North A and B 09/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
re: North A and B 10/11

Guru14;392030 said:
Hi guys,

A1- replay of last years grand final! Hopefully MV don't win the toss this time and put the opposition in. Last year they needed a result in the granny to win and they gave WC total control of the game by bowling first. Positions reversed this time around but they need to get on the front foot right from the start.

B1. Aber park look like the side to beat and have been all year! Jacana however could be a surprise given they have a strong bowling line up to combat Abers batting. Groves, bennett and the CC can cause plenty of problems but most importantly Jacana and the bears have had many tight contests over years. Personally I hope AP get over the line as it's been a long time between drinks. Good luck to the Townsend booths boys, would be a buzz to play in a premiership with your brother!!

Good luck in your G/F Guru

7/564;392351 said:
It also helps when you play seddon and C/Burn twice instead of 2 of the top 5teams like St Albains did

u can only play the teams the leaugue give us ,its amasing we are the only washed out game and now we decide who we play , get over it boys we are in a granny and thats all that matters to our club

phil crea;392355 said:
u can only play the teams the leaugue give us ,its amasing we are the only washed out game and now we decide who we play , get over it boys we are in a granny and thats all that matters to our club

I agree you can only play who the league gives you, thats why i don't like a 10 team comp 8 or 12 are best.

Anyway good luck to all that's playing this weekend. I will be down there for all 4 days hoping it's a very good game of cricket

Phill it is a different pitch to the one you played on last time at east keilor, the wickets are looking great should prove an even contest with bat and ball

Guru14;392030 said:
A1- replay of last years grand final! Hopefully MV don't win the toss this time and put the opposition in. Last year they needed a result in the granny to win and they gave WC total control of the game by bowling first. Positions reversed this time around but they need to get on the front foot right from the start.

Guru im just trying to understand your thinking here.

Moonee Valley had to take 10 wickets to win last years Grand Final, they were lower on the ladder.

What do you consider the best way to do it.

Win the toss and send them in and try and get 10 wickets and chase down a score with a batting lineup that was capable of scoring fast runs.

Or

Give them the chance to bowl MVCC out and plenty of time for the rain to effect the game again and leave MVCC no hope whatsoever.

By bowling first MVCC basically took away the option of a WC drawn win. It had to be a result. Its very rare for a team to hold out for 2 days. One batsman aside MVCC could well have celebrated last years premiership.

It may not have worked but the actual cricket thinking behind it was sound.

But based on your posts on this site your just bitter towards Moonee Valley for some reason so I can understand how these advanced concepts may be foreign to you when it concerns MVCC.

Or should I just assume advanced concepts are foreign to you in general, when you no doubt respond to this post claiming to have no bias towards MVCC.

7/564;392359 said:
I agree you can only play who the league gives you, thats why i don't like a 10 team comp 8 or 12 are best.

Anyway good luck to all that's playing this weekend. I will be down there for all 4 days hoping it's a very good game of cricket

Phill it is a different pitch to the one you played on last time at east keilor, the wickets are looking great should prove an even contest with bat and ball

i am glad it will be a good pitch , but i am sure our 2 quicks can bowl on concrete and still scare batsmen

Wild Panda;392059 said:
Guru im just trying to understand your thinking here.

Moonee Valley had to take 10 wickets to win last years Grand Final, they were lower on the ladder.

What do you consider the best way to do it.

Win the toss and send them in and try and get 10 wickets and chase down a score with a batting lineup that was capable of scoring fast runs.

Or

Give them the chance to bowl MVCC out and plenty of time for the rain to effect the game again and leave MVCC no hope whatsoever.

By bowling first MVCC basically took away the option of a WC drawn win. It had to be a result. Its very rare for a team to hold out for 2 days. One batsman aside MVCC could well have celebrated last years premiership.

It may not have worked but the actual cricket thinking behind it was sound.

But based on your posts on this site your just bitter towards Moonee Valley in general for some reason so I can understand how these advanced concepts may be foreign to you when it concerns MVCC.

Wild panda who controls the game, the batting side or the bowling side. If you were to bat first wouldn't you control the tempo of the game if you were confident with your batting line up? Make a score you think would win you the game and take 10 wickets in the time you leave yourself. Your are definately a greater chance to bowl a side out when they are trying to survive!! The wicket was a road and the quality of batsman you have(one in particular) should have ensured you were in able to post a score and maybe of had a crack before stumps on the first day. In the end WC took control of the first day and basically batted you guys out of the game, putting pressure on your bats on the second day.

