North A and B 09/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
re: North A and B 10/11

CONGRATULATIONS Moonee Valley!!!

I personally didn't rate you all year, but you can only beat what's put in front of you,
and you blokes did that by winning the minor premiership and the Grannie.

Good Luck in NTH Division next year.

CheeQuee;395664 said:
Just try not to talk for the sake of talking or in this case post for the sake of posting. .That would be something worth reading/discussing.

Are you looking for a job mate?:D....we are going ok don't expect to loose too much and have gained players and are still on the hunt for more!!

mas cambios;395665 said:
You were made a moderator when?

Thanks Mas im not on facebook so a little banter never killed anyone.
Cheecks u want to post serious gives us the low down on the gos out there champ.

Haha ... To all you so called armchair experts not rating MVCC in A1 this year, hope you're enjoying a bit of humble pie.

B1 was a lot tougher than this grade. My advice ... get off bigcricket and instead put some time into your training otherwise you'll get smashed by Abers Park coming up nxt yr. You all ain't as good as you think you are!!!

Good luck in A1 nxt year. Will send a postcard from North Div :D

Hot_dogg;394523 said:
Haha ... To all you so called armchair experts not rating MVCC in A1 this year, hope you're enjoying a bit of humble pie.

B1 was a lot tougher than this grade. My advice ... get off bigcricket and instead put some time into your training otherwise you'll get smashed by Abers Park coming up nxt yr. You all ain't as good as you think you are!!!

It will be a harder in North Div in 10/11 season.

Well done Moonee Valley on there 1st and 2nds win.

CheeQuee;395677 said:
Sorry for stealing your thunder mas cambios, must be a tough job.

Not stealing my thunder in the slightest, was simply wondering who made you the director of content?

Hot_dogg;394523 said:

:) Mate you ain't showing much humility either, especailly when you ask others to show some.

I take my best wishes/Good luck to MV in NTH Division back :)

you say:- You all ain't as good as you think you are!!!
Ofcourse not, i agree its embarrasing playing in a grade where Mvalley wins a flag, a side which with the exception of 1 player A Perrera can't bat, and when it comes to bowling - with the exception of pridham and to lesser extent Raj can't bowl

I admit NTH A is rubbish (a side like MV winning proves that) no one to my knowledge on this thread said it was good? (or as good as it used to be)

When it was good the likes of MValley didnt' last long, remember those seasons? MV just like Abelfeldie struggled to win a game.

In season 2010/11 you'll findout what NTH A used to be like, almost all the clubs competing in NTH Division now once made up a strong NTH A comp,i wouldn't be surprised to see the likes of you back in A in 2011/12 especailly if NTH Division remains a 10 team comp.

mas cambios;395725 said:
Not stealing my thunder in the slightest, was simply wondering who made you the director of content?

You must've enjoyed the 'gags' from the Roosters blokes then? If i get bored because it's the off-season I may start sharing some of my finest humour on this forum, without fear of retribution then. I'm sure the Roosters hack will get a kick out of it, and you'll be able to pull up anyone who tries to do your job. Win/win situation for all?

ROY G BIV;394586 said:
:) Mate you ain't showing much humility either, especailly when you ask others to show some.

I take my best wishes/Good luck to MV in NTH Division back :)

you say:- You all ain't as good as you think you are!!!
Ofcourse not, i agree its embarrasing playing in a grade where Mvalley wins a flag, a side which with the exception of 1 player A Perrera can't bat, and when it comes to bowling - with the exception of pridham and to lesser extent Raj can't bowl

I admit NTH A is rubbish (a side like MV winning proves that) no one to my knowledge on this thread said it was good? (or as good as it used to be)

When it was good the likes of MValley didnt' last long, remember those seasons? MV just like Abelfeldie struggled to win a game.

