North A and B 09/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
re: North A and B 10/11

tugga5;398106 said:
who said anything about non-playing coaches when he is still coaching at craigieburn

The committe felt they didnt want to pay a bloke who was playing 2's but coaching the club and developing the 2's. crazy decision if u ask me but you've got to back that the powers to be are doing the right thing for the club

Altona Roosters would like too announce we have signed David Roach as our new coach for season 10/11...

I am sure David will bring a more professional and disciplined approach to the club and the committee beleive he is a great fit for our club moving forward.

Looking forward to next season already...:D

All player welcome to join us next season.
The Hobson bay council have just built us brand new state of the art Pavillion.
Best facilities in the Western Suburbs by far.
Come down get on board!!!!!!

BigCoq;398646 said:
Altona Roosters would like too announce we have signed David Roach as our new coach for season 10/11...

I am sure David will bring a more professional and disciplined approach to the club and the committee beleive he is a great fit for our club moving forward.

Looking forward to next season already...:D

All player welcome to join us next season.
The Hobson bay council have just built us brand new state of the art Pavillion.
Best facilities in the Western Suburbs by far.
Come down get on board!!!!!!

Lots of respect for roachy, played and was coached by him multiple years, prick of a player to play against but off the track great bloke, handy batsman, very strict on the training track. would be interesting to see how he tackles your club. Havnt seen your facilities, but surely can say that it aint the best in the western suburbs, and it would shock me if it is because it would have to be something real special concidering what I have seen last season. facilities in some cases do buy players but not premierships, hard work and dedication does so best to keep the talk up about the decent recruit rather the talk about your council putting up your new pavillion, Im sure roachy will push you guys as hard as he can.

good luck with that mate.

sounds like cutoverslips46 is trying to make up some silly season rumours of his own... any confirmed player movements? phil crea to grand united

Over_Throw_for_4;398735 said:
Lots of respect for roachy, played and was coached by him multiple years, prick of a player to play against but off the track great bloke, handy batsman, very strict on the training track. would be interesting to see how he tackles your club. Havnt seen your facilities, but surely can say that it aint the best in the western suburbs, and it would shock me if it is because it would have to be something real special concidering what I have seen last season. facilities in some cases do buy players but not premierships, hard work and dedication does so best to keep the talk up about the decent recruit rather the talk about your council putting up your new pavillion, Im sure roachy will push you guys as hard as he can.

good luck with that mate.

Yep I totally agree over throw...our new clubrooms are fantastic, however results will come from dedication on the track, we believe that David is a great fit for us as he has a proven track record in the VTCA and although we aquitted ourselves ok last season Stevie Wonder could see that we needed a seasoned VTCA performer to show us the way! Talking up our facilities is ok but it won't get us out of North B's!!

Pushpakumara;400057 said:
sounds like cutoverslips46 is trying to make up some silly season rumours of his own... any confirmed player movements? phil crea to grand united

i hear kingy bapts have picked up brett wilkinson plus another...not to sure of his name...

'I see lots of money in the air, flying right into roachies pocket, i see money everywhere, flying from the roosters' lol how many english guys you got coming out too? I don't know if paying your way out of North B will help much but hope it works out

StAndrewsman;398744 said:
'I see lots of money in the air, flying right into roachies pocket, i see money everywhere, flying from the roosters' lol how many english guys you got coming out too? I don't know if paying your way out of North B will help much but hope it works out

Get with the program mate....a good coach costs money, they don't grow on trees that we can just pick when in season!! are we the only club that has overseas players in the VTCA? Nope!! I don't recall us making any comments about what goes on in your shed...so please, leave the Roosters buisness to us....

cutoverslips46;399705 said:
Any News on comings/goings yet in North A?
There's talk of Magafas going to St Albans, can anyone confirm + has Maccamond left St Alabans? Just on this club surely the Captain from last year(Tush I think his name is?) has been given the flick. Considering the Talent at his disposal there was no way they should've lost the games they did which resulted in them not finishing 1 or 2 and a free ticket to the GF. Clear case of poor leadership...
Footscray United - Is everyone hanging around? Surely Seddon will improve from last year.

