North A and B 09/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
re: North A and B 10/11

RangaRooster;395619 said:
erm.....no. Why would i change my name? I speak for all the rangas out there. My name is the most meaningful on this message board. Dont throw stones in glass houses mate, is your name because u like a gamble or because you really want to smoke the Australian captain??

Quality post there Ranga i think he wants to smoke Ricky.
I believe the entire A.P. team died their hair get black during the season to throw people of the scent. LOL

Nice to see a bit of humour injected into the site from time to time.

I think thats the way our recruiting policy should go looking forward.
We're currently looking for a new coach perhaps we should feel out Ronald MacDonald. I can only see the positives in it.:D

BigCoq;395654 said:
I believe the entire A.P. team died their hair get black during the season to throw people of the scent. LOL

We're currently looking for a new coach perhaps we should feel out Ronald MacDonald. I can only see the positives in it.:D

If you want humour go to a comedy website. Don't put everyone else who wants to read about cricket through all your rubbish.

RangaRooster;396228 said:
Out of interest fellas, wondering if any clubs have a GINGER as there coach? would be interested to see a link between success and rangas.

Thanks. :eek:

You really are a tedious ********.

Grow up and post something meaningful. Reported to the mods.

CheeQuee;395655 said:
If you want humour go to a comedy website. Don't put everyone else who wants to read about cricket through all your rubbish.

Get a life Chee ...it's off season, what is there to talk about really? ;)

Boz Scaggs;396104 said:
any player movements or retirements people know of in Nth A or B ?

Well I have received no phone calls so looks like I am not good enough to be wanted by numerous clubs, no real movements as of yet, give it til June-July and there will be many

roosters hack;395657 said:
Get a life Chee ...it's off season, what is there to talk about really? ;)

Just try not to talk for the sake of talking or in this case post for the sake of posting. Tell us if you've made any progress looking for a new coach or arrivals or departures of players? That would be something worth reading/discussing.

These sent to clubs in the last few days

to be presented at this weeks awards night

North A

Adam Preece
Footscray United

Rajan Aiyappan
Moonee Valley

Arosha Perera
Moonee Valley

Joe Misiti
Keilor Park

James Moorhouse
East Keilor

Tarique Jeffery ( c )
Footscray United

John Bell
East Keilor

Geoff McKeown (w)
Moonee Valley

Tom Langley-Dunn
St.Albans

Aaron Edrich
Werribee Centrals

Darren Clutton
Werribee Centrals

North B

Senad Levic
Kingsville Bapts

Matthew Nyhus
Aberfeldie

Anthony Riggio
Aberfeldie Park

Janaka Siriwardana
Jacana

Rahmatullah Khwaja
Kingsville Bapts

Matthew Albers ( c )
Aberfeldie Park

Casey Whelan (w)
Jacana

Andrew Shannahan
Aberfeldie

Gary Pascu
Aberfeldie Park

Shannon Bennett
Jacana

James Draper
St.Andrews

CheeQuee;395664 said:
Just try not to talk for the sake of talking or in this case post for the sake of posting. .That would be something worth reading/discussing.

Are you looking for a job mate?:D....we are going ok don't expect to loose too much and have gained players and are still on the hunt for more!!

RangaRooster;396229 said:
Oh and 2time? what is your obbsession with this Phil bloke? Phil MyCrackin?

Is that an attempt at being funny with the "McCrackin?" line? No besession mate but hearing the way a couple of the posters on here talk him up makes me laugh. Have u played against the great one Ranga?

mas cambios;395665 said:
You were made a moderator when?

Thanks Mas im not on facebook so a little banter never killed anyone.
Cheecks u want to post serious gives us the low down on the gos out there champ.

Interesting;395127 said:
Take your point about Nyhus but he has started to control a few things....small steps.........and also we haven't had a ton since the glory days of West and Grey in the last 1s flag. Sort of agree with the Shanas comment but Jim Ingleton is the bloke that has turned it around.
As far as favourites for next year I don't think so atm as we still need a real quality quick. Pascu would be great but I don't think so.....

just wondering if you had forgotten about your previous coach ( now at craigieburn ) having played against him for 15 years he is a great person and a pleasure to play against. i believe he had the support of the players and was doing a great job until he couldnt come to an agreement with the president. your lose is craigieburns gain. your thoughts

tugga5;396957 said:
just wondering if you had forgotten about your previous coach ( now at craigieburn ) having played against him for 15 years he is a great person and a pleasure to play against. i believe he had the support of the players and was doing a great job until he couldnt come to an agreement with the president. your lose is craigieburns gain. your thoughts

Spot on. One of the nicest blokes I have been associated in all my years in cricket. Still keeps in contact with many of the players and came to the 2s GF. Was shafted no doubt. Wasn't one of the club's best decision

CheeQuee;395677 said:
Sorry for stealing your thunder mas cambios, must be a tough job.