In season 2010/11 you'll findout what NTH A used to be like, almost all the clubs competing in NTH Division now once made up a strong NTH A comp,i wouldn't be surprised to see the likes of you back in A in 2011/12 especailly if NTH Division remains a 10 team comp.
Your right roy.. A bit of humility goes along way. Probably one of the young fellas with a well earned bellyfull.. :) we went and are still going hard. However you dont strike me as a silly chap so im sure you know as well as i do that flags in ANY grade are not won by sides with only 2 players. WC only had 2 players and they lost comprehensivly..St Albans recruited a swag of quality players and didnt make the grandfinal.EK had Bell and import and didnt make the 4. TL had jones and markham with same result. You dont win grand finals on a season reliant on 2 blokes. In fact we had 4 different blokes ton up this season and a number 8 thats scored 50 or more 4 times i think including first innings of grand final. Also Harding took more than 30 wickets (missed 2 or 3 games).. As for next season like all clubs we will look at what we need and recruit accordingly. With our 2nds winning flag and our 3rds (containing 8 players under 17) and 4ths making grand finals and our under 16s winning a flag hopefully we hole our own in north next season. Anyway back to the bar for me..

I thought you were already being funny? Come on now its just banter or is it? If you feel that strongly about it, have a read of these (BigCricket - Forum Rules) and tell me which ones are being broken.

You do the reporting and I'll be the judge - simple.

koh phi phi 3;394593 said:
Your right roy.. A bit of humility goes along way. Probably one of the young fellas with a well earned bellyfull.. :) we went and are still going hard. However you dont strike me as a silly chap so im sure you know as well as i do that flags in ANY grade are not won by sides with only 2 players. WC only had 2 players and they lost comprehensivly..St Albans recruited a swag of quality players and didnt make the grandfinal.EK had Bell and import and didnt make the 4. TL had jones and markham with same result. You dont win grand finals on a season reliant on 2 blokes. In fact we had 4 different blokes ton up this season and a number 8 thats scored 50 or more 4 times i think including first innings of grand final. Also Harding took more than 30 wickets (missed 2 or 3 games).. As for next season like all clubs we will look at what we need and recruit accordingly. With our 2nds winning flag and our 3rds (containing 8 players under 17) and 4ths making grand finals and our under 16s winning a flag hopefully we hole our own in north next season. Anyway back to the bar for me..

Mate well said.... Can't rebute any of that.

MValley deserving premiers this year and good on WC for winning NTH B last year. Winning Flag in a grade means you are the best in that grade..no doubt. And you blokes were the best no ifs and buts and what could've been about it.

My apologies for that post it was a childish response to a less than gracious post by the victors, at least one of the victors.

Most didn't rate you (including yours truly) and you won the flag and will be playing in a higher grade and we'll still be in NTH A next year. Enough said.

Terrific opportunity for your club to gain some respect, blokes coming on and posting ungracious things doesn't help that....

Enjoy your celebrations....enough of this cricket business.. lets start EDFL footy round1.

BigCoq;395654 said:
Quality post there Ranga i think he wants to smoke Ricky.
I believe the entire A.P. team died their hair get black during the season to throw people of the scent. LOL

Nice to see a bit of humour injected into the site from time to time.

I think thats the way our recruiting policy should go looking forward.
We're currently looking for a new coach perhaps we should feel out Ronald MacDonald. I can only see the positives in it.:D

Our version of quality must vary a little big coq.
Have you had any luck with the new captain/coach? Phil Crea is available i believe. Since you have declared your love for him on here before he may be the perfect fit for you guys, not sure you need anymore seconds players though.

Well done on a good first season in the VTCA.

Well i can finally say im a 1s premiership player ,go Aberfeldie Park !!! Well done to the Valley, although i would of loved to get a crack at them next year i wish all the best next season in nth division .

Im really looking forward to having a big year in A1 . It will be good to play against some top cricketers an new facers. I believe we can play finals next year and thats the aim. A few Valley boys said we had an A1 top4 team this year so will soon find out. See you fellas next season

punter 18;395872 said:
Our version of quality must vary a little big coq.
Have you had any luck with the new captain/coach? Phil Crea is available i believe. Since you have declared your love for him on here before he may be the perfect fit for you guys, not sure you need anymore seconds players though.

Well done on a good first season in the VTCA.