another big recruit i hear for st albans. robert lamberti. i see he is playing football down at st albans too. will be a fair pick up he should punch out 500 runs for st albans

roosters hack;398745 said:
Get with the program mate....a good coach costs money, they don't grow on trees that we can just pick when in season!! are we the only club that has overseas players in the VTCA? Nope!! I don't recall us making any comments about what goes on in your shed...so please, leave the Roosters buisness to us....

i didnt mean to be harsh on you. Just that was told last year when we played you guys, you were getting at least 4 englishmen come over, so them plus roachy equals half a side, good for depth but interesting for players who find themselves in the 2s because of it. What goes on in our shed? We just try and play cricket, lol, will be much better next season than this one and will be posting a few wins on the board. Personally getting a can of coke a match ;) in the 1s (hope sainters ppl read this)

roosters hack, I hope that the players brought in will help your club both on and off the field and looking forward to playing you guys again next season

I have a question to everyone out there.

How much money (average or approximation) is spent on players per season in north A (talking match payments, incentives and coaching)? what about north B?

just curious to find out what clubs fork out and if it is worth it.

StAndrewsman;398798 said:
i didnt mean to be harsh on you. Just that was told last year when we played you guys, you were getting at least 4 englishmen come over, so them plus roachy equals half a side, good for depth but interesting for players who find themselves in the 2s because of it. What goes on in our shed? We just try and play cricket, lol, will be much better next season than this one and will be posting a few wins on the board. Personally getting a can of coke a match ;) in the 1s (hope sainters ppl read this)

roosters hack, I hope that the players brought in will help your club both on and off the field and looking forward to playing you guys again next season

No worries there mate...i don't know about the four poms...we might get one but that would be it, so i don't expect our list to change that much....and i wouldn't think there will be any other paid players at our club...just Roachy and a pom!!

StAndrewsman;400135 said:
I have a question to everyone out there.

How much money (average or approximation) is spent on players per season in north A (talking match payments, incentives and coaching)? what about north B?

just curious to find out what clubs fork out and if it is worth it.

Ur obsessed with money why is that?!!!!!
Ur always keen to find out what others are doing why is that?!!!!!
R u happy at your club?

StAndrewsman;398744 said:

A penny for your thoughts but not a cent more for your cricketing ability young man.:D
Did ANA win a flag?:rolleyes:

cutoverslips46;399784 said:
Letters will be sent out tomorrow

If it helps anyway with the rumours, no letter has been sent out as yet, I always get sent the letters and am always up to date with the latest news at St Albans, nothing yet?

BigCoq;398823 said:
A penny for your thoughts but not a cent more for your cricketing ability young man.:D
Did ANA win a flag?:rolleyes:

yeah ur prolly right with my ability, but this is old news lol, don't really care if ANA wins a flag or not, I care about the sainters winning a flag next season, don't even know why u ask that question.

to roosters hack, all good mate, good I wont hav to hear an english accent from every second player, dont like the accent that much lol, lucky our englishman has an aussie accent (not an import lol), problem is he barracks for Geelong, stupid doctor :p

BigCoq;400159 said:
Ur obsessed with money why is that?!!!!!
Ur always keen to find out what others are doing why is that?!!!!!
R u happy at your club?

I just love my money, is there a problem with that? I like to find out to see if paying players down here is worth it. Also wanna know what the jump is in prices between A and B. Finding out what others are doing helps with working out what we want to do as a club, talking to people, finding players. You wouldnt wanna waste time chasing up on people if they already are committed somewhere else. any info is better than no info. And being happy at the club, how can I not be, great club to be at, you should come down and see for yourself lol.

