North A and B 09/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
re: North A and B 10/11

CheeQuee;391663 said:
Does anybody know if it's 100% that 2 sides are going up from Nth B and two going down from Nth A?
Ive heard different versions of events from a few people, just want to clarify it.

Why not check the Rule Book - E 2.5, 2.6 & 2.7 might help

I have to disagree with the people on here saying Aber Park will 'smash' Jacana in the GF.
I think A/Park will win the game as well, but I think it will be a close contest between two fairly evenly matched sides.
Remember last time they played, Jacana actually won on 1st innings before A/Park rolled them for 68 (i think?) and won outright on the 2nd day. Now sure Jacana have had their problems with the bat at times, but I don't see them getting blown away for less than 100 in a game like this.
If they can get together anything between 160 & 200 they'll reckon they're a big chance to win, and if they can see off Pascu & Albers relatively unscathed then a score of 220+ is possible.
It should be a really interesting game - good luck to all participating and congratulations for getting this far!

troppo;391635 said:
no point in the game being in dispute even if they did get a start they would of played 1 hours of cricket and then none for the rest of the weekend resulting in the same result as it stands now so yer.

My mail is that there was ************ all rain in Werribee on Friday night - but it sounds like you were there so I assume you would know best.
You seem to be missing the point in your last post.
Regardless of the result - Everyone should be able to expect fair conditions for both sides. If it can be PROVED that there has been a deliberate act to avoid this, then there are big big problems - hence my previous post about neutral grounds.
With the result disputed what are the VTCA doing about this?

CheeQuee;392074 said:
I have to disagree with the people on here saying Aber Park will 'smash' Jacana in the GF.
I think A/Park will win the game as well, but I think it will be a close contest between two fairly evenly matched sides.
Remember last time they played, Jacana actually won on 1st innings before A/Park rolled them for 68 (i think?) and won outright on the 2nd day. Now sure Jacana have had their problems with the bat at times, but I don't see them getting blown away for less than 100 in a game like this.
If they can get together anything between 160 & 200 they'll reckon they're a big chance to win, and if they can see off Pascu & Albers relatively unscathed then a score of 220+ is possible.
It should be a really interesting game - good luck to all participating and congratulations for getting this far!

Great summary CheeQuee...

Although i am of the belief A.Park will smash Jacana lol..

If you look through the stats you will struggle to find a game in where both of either Pascu or Albers havent performed, as the stats indicate 44 and 42 wickets repsectivaly.. They both bowl a truck load of overs, the only way where you will get the upper hand is if you attack them from the onset, and i doubt Jacanas top order has the skill to do this.

If Jacana is to win, it will be be there 2 key bowlers who do it for them, from all accounts Bennett and Groves thrive playing against the Parkers, and I cant recall seeing an Aber Park bloke make a score over 50 against them for years.. I may be time for Italiano to step up, or young A.Riggio to continue on with his seasons form....

An interesting clash, I may even make to the trip down to Westy to check out the action !!!! :cool:

troppo;391635 said:
no point in the game being in dispute even if they did get a start they would of played 1 hours of cricket and then none for the rest of the weekend resulting in the same result as it stands now so yer.

Troppo, even though it did rain, not getting the start is the issue and not having a wicket prepared, all other sides got starts in north A, its happened too many times up at werribee as I've heard from a few of the young players up there, all they want to do is play cricket and obviously phil you are ristricting them from that and teaching them bad etiquette definition just incase: rules governing socially acceptable behavior.

EdgeOverSlips;392080 said:
Great summary CheeQuee...

Although i am of the belief A.Park will smash Jacana lol..

If you look through the stats you will struggle to find a game in where both of either Pascu or Albers havent performed, as the stats indicate 44 and 42 wickets repsectivaly.. They both bowl a truck load of overs, the only way where you will get the upper hand is if you attack them from the onset, and i doubt Jacanas top order has the skill to do this.

If Jacana is to win, it will be be there 2 key bowlers who do it for them, from all accounts Bennett and Groves thrive playing against the Parkers, and I cant recall seeing an Aber Park bloke make a score over 50 against them for years.. I may be time for Italiano to step up, or young A.Riggio to continue on with his seasons form....