I like the fact that he talks the talk and walks the walk.
im sure yull find phil will remain at W/C.
The bloke since arriving has taken them from B1 to A1 now Northern thats pretty special in any mans language and they cant bat must be a great fighting team lead by a great strength of character and unflinching leadership.
we've had a few bites on the coaching front no rush.
We should have made the 4.
Our No1 opening bowler has had his left shoulder rebuilt this season. He will play next season also our openning bat slipped a disc before xmas.
Well be all right need a coach that fits the bill.
Always looking to top up with quality.

koh phi phi 3;394593 said:

To say st albans ddnt make the granny is harsh but true, but keep in mind they didnt get a shot at it, in my oppinion im sure MV were hoping to play W/c as st albans were looking really good in there last half of the season, to add a swag of quality players, 2 players recruited like almost all the clubs in the comp, QUALITY that is definite in the likes of jones and macca, to add good quality season efforts from montibello, and Dunn, and many contributions that counted from other players when needed throughout the season, to add to that Rob Nikolic in my oppinion had a really good season taking 20 odd wickets. a great fielding side in St Albans but like most teams in the comp alot of atttention needed around the bat. next season i can say one thing St Albans will be twice as hard working then this season and other teams will have to bring more then there best because its going to take a really good side to beat them.

Congratulations to MV only wanted you guys to win because i hate WC for what they portrayed through the season. congrats to all other Premiership teams.

looking forward to seing you guys next season in regrets to a few but hopefully they choose to go up a grade.

BigCoq;395875 said:
The bloke since arriving has taken them from B1 to A1 now Northern thats pretty special in any mans language and they cant bat must be a great fighting team lead by a great strength of character and unflinching leadership.
Our No1 opening bowler has had his left shoulder rebuilt this season. He will play next season also our openning bat slipped a disc before xmas.

Phil has Left W/C.

Deliberately haven't posted this year due to some of the debacles of idiot posters of last season from our club. But one of the success stories of B North has been Abers. I have been there for too many years to count but after being a basket case since the last flag we have hopefully got our act together. Starting from Jim Ingleton as coach, a more respected and liked coach I have yet to see. Controlled a few egos, who had rarely produced and were big mouths on and off the field, masterfully. Nyhus made the transition to player without any dramas. I think he now wants to be remembered as a player who doesn't go from club to club every 2nd season (then again I might be wrong!) and we got great, consistent contributions from various other players. The Prez, Dean Mighell, has been a huge stabilising influence and finally after about 7 seasons we realised that our "best recruit" was spending time and money on producing a consistently good deck. For a change our batsmen enjoyed playing at home!
The other positives for the year were obviously flags in the 2s and 3s led by 2of the best captains at lower levels I have ever seen. The 2s in fact could have been competitive with the lower teams at the top level.
The 1s were very good in most games (even beat Aber Park - although they smashed us in the 2nd game) and except for the storms may have made the GF. That being said Jacana deserved their chance against Aber Park.
Like most teams we need a quality raw pace quick and another batsman to help out our top 2 or 3.
Finally congratulations to the great blokes in the 1s and 2s of the opposition teams. Except for Kingsville 1s, a pleasure to play against everyone. Beers shared - fantastic. Made a huge change to us being constantly disliked.

Interesting;394911 said:
Deliberately haven't posted this year due to some of the debacles of idiot posters of last season from our club. But one of the success stories of B North has been Abers. I have been there for too many years to count but after being a basket case since the last flag we have hopefully got our act together. Starting from Jim Ingleton as coach, a more respected and liked coach I have yet to see. Controlled a few egos, who had rarely produced and were big mouths on and off the field, masterfully. Nyhus made the transition to player without any dramas. I think he now wants to be remembered as a player who doesn't go from club to club every 2nd season (then again I might be wrong!) and we got great, consistent contributions from various other players. The Prez, Dean Mighell, has been a huge stabilising influence and finally after about 7 seasons we realised that our "best recruit" was spending time and money on producing a consistently good deck. For a change our batsmen enjoyed playing at home!
The other positives for the year were obviously flags in the 2s and 3s led by 2of the best captains at lower levels I have ever seen. The 2s in fact could have been competitive with the lower teams at the top level.
The 1s were very good in most games (even beat Aber Park - although they smashed us in the 2nd game) and except for the storms may have made the GF. That being said Jacana deserved their chance against Aber Park.
Like most teams we need a quality raw pace quick and another batsman to help out our top 2 or 3.
Finally congratulations to the great blokes in the 1s and 2s of the opposition teams. Except for Kingsville 1s, a pleasure to play against everyone. Beers shared - fantastic. Made a huge change to us being constantly disliked.

