North A and B 09/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
re: North A and B 10/11

ROY G BIV;394586 said:
:) Mate you ain't showing much humility either, especailly when you ask others to show some.

I take my best wishes/Good luck to MV in NTH Division back :)

you say:- You all ain't as good as you think you are!!!
Ofcourse not, i agree its embarrasing playing in a grade where Mvalley wins a flag, a side which with the exception of 1 player A Perrera can't bat, and when it comes to bowling - with the exception of pridham and to lesser extent Raj can't bowl

I admit NTH A is rubbish (a side like MV winning proves that) no one to my knowledge on this thread said it was good? (or as good as it used to be)

When it was good the likes of MValley didnt' last long, remember those seasons? MV just like Abelfeldie struggled to win a game.

In season 2010/11 you'll findout what NTH A used to be like, almost all the clubs competing in NTH Division now once made up a strong NTH A comp,i wouldn't be surprised to see the likes of you back in A in 2011/12 especailly if NTH Division remains a 10 team comp.
Your right roy.. A bit of humility goes along way. Probably one of the young fellas with a well earned bellyfull.. :) we went and are still going hard. However you dont strike me as a silly chap so im sure you know as well as i do that flags in ANY grade are not won by sides with only 2 players. WC only had 2 players and they lost comprehensivly..St Albans recruited a swag of quality players and didnt make the grandfinal.EK had Bell and import and didnt make the 4. TL had jones and markham with same result. You dont win grand finals on a season reliant on 2 blokes. In fact we had 4 different blokes ton up this season and a number 8 thats scored 50 or more 4 times i think including first innings of grand final. Also Harding took more than 30 wickets (missed 2 or 3 games).. As for next season like all clubs we will look at what we need and recruit accordingly. With our 2nds winning flag and our 3rds (containing 8 players under 17) and 4ths making grand finals and our under 16s winning a flag hopefully we hole our own in north next season. Anyway back to the bar for me..

Nth Division - Doutta just needed a bigger 1st dig, there bowlers were always a chance to knock Greenvale top 3 bats Innes,Courts,MacDonald out cheaply at least once.
They missed a teerific opportunity i reckon. 3/37 basically 3/3 need some magic big time.

Nth A Grannie - well done to MV thus far but game still on A perrera can win it with a soild knock. Get him then i reckon WC are a massive chance so nicely poised.

Also MV batter coming in at 8/9 bloke by the name of Chaundhry magnificient effort 60+ in a GF, i think this is the 2nd or 3rd time this season he has come in very late and made a match winning 50 +, why is he batting at no 8/9, what i have seen of MV he's much better than alot of fellas batting before him. Still i am tipping he has alot of work to do if a perrera dooesn't fire.

NTH B - Matt Albers u champ! 128* he should be in sen division, a quality premiership winning district player from richmond cc and runiing around in NTH A/B - just too good!

koh phi phi 3;394593 said:
Your right roy.. A bit of humility goes along way. Probably one of the young fellas with a well earned bellyfull.. :) we went and are still going hard. However you dont strike me as a silly chap so im sure you know as well as i do that flags in ANY grade are not won by sides with only 2 players. WC only had 2 players and they lost comprehensivly..St Albans recruited a swag of quality players and didnt make the grandfinal.EK had Bell and import and didnt make the 4. TL had jones and markham with same result. You dont win grand finals on a season reliant on 2 blokes. In fact we had 4 different blokes ton up this season and a number 8 thats scored 50 or more 4 times i think including first innings of grand final. Also Harding took more than 30 wickets (missed 2 or 3 games).. As for next season like all clubs we will look at what we need and recruit accordingly. With our 2nds winning flag and our 3rds (containing 8 players under 17) and 4ths making grand finals and our under 16s winning a flag hopefully we hole our own in north next season. Anyway back to the bar for me..

Mate well said.... Can't rebute any of that.

MValley deserving premiers this year and good on WC for winning NTH B last year. Winning Flag in a grade means you are the best in that grade..no doubt. And you blokes were the best no ifs and buts and what could've been about it.

My apologies for that post it was a childish response to a less than gracious post by the victors, at least one of the victors.

Most didn't rate you (including yours truly) and you won the flag and will be playing in a higher grade and we'll still be in NTH A next year. Enough said.

Terrific opportunity for your club to gain some respect, blokes coming on and posting ungracious things doesn't help that....

Enjoy your celebrations....enough of this cricket business.. lets start EDFL footy round1.

Was a very interesting game of cricket over the weekend in NorthA. M/Valley got of to a great start 1 for 70 odd then lost a few wickets to be 7 for 143.
Gauci and Chaudhary batted great waited for the wright ball then just hit it.