Pretty simple equation I would have thought given you had to win the game. I understand were you are coming from and the fact 2 days were washed out but surely with the piece of wood in your hands allows you to do that. WC were 1/113 & 3/162 during the day. It was always going to be tough to win from there!

Good luck to MV as I think they should win the game and reverse the result from last year. Wild Panda just win the toss and bat son!

phil crea;392389 said:

It is cricket, so is when Maca bounced you other young players in the 1s and yet you took it out of proportion. think twice when you come accross the same situation and tred lightly.

I have to disagree with the people on here saying Aber Park will 'smash' Jacana in the GF.
I think A/Park will win the game as well, but I think it will be a close contest between two fairly evenly matched sides.
Remember last time they played, Jacana actually won on 1st innings before A/Park rolled them for 68 (i think?) and won outright on the 2nd day. Now sure Jacana have had their problems with the bat at times, but I don't see them getting blown away for less than 100 in a game like this.
If they can get together anything between 160 & 200 they'll reckon they're a big chance to win, and if they can see off Pascu & Albers relatively unscathed then a score of 220+ is possible.
It should be a really interesting game - good luck to all participating and congratulations for getting this far!

phil crea;392380 said:
st albans and hoppers by a mile , united need to pick up bowlers and seddon if they keep grant , the 2 sides that are comeing up jacana i like a park just 2 old wont win a game in a grade

Phil, probably not enough respect on the aberfeldie park side of things. Give credit where credit is due, they were probably a toss of a coin from playing you in granny last year. I would think you guys would still have nightmares about Pascu and his 10 fa match a couple of years ago. You were up in arms about the lack of respect for your side earlier in the year, so don't dismiss a side playing in their 3 finals series in 4 years. Must have something

phil crea;392275 said:
good morning , good luck to all sides in the grand final ,thats why we train hard during the year to be part of this weekend , hope the weather stays good so we can see sides show there class

Phil, I have to disagree with you on one front when it comes to kids. People go into games carrying injuries, but once you cross the white line, every player is fit and ready to go. No excuses. It's the same with a kid. Once that kid crosses that white line its fair game. You of all people know what it's like to play the game hard so enough about looking after young Sam etc etc. If there captain believes they are good enough to play 1st's cricket, then FAIR GAME.

On another note, has anybody considered what might happen next week if Werribee gets first innings points this week. Just something to ponder boys, just something to ponder.

Lastly, good luck to all players playing this weekend, and yes, that includes you Phil. May Moonee Valley win, I mean may the best team win

CheeQuee;392074 said:
I have to disagree with the people on here saying Aber Park will 'smash' Jacana in the GF.
I think A/Park will win the game as well, but I think it will be a close contest between two fairly evenly matched sides.
Remember last time they played, Jacana actually won on 1st innings before A/Park rolled them for 68 (i think?) and won outright on the 2nd day. Now sure Jacana have had their problems with the bat at times, but I don't see them getting blown away for less than 100 in a game like this.
If they can get together anything between 160 & 200 they'll reckon they're a big chance to win, and if they can see off Pascu & Albers relatively unscathed then a score of 220+ is possible.
It should be a really interesting game - good luck to all participating and congratulations for getting this far!

Great summary CheeQuee...

Although i am of the belief A.Park will smash Jacana lol..

If you look through the stats you will struggle to find a game in where both of either Pascu or Albers havent performed, as the stats indicate 44 and 42 wickets repsectivaly.. They both bowl a truck load of overs, the only way where you will get the upper hand is if you attack them from the onset, and i doubt Jacanas top order has the skill to do this.

If Jacana is to win, it will be be there 2 key bowlers who do it for them, from all accounts Bennett and Groves thrive playing against the Parkers, and I cant recall seeing an Aber Park bloke make a score over 50 against them for years.. I may be time for Italiano to step up, or young A.Riggio to continue on with his seasons form....

An interesting clash, I may even make to the trip down to Westy to check out the action !!!! :cool:

Guru14;392401 said:
Phil, probably not enough respect on the aberfeldie park side of things. Give credit where credit is due, they were probably a toss of a coin from playing you in granny last year. I would think you guys would still have nightmares about Pascu and his 10 fa match a couple of years ago. You were up in arms about the lack of respect for your side earlier in the year, so don't dismiss a side playing in their 3 finals series in 4 years. Must have something
not bagging the club ,just cant see enough young players comeing through, pascu is a very good bowler thats why st albans have signed him up for next year

EdgeOverSlips;392080 said:
Great summary CheeQuee...