An interesting clash, I may even make to the trip down to Westy to check out the action !!!! :cool:

I think Bennett & the skipper are the keys for Jacana, it's a big ground out at Westy (similar to Jacana really) and Bennett hardly ever goes for runs, so if he can tie down an end with Groves and the Skipper bowling at the other end and hitting good areas I think they can keep A/Park's batsmen in check.

On the flip side A/parks two big guns Pascu & Albers would fancy themselves against Jacana's top order, who don't mind going for a big shot or 2. The middle order is where it's make or break with the Skipper and his two Sri Lankan mates who have all gone alright with the bat at times this season.

I remember Westmeadows being in Nth B1 a few years ago but the track not being too flash at all, obviously this has improved a lot for them to be hosting the GF?

parkcricketer;391788 said:
My mail is that there was ************ all rain in Werribee on Friday night - but it sounds like you were there so I assume you would know best.
You seem to be missing the point in your last post.
Regardless of the result - Everyone should be able to expect fair conditions for both sides. If it can be PROVED that there has been a deliberate act to avoid this, then there are big big problems - hence my previous post about neutral grounds.
With the result disputed what are the VTCA doing about this?

Agreed 100% nuetral grounds sound good.

Opening_Bat;392075 said:
Seeing as neither sides have changed dramatically, W/C

No Perea or Aiyappan for the Valley, No Edrich for Centrals......I would lean towards saying they have changed a fair bit. If the Valley can post 150+ W/C are going to struggle.

Over_Throw_for_4;391792 said:
Troppo, even though it did rain, not getting the start is the issue and not having a wicket prepared, all other sides got starts in north A, its happened too many times up at werribee as I've heard from a few of the young players up there, all they want to do is play cricket.

looks like the st albans boys getting on this site ,wicket was prepared can i suggest with the money u spend on players ,u might want to buy a couple of umbreallas,

2time;392088 said:
No Perea or Aiyappan for the Valley, No Edrich for Centrals......I would lean towards saying they have changed a fair bit. If the Valley can post 150+ W/C are going to struggle.

perera and aiyappan are playing. edrich i am sure would be playing too.. but 100 percent valley 2 are playing..:cool:

A1: Pretty simple for me...Edrich plays Centrals win, he doesn't Moonee Valley. Great player, can win premiership on his own back. Good luck to both sides.

A2: Centrals comfortably i would think, undefeated all year and a very experienced captain who i think would actualy bolster there 1st xi batting stocks. But oh well.

B1: Abers park deserve to win and should. Good bunch of blokes. Albers to win it for them with both bat and ball.

Good luck to all teams. It was a shame with the weather last weekend but after all that has been said these teams finished higher on the ladder and they deserve this previledge.

7/564;391800 said:
Looks like NorthA1 an A2 Grand finals will be played at Overland res

correct, should be a good grandfinal ,well done to both sides , i am sure we will see a close game

phil crea;391797 said:
looks like the st albans boys getting on this site ,wicket was prepared can i suggest with the money u spend on players ,u might want to buy a couple of umbreallas,

bede rocks
:cool:

shhhhhhhhhhh;392231 said:
bede rocks
:cool:

good morning , good luck to all sides in the grand final ,thats why we train hard during the year to be part of this weekend , hope the weather stays good so we can see sides show there class

Cover_Drive;391806 said:
Any word on where the B1 final is being played????
Venue Willowbrook Reserve
Address Mickleham Road, Westmeadows
Map Reference 5 K6

And B2 is at Aber's

phil crea;392275 said:
good morning , good luck to all sides in the grand final ,thats why we train hard during the year to be part of this weekend , hope the weather stays good so we can see sides show there class

For your sake Phil seeing you finished lower than Moonee Valley on the ladder you would want to hope the weather stays good or you might miss out but i'm sure you already know that rule....Edrich playing this week mate or are you trying to pull a "suprise" & not name him then he shows up to strike fear into Moonee Valley???

7/564;391808 said:
Venue Willowbrook Reserve
Address Mickleham Road, Westmeadows
Map Reference 5 K6

And B2 is at Aber's

Thanks 7fa

Any West Meadows boys on here shed a little light on their wicket? Havent played there in years - from memory, i think i made a golden that day lol

Cant go any worse i suppose

phil crea;392275 said:

Well done Phil getting ur club into another Granny thats the only measurement that counts mate.

