North A & B

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: North A & B

Dingo_Jones;328740 said:
Hi there guru. Were you that handsome lookin fella on the right in the pic on page 19 of the Moonee Valley news Jan 13 2009?

Your summary of Z and Matty is spot on. Both have big hearts and both are walk up starts in any team in either nth"A" or "nth"B". They are obviously very talented. The difference is one is young and the other is old. The older one still has the fire in the belly and consistently makes scores of 40 plus batting at 5 or 6. Plus he prides himself on an economy rate of a little over two and is still a wicket taker of class bats.

For me Matt just shades the Z, however the Z is still coming and I beleive it won't be long before he is a much sought after cricketer.

Ease up, Matty aint that fat. Similar players in that they hit the seam with some occasional inswing/seam; renentless line and length, variable bounce deceptive pace when you're relaxed at the crease. Certainly wont scare anybody, but will relax you into a false sense of security then zip one through you while you doze off. You then wake up and cant believe they got you out. Z is a better bat technically, but Chunk has more purpose at the crease and less finesse. Many of Albers district wickets were from grubbers and blokes targeting him as the weak link and hauling out. He knows it, but he worked for it too. Interesting cricketer in that he is a great example of a bloke with little ability (sorry chunk) but great results. Mental strength his greatest assett and proof it is the most valuable attribute also (see.. made up for it). Z should go back to Premier grade while still young enough. The right club should see him in the 1's within a season or 2 if he kisses enough asses and makes runs. Doubt he'd get a bowl tho.
2 awesome VTCA players in many regards and certainly worthy of comparison...at this level.

sniper;328754 said:
Ease up, Matty aint that fat. Similar players in that they hit the seam with some occasional inswing/seam; renentless line and length, variable bounce deceptive pace when you're relaxed at the crease. Certainly wont scare anybody, but will relax you into a false sense of security then zip one through you while you doze off. You then wake up and cant believe they got you out. Z is a better bat technically, but Chunk has more purpose at the crease and less finesse. Many of Albers district wickets were from grubbers and blokes targeting him as the weak link and hauling out. He knows it, but he worked for it too. Interesting cricketer in that he is a great example of a bloke with little ability (sorry chunk) but great results. Mental strength his greatest assett and proof it is the most valuable attribute also (see.. made up for it). Z should go back to Premier grade while still young enough. The right club should see him in the 1's within a season or 2 if he kisses enough asses and makes runs. Doubt he'd get a bowl tho.
2 awesome VTCA players in many regards and certainly worthy of comparison...at this level.
Ever played district pal? Grubbers on district wickets? I don't think so. Little ability but great results? Great results are born from enormous ability. Your post reads like you have been disrobed by him a few times. Keep your voyeuristic clap trap to yourself.

Dingo_Jones;328804 said:
Ever played district pal? Grubbers on district wickets? I don't think so. Little ability but great results? Great results are born from enormous ability. Your post reads like you have been disrobed by him a few times. Keep your voyeuristic clap trap to yourself.

Dingo he's obviously talking about Toorak park, now there was a ordinary track. Matty A has 4 shots he plays very very well but the key to his batting is he finds the gaps which is the difference between a good player and a very good player at this level. He'll go close getting Aber park the silverware this year and his performances have been outstanding. I still have a grave feeling if they caome against Werribee in a semi, I don't think they have the mental application to get through edrich but I hope I'm wrong. i have a close tie with the side and I would love the club to be successful for him. By the way DJ don't think i was in the paper as I would have had it in the scrap book straight up:p

OnTheLookout;328470 said:
Bainbridge Gaymer & Pietsch all missed the most important game of the year - wouldnt be happy if I was Parkville !!! Bainbridge and Gaymer at weddings whilst Peitsch works for Melbourne Football CLub and was required at their game.... good news for us !!!

Bottom 3 are getting relegated - if FU win we should be ok it seems, if we lose then we'll be in the mix with Abers (assuming they win o/right) and EK on a bonus point hunt.... as all should end up pretty close together.

IF FU win we will be 4-6 with draw (we were almost over line in a drawn game) - harsh to be near relegated with only just below a 50% record .....

you guys should win that game for sure then, Parkville are decimated without those players.

EK and FU both in winnable games as they stand so can't see Abers overtaking both of them. Abers/Seddon game will be set up for an Outright by the looks of it, cannot blame either team based on ladder position and with the current points based system, at least it keeps the games alive right through until the last ball is bowled

guess its over to both EK and FU to stand up and win those games if they don't want to be relegated

Nth B hotting up in final round, but what was the story with a washout between MValley and Flem at Flem? MV boys took the day off to watch the Ab Park v Jacana game. Pretty confident they will be given max points for the round due to Flem stuff up (broken hose left on the pitch!) Craigieburn pushing for 4th with first innings points already against the cellar dwellars (HCrossing). Ab Park v Jacana game very interesting. Jacca's again in with a shot even though only a low score. Ab Park exposed with the bat (most of their guns already out at 5/80). Jacana did well to take 5 with a bowler down and played one man short in the field. Werribee rolling along. Don't think they've lost a game since capitualting to Jacana in an outright defeat. Will be hard to beat.

