.

A1- The Valley will win easily regardless of who they play, well done too all involved with the club.. Good team, and derserve to win, .:D

B1- Aber Park will maul Jacana, too good of a side with the 2 leading league wicket takers Albers and Pascu... The Jacana cc cant buy a score against them in recent times and he is all that holds any hope. Than to back them they have Riggio, Townsend Booth & Italiano with the bat...

It is park cricket we only have limited time to play so if you have an average season and scrape in the four i dont see why you should get any favour's. I dont believe we would of played yesterday anyway ! Phil should of used his mullet as a super sopper lol , surely then they would of got some play in !!!

EdgeOverSlips;391891 said:
Good work ssssshhhhh... Some cricket talk.
Enough of this Crea junk, played against centrals numerous times, good bunch of blokes.. No need to tarnish them all with the same brush u do the man wit a mullet.

A1- The Valley will win easily regardless of who they play, well done too all involved with the club.. Good team, and derserve to win, .:D

B1- Aber Park will maul Jacana, too good of a side with the 2 leading league wicket takers Albers and Pascu... The Jacana cc cant buy a score against them in recent times and he is all that holds any hope. Than to back them they have Riggio, Townsend Booth & Italiano with the bat...

A1 - Valley to win easy - to good with the bat. W/C just not good enough on the day.

A2- Tipping a close one but Valley again taking it to the last ball, old heads and experience to win it for them.

B1 - from other tips over the year dont really keep my eye on things in b grade but thought make it interesting tipping Jacana would like to see the underdog winning it for a change.

Goodluck to all finals in the next few weeks, and unlucky to the St.Albans boys im sure next season they will be coming out with all guns blazing and finishing top 2.

Its crunch time;391615 said:
It is park cricket we only have limited time to play so if you have an average season and scrape in the four i dont see why you should get any favour's. I dont believe we would of played yesterday anyway ! Phil should of used his mullet as a super sopper lol , surely then they would of got some play in !!!

What happened at Werribee Centrals?
The rain didn't start till about 2pm or 2.30 on Saturday, surely they should've been able to at least get a start.

Word is St Albains protest was dismissed.

So should be a cracker of a game this weekend between W/C and M/Vally.

W/C bowling is there strongest part and M/Vally have the batters. Tipping W/C in a very tight game

We had rain in werribee friday night and because one side of the table is a fair bit lower then the other side the rain even if we get small amounts puddles at one end and the pitch was wet on a small bit of one side therefore not being able to get the start

Over_Throw_for_4;392008 said:
A1 - Valley to win easy - to good with the bat. W/C just not good enough on the day.

A2- Tipping a close one but Valley again taking it to the last ball, old heads and experience to win it for them.

B1 - from other tips over the year dont really keep my eye on things in b grade but thought make it interesting tipping Jacana would like to see the underdog winning it for a change.

Goodluck to all finals in the next few weeks, and unlucky to the St.Albans boys im sure next season they will be coming out with all guns blazing and finishing top 2.

Hi guys,

A1- replay of last years grand final! Hopefully MV don't win the toss this time and put the opposition in. Last year they needed a result in the granny to win and they gave WC total control of the game by bowling first. Positions reversed this time around but they need to get on the front foot right from the start.

B1. Aber park look like the side to beat and have been all year! Jacana however could be a surprise given they have a strong bowling line up to combat Abers batting. Groves, bennett and the CC can cause plenty of problems but most importantly Jacana and the bears have had many tight contests over years. Personally I hope AP get over the line as it's been a long time between drinks. Good luck to the Townsend booths boys, would be a buzz to play in a premiership with your brother!!

I am sure there is going to be a lot of talk about this game (or lack of!!) in the coming days. Fact is that the pitch at werribee was wet and unplayable on saturday morning. The reason for this is why the match in being disputed.

7/564;392021 said:
Word is St Albains protest was dismissed.

So should be a cracker of a game this weekend between W/C and M/Vally.

W/C bowling is there strongest part and M/Vally have the batters. Tipping W/C in a very tight game

with the combination of harding, Pridham, & Aiyaippan's bowling should easily break through the very little batting abilities of W/C, With the strong batting of M.V backing there bowling i think it should be a one way game but you never know funny things have happened the past week.

Its crunch time;391615 said:

If Monday is Available then Why Not?
We are supposed to have a fair system. Actual cricketing ability should be the show case and also an extra days cricket would be good for both clubs encouraging an extra days trade it would good for all clubs, look at the big picture.

As mentioned before the promotion and relagation is a big big deal and traditionally just like the start of the season rain does affect us in March... I believe the top two teams are promoted for this particular reason.
I dont think it would hurt anybody if Monday was a Reserve day.