7 Dropped catches might come back to hurt W/C and they have already dropped one in the second inning's.

W/C bowling is very quick but i think they bowled to short M/Valley let alot of balls go , if they can get them playing at more balls next weekend could turn into a very exciting last two days of cricket.

M/Valley will be looking to make at least 200 in there second dig and if they do i cannot see W/C chasing down 280 to win. W/C need to bowl M/Valley for under 130 to be any chance i think

Well i can finally say im a 1s premiership player ,go Aberfeldie Park !!! Well done to the Valley, although i would of loved to get a crack at them next year i wish all the best next season in nth division .

Im really looking forward to having a big year in A1 . It will be good to play against some top cricketers an new facers. I believe we can play finals next year and thats the aim. A few Valley boys said we had an A1 top4 team this year so will soon find out. See you fellas next season

mas cambios;392859 said:
From now on if you wish to speak about Phil Crea direct yourself to here - http://www.bigcricket.com/forum/t75265/

Any posts on the matter in this thread or any of the other general VTCA ones will be deleted or moved.

mate i understand why you have done this... but all this is just massaging his ego.

Best way to stop posts about this bloke is for folks to stop posting and ignore the bloke. (when the issue is non cricket related).

Let him only talk cric.

koh phi phi 3;394593 said:

To say st albans ddnt make the granny is harsh but true, but keep in mind they didnt get a shot at it, in my oppinion im sure MV were hoping to play W/c as st albans were looking really good in there last half of the season, to add a swag of quality players, 2 players recruited like almost all the clubs in the comp, QUALITY that is definite in the likes of jones and macca, to add good quality season efforts from montibello, and Dunn, and many contributions that counted from other players when needed throughout the season, to add to that Rob Nikolic in my oppinion had a really good season taking 20 odd wickets. a great fielding side in St Albans but like most teams in the comp alot of atttention needed around the bat. next season i can say one thing St Albans will be twice as hard working then this season and other teams will have to bring more then there best because its going to take a really good side to beat them.

Congratulations to MV only wanted you guys to win because i hate WC for what they portrayed through the season. congrats to all other Premiership teams.

looking forward to seing you guys next season in regrets to a few but hopefully they choose to go up a grade.

mas cambios;392859 said:
From now on if you wish to speak about Phil Crea direct yourself to here - http://www.bigcricket.com/forum/t75265/

Any posts on the matter in this thread or any of the other general VTCA ones will be deleted or moved.

Why give him his own thread now??? This bloke has been spruiking & carrying on like a clown for near on 6mts & now his about to cop his right whack you threaten to delete them....because your sick of them. Here's a solution to the problem why don't you delete Phil? However i see this as a problem, Phil is a clown & he's never dened it either but at least he has a crack. It'll only go on for another week or so, why stop him from getting what's coming to him? He might have the last laugh & Centrals might get i up - i doubt it but it could happen. Ordinary form Mas.....ordinary.

Deliberately haven't posted this year due to some of the debacles of idiot posters of last season from our club. But one of the success stories of B North has been Abers. I have been there for too many years to count but after being a basket case since the last flag we have hopefully got our act together. Starting from Jim Ingleton as coach, a more respected and liked coach I have yet to see. Controlled a few egos, who had rarely produced and were big mouths on and off the field, masterfully. Nyhus made the transition to player without any dramas. I think he now wants to be remembered as a player who doesn't go from club to club every 2nd season (then again I might be wrong!) and we got great, consistent contributions from various other players. The Prez, Dean Mighell, has been a huge stabilising influence and finally after about 7 seasons we realised that our "best recruit" was spending time and money on producing a consistently good deck. For a change our batsmen enjoyed playing at home!
The other positives for the year were obviously flags in the 2s and 3s led by 2of the best captains at lower levels I have ever seen. The 2s in fact could have been competitive with the lower teams at the top level.
The 1s were very good in most games (even beat Aber Park - although they smashed us in the 2nd game) and except for the storms may have made the GF. That being said Jacana deserved their chance against Aber Park.
Like most teams we need a quality raw pace quick and another batsman to help out our top 2 or 3.
Finally congratulations to the great blokes in the 1s and 2s of the opposition teams. Except for Kingsville 1s, a pleasure to play against everyone. Beers shared - fantastic. Made a huge change to us being constantly disliked.

The Pascu/Albers combo has done it again for A/Park on the weekend. Another 5 wicket day for Pascu and Albers steps up when his team needed him with a century. They were 7/130 at one stage and suddenly 216 seemed a long way off, but they pulled through to have the upper hand after day 2.