StAndrewsman;398831 said:
yeah ur prolly right with my ability, but this is old news lol, don't really care if ANA wins a flag or not, I care about the sainters winning a flag next season, don't even know why u ask that question.

to roosters hack, all good mate, good I wont hav to hear an english accent from every second player, dont like the accent that much lol, lucky our englishman has an aussie accent (not an import lol), problem is he barracks for Geelong, stupid doctor :p

all good mate best of luck for next season. ;)

Bagsofwickets;400118 said:
another big recruit i hear for st albans. robert lamberti. i see he is playing football down at st albans too. will be a fair pick up he should punch out 500 runs for st albans

Good rumour. I personally think that there would be no chance of Lamberti leaving Doutta Stars CC to play anywhere. He is involved within the club and I reckon it would take a falling out for him to leave.

I could be wrong though.

StAndrewsman;398831 said:

Get used to it, more and more Poms are coming over

StAndrewsman;400169 said:
I just love my money, is there a problem with that? I like to find out to see if paying players down here is worth it. Also wanna know what the jump is in prices between A and B. Finding out what others are doing helps with working out what we want to do as a club, talking to people, finding players. You wouldnt wanna waste time chasing up on people if they already are committed somewhere else. any info is better than no info. And being happy at the club, how can I not be, great club to be at, you should come down and see for yourself lol.

B1 id say around 8 to 10k altough some clubs alot less, A1 your probably looking 20k and upwards !!!! i know Macca was on 18k an that's fact then add Jones , Dunn etc. to that your probably looking around 40k. So you would be disappointed to not even make a grand final

CLUB: Werribee Centrals Cricket Club

Position Sought: Senior Playing Coach

Association: VTCA, WDCA, WSUCCA, WRJCA(JUNIOR CRICKET)

Number of Senior Teams: 2 X Mens Turf Northern Division VTCA
1 x Senior Mens WDCA B2 Turf
3 x Senior Mens WSUCCA B Matting, C Matting, D Matting

Number of Junior Teams & Grades: 10 junior teams WRJCA plus In2 Cricket Program

Accreditation Required: Level 1-2 preferred

Key Selection Criteria:
Bring an enthusiastic attitude to a group of players willing to train hard
Have excellent Management and Leadership skills
Ability to organise and commit to all Training sessions and Games
Ability to develop youth
Ability to sustain positive club culture and achieve success on and off field
Attend all Club Functions
Be able to Communicate with a willing Committee and highly motivated players
Be capable of performing in the Senior Mens First XI in Northern Divison

Other Information:
Position is for Coach of Senior Cricket Club only
Contract and Remuneration Negotiable
Applications handled in a confidential manner

Club Competing to be best side in Western Suburbs
Proud Club with successful recent history
4 sides out of 6 made Grand Final Last Year including both First & Second XI
Newly Renovated Clubrooms capable of hosting functions of 200 people
4 Net Facilities available, bowling machine and excellent oval including a 4 pitch table

Key Contacts: Applicants email details, brief playing, coaching credentials and any further required information to President Ashley Clarke at lowcost@convey.com.au

Club website: MyCricket: Werribee Centrals

I think it varies from club to club. The clubs who have players born and bred would naturally be paid less. In North A, I'd imagine a few clubs pay in excess of 10k and some less.

There's talk of Magafas going to St Albans, can anyone confirm + has Maccamond left St Alabans? Just on this club surely the Captain from last year(Tush I think his name is?) has been given the flick. Considering the Talent at his disposal there was no way they should've lost the games they did which resulted in them not finishing 1 or 2 and a free ticket to the GF. Clear case of poor leadership...
Footscray United - Is everyone hanging around? Surely Seddon will improve from last year.

Its crunch time;400193 said:
B1 id say around 8 to 10k altough some clubs alot less, A1 your probably looking 20k and upwards !!!! i know Macca was on 18k an that's fact then add Jones , Dunn etc. to that your probably looking around 40k. So you would be disappointed to not even make a grand final

Disappointed yes, cheated out of any chance to try and make the grand final even more, and as for money if you got it why not spend it. you also have to look at the bright side of spending money, it doesnt only help reinforce our 1s team it helps out with our future ones team. Both Jonesy and Macca at best helped our younger players with both bat and ball and i garruntee that there presence and coaching helped out alot at our club, so if you see it as trying to buy a premiership then good on ya, because i see it as building a club and the younger players by bringing in more experienced cricketers.

cutoverslips46;399705 said:

Much in change for your team mate? as for magafas no idea and no Idea about Maccamond and Thrush all news to me.

