North A & B

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: North A & B

Here's a question for the Association. Will they include a 20/20 game into the draw? Why don't they look at including a round or 2 of 20/20 where they could schedule both 1s and 2s at the same ground. 2s play first and then followed by the 1s. Its still only 80 overs for the day so shouldnt take too much longer and it would be a great money spinner for the home clubs.

Dingo_Jones;310941 said:
Where are you Roy G B1V. You need to get your tips in.
Upsets this week.

FU
EK
ABERS
WESTIE
TULLA
PARKV

Just busy @ work last few days Dingo!
I see u have made some mates here YELLOW and now RED card. What did u do to deserve that, talk some sense or something?

Now I don’t mind barracking for 1 or 2 underdogs each week But I can see you have gone full monty this week with all those upsets.

My Guesses:-
Round 8
Footscray United v Keilor Park
Encouraging result for FU last week with a morale boosting win. But KP should be too strong. They only went down by less than a dozen runs last week Vs Tulla.170+ chasing 180 odd not a bad effort.

East Keilor v Seddon Overland Reserve View
EK have done OK in their last 3 one dayers perhaps should’ve won last week. So I tip ‘em.
Bowlers as we know will struggle; Top 4/5 bats have to get the runs.

Gr$$nvale v Aberfeldie Greenvale
Poor old Abers so much optimism from AbersChangedteam and the like b4 the start of the season but things have gone pear shaped. If Nyhus quitting is true, anyone know why he quit? Besides the obvious win/loss ratio only handful of games to go this season.Timing Strange. Nth A so far 3 Coaches gone this year + 4th EK bloke unfortunatley got injured even b4 things got underway.
Gr$$nvale to consilade spot in 4 with a confortable win.

St Albans v Westmeadows
Both still in with a chance for a finasl berth, have to win everyhting though. Loser of this game probably unlikely to make it.
I reckon St Albans can be a real danger to anyone sitting ¾ on the ladder simply because in recent years they have a habit of getting outright results in the latter rounds.

Tullamarine v Avondale Heights Match of the Round. I believe both are 5-1 but tulla wins have been more solid than AH who from season results had to fight tooth n nail each rnd.
Tulla after Rnd 1 loss have hardly put a foot wrong thus they have to be the favourites,
Avondale proves the old adage that bowlers win matches and batters save ‘em. They need their batters to come to the party and save ‘em this week. Although both these teams are 5-1, Avondale are the underdogs so I’ll go for them this week in an upset of sorts. Jeffrey needs a big dig with the bat here to post a 160+score for AH to win. All depends on the deck ofcourse what will be a challenging target.

Parkville District v Albion
PK to continue albions miserable year. Last year premiers 6 months is a long time in Nth A. In hindsight they should have accepted the promotion to Sen A. that way they would be back in Nth A next season. Now who knows?

IntoThe Wind;311050 said:
Fine, as long as we limit the amount of runs a batsmen can score. Maybe they can retire at 50!!

I understand the argument, but this is senior cricket, not juniors. The aim is to win the game, not give everyone a go. Why should a team be penalised if their best player is a bowler instead of a batsmen? Take Greenvale. Pizzaro is their gun player. But in a one day game, he is restricted to 8 or 10 overs while the team their playing has a guy who bats for 40 overs and wins them the game. How is that fair??

In my opinion, making a team use 4-5 bowlers in a one day game weakens the quality of the game. If you are good enough to bowl 20 tight overs in a 40 over match, good luck to you! The onus is on the opposition to work you out and score off you. That will get a change in bowling real quick.

Excellent!!! Take that 7/5...
Well said mate.

Gee i wonder why no one wants to play cricket. Let 2 or 3 blokes carry the team every week and the rest can stand around and watch..golly that sounds like fun. Imagine having to watch someone like Manning bowl all day. I'd rather pluck my eyelashes.
BTW: I heard the big fella has down syndrome? He looks a bit odd but surely that cant be true.

ROY G BIV;311130 said:
Gr$$nvale v Aberfeldie Greenvale
Poor old Abers so much optimism from AbersChangedteam and the like b4 the start of the season but things have gone pear shaped. If Nyhus quitting is true, anyone know why he quit? Besides the obvious win/loss ratio only handful of games to go this season.Timing Strange. Nth A so far 3 Coaches gone this year + 4th EK bloke unfortunatley got injured even b4 things got underway.
Gr$$nvale to consilade spot in 4 with a confortable win.

stepped down due to personal circumstances I've been told :eek:, my birdie told me he was at training last night and is still playing though.

Pear shaped indeed, embaressing with the pre-season carry-on etc

Right now I think they are gone for all money but do they do so going along as they have or trying something different and exhausting other options they have on hand. 2 wins in 2 season and they need 2 wins in the last 4 games to be a chance to avoid relegation.