Guru14;392030 said:
Hi guys,

A1- replay of last years grand final! Hopefully MV don't win the toss this time and put the opposition in. Last year they needed a result in the granny to win and they gave WC total control of the game by bowling first. Positions reversed this time around but they need to get on the front foot right from the start.

B1. Aber park look like the side to beat and have been all year! Jacana however could be a surprise given they have a strong bowling line up to combat Abers batting. Groves, bennett and the CC can cause plenty of problems but most importantly Jacana and the bears have had many tight contests over years. Personally I hope AP get over the line as it's been a long time between drinks. Good luck to the Townsend booths boys, would be a buzz to play in a premiership with your brother!!

Good luck in your G/F Guru

no point in the game being in dispute even if they did get a start they would of played 1 hours of cricket and then none for the rest of the weekend resulting in the same result as it stands now so yer.

BigCoq;391633 said:
We are supposed to have a fair system. Actual cricketing ability should be the show case and also an extra days cricket would be good for both clubs encouraging an extra days trade it would good for all clubs, look at the big picture.

As mentioned before the promotion and relagation is a big big deal and traditionally just like the start of the season rain does affect us in March... I believe the top two teams are promoted for this particular reason.

:) Correct BC

I havent played for many a year and only support players I know through my past teams but leaving that in mind the lack of a reserve day for a Semi Final vs a 4 day GF that can be won on the back of a 1st innings result highlights a major gap

looking at Aberfeldia in Nth B1 for example they only missed 1st spot by 6 points and 2nd by less than that

the gap between Abers and Jacana was minimal at best so you have to feel for a team like them that had been the only team to beat Aber Park all year and was an equal to Jacana through the year

they still may have lost but you have to feel for a team that didnt get a chance to put themselves into a GF based upon both the weather and the lack of a spare day to look to get a result, especially when there was certainly a day that could have been used

Guru14;392030 said:

Guru im just trying to understand your thinking here.

Moonee Valley had to take 10 wickets to win last years Grand Final, they were lower on the ladder.

What do you consider the best way to do it.

Win the toss and send them in and try and get 10 wickets and chase down a score with a batting lineup that was capable of scoring fast runs.

Or

Give them the chance to bowl MVCC out and plenty of time for the rain to effect the game again and leave MVCC no hope whatsoever.

By bowling first MVCC basically took away the option of a WC drawn win. It had to be a result. Its very rare for a team to hold out for 2 days. One batsman aside MVCC could well have celebrated last years premiership.

It may not have worked but the actual cricket thinking behind it was sound.

But based on your posts on this site your just bitter towards Moonee Valley for some reason so I can understand how these advanced concepts may be foreign to you when it concerns MVCC.

Or should I just assume advanced concepts are foreign to you in general, when you no doubt respond to this post claiming to have no bias towards MVCC.

BigCoq;391633 said:

NWCA play on Monday if required.

What a wet weekend it was for cricket

Does anybody know if it's 100% that 2 sides are going up from Nth B and two going down from Nth A?
Ive heard different versions of events from a few people, just want to clarify it.

Wild Panda;392059 said:
Guru im just trying to understand your thinking here.

Moonee Valley had to take 10 wickets to win last years Grand Final, they were lower on the ladder.

What do you consider the best way to do it.

Win the toss and send them in and try and get 10 wickets and chase down a score with a batting lineup that was capable of scoring fast runs.

Or

Give them the chance to bowl MVCC out and plenty of time for the rain to effect the game again and leave MVCC no hope whatsoever.

By bowling first MVCC basically took away the option of a WC drawn win. It had to be a result. Its very rare for a team to hold out for 2 days. One batsman aside MVCC could well have celebrated last years premiership.

It may not have worked but the actual cricket thinking behind it was sound.

But based on your posts on this site your just bitter towards Moonee Valley in general for some reason so I can understand how these advanced concepts may be foreign to you when it concerns MVCC.

Wild panda who controls the game, the batting side or the bowling side. If you were to bat first wouldn't you control the tempo of the game if you were confident with your batting line up? Make a score you think would win you the game and take 10 wickets in the time you leave yourself. Your are definately a greater chance to bowl a side out when they are trying to survive!! The wicket was a road and the quality of batsman you have(one in particular) should have ensured you were in able to post a score and maybe of had a crack before stumps on the first day. In the end WC took control of the first day and basically batted you guys out of the game, putting pressure on your bats on the second day.

Pretty simple equation I would have thought given you had to win the game. I understand were you are coming from and the fact 2 days were washed out but surely with the piece of wood in your hands allows you to do that. WC were 1/113 & 3/162 during the day. It was always going to be tough to win from there!

Good luck to MV as I think they should win the game and reverse the result from last year. Wild Panda just win the toss and bat son!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back