North A and B 09/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
re: North A and B 10/11

2time;396099 said:
How does he talk the talk & walk the walk? On the back of two fairly decent bowlers Phil contributed very little on the scoreboard in the scheme of things. Obviously we don't see him at training or behind closed doors to fully assess his efforts & what he brings to the table. It is a fair effort in regards to what Centrals have achieved but if your telling me that Phil is the sole reason for the turn around he should be in Politics or running the Reserve bank.I sense that Altona are thinking of appointing Phil as coach - GOOD LUCK with it boys. We played them this year & the way he carried on personally & allowed his players to do the same was a blight on the club. As i've said previously not a chance my kids would be playing in that environment. I like hard cricket & blokes that are worth their salt but his style aint my cup of tea. Mouthing off & threratening blokes if that wins you games & your happy to win that way be careful you might get what you ask for.

Phil is not on our radar at the moment ...we have a few other players from around the traps that we are talking to, not knowing Phil at all i can't talk about any impact he might make at any club but rest assured we (Altona Roosters) have not spoken to him.

StAndrewsman;398744 said:
'I see lots of money in the air, flying right into roachies pocket, i see money everywhere, flying from the roosters' lol how many english guys you got coming out too? I don't know if paying your way out of North B will help much but hope it works out

Get with the program mate....a good coach costs money, they don't grow on trees that we can just pick when in season!! are we the only club that has overseas players in the VTCA? Nope!! I don't recall us making any comments about what goes on in your shed...so please, leave the Roosters buisness to us....

2time;396099 said:
How does he talk the talk & walk the walk? On the back of two fairly decent bowlers Phil contributed very little on the scoreboard in the scheme of things. Obviously we don't see him at training or behind closed doors to fully assess his efforts & what he brings to the table. It is a fair effort in regards to what Centrals have achieved but if your telling me that Phil is the sole reason for the turn around he should be in Politics or running the Reserve bank.I sense that Altona are thinking of appointing Phil as coach - GOOD LUCK with it boys. We played them this year & the way he carried on personally & allowed his players to do the same was a blight on the club. As i've said previously not a chance my kids would be playing in that environment. I like hard cricket & blokes that are worth their salt but his style aint my cup of tea. Mouthing off & threratening blokes if that wins you games & your happy to win that way be careful you might get what you ask for.

Boys get out of the Phil mindset i cdnt give a rats about phil.
All im saying is considering that side couldnt bat to save its self they won B flag and runners up in A some credit must go to the coach surely.
I have never played against him if he carries on like a toss on game day then so be it. I thought he played hard but fair cricket is all, just like when the Aussies sledged the shit out those poor Poms and sooked up when it was to hot in the kitchen.
Please dont refer to us as Altona, The Roosters will do thanks.
Why the hell would you think that Phils a good fit for us.
Plenty of great candidates out there.

roosters hack;398745 said:
Get with the program mate....a good coach costs money, they don't grow on trees that we can just pick when in season!! are we the only club that has overseas players in the VTCA? Nope!! I don't recall us making any comments about what goes on in your shed...so please, leave the Roosters buisness to us....

i didnt mean to be harsh on you. Just that was told last year when we played you guys, you were getting at least 4 englishmen come over, so them plus roachy equals half a side, good for depth but interesting for players who find themselves in the 2s because of it. What goes on in our shed? We just try and play cricket, lol, will be much better next season than this one and will be posting a few wins on the board. Personally getting a can of coke a match ;) in the 1s (hope sainters ppl read this)

roosters hack, I hope that the players brought in will help your club both on and off the field and looking forward to playing you guys again next season

StAndrewsman;398798 said:
i didnt mean to be harsh on you. Just that was told last year when we played you guys, you were getting at least 4 englishmen come over, so them plus roachy equals half a side, good for depth but interesting for players who find themselves in the 2s because of it. What goes on in our shed? We just try and play cricket, lol, will be much better next season than this one and will be posting a few wins on the board. Personally getting a can of coke a match ;) in the 1s (hope sainters ppl read this)

roosters hack, I hope that the players brought in will help your club both on and off the field and looking forward to playing you guys again next season

No worries there mate...i don't know about the four poms...we might get one but that would be it, so i don't expect our list to change that much....and i wouldn't think there will be any other paid players at our club...just Roachy and a pom!!