If the General is hated but wins the war do we remember the General for being hated or for winning the War?

Gentlemen ur opinion on Phil counts for zero he will be judged on what success he bring to W/C full stop.

Get over the whole is it right is it fair crap its sport play hard and leave it on the field its the Australian way.

phil crea;391802 said:
correct, should be a good grandfinal ,well done to both sides , i am sure we will see a close game

bar and canteen will be open all 4 days. Should be 2 very good grand finals

I assume by that comment Big Coq that u have never had the pleasure of encountering Phil on the cricket field. As this forum proves, almost all that have seem to have a fairly common view.........

As a side note, if his way is the Australian way, then I better update my passport

Horrible weather last week but sides will at least get 2 full days play in this weekend so most GF's should get results which is pleasing. Terrible feeling to have a GF ruined by weather.

phil crea;392275 said:

Congrats Phil on getting your side to another Grand Final. I guess the bright side of finishing second and not first will be that you will get a full nights sleep this week and be well rested for 4 days of cricket. I doubt very much you'll be up half the night as you were this time last week enjoying your new role at the club as landscaper. Rumour has it, you thought due to Werribee not getting any rain on Friday that the deck needed that tad bit more water so you kindly donated your time to the club at the mere hour of 1:00am to douse the pitch with water so it would hold together for both days of cricket. Very commendable I would have thought.

I hope when you signed your new 4 year deal a month ago you get reimbursed for such generous acts to the club. I have heard clubs play with captain / coach as the same person. Werribee going that one step further appointing Phil Crea as Hose holder / Coach.

cutoverslips46;391803 said:
Hey Filthy, keep them coming champ, your posts are the only one's worth reading. LOL
Giving it to St Albans after you wouldn't get a wicket up - Gold. Don't think you could get p*ss them off anymore if you tried

Good luck to both teams in the GF. Couple of big mouths in both teams so should be a very intense couple of weekends

cutoverslips.. we all know who one of the big mouths is as seen in todays posts.. but who is the other ?

my tips if anybody cares lol

m/v to win and win well, if s/a get in i dont think there heads would be in the right place after the last week they have had..
and w/c well not a lot wrong with 10 of there players but 1 bad apple makes there club look like a joke .. and not a good place to play your cricket.

b1
abber park to win outright by end of play on the 1st sunday..
great blokes great team and wish them all the best.. :cool:

BigCoq;392287 said:
Well done Phil getting ur club into another Granny thats the only measurement that counts mate.

If the General is hated but wins the war do we remember the General for being hated or for winning the War?

Gentlemen ur opinion on Phil counts for zero he will be judged on what success he bring to W/C full stop.

Get over the whole is it right is it fair crap its sport play hard and leave it on the field its the Australian way.

thanks big cog i am sure we will go well

2time;392277 said:
For your sake Phil seeing you finished lower than Moonee Valley on the ladder you would want to hope the weather stays good or you might miss out but i'm sure you already know that rule....Edrich playing this week mate or are you trying to pull a "suprise" & not name him then he shows up to strike fear into Moonee Valley???

full side this week ,

shhhhhhhhhhh;391846 said:
cutoverslips.. we all know who one of the big mouths is as seen in todays posts.. but who is the other ?

my tips if anybody cares lol

m/v to win and win well, if s/a get in i dont think there heads would be in the right place after the last week they have had..
and w/c well not a lot wrong with 10 of there players but 1 bad apple makes there club look like a joke .. and not a good place to play your cricket.

b1
abber park to win outright by end of play on the 1st sunday..
great blokes great team and wish them all the best.. :cool:

Good work ssssshhhhh... Some cricket talk.
Enough of this Crea junk, played against centrals numerous times, good bunch of blokes.. No need to tarnish them all with the same brush u do the man wit a mullet.

A1- The Valley will win easily regardless of who they play, well done too all involved with the club.. Good team, and derserve to win, .:D

B1- Aber Park will maul Jacana, too good of a side with the 2 leading league wicket takers Albers and Pascu... The Jacana cc cant buy a score against them in recent times and he is all that holds any hope. Than to back them they have Riggio, Townsend Booth & Italiano with the bat...