mmm, I think Abers did a good job by the looks of it going very close in the 1's and I didnt know their 2's & 3's won their respective flags which is a very good sign to the future.

reckon you have missed Shannahan in your overview as well, his bowling seems to be one of the foundations of their attack from blokes I've spoken to from other teams. Having Ingleton and Shannahan leading the team onfield would be a mammoth factor in turning the place around, they are both very experienced leaders so whoever got them both there certainly did a great job.

well pointed out that they can lay claim to being the only team to beat Aber Park, albeit in a 1 day game

Nyhus is overated in my opinion, when was the last time he made a 100 ? if he's controlled his temprement then great but I think many people were wondering what he'd done to think he deserved to impose himself on the opposition like he was years back anyway

you would think they'll start fav's in Nth B next year if they keep their team together.

Good the hear the deck's been turned around too, about time :eek:

2time;396050 said:
Anyone have a clue as to why?

You'd think that the committee may have been disappointed by him getting on here and declaring Centrals as premiers 3 or 4 weeks out from the Granny only to be easily beaten in the game...

He who knows best;394992 said:
mmm, I think Abers did a good job by the looks of it going very close in the 1's and I didnt know their 2's & 3's won their respective flags which is a very good sign to the future.

reckon you have missed Shannahan in your overview as well, his bowling seems to be one of the foundations of their attack from blokes I've spoken to from other teams. Having Ingleton and Shannahan leading the team onfield would be a mammoth factor in turning the place around, they are both very experienced leaders so whoever got them both there certainly did a great job.

well pointed out that they can lay claim to being the only team to beat Aber Park, albeit in a 1 day game

Nyhus is overated in my opinion, when was the last time he made a 100 ? if he's controlled his temprement then great but I think many people were wondering what he'd done to think he deserved to impose himself on the opposition like he was years back anyway

you would think they'll start fav's in Nth B next year if they keep their team together.

Good the hear the deck's been turned around too, about time :eek:

Take your point about Nyhus but he has started to control a few things....small steps.........and also we haven't had a ton since the glory days of West and Grey in the last 1s flag. Sort of agree with the Shanas comment but Jim Ingleton is the bloke that has turned it around.
As far as favourites for next year I don't think so atm as we still need a real quality quick. Pascu would be great but I don't think so.....

Interesting;395127 said:
Take your point about Nyhus but he has started to control a few things....small steps.........and also we haven't had a ton since the glory days of West and Grey in the last 1s flag. Sort of agree with the Shanas comment but Jim Ingleton is the bloke that has turned it around.
As far as favourites for next year I don't think so atm as we still need a real quality quick. Pascu would be great but I don't think so.....

apart from Nyhus what other ego's are at that club ?

I don't think anyone in the VTCA would know of anyone there apart from the one's mentioned in Ingleton, Shannahand and Nyhus

if there have been other ego's at that place recently causing trouble then no wonder the place has been in the doldrums for so loing

BigCoq;396054 said:
WHO CARES!!!!
get on his blog ask the 16 million dollar question.

Geez Biggun, i would think it's big news...he has been a very controversial player in the North comps and it will be very interesting to see where he ends up.....he must of been doing something right over the past two seasons!!

Interesting;395127 said:

Actually Steve Grey is still getting around - still fighting fit and posted over 500 runs for his clubs ones this season! Not bad for a bloke in his 40's

CheeQuee;396053 said:
You'd think that the committee may have been disappointed by him getting on here and declaring Centrals as premiers 3 or 4 weeks out from the Granny only to be easily beaten in the game...

ive heard he is following sam to footscray.

Well done Aberfeldie Park on winning the premiership. Finished on top and got the big one, good luck next season.
Well done to Jacana on getting promoted too.