StAndrewsman;398744 said:
'I see lots of money in the air, flying right into roachies pocket, i see money everywhere, flying from the roosters' lol how many english guys you got coming out too? I don't know if paying your way out of North B will help much but hope it works out

A penny for your thoughts but not a cent more for your cricketing ability young man.:D
Did ANA win a flag?:rolleyes:

Out of interest fellas, wondering if any clubs have a GINGER as there coach? would be interested to see a link between success and rangas.

Thanks. :eek:

BigCoq;398823 said:
A penny for your thoughts but not a cent more for your cricketing ability young man.:D
Did ANA win a flag?:rolleyes:

yeah ur prolly right with my ability, but this is old news lol, don't really care if ANA wins a flag or not, I care about the sainters winning a flag next season, don't even know why u ask that question.

to roosters hack, all good mate, good I wont hav to hear an english accent from every second player, dont like the accent that much lol, lucky our englishman has an aussie accent (not an import lol), problem is he barracks for Geelong, stupid doctor :p

StAndrewsman;398831 said:
yeah ur prolly right with my ability, but this is old news lol, don't really care if ANA wins a flag or not, I care about the sainters winning a flag next season, don't even know why u ask that question.

to roosters hack, all good mate, good I wont hav to hear an english accent from every second player, dont like the accent that much lol, lucky our englishman has an aussie accent (not an import lol), problem is he barracks for Geelong, stupid doctor :p

all good mate best of luck for next season. ;)

RangaRooster;396228 said:
Out of interest fellas, wondering if any clubs have a GINGER as there coach? would be interested to see a link between success and rangas.

Thanks. :eek:

You really are a tedious ********.

Grow up and post something meaningful. Reported to the mods.

StAndrewsman;398831 said:

Get used to it, more and more Poms are coming over

Boz Scaggs;396104 said:
any player movements or retirements people know of in Nth A or B ?

Well I have received no phone calls so looks like I am not good enough to be wanted by numerous clubs, no real movements as of yet, give it til June-July and there will be many

CLUB: Werribee Centrals Cricket Club

Position Sought: Senior Playing Coach

Association: VTCA, WDCA, WSUCCA, WRJCA(JUNIOR CRICKET)

Number of Senior Teams: 2 X Mens Turf Northern Division VTCA
1 x Senior Mens WDCA B2 Turf
3 x Senior Mens WSUCCA B Matting, C Matting, D Matting

Number of Junior Teams & Grades: 10 junior teams WRJCA plus In2 Cricket Program

Accreditation Required: Level 1-2 preferred

Key Selection Criteria:
Bring an enthusiastic attitude to a group of players willing to train hard
Have excellent Management and Leadership skills
Ability to organise and commit to all Training sessions and Games
Ability to develop youth
Ability to sustain positive club culture and achieve success on and off field
Attend all Club Functions
Be able to Communicate with a willing Committee and highly motivated players
Be capable of performing in the Senior Mens First XI in Northern Divison

Other Information:
Position is for Coach of Senior Cricket Club only
Contract and Remuneration Negotiable
Applications handled in a confidential manner

Club Competing to be best side in Western Suburbs
Proud Club with successful recent history
4 sides out of 6 made Grand Final Last Year including both First & Second XI
Newly Renovated Clubrooms capable of hosting functions of 200 people
4 Net Facilities available, bowling machine and excellent oval including a 4 pitch table

Key Contacts: Applicants email details, brief playing, coaching credentials and any further required information to President Ashley Clarke at lowcost@convey.com.au