Nyhus is a good player without a braincell to share.
can anyone confirm A. manning has down syndrome? I heard he is on heavy meds. That would make me look at him in a slightly different light... i thought he was just crap. Sorry mate.

Slow Monday Today, so thought do this.

Rnd 8 GONE 3 Rnds to go.
I would’ve thought there were no surprises this rnd.

Game of the Rnd lived up to expectations by all accounts was a close run thing with Windridge getting tulla over the line. He made 60 odd against KP last rnd and 62*( heard he got dropped 2/3 times by Avondale which probably cost them a win) against AH this current rnd, both innings instrumental in tulla winning against KP who were at the time 1st on the ladder and AH 3rd b4 this rnd commenced. Both narrow wins though, meaning the whole things is wide open.

Speaking of wide open, someone forgot to tell PArville and westmeaodws that top 4 were settled.

Massive game for Parville this week against AH, if Avondale lose this one they have to be in massive trouble with parkville, westy, and even st albans breathing down their necks. If PArville get through Avondale they have St Albans and then Foot united. All winnable games may be a chance for 1 Outright as well. Could sneak in the 4th spot.

Tulla should finish on top with Abers, Gr$$nvale, Ek to come.

Gr$$nvale also have a tough run home with Tulla and KP in the last 2 rnds. Albion this rnd should be a formality.Ideally would wanna push for ORight result this week. BIG BIG last 2 rnds for $$nvale

KP have EK,Westy,Gr$$nvale. will be OK.

Avondale need to beat 5th placed Parkville to get some breathing space then have Seddon, st Albans. All 3 games they may start favourites all depending on what transpires during the next fortnight. On paper have an easier run home. Of all the top 4 sides.

Westy stubborn buggers they are not giving up are they? have footunited, kp and albion. Should win atleast 2 of these may be force an outright against either footunited or albion. Have to force outright I reckon.

St Albans have seddon, Parkville and then Avondale. Bad loss this weekend against west means they have to beat seddon outright to be back in contention. But in reality have missed their chance for finals but as they say mathematically still a chance.

What that all means is the Tulla certainty for finals DAAAAH! & Kp should make it. Gr$$nvale + Avondale if not careful one of them may miss out. 1 of Westy and Parkville ready to pounce,either can still sneak into 4 but need an outright somewhere.

Relegation.
Footunited Vs Ek rnd 10 massive game loser will surely be 1 of the 3 sides to go down.

Albion looked stuffed.Gr$$nvale,abers,westy

Abers play tulla,albion,seddon, massive last 2 games for them could these lucky P**ks do it again and avoid the drop. I reckon they are a chance.

My Guess is Albion, FootUited and Seddon with abers pulling a Houdini once again. Sh*t am sick of playing against them each year. Good tea though.

Ladder with 3 rounds to go:

Code:
Rank  	Team  	        P  	W2  	W1  	D  	L1  	L2  	WL 	RF      WT    	RA     	Points
1 	Tullamarine 	8 	1 	5 	1 	1 	0 	67 	1633 	83 	1146 	75.93
2 	Keilor Park 	8 	0 	6 	1 	1 	0 	68 	1669 	74 	1095 	70.49
3 	Greenvale 	8 	0 	5 	1 	2 	0 	60 	1413 	94 	1582 	65.93
4 	AvndaleHts 	8 	1 	4 	1 	2 	0 	87 	1402 	75 	1064 	62.02
5 	ParkvilleDt 	8 	0 	4 	1 	2 	1 	84 	1527 	66 	1198 	55.47
6 	Wmeadows 	8 	0 	4 	1 	3 	0 	63 	1337 	70 	1249 	54.37
7 	St Albans 	8 	0 	3 	1 	4 	0 	72 	1368 	80 	1551 	50.68
8 	East Keilor 	8 	0 	3 	1 	4 	0 	89 	1512 	60 	1341 	48.12
9 	Seddon CC	8 	0 	2 	1 	5 	0 	72 	1140 	77 	1561 	41.80
10 	FootsUtd 	8 	0 	2 	1 	5 	0 	71 	1432 	61 	1614 	41.52
11 	Aberfeldie 	8 	0 	1 	1 	5 	1 	84 	1157 	70 	1480 	38.57
12 	Albion CC	8 	0 	1 	1 	6 	0 	69 	1139 	76 	1848 	35.59

woopd@itis;311305 said:
Nyhus is a good player without a braincell to share.
can anyone confirm A. manning has down syndrome? I heard he is on heavy meds. That would make me look at him in a slightly different light... i thought he was just crap. Sorry mate.

Stuart Ainge here from Footscray United - usually just read the rubbish on here and don't feel obliged to comment until today..