The first hour will be huge on Saturday, Jacana need to knock the last 3 over pretty quickly and then build a lead so they've got something to bowl at on Sunday. Still very evenly poised but looks like a really good GF. And the ground at Westmeadows has improved out of sight from a few years ago, well done to them.

Interesting;394911 said:
Deliberately haven't posted this year due to some of the debacles of idiot posters of last season from our club. But one of the success stories of B North has been Abers. I have been there for too many years to count but after being a basket case since the last flag we have hopefully got our act together. Starting from Jim Ingleton as coach, a more respected and liked coach I have yet to see. Controlled a few egos, who had rarely produced and were big mouths on and off the field, masterfully. Nyhus made the transition to player without any dramas. I think he now wants to be remembered as a player who doesn't go from club to club every 2nd season (then again I might be wrong!) and we got great, consistent contributions from various other players. The Prez, Dean Mighell, has been a huge stabilising influence and finally after about 7 seasons we realised that our "best recruit" was spending time and money on producing a consistently good deck. For a change our batsmen enjoyed playing at home!
The other positives for the year were obviously flags in the 2s and 3s led by 2of the best captains at lower levels I have ever seen. The 2s in fact could have been competitive with the lower teams at the top level.
The 1s were very good in most games (even beat Aber Park - although they smashed us in the 2nd game) and except for the storms may have made the GF. That being said Jacana deserved their chance against Aber Park.
Like most teams we need a quality raw pace quick and another batsman to help out our top 2 or 3.
Finally congratulations to the great blokes in the 1s and 2s of the opposition teams. Except for Kingsville 1s, a pleasure to play against everyone. Beers shared - fantastic. Made a huge change to us being constantly disliked.

mmm, I think Abers did a good job by the looks of it going very close in the 1's and I didnt know their 2's & 3's won their respective flags which is a very good sign to the future.

reckon you have missed Shannahan in your overview as well, his bowling seems to be one of the foundations of their attack from blokes I've spoken to from other teams. Having Ingleton and Shannahan leading the team onfield would be a mammoth factor in turning the place around, they are both very experienced leaders so whoever got them both there certainly did a great job.

well pointed out that they can lay claim to being the only team to beat Aber Park, albeit in a 1 day game

Nyhus is overated in my opinion, when was the last time he made a 100 ? if he's controlled his temprement then great but I think many people were wondering what he'd done to think he deserved to impose himself on the opposition like he was years back anyway

you would think they'll start fav's in Nth B next year if they keep their team together.

Good the hear the deck's been turned around too, about time :eek:

7/564;392863 said:
Was a very interesting game of cricket over the weekend in NorthA. M/Valley got of to a great start 1 for 70 odd then lost a few wickets to be 7 for 143.
Gauci and Chaudhary batted great waited for the wright ball then just hit it.

7 Dropped catches might come back to hurt W/C and they have already dropped one in the second inning's.

W/C bowling is very quick but i think they bowled to short M/Valley let alot of balls go , if they can get them playing at more balls next weekend could turn into a very exciting last two days of cricket.

M/Valley will be looking to make at least 200 in there second dig and if they do i cannot see W/C chasing down 280 to win. W/C need to bowl M/Valley for under 130 to be any chance i think

7/564

Its a credit to your club with the wicket that has been produced for the GF, it looked like a belter.
Has the wicket been like that all year or has some xtra work gone into it because its the GF?

He who knows best;394992 said:
mmm, I think Abers did a good job by the looks of it going very close in the 1's and I didnt know their 2's & 3's won their respective flags which is a very good sign to the future.

reckon you have missed Shannahan in your overview as well, his bowling seems to be one of the foundations of their attack from blokes I've spoken to from other teams. Having Ingleton and Shannahan leading the team onfield would be a mammoth factor in turning the place around, they are both very experienced leaders so whoever got them both there certainly did a great job.

well pointed out that they can lay claim to being the only team to beat Aber Park, albeit in a 1 day game

Nyhus is overated in my opinion, when was the last time he made a 100 ? if he's controlled his temprement then great but I think many people were wondering what he'd done to think he deserved to impose himself on the opposition like he was years back anyway

you would think they'll start fav's in Nth B next year if they keep their team together.

Good the hear the deck's been turned around too, about time :eek:

Take your point about Nyhus but he has started to control a few things....small steps.........and also we haven't had a ton since the glory days of West and Grey in the last 1s flag. Sort of agree with the Shanas comment but Jim Ingleton is the bloke that has turned it around.
As far as favourites for next year I don't think so atm as we still need a real quality quick. Pascu would be great but I don't think so.....