Not stealing my thunder in the slightest, was simply wondering who made you the director of content?

Interesting;397006 said:
Spot on. One of the nicest blokes I have been associated in all my years in cricket. Still keeps in contact with many of the players and came to the 2s GF. Was shafted no doubt. Wasn't one of the club's best decision

Unfortunatly a North B club cant afford to pay Non playing coach's. The money is better spent towards a cricketer who can lift the club higher up the grades. Really nice guy yes, but hard decisions need to be made, and was made.

Non-playing coachs are great, but more suited to high grade clubs who have money to burn.

mas cambios;395725 said:
Not stealing my thunder in the slightest, was simply wondering who made you the director of content?

You must've enjoyed the 'gags' from the Roosters blokes then? If i get bored because it's the off-season I may start sharing some of my finest humour on this forum, without fear of retribution then. I'm sure the Roosters hack will get a kick out of it, and you'll be able to pull up anyone who tries to do your job. Win/win situation for all?

HowBigIsIt;397098 said:
Unfortunatly a North B club cant afford to pay Non playing coach's. The money is better spent towards a cricketer who can lift the club higher up the grades. Really nice guy yes, but hard decisions need to be made, and was made.

Non-playing coachs are great, but more suited to high grade clubs who have money to burn.

are you talking about Aberfeldie here ? :confused:

why the talk re new coaches ? has Ingleton and Shanahan moved on ? arent they the coaches there

people unhappy with them down there are they ?

I thought you were already being funny? Come on now its just banter or is it? If you feel that strongly about it, have a read of these (BigCricket - Forum Rules) and tell me which ones are being broken.

You do the reporting and I'll be the judge - simple.

HowBigIsIt;397098 said:

I dunno if that is right...i know clubs can afford to pay a non-playing coach...however most clubs will fall on the side of common sense and prefer the value for money option of a playing Captain-Coach.

BigCoq;395654 said:

Our version of quality must vary a little big coq.
Have you had any luck with the new captain/coach? Phil Crea is available i believe. Since you have declared your love for him on here before he may be the perfect fit for you guys, not sure you need anymore seconds players though.

Well done on a good first season in the VTCA.

Boz Scaggs;397502 said:

why the talk re new coaches ? has Ingleton and Shanahan moved on ? arent they the coaches there

Everyone was very happy with the coaching staff down at abers this year. I think that was shown with the 1'st XI finishing 3rd and beating the eventual and deserving premiers during the season. Also we saw some tremendous development from the younger players in the 2's and 3's, who went on to win their respective flags. Especially in the 2’s who went through undefeated and won every 2 day game that was completed outright.

punter 18;395872 said:
Our version of quality must vary a little big coq.
Have you had any luck with the new captain/coach? Phil Crea is available i believe. Since you have declared your love for him on here before he may be the perfect fit for you guys, not sure you need anymore seconds players though.

Well done on a good first season in the VTCA.

I like the fact that he talks the talk and walks the walk.
im sure yull find phil will remain at W/C.
The bloke since arriving has taken them from B1 to A1 now Northern thats pretty special in any mans language and they cant bat must be a great fighting team lead by a great strength of character and unflinching leadership.
we've had a few bites on the coaching front no rush.
We should have made the 4.
Our No1 opening bowler has had his left shoulder rebuilt this season. He will play next season also our openning bat slipped a disc before xmas.
Well be all right need a coach that fits the bill.
Always looking to top up with quality.

Boz Scaggs;397502 said:

Mate, read the rest of the thread. No where was it said that anyone was unhappy with Jingles. Totally the opposite!!!!
Where is the talk about new coaches???
You remind me of the guy at the pub coming in half way through a conversation and reaching the wrong conclusions..........

BigCoq;395875 said:
The bloke since arriving has taken them from B1 to A1 now Northern thats pretty special in any mans language and they cant bat must be a great fighting team lead by a great strength of character and unflinching leadership.
Our No1 opening bowler has had his left shoulder rebuilt this season. He will play next season also our openning bat slipped a disc before xmas.

Phil has Left W/C.

Interesting;397754 said:
Mate, read the rest of the thread. No where was it said that anyone was unhappy with Jingles. Totally the opposite!!!!
Where is the talk about new coaches???
You remind me of the guy at the pub coming in half way through a conversation and reaching the wrong conclusions..........