Club website: MyCricket: Werribee Centrals

These sent to clubs in the last few days

to be presented at this weeks awards night

North A

Adam Preece
Footscray United

Rajan Aiyappan
Moonee Valley

Arosha Perera
Moonee Valley

Joe Misiti
Keilor Park

James Moorhouse
East Keilor

Tarique Jeffery ( c )
Footscray United

John Bell
East Keilor

Geoff McKeown (w)
Moonee Valley

Tom Langley-Dunn
St.Albans

Aaron Edrich
Werribee Centrals

Darren Clutton
Werribee Centrals

Any News on comings/goings yet in North A?
There's talk of Magafas going to St Albans, can anyone confirm + has Maccamond left St Alabans? Just on this club surely the Captain from last year(Tush I think his name is?) has been given the flick. Considering the Talent at his disposal there was no way they should've lost the games they did which resulted in them not finishing 1 or 2 and a free ticket to the GF. Clear case of poor leadership...
Footscray United - Is everyone hanging around? Surely Seddon will improve from last year.

North B

Senad Levic
Kingsville Bapts

Matthew Nyhus
Aberfeldie

Anthony Riggio
Aberfeldie Park

Janaka Siriwardana
Jacana

Rahmatullah Khwaja
Kingsville Bapts

Matthew Albers ( c )
Aberfeldie Park

Casey Whelan (w)
Jacana

Andrew Shannahan
Aberfeldie

Gary Pascu
Aberfeldie Park

Shannon Bennett
Jacana

James Draper
St.Andrews

cutoverslips46;399705 said:
Any News on comings/goings yet in North A?
There's talk of Magafas going to St Albans, can anyone confirm + has Maccamond left St Alabans? Just on this club surely the Captain from last year(Tush I think his name is?) has been given the flick. Considering the Talent at his disposal there was no way they should've lost the games they did which resulted in them not finishing 1 or 2 and a free ticket to the GF. Clear case of poor leadership...
Footscray United - Is everyone hanging around? Surely Seddon will improve from last year.

Much in change for your team mate? as for magafas no idea and no Idea about Maccamond and Thrush all news to me.

RangaRooster;396229 said:
Oh and 2time? what is your obbsession with this Phil bloke? Phil MyCrackin?

Is that an attempt at being funny with the "McCrackin?" line? No besession mate but hearing the way a couple of the posters on here talk him up makes me laugh. Have u played against the great one Ranga?

Over_Throw_for_4;399707 said:
Much in change for your team mate? as for magafas no idea and no Idea about Maccamond and Thrush all news to me.

If my mail is right , Magafas in, Macca out & we will have a new Captain

Interesting;395127 said:
Take your point about Nyhus but he has started to control a few things....small steps.........and also we haven't had a ton since the glory days of West and Grey in the last 1s flag. Sort of agree with the Shanas comment but Jim Ingleton is the bloke that has turned it around.
As far as favourites for next year I don't think so atm as we still need a real quality quick. Pascu would be great but I don't think so.....

just wondering if you had forgotten about your previous coach ( now at craigieburn ) having played against him for 15 years he is a great person and a pleasure to play against. i believe he had the support of the players and was doing a great job until he couldnt come to an agreement with the president. your lose is craigieburns gain. your thoughts

tugga5;396957 said:
just wondering if you had forgotten about your previous coach ( now at craigieburn ) having played against him for 15 years he is a great person and a pleasure to play against. i believe he had the support of the players and was doing a great job until he couldnt come to an agreement with the president. your lose is craigieburns gain. your thoughts

Spot on. One of the nicest blokes I have been associated in all my years in cricket. Still keeps in contact with many of the players and came to the 2s GF. Was shafted no doubt. Wasn't one of the club's best decision

Interesting;397006 said:
Spot on. One of the nicest blokes I have been associated in all my years in cricket. Still keeps in contact with many of the players and came to the 2s GF. Was shafted no doubt. Wasn't one of the club's best decision

Unfortunatly a North B club cant afford to pay Non playing coach's. The money is better spent towards a cricketer who can lift the club higher up the grades. Really nice guy yes, but hard decisions need to be made, and was made.