Although i am of the belief A.Park will smash Jacana lol..

If you look through the stats you will struggle to find a game in where both of either Pascu or Albers havent performed, as the stats indicate 44 and 42 wickets repsectivaly.. They both bowl a truck load of overs, the only way where you will get the upper hand is if you attack them from the onset, and i doubt Jacanas top order has the skill to do this.

If Jacana is to win, it will be be there 2 key bowlers who do it for them, from all accounts Bennett and Groves thrive playing against the Parkers, and I cant recall seeing an Aber Park bloke make a score over 50 against them for years.. I may be time for Italiano to step up, or young A.Riggio to continue on with his seasons form....

An interesting clash, I may even make to the trip down to Westy to check out the action !!!! :cool:

I think Bennett & the skipper are the keys for Jacana, it's a big ground out at Westy (similar to Jacana really) and Bennett hardly ever goes for runs, so if he can tie down an end with Groves and the Skipper bowling at the other end and hitting good areas I think they can keep A/Park's batsmen in check.

On the flip side A/parks two big guns Pascu & Albers would fancy themselves against Jacana's top order, who don't mind going for a big shot or 2. The middle order is where it's make or break with the Skipper and his two Sri Lankan mates who have all gone alright with the bat at times this season.

I remember Westmeadows being in Nth B1 a few years ago but the track not being too flash at all, obviously this has improved a lot for them to be hosting the GF?

phil crea;392472 said:
not bagging the club ,just cant see enough young players comeing through, pascu is a very good bowler thats why st albans have signed him up for next year

hahaha thats a funny comment fella dont think thats happening

Opening_Bat;392075 said:
Seeing as neither sides have changed dramatically, W/C

No Perea or Aiyappan for the Valley, No Edrich for Centrals......I would lean towards saying they have changed a fair bit. If the Valley can post 150+ W/C are going to struggle.

2time;392088 said:
No Perea or Aiyappan for the Valley, No Edrich for Centrals......I would lean towards saying they have changed a fair bit. If the Valley can post 150+ W/C are going to struggle.

perera and aiyappan are playing. edrich i am sure would be playing too.. but 100 percent valley 2 are playing..:cool:

A1: Pretty simple for me...Edrich plays Centrals win, he doesn't Moonee Valley. Great player, can win premiership on his own back. Good luck to both sides.

A2: Centrals comfortably i would think, undefeated all year and a very experienced captain who i think would actualy bolster there 1st xi batting stocks. But oh well.

B1: Abers park deserve to win and should. Good bunch of blokes. Albers to win it for them with both bat and ball.

Good luck to all teams. It was a shame with the weather last weekend but after all that has been said these teams finished higher on the ladder and they deserve this previledge.

phil crea;391797 said:
looks like the st albans boys getting on this site ,wicket was prepared can i suggest with the money u spend on players ,u might want to buy a couple of umbreallas,

bede rocks
:cool:

phil crea;392472 said:

Well, i can say that i had the great pleasure of witnessing the greatest knock i have seen in my 26 years of cricket - Matt Albers scored 128 not out today in a classy and chanceless innings - it has been said by many on here before, but the bloke is a ****ing genious

shhhhhhhhhhh;392231 said:
bede rocks
:cool:

good morning , good luck to all sides in the grand final ,thats why we train hard during the year to be part of this weekend , hope the weather stays good so we can see sides show there class

phil crea;392275 said:

For your sake Phil seeing you finished lower than Moonee Valley on the ladder you would want to hope the weather stays good or you might miss out but i'm sure you already know that rule....Edrich playing this week mate or are you trying to pull a "suprise" & not name him then he shows up to strike fear into Moonee Valley???

phil crea;392275 said:

Well done Phil getting ur club into another Granny thats the only measurement that counts mate.

If the General is hated but wins the war do we remember the General for being hated or for winning the War?

Gentlemen ur opinion on Phil counts for zero he will be judged on what success he bring to W/C full stop.

Get over the whole is it right is it fair crap its sport play hard and leave it on the field its the Australian way.

I assume by that comment Big Coq that u have never had the pleasure of encountering Phil on the cricket field. As this forum proves, almost all that have seem to have a fairly common view.........