If you return back to my post you will see I quoted a different post to your's asking the question

as outlined by obviously another member of your club (PUMP) the club is happy with your current set-up, the results outlined clearly show the club is much better placed than they were a few years ago when a laughing stock to the comp in North A

knowing Jim and Big Shannas from years ago at District level, I can see why the club has improved both great leaders and good for a club like yours.

good luck and based upon the results the club should be primed to return to Nth A in the 2011/12 season after another good year in Nth B

HowBigIsIt;397098 said:

who said anything about non-playing coaches when he is still coaching at craigieburn

2time;396050 said:
Anyone have a clue as to why?

You'd think that the committee may have been disappointed by him getting on here and declaring Centrals as premiers 3 or 4 weeks out from the Granny only to be easily beaten in the game...

tugga5;398106 said:
who said anything about non-playing coaches when he is still coaching at craigieburn

The committe felt they didnt want to pay a bloke who was playing 2's but coaching the club and developing the 2's. crazy decision if u ask me but you've got to back that the powers to be are doing the right thing for the club

Altona Roosters would like too announce we have signed David Roach as our new coach for season 10/11...

I am sure David will bring a more professional and disciplined approach to the club and the committee beleive he is a great fit for our club moving forward.

Looking forward to next season already...:D

All player welcome to join us next season.
The Hobson bay council have just built us brand new state of the art Pavillion.
Best facilities in the Western Suburbs by far.
Come down get on board!!!!!!

BigCoq;396054 said:
WHO CARES!!!!
get on his blog ask the 16 million dollar question.

Geez Biggun, i would think it's big news...he has been a very controversial player in the North comps and it will be very interesting to see where he ends up.....he must of been doing something right over the past two seasons!!

BigCoq;398646 said:
Altona Roosters would like too announce we have signed David Roach as our new coach for season 10/11...

I am sure David will bring a more professional and disciplined approach to the club and the committee beleive he is a great fit for our club moving forward.

Looking forward to next season already...:D

All player welcome to join us next season.
The Hobson bay council have just built us brand new state of the art Pavillion.
Best facilities in the Western Suburbs by far.
Come down get on board!!!!!!

Lots of respect for roachy, played and was coached by him multiple years, prick of a player to play against but off the track great bloke, handy batsman, very strict on the training track. would be interesting to see how he tackles your club. Havnt seen your facilities, but surely can say that it aint the best in the western suburbs, and it would shock me if it is because it would have to be something real special concidering what I have seen last season. facilities in some cases do buy players but not premierships, hard work and dedication does so best to keep the talk up about the decent recruit rather the talk about your council putting up your new pavillion, Im sure roachy will push you guys as hard as he can.

good luck with that mate.

CheeQuee;396053 said:
You'd think that the committee may have been disappointed by him getting on here and declaring Centrals as premiers 3 or 4 weeks out from the Granny only to be easily beaten in the game...

ive heard he is following sam to footscray.

Over_Throw_for_4;398735 said:
Lots of respect for roachy, played and was coached by him multiple years, prick of a player to play against but off the track great bloke, handy batsman, very strict on the training track. would be interesting to see how he tackles your club. Havnt seen your facilities, but surely can say that it aint the best in the western suburbs, and it would shock me if it is because it would have to be something real special concidering what I have seen last season. facilities in some cases do buy players but not premierships, hard work and dedication does so best to keep the talk up about the decent recruit rather the talk about your council putting up your new pavillion, Im sure roachy will push you guys as hard as he can.

good luck with that mate.

Yep I totally agree over throw...our new clubrooms are fantastic, however results will come from dedication on the track, we believe that David is a great fit for us as he has a proven track record in the VTCA and although we aquitted ourselves ok last season Stevie Wonder could see that we needed a seasoned VTCA performer to show us the way! Talking up our facilities is ok but it won't get us out of North B's!!

BigCoq;395875 said:

How does he talk the talk & walk the walk? On the back of two fairly decent bowlers Phil contributed very little on the scoreboard in the scheme of things. Obviously we don't see him at training or behind closed doors to fully assess his efforts & what he brings to the table. It is a fair effort in regards to what Centrals have achieved but if your telling me that Phil is the sole reason for the turn around he should be in Politics or running the Reserve bank.I sense that Altona are thinking of appointing Phil as coach - GOOD LUCK with it boys. We played them this year & the way he carried on personally & allowed his players to do the same was a blight on the club. As i've said previously not a chance my kids would be playing in that environment. I like hard cricket & blokes that are worth their salt but his style aint my cup of tea. Mouthing off & threratening blokes if that wins you games & your happy to win that way be careful you might get what you ask for.

'I see lots of money in the air, flying right into roachies pocket, i see money everywhere, flying from the roosters' lol how many english guys you got coming out too? I don't know if paying your way out of North B will help much but hope it works out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back