10notout;392955 said:
7/564

Its a credit to your club with the wicket that has been produced for the GF, it looked like a belter.
Has the wicket been like that all year or has some xtra work gone into it because its the GF?

Been like that ever week except for the W/C game when the pitch had to much in it for us.

Nippy dose a great job with the wicket's always up there at 6am every day.

Was up at 4am Sunday morning think he was a bit nervous, he loves his wickets

Interesting;395127 said:
Take your point about Nyhus but he has started to control a few things....small steps.........and also we haven't had a ton since the glory days of West and Grey in the last 1s flag. Sort of agree with the Shanas comment but Jim Ingleton is the bloke that has turned it around.
As far as favourites for next year I don't think so atm as we still need a real quality quick. Pascu would be great but I don't think so.....

apart from Nyhus what other ego's are at that club ?

I don't think anyone in the VTCA would know of anyone there apart from the one's mentioned in Ingleton, Shannahand and Nyhus

if there have been other ego's at that place recently causing trouble then no wonder the place has been in the doldrums for so loing

CheeQuee;392939 said:
Westmeadows has improved out of sight from a few years ago, well done to them.

Touch frustrating hearing about the good ground at Westmeadows... did my knee there a year ago diving in a sandpit !!!! Oh well, glad its good enough that others wont suffer similar fate !

Interesting;395127 said:

Actually Steve Grey is still getting around - still fighting fit and posted over 500 runs for his clubs ones this season! Not bad for a bloke in his 40's

OnTheLookout;393204 said:
Touch frustrating hearing about the good ground at Westmeadows... did my knee there a year ago diving in a sandpit !!!! Oh well, glad its good enough that others wont suffer similar fate !

What we're you doing diving / sliding ???

Did someone leave a few chicken drumsticks behind square leg after lunch ??
:D

Well done Aberfeldie Park on winning the premiership. Finished on top and got the big one, good luck next season.
Well done to Jacana on getting promoted too.

FatMan_fromthe_Valley;393251 said:
What we're you doing diving / sliding ???

Did someone leave a few chicken drumsticks behind square leg after lunch ??
:D

Harsh, but funny.

He who knows best;395168 said:
apart from Nyhus what other ego's are at that club ?

I don't think anyone in the VTCA would know of anyone there apart from the one's mentioned in Ingleton, Shannahand and Nyhus

if there have been other ego's at that place recently causing trouble then no wonder the place has been in the doldrums for so loing

When a club is going poorly egos are not necessarily your good players. We have had other players who have thought their egos matched their lack of abilities. I think you know what I am saying........

Any Aber Park or Jacana boys on here that can give an update on their respective teams?
Albers would be struggling to walk still after bowling 25 overs and batting 60+, Pas bowled 25 overs on the Sat and Bennett bowled 30 on the Sunday, there would have been some sore boys come Tuesday training !!
Looks like a ripping games that will go down to the wire Sunday arvo..
Whos gunna take the flag home?:confused:

Ok so i would just like to say congratulations to aberfeldie park. Unfortunately i never got to play against them. Out of interest, can anybody tell me how many rangas they had? Because i am willing to bet a lot of money its at least 6. Red heads are great for team spirit, and when things get heated they are normally in the thick of it. Maybe cause there heads are on fire. I propose for there new season in north a1, they change there name to rangafeldie park??

EdgeOverSlips;393734 said:
Any Aber Park or Jacana boys on here that can give an update on their respective teams?
Albers would be struggling to walk still after bowling 25 overs and batting 60+, Pas bowled 25 overs on the Sat and Bennett bowled 30 on the Sunday, there would have been some sore boys come Tuesday training !!

Just hearing the weather forecast, they're saying showers all weekend. Let's hope rain doesn't spoil the contest, because this has the makings of a ripping GF.

RangaRooster;395555 said:
Ok so i would just like to say congratulations to aberfeldie park. Unfortunately i never got to play against them. Out of interest, can anybody tell me how many rangas they had? Because i am willing to bet a lot of money its at least 6. Red heads are great for team spirit, and when things get heated they are normally in the thick of it. Maybe cause there heads are on fire. I propose for there new season in north a1, they change there name to rangafeldie park??

Really insightful stuff there ranga, must have taken you a while to write that masterpiece. Ive got a good one for you, rangarooster probably not the best of names, why dont you change it to Cape Baron or even Chocolate Moose. Food for thought over the off season.

EdgeOverSlips;393734 said:

Certainly going to go to the wire mate. Hopefully the rain will hold off and Chunk and Buzz can duplicate what they did last week. With 3 wickets in hand you don't need to be a genious to realize we need to bat for as long as possible and get as big a lead as possible.