Over_Throw_for_4;400213 said:
Disappointed yes, cheated out of any chance to try and make the grand final even more, and as for money if you got it why not spend it. you also have to look at the bright side of spending money, it doesnt only help reinforce our 1s team it helps out with our future ones team. Both Jonesy and Macca at best helped our younger players with both bat and ball and i garruntee that there presence and coaching helped out alot at our club, so if you see it as trying to buy a premiership then good on ya, because i see it as building a club and the younger players by bringing in more experienced cricketers.

You've made some fantastic points there OTF4. Jonesy is a regional junior coach or was, and Macca would have just much knowledge on the game.

Over_Throw_for_4;399707 said:
Much in change for your team mate? as for magafas no idea and no Idea about Maccamond and Thrush all news to me.

If my mail is right , Magafas in, Macca out & we will have a new Captain

Over_Throw_for_4;400213 said:

Fair point and i hope them boy's continue to develop your younger guy's, can you confirm Macca will be there this year ??? Alot of crap gets said bu you dont know what to believe ! Cheated probably , no doubt Werribee are one of the shiftiest teams going around . Im just glad they woke up to themselves and got rid of Phil Crea the weird unit !!! But with the team you guy's had you's should have finished top 2 easy! Not to be , an i look forward to play against you guy's this year .

Its crunch time;400255 said:
Fair point and i hope them boy's continue to develop your younger guy's, can you confirm Macca will be there this year ??? Alot of crap gets said bu you dont know what to believe ! Cheated probably , no doubt Werribee are one of the shiftiest teams going around . Im just glad they woke up to themselves and got rid of Phil Crea the weird unit !!! But with the team you guy's had you's should have finished top 2 easy! Not to be , an i look forward to play against you guy's this year .

From my knowledge macca is playing on next season, Macca is a really big influence on our younger players and to have him for another year is a plus for our club, as for cutoverslips46 from what i know the bloke plays for werribee and as usual talks alot of shit so dont listen to him at all, from what you are saying you are coming up from north B from the sounds of it? which of the 2 sides you from, looking forward to a great season ahead.

Well yes there is a problem ur being a sticky nose you should focus on your own back yard and not others...
If you want to set a new course for StAndrews and start paying players then pay what you think you can afford as a club not what others think now thats real leadership...
r u on the committee their?
u asked what other clubs pay in different grades and there is no real answer only guestimates?
The right answer is pay what u can afford end of story.... just because you pay more doesnt mean you have a better chance at success.....

BigCoq;400286 said:
Well yes there is a problem ur being a sticky nose you should focus on your own back yard and not others...
If you want to set a new course for StAndrews and start paying players then pay what you think you can afford as a club not what others think now thats real leadership...
r u on the committee their?
u asked what other clubs pay in different grades and there is no real answer only guestimates?
The right answer is pay what u can afford end of story.... just because you pay more doesnt mean you have a better chance at success.....

well put mate. concentrating on other clubs just puts you behind the 8 ball come first game. If you think knowing how much others are paying is going to get you anywhere, think again. keep an eye on your own blokes, spend wat you can to better there game and dont worry about other players and there clubs.

Over_Throw_for_4;400287 said:
well put mate. concentrating on other clubs just puts you behind the 8 ball come first game. If you think knowing how much others are paying is going to get you anywhere, think again. keep an eye on your own blokes, spend wat you can to better there game and dont worry about other players and there clubs.

St Andrews will be ok, they were pretty competitive last season and although they didn't get up for a win they weren't getting their butts kicked week in week out. It's only made the division stronger having these new clubs come in and i'm sure everybody would agree that it's much better than having Hoppers 3rd XI playing in Nth B and getting embarrassed as what happened the other year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back