Dingo_Jones;328804 said:

Yeah disrobed, never bowled a grubber, awesome physical talent.

He who knows best;328820 said:
you guys should win that game for sure then, Parkville are decimated without those players.

EK and FU both in winnable games as they stand so can't see Abers overtaking both of them. Abers/Seddon game will be set up for an Outright by the looks of it, cannot blame either team based on ladder position and with the current points based system, at least it keeps the games alive right through until the last ball is bowled

guess its over to both EK and FU to stand up and win those games if they don't want to be relegated

Parkville never seem to be at full strength when needed. Looks like another season where they come from nowhere to end nowhere. Some stability is required in that 1st 11 if they are ever to be real contenders.
FU dont deserve to be relegated and may be up there next season if they get their CC back or find someone alike. Preece 5 star season/Manning well..
Seddon made their own bed and can sleep in it. Never satisfied with pros!
Abers, been a bit of a joke this season with all the hype and 1 win.
EK just prove the importance of retaining your Pros From SeniorA to NorthB in no time. The umpa lumpas are still there tho.
St Albans losing Brne may have realised the importance of leadership and may now know what they're looking for? Hopefully, God willing, with any luck.
KP- deserve a shot at the title for being consistently in the upper quarter of the ladder. They are a low profile side that get the job done (good luck to em). The Misiti boys will need to play out of their skins for a flag. Murden may have to show up aswell. Bowling is ok at best.
AH- been a while in the making, but I feel they may be a player short in the batting dept for a 4 dayer. Bowlers will need to be outstanding in both innings if they are to clinch their 1st flag. Apart from TJ, who bats?
Tulla- Haven't gained the competitions respect and need to establish a more professional ethic on the field to be WORTHY contenders. Maybe lose that dummy keeper. Haven't got the bowlers to threaten anyhow and only 2 bats.
Gvale- Wether this is financially loaded or not, they will take out the flag with their 2 extra pros. Be nice to see them get done tho. To beat this mob you'd need to ensure Piz got 2 or less wickets and their 4 pro batsmen made no more than 100 between em in each innings. Tuff ask I recon.
And thats my 2c.

sniper;328909 said:
Parkville never seem to be at full strength when needed. Looks like another season where they come from nowhere to end nowhere. Some stability is required in that 1st 11 if they are ever to be real contenders.
FU dont deserve to be relegated and may be up there next season if they get their CC back or find someone alike. Preece 5 star season/Manning well..
EK just prove the importance of retaining your Pros From SeniorA to NorthB in no time. The umpa lumpas are still there tho.
St Albans losing Brne may have realised the importance of leadership and may now know what they're looking for? Hopefully, God willing, with any luck.
KP- deserve a shot at the title for being consistently in the upper quarter of the ladder. They are a low profile side that get the job done (good luck to em). The Misiti boys will need to play out of their skins for a flag. Murden may have to show up aswell. Bowling is ok at best.
AH- been a while in the making, but I feel they may be a player short in the batting dept for a 4 dayer. Bowlers will need to be outstanding in both innings if they are to clinch their 1st flag. Apart from TJ, who bats?
Tulla- Haven't gained the competitions respect and need to establish a more professional ethic on the field to be WORTHY contenders. Maybe lose that dummy keeper. Haven't got the bowlers to threaten anyhow and only 2 bats.
Gvale- Wether this is financially loaded or not, they will take out the flag with their 2 extra pros. Be nice to see them get done tho. To beat this mob you'd need to ensure Piz got 2 or less wickets and their 4 pro batsmen made no more than 100 between em in each innings. Tuff ask I recon.
And thats my 2c.

Pretty spot on with most of that I would reckon, AH to me lack depth and cant win, greenvale to definately play off, who'd of thought they would get smashed outright by the bottom side and then come out and score big runs. They had been written off by a few back then. KP really need to find a bowler to support Blanchett and i think thats there downfall. There batting drops away a fair bit as well. Tulla, well who knows, definately havent got the bowlers to win it, how does the left armer actually get a bowl in the ones let alone open.