As a side note, if his way is the Australian way, then I better update my passport

Horrible weather last week but sides will at least get 2 full days play in this weekend so most GF's should get results which is pleasing. Terrible feeling to have a GF ruined by weather.

Nth Division - Doutta just needed a bigger 1st dig, there bowlers were always a chance to knock Greenvale top 3 bats Innes,Courts,MacDonald out cheaply at least once.
They missed a teerific opportunity i reckon. 3/37 basically 3/3 need some magic big time.

Nth A Grannie - well done to MV thus far but game still on A perrera can win it with a soild knock. Get him then i reckon WC are a massive chance so nicely poised.

Also MV batter coming in at 8/9 bloke by the name of Chaundhry magnificient effort 60+ in a GF, i think this is the 2nd or 3rd time this season he has come in very late and made a match winning 50 +, why is he batting at no 8/9, what i have seen of MV he's much better than alot of fellas batting before him. Still i am tipping he has alot of work to do if a perrera dooesn't fire.

NTH B - Matt Albers u champ! 128* he should be in sen division, a quality premiership winning district player from richmond cc and runiing around in NTH A/B - just too good!

phil crea;392275 said:

Congrats Phil on getting your side to another Grand Final. I guess the bright side of finishing second and not first will be that you will get a full nights sleep this week and be well rested for 4 days of cricket. I doubt very much you'll be up half the night as you were this time last week enjoying your new role at the club as landscaper. Rumour has it, you thought due to Werribee not getting any rain on Friday that the deck needed that tad bit more water so you kindly donated your time to the club at the mere hour of 1:00am to douse the pitch with water so it would hold together for both days of cricket. Very commendable I would have thought.

I hope when you signed your new 4 year deal a month ago you get reimbursed for such generous acts to the club. I have heard clubs play with captain / coach as the same person. Werribee going that one step further appointing Phil Crea as Hose holder / Coach.

Was a very interesting game of cricket over the weekend in NorthA. M/Valley got of to a great start 1 for 70 odd then lost a few wickets to be 7 for 143.
Gauci and Chaudhary batted great waited for the wright ball then just hit it.

7 Dropped catches might come back to hurt W/C and they have already dropped one in the second inning's.

W/C bowling is very quick but i think they bowled to short M/Valley let alot of balls go , if they can get them playing at more balls next weekend could turn into a very exciting last two days of cricket.

M/Valley will be looking to make at least 200 in there second dig and if they do i cannot see W/C chasing down 280 to win. W/C need to bowl M/Valley for under 130 to be any chance i think

BigCoq;392287 said:
Well done Phil getting ur club into another Granny thats the only measurement that counts mate.

If the General is hated but wins the war do we remember the General for being hated or for winning the War?

Gentlemen ur opinion on Phil counts for zero he will be judged on what success he bring to W/C full stop.

Get over the whole is it right is it fair crap its sport play hard and leave it on the field its the Australian way.

thanks big cog i am sure we will go well

mas cambios;392859 said:
From now on if you wish to speak about Phil Crea direct yourself to here - http://www.bigcricket.com/forum/t75265/

Any posts on the matter in this thread or any of the other general VTCA ones will be deleted or moved.

mate i understand why you have done this... but all this is just massaging his ego.

Best way to stop posts about this bloke is for folks to stop posting and ignore the bloke. (when the issue is non cricket related).

Let him only talk cric.

2time;392277 said:
For your sake Phil seeing you finished lower than Moonee Valley on the ladder you would want to hope the weather stays good or you might miss out but i'm sure you already know that rule....Edrich playing this week mate or are you trying to pull a "suprise" & not name him then he shows up to strike fear into Moonee Valley???

full side this week ,

mas cambios;392859 said:
From now on if you wish to speak about Phil Crea direct yourself to here - http://www.bigcricket.com/forum/t75265/

Any posts on the matter in this thread or any of the other general VTCA ones will be deleted or moved.

Why give him his own thread now??? This bloke has been spruiking & carrying on like a clown for near on 6mts & now his about to cop his right whack you threaten to delete them....because your sick of them. Here's a solution to the problem why don't you delete Phil? However i see this as a problem, Phil is a clown & he's never dened it either but at least he has a crack. It'll only go on for another week or so, why stop him from getting what's coming to him? He might have the last laugh & Centrals might get i up - i doubt it but it could happen. Ordinary form Mas.....ordinary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back