Non-playing coachs are great, but more suited to high grade clubs who have money to burn.

HowBigIsIt;397098 said:
Unfortunatly a North B club cant afford to pay Non playing coach's. The money is better spent towards a cricketer who can lift the club higher up the grades. Really nice guy yes, but hard decisions need to be made, and was made.

Non-playing coachs are great, but more suited to high grade clubs who have money to burn.

are you talking about Aberfeldie here ? :confused:

why the talk re new coaches ? has Ingleton and Shanahan moved on ? arent they the coaches there

people unhappy with them down there are they ?

cutoverslips46;399715 said:
If my mail is right , Magafas in, Macca out & we will have a new Captain

mate, clubs pretty silly to be playing a bloke in advanced dont you recon ????

HowBigIsIt;397098 said:

I dunno if that is right...i know clubs can afford to pay a non-playing coach...however most clubs will fall on the side of common sense and prefer the value for money option of a playing Captain-Coach.

Boz Scaggs;397502 said:

why the talk re new coaches ? has Ingleton and Shanahan moved on ? arent they the coaches there

Everyone was very happy with the coaching staff down at abers this year. I think that was shown with the 1'st XI finishing 3rd and beating the eventual and deserving premiers during the season. Also we saw some tremendous development from the younger players in the 2's and 3's, who went on to win their respective flags. Especially in the 2’s who went through undefeated and won every 2 day game that was completed outright.

johndoe;399728 said:
mate, clubs pretty silly to be playing a bloke in advanced dont you recon ????

I don't agree with it but if that's what it takes then what can you do? We have the $$$ so why not? I wouldn't want to be a bloke who took money as a sign on from a club then took off! You'd be looking over your shoulder all the time, the sporting community is close knit and it wouldn't be worth it.

Boz Scaggs;397502 said:

Mate, read the rest of the thread. No where was it said that anyone was unhappy with Jingles. Totally the opposite!!!!
Where is the talk about new coaches???
You remind me of the guy at the pub coming in half way through a conversation and reaching the wrong conclusions..........

cutoverslips46;399781 said:
I don't agree with it but if that's what it takes then what can you do? We have the $$$ so why not? I wouldn't want to be a bloke who took money as a sign on from a club then took off! You'd be looking over your shoulder all the time, the sporting community is close knit and it wouldn't be worth it.

Totally agree, I am sure many clubs do it and have been doing it for many years now, where will pre season be held in 3 weeks? will WE! be notified at presentation night? or will leters be sent out by the club?

Interesting;397754 said:
Mate, read the rest of the thread. No where was it said that anyone was unhappy with Jingles. Totally the opposite!!!!
Where is the talk about new coaches???
You remind me of the guy at the pub coming in half way through a conversation and reaching the wrong conclusions..........

If you return back to my post you will see I quoted a different post to your's asking the question

as outlined by obviously another member of your club (PUMP) the club is happy with your current set-up, the results outlined clearly show the club is much better placed than they were a few years ago when a laughing stock to the comp in North A

knowing Jim and Big Shannas from years ago at District level, I can see why the club has improved both great leaders and good for a club like yours.

good luck and based upon the results the club should be primed to return to Nth A in the 2011/12 season after another good year in Nth B

Over_Throw_for_4;399783 said:
Totally agree, I am sure many clubs do it and have been doing it for many years now, where will pre season be held in 3 weeks? will WE! be notified at presentation night? or will leters be sent out by the club?

Letters will be sent out tomorrow

HowBigIsIt;397098 said:

who said anything about non-playing coaches when he is still coaching at craigieburn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back