EdgeOverSlips;391891 said:
Good work ssssshhhhh... Some cricket talk.
Enough of this Crea junk, played against centrals numerous times, good bunch of blokes.. No need to tarnish them all with the same brush u do the man wit a mullet.

A1- The Valley will win easily regardless of who they play, well done too all involved with the club.. Good team, and derserve to win, .:D

B1- Aber Park will maul Jacana, too good of a side with the 2 leading league wicket takers Albers and Pascu... The Jacana cc cant buy a score against them in recent times and he is all that holds any hope. Than to back them they have Riggio, Townsend Booth & Italiano with the bat...

A1 - Valley to win easy - to good with the bat. W/C just not good enough on the day.

A2- Tipping a close one but Valley again taking it to the last ball, old heads and experience to win it for them.

B1 - from other tips over the year dont really keep my eye on things in b grade but thought make it interesting tipping Jacana would like to see the underdog winning it for a change.

Goodluck to all finals in the next few weeks, and unlucky to the St.Albans boys im sure next season they will be coming out with all guns blazing and finishing top 2.

BigCoq;392287 said:

Leave it on the field??????
Your not talking about the same bloke who sooked up on here about his seconds being called cheats are ya????

Word is St Albains protest was dismissed.

So should be a cracker of a game this weekend between W/C and M/Vally.

W/C bowling is there strongest part and M/Vally have the batters. Tipping W/C in a very tight game

Good luck to all players this weekend, should be some great games on offer.

A1- I would love to see the Valley take this one out, there a great bunch of blokes who play the game in the right spirit. I feel with W/C bowling being so strong, it may just give them the edge. I'de hate to read this site if centrals to get up, mullet head might crash the server with his posts

told use lol
another flag thats wot we play for lol
got a spare hose lol

B1- Gunna be a cracker of a game, they always produce tight contests that can go either way. I like Aber Park in this one

Over_Throw_for_4;392008 said:
A1 - Valley to win easy - to good with the bat. W/C just not good enough on the day.

A2- Tipping a close one but Valley again taking it to the last ball, old heads and experience to win it for them.

B1 - from other tips over the year dont really keep my eye on things in b grade but thought make it interesting tipping Jacana would like to see the underdog winning it for a change.

Goodluck to all finals in the next few weeks, and unlucky to the St.Albans boys im sure next season they will be coming out with all guns blazing and finishing top 2.

Hi guys,

A1- replay of last years grand final! Hopefully MV don't win the toss this time and put the opposition in. Last year they needed a result in the granny to win and they gave WC total control of the game by bowling first. Positions reversed this time around but they need to get on the front foot right from the start.

B1. Aber park look like the side to beat and have been all year! Jacana however could be a surprise given they have a strong bowling line up to combat Abers batting. Groves, bennett and the CC can cause plenty of problems but most importantly Jacana and the bears have had many tight contests over years. Personally I hope AP get over the line as it's been a long time between drinks. Good luck to the Townsend booths boys, would be a buzz to play in a premiership with your brother!!

2time;392346 said:
If your referring to the rain causing disappointment your correct for the first time Phil. Won't rain Phil because it's not at your home ground & you won't be able to hide this time...Are u sleeping a bit easier mate knowing Dunn & McCammond didn't get to have a crack at you? U can be honest Phil people might actually believe u this time...

yeah a bit dissapointed we didnt play last week , but every club knows if u finish in the top 2 , u go through if it rains , so we as a club made sure we finished in the top 2

7/564;392021 said:
Word is St Albains protest was dismissed.

So should be a cracker of a game this weekend between W/C and M/Vally.

W/C bowling is there strongest part and M/Vally have the batters. Tipping W/C in a very tight game

with the combination of harding, Pridham, & Aiyaippan's bowling should easily break through the very little batting abilities of W/C, With the strong batting of M.V backing there bowling i think it should be a one way game but you never know funny things have happened the past week.

phil crea;392350 said:
yeah a bit dissapointed we didnt play last week , but every club knows if u finish in the top 2 , u go through if it rains , so we as a club made sure we finished in the top 2

It also helps when you play seddon and C/Burn twice instead of 2 of the top 5teams like St Albans did

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back