I Managed to bite my tongue when Dingo called me a pregnant sasquatch (hey, I sledge a bit, and can cop one back) pre season - even managed to bite it whilst my club and my committee (of which I'm a part) was questioned/2nd guessed by people who had no, or very few, facts (and some wrong "facts") in the midst of the Suares sacking - but now this....

Are you for real? How can some anonymous ******* without the balls to even say his real name come on here and make such wild accusations without prompting- and in the guise of a serious question..... Even if it was true, I'm sure its not something which should be discussed here - I dont know who hands out the cards but I would think a straight red for you would be well deserved !

OnTheLookout;313097 said:
Stuart Ainge here from Footscray United - usually just read the rubbish on here and don't feel obliged to comment until today..

I Managed to bite my tongue when Dingo called me a pregnant sasquatch (hey, I sledge a bit, and can cop one back) pre season - even managed to bite it whilst my club and my committee (of which I'm a part) was questioned/2nd guessed by people who had no, or very few, facts (and some wrong "facts") in the midst of the Suares sacking - but now this....

Are you for real? How can some anonymous ******* without the balls to even say his real name come on here and make such wild accusations without prompting- and in the guise of a serious question..... Even if it was true, I'm sure its not something which should be discussed here - I dont know who hands out the cards but I would think a straight red for you would be well deserved !

Hey Stuart!
I know how you feel and its not just on this thread that people talk diarrhoea about other clubs and players and officials they know nothing about!
I have just gotten used to it... which is a bad thing i know but morons will always be morons and they just want a reaction. ive learnt not to give them that!
Seems to work!

OnTheLookout;313097 said:

My apologies for letting that post last so long. I looked at it late at night and didn't get the chance to remove it then.

----------------------

Just to let everyone know, if we (the admin and mods) have to, we will enforce a Red Card festival if some posters continue to attempt to write their own rulebook.

Just to add to what beached as has said, if you do find a post which you feel is either unacceptable or offensive etc, then please report it.

You can do this by clicking on the report post button (
report.gif
). This way the post will get flagged up to the mods and dealt with, instead of waiting for something to spot it, which as you've seen doesn't always happen.

Dingo_Jones;301914 said:
I'm thinking Seabrook will finish 6th on the ladder (there current position) ahead of Craigieburn and Hoppers crossing. Why would they want to move from the comp if they are battlers as you say. Which other Turf comp could they move to and not be slaughtered even more.

I,ve always looked on the Nth"B" comp as a great little nursery where a club can re-group, find it's feet and become competitive again for very little money.

would u like to have another go at that ladder Dingo 3 matches is a long time in cricket.

sledger1976;313820 said:
would u like to have another go at that ladder Dingo 3 matches is a long time in cricket.

G'Day Dingo. Ive been reading posts all year and have enjoyed the banter etc. For what ist worth, here are my 2c worth for B1

1. Moonee Valley - Good run home

2. Aber Park - Will outright Hoppers and should get over Flem and Jacana again

3. Werribee - Could even finish 2nd

4. Jacana - Will just hold on because of pre Xmas form

5. Craigiburn

6. Flemmington

7. Seabrook

8. Hoppers

Thoughts?

Given St Bernards fantastic form in being able to go from North A to Senior A and be unbeaten on top, are Tullamarine as likely to make the same step up? If they hold on to the big 3 (Windridge, Roach & Zaharodni) can they compete strongly in Senior A if they make it through this year?

NorthClubsDontPayPlayers;313861 said:
Given St Bernards fantastic form in being able to go from North A to Senior A and be unbeaten on top, are Tullamarine as likely to make the same step up? If they hold on to the big 3 (Windridge, Roach & Zaharodni) can they compete strongly in Senior A if they make it through this year?

And how will Roach go fronting up against his brother and cousins if they do...?

Cover_Drive;313854 said:
G'Day Dingo. Ive been reading posts all year and have enjoyed the banter etc. For what ist worth, here are my 2c worth for B1

1. Moonee Valley - Good run home

2. Aber Park - Will outright Hoppers and should get over Flem and Jacana again

3. Werribee - Could even finish 2nd

4. Jacana - Will just hold on because of pre Xmas form

5. Craigiburn

6. Flemmington

7. Seabrook

8. Hoppers

Thoughts?

Crazyburn have a relatively easy run home and if they are able to knock Jacana off then they are a huge chance of being there. Their batting has been good this, Baker has made a difference. I would think it will be MV, WC, Aber P with Jacana and the Burn fighting out for the last spot. Werribee Cnetrals Aberfeldie Park semi final would be a block buster and I would think the side that finished fourth would enjoy playing MV especially if it was at Ormond. One word stopping a potential grand final spot 'Perera'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back