Pas and Bennett are both young so I'd expect both of them to shape up nice and fresh. Chunk is very well accustomed to getting himself right so I wouldn't be too concerned about him either.

Going to be a ripper finish

Tuesday was a solid session and everyone is raring to go this weekend. Anyones game and whoever wants it more will win. I know we want it pretty bad. Good luck to jacana. Go parkers

erm.....no. Why would i change my name? I speak for all the rangas out there. My name is the most meaningful on this message board. Dont throw stones in glass houses mate, is your name because u like a gamble or because you really want to smoke the Australian captain??

Cover_Drive;393744 said:
Certainly going to go to the wire mate. Hopefully the rain will hold off and Chunk and Buzz can duplicate what they did last week. With 3 wickets in hand you don't need to be a genious to realize we need to bat for as long as possible and get as big a lead as possible.

Pas and Bennett are both young so I'd expect both of them to shape up nice and fresh. Chunk is very well accustomed to getting himself right so I wouldn't be too concerned about him either.

Going to be a ripper finish

Tuesday was a solid session and everyone is raring to go this weekend. Anyones game and whoever wants it more will win. I know we want it pretty bad. Good luck to jacana. Go parkers

Would certainly want to be on your gusrd, jacana are the reverse outright specialists!! It would be a disaster to lose the game after the cc has basically won the game of his own bat. It have been disappointing and from what I hear Aber park were in desperate trouble. Quick last 3 wickets and it's game on no doubt about it!! Just the 2 reasons why I would like to see Abers win.

Ok guys it that time of year where we get alot of these post.

St Mary’s in the MMVCA are advertising for a Coach/Captain for season 2010/11. To apply click on the following link and then navigate your way to St Mary’s page http://www.cricketvictoria.com.au/page/north_west_metro_region_10.html or you can Private message me on here.

Guru14;394017 said:
Would certainly want to be on your gusrd, jacana are the reverse outright specialists!! It would be a disaster to lose the game after the cc has basically won the game of his own bat. It have been disappointing and from what I hear Aber park were in desperate trouble. Quick last 3 wickets and it's game on no doubt about it!! Just the 2 reasons why I would like to see Abers win.

What two reasons are they Guru?

RangaRooster;395619 said:
erm.....no. Why would i change my name? I speak for all the rangas out there. My name is the most meaningful on this message board. Dont throw stones in glass houses mate, is your name because u like a gamble or because you really want to smoke the Australian captain??

Quality post there Ranga i think he wants to smoke Ricky.
I believe the entire A.P. team died their hair get black during the season to throw people of the scent. LOL

Nice to see a bit of humour injected into the site from time to time.

I think thats the way our recruiting policy should go looking forward.
We're currently looking for a new coach perhaps we should feel out Ronald MacDonald. I can only see the positives in it.:D

moonee valley all out 240 in second dig with pererra making chancless 125 not out. WC 1 for 3. Crea back to his best. Threatening Mv players.. Calling them cheats(now thats ironic) then true to form when being smashed around the ballpark conveniently left ground to sit on sidelines whilst his team slugged it out on the field. Then chose not to open and face 1 over. Phil you have proved once and for all to be the soft frontrunning spineless jellyfish that your facade has been hiding.

BigCoq;395654 said:
Quality post there Ranga i think he wants to smoke Ricky.
I believe the entire A.P. team died their hair get black during the season to throw people of the scent. LOL

Nice to see a bit of humour injected into the site from time to time.

I think thats the way our recruiting policy should go looking forward.
We're currently looking for a new coach perhaps we should feel out Ronald MacDonald. I can only see the positives in it.:D

If you want humour go to a comedy website. Don't put everyone else who wants to read about cricket through all your rubbish.

CheeQuee;395655 said:
If you want humour go to a comedy website. Don't put everyone else who wants to read about cricket through all your rubbish.

Get a life Chee ...it's off season, what is there to talk about really? ;)

FatMan_fromthe_Valley;394278 said:
Congrats to Chunk and the AP boys.

May the beers be cold for the next couple of days.

Thanks fat man - congrats to u and the moonee valley boys to. Great bunch of blokes that thoroughly deserve their success.

While I'm here - congrats to my beloved Aber park - magnificent season capped off by a comprehensive gf win.

Fat man I'm sure we'll bump into each other somewhere near mt Rd lol

roosters hack;395657 said:
Get a life Chee ...it's off season, what is there to talk about really? ;)

Just try not to talk for the sake of talking or in this case post for the sake of posting. Tell us if you've made any progress looking for a new coach or arrivals or departures of players? That would be something worth reading/discussing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back