BigCoq;395875 said:

How does he talk the talk & walk the walk? On the back of two fairly decent bowlers Phil contributed very little on the scoreboard in the scheme of things. Obviously we don't see him at training or behind closed doors to fully assess his efforts & what he brings to the table. It is a fair effort in regards to what Centrals have achieved but if your telling me that Phil is the sole reason for the turn around he should be in Politics or running the Reserve bank.I sense that Altona are thinking of appointing Phil as coach - GOOD LUCK with it boys. We played them this year & the way he carried on personally & allowed his players to do the same was a blight on the club. As i've said previously not a chance my kids would be playing in that environment. I like hard cricket & blokes that are worth their salt but his style aint my cup of tea. Mouthing off & threratening blokes if that wins you games & your happy to win that way be careful you might get what you ask for.

He who knows best;395168 said:
apart from Nyhus what other ego's are at that club ?

I don't think anyone in the VTCA would know of anyone there apart from the one's mentioned in Ingleton, Shannahand and Nyhus

if there have been other ego's at that place recently causing trouble then no wonder the place has been in the doldrums for so loing

When a club is going poorly egos are not necessarily your good players. We have had other players who have thought their egos matched their lack of abilities. I think you know what I am saying........

2time;396099 said:
How does he talk the talk & walk the walk? On the back of two fairly decent bowlers Phil contributed very little on the scoreboard in the scheme of things. Obviously we don't see him at training or behind closed doors to fully assess his efforts & what he brings to the table. It is a fair effort in regards to what Centrals have achieved but if your telling me that Phil is the sole reason for the turn around he should be in Politics or running the Reserve bank.I sense that Altona are thinking of appointing Phil as coach - GOOD LUCK with it boys. We played them this year & the way he carried on personally & allowed his players to do the same was a blight on the club. As i've said previously not a chance my kids would be playing in that environment. I like hard cricket & blokes that are worth their salt but his style aint my cup of tea. Mouthing off & threratening blokes if that wins you games & your happy to win that way be careful you might get what you ask for.

Phil is not on our radar at the moment ...we have a few other players from around the traps that we are talking to, not knowing Phil at all i can't talk about any impact he might make at any club but rest assured we (Altona Roosters) have not spoken to him.

Ok so i would just like to say congratulations to aberfeldie park. Unfortunately i never got to play against them. Out of interest, can anybody tell me how many rangas they had? Because i am willing to bet a lot of money its at least 6. Red heads are great for team spirit, and when things get heated they are normally in the thick of it. Maybe cause there heads are on fire. I propose for there new season in north a1, they change there name to rangafeldie park??

2time;396099 said:

Boys get out of the Phil mindset i cdnt give a rats about phil.
All im saying is considering that side couldnt bat to save its self they won B flag and runners up in A some credit must go to the coach surely.
I have never played against him if he carries on like a toss on game day then so be it. I thought he played hard but fair cricket is all, just like when the Aussies sledged the shit out those poor Poms and sooked up when it was to hot in the kitchen.
Please dont refer to us as Altona, The Roosters will do thanks.
Why the hell would you think that Phils a good fit for us.
Plenty of great candidates out there.

RangaRooster;395555 said:
Ok so i would just like to say congratulations to aberfeldie park. Unfortunately i never got to play against them. Out of interest, can anybody tell me how many rangas they had? Because i am willing to bet a lot of money its at least 6. Red heads are great for team spirit, and when things get heated they are normally in the thick of it. Maybe cause there heads are on fire. I propose for there new season in north a1, they change there name to rangafeldie park??

Really insightful stuff there ranga, must have taken you a while to write that masterpiece. Ive got a good one for you, rangarooster probably not the best of names, why dont you change it to Cape Baron or even Chocolate Moose. Food for thought over the off season.

erm.....no. Why would i change my name? I speak for all the rangas out there. My name is the most meaningful on this message board. Dont throw stones in glass houses mate, is your name because u like a gamble or because you really want to smoke the Australian captain??

Ok guys it that time of year where we get alot of these post.

St Mary’s in the MMVCA are advertising for a Coach/Captain for season 2010/11. To apply click on the following link and then navigate your way to St Mary’s page http://www.cricketvictoria.com.au/page/north_west_metro_region_10.html or you can Private message me on here.

Out of interest fellas, wondering if any clubs have a GINGER as there coach? would be interested to see a link between success and rangas.

Thanks. :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back