You mentioned ten teams in your round up, any thoughts on the two that you missed

amazing how quick some of you experts jump on and off teams. Greenvale haven't even made the finals yet and to win a flag will need to win 4 straight sudden death games against the two top teams all in a row yet you wouldn't know it. It's anyones flag

Selma Bouvier;329177 said:
amazing how quick some of you experts jump on and off teams. Greenvale haven't even made the finals yet and to win a flag will need to win 4 straight sudden death games against the two top teams all in a row yet you wouldn't know it. It's anyones flag

Fair enough Selma, anything can happen in finals and the best team doesn't always win. You'd have to think gvale were favs tho;
GCourts: 466 @ 51.78
jKent: 329 @ 41.13
DPortou: 290 @ 32.22 (handy wildcard)
MInness: 245 @ 49.00 (5games)

BTW: KP are chasing 346 this weekend against gvale, I recon gvale are home there, also theres a semi and a grand final and thats 2 games not 4 isnt it :confused: Well...maybe in Springfield things are a little different. :p

Quite obviosuly you are a North C2 cricketer who just doesn't know how to get to and win Grand Finals. It's Greenvales flag

KP have a couple of match winners that could get them there but i doubt it, if Blanchett doesn't fire they will be out in the semi. AH have the star factor in TJ & the import but that's it nothing else on offer. Tulla have Z with the ball & Roach, Z & Windridge with the bat but that will not be enough. There bowling is very suspect & batting is very hit & miss. GV definately lack another bowler but their line up is very strong & their biggest concern is the semi. If they can get over the semi they will be hard to stop over 4 days of cricket, AH with the import & TJ might be a chance to run through them but not twice. GV for me.

Not sure what you mean by this comment.

As we lost most of our players once we went up to Senior A, players who liked playing cricket but didn't like driving an hour to get there.

The umpa lumpas comment is a bit harsh when three quarters of our side are under 21. The only players left from when you might of played us when we were last in North A are JB Butters and Hoges

2time;329223 said:
KP have a couple of match winners that could get them there but i doubt it, if Blanchett doesn't fire they will be out in the semi. AH have the star factor in TJ & the import but that's it nothing else on offer. Tulla have Z with the ball & Roach, Z & Windridge with the bat but that will not be enough. There bowling is very suspect & batting is very hit & miss. GV definately lack another bowler but their line up is very strong & their biggest concern is the semi. If they can get over the semi they will be hard to stop over 4 days of cricket, AH with the import & TJ might be a chance to run through them but not twice. GV for me.

I agree.

Greenvale best batting side in the comp by a long way. AH might win a semi if Jeffery makes a 100 like he did agaist St Bernards a few years ago, but Greenvale over 4 days i cannot see them beaten.

But as they say the hardest thing about winning a grand final is getting there and no-one has got there yet

7/564;329224 said:

Not sure what you mean by this comment.

As we lost most of our players once we went up to Senior A, players who liked playing cricket but didn't like driving an hour to get there.

The umpa lumpas comment is a bit harsh when three quarters of our side are under 21. The only players left from when you might of played us when we were last in North A are JB Butters and Hoges

I would assume they were talking about the Bells. Surely Dave Hackney and the Bells add to those who were around last time. Linardon played games for memory as well although not the greatest cricketer in the world

Canary Yellow;329229 said:
I would assume they were talking about the Bells. Surely Dave Hackney and the Bells add to those who were around last time. Linardon played games for memory as well although not the greatest cricketer in the world

Far point, Linardon was playing seconds last time we were in North A.

J.Bell is still playing but cannot train due to work but still has had a good season about 300 runs and 19 wickets,A.Bell has only played about 3 games this year due to moving house and having a baby and Dave due to a new job has only played a handful of games wish has hurt us and Butterworth moved back from Qld and started playing from about round 4 and was starting to hit some form before he broke his hand and missed our last 2 games.

Canary Yellow;329221 said:
Quite obviosuly you are a North C2 cricketer who just doesn't know how to get to and win Grand Finals. It's Greenvales flag

alrightly then. Tipping I know a little bit ;) If you think winning 5 innings in a row against the two most proven sides is that simple then maybe your the one playing C2. We will worry about making the finals first then we are as good a chance as anyone.

Question for all, when comparing wickets to runs what is the quivalent. I go with the theory that a wicket is worth 20 runs thus 5 wockets is worth a ton. Most people go with the theory that a 7 for is equivalent to a ton. In the middle of doing the votes for grade medals & some different thoughts could be handy?????

2time;329285 said:
Question for all, when comparing wickets to runs what is the quivalent. I go with the theory that a wicket is worth 20 runs thus 5 wockets is worth a ton. Most people go with the theory that a 7 for is equivalent to a ton. In the middle of doing the votes for grade medals & some different thoughts could be handy?????

If you go by the VTCA bonus points system then 20 runs is equal to wicket.

So 5 wickets is a hundred.

I no my club gives out an award for a 100 and 7 wickets not 5.

Personaly i think 5 wickets is great but 6 wickets should equal 100 runs.

sniper;328909 said:
And thats my 2c.

Pretty Good!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back