North A & B

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: North A & B

OnTheLookout;347290 said:
I'm with Jika - I think it'll only be 8 - they wont find other teams who want to be promoted I wouldnt think....

The email says only grand finalists will be automatically promoted so others need to apply if they wish to go up.

Greenvale would jump at the chance to play higher and you would think Tulla would as well and there is your 10 teams

jika jika;347367 said:
Why is it crap?. Do you have a better idea?. Say hi to steve who?. If its steve brne you mean, he will cost a club in the vtca 9 points, and Im sure a bloke who got 60 wickets in nth A 2 yrs ago will pick up a coaching/paid job somewhere, but it wont be with us. You have announced to the world your going to coach Deer Park this year, so Ill give you some advise for free, dont critisize things you dont understand, educate yourself or your coaching stint at Deer Park will be as short as your playing career at West Newport in a premiership year.

im glad i made the jump......cause i was a premiership player/coach the next 2years after i left........id take a subbies champ final before a vtca nth b or whatever it was........

fark if steve is worth 9 dan barletta would be a 9 also........quality player

thanks tim nielson........i dont need your advice

Transfer news!!

Heard from Footscray united lads that they have snatched T Jeffrey from Avondale Heights CC. ONTheLookout can confrim that..is it true?

I would think that would be a massive blow for Avondale given they will definately lose their Srilankan Import next year -that leaves 'em without their best 2 players fro next season. Add to that Matty Albers and M Dodds leaving the season before some massive talent drain from that club, paying a heavy price for their success. Given all that you woudn't think they would be able to compete if promoted, unlikely they would be competitive even if they stayed down considering the recuitment drive from the likes of st albans and others. Gr$$nvale would certainly be a strong club if they go up, even though they lost the semi to KP.

Anyone else has some transfer news?

weapons05/06;347369 said:
im glad i made the jump......cause i was a premiership player/coach the next 2years after i left........id take a subbies champ final before a vtca nth b or whatever it was........

You are a legend in your own lifetime...or should that be "in your own head".

Everywhere I look on BigCricket you are making uneducated and uninformed comments about other Comps. Seriously, take the advice given to you by many different people in many different comps and stick to commenting on your own Comp.

If Subbies is such a high standard (through your rose tinted glasses) then take the challenge the VTCA have put to you the last 5 years and put a Comp side on the park. Too soft and wrapped up in your own self-importance. Easy to take a Cricket Victoria $$ handout every year and pretend you are important....

Enjoy Deer Park !!! (While the rest of Western Suburban cricket laughs at you...)

I wouldve thought Greenvale / Tulla wouldve wanted to win a NorthA flag first, but if they just want to get to senior division asap I suppose they may take the "bonus" promotion...

TJ will be coaching FUCC this season! Club is very pleased with his signing (but slightly bewildered how quickly news spread given it was only announced last night).

Speaking for myself rather than for the club, he seems to be an excellent bloke and excellent player, perfect choice to lead the club in what is hopefully the start of another strong era .....

One more bowler would be nice though (are there any clubs not thinking this) ?

I notice you choose not to offer any alternative to a points system, easy to critisize, but nothing intelligent to offer. As for Steve, as i said before 60 wickets and a premiership 2 yrs ago will get him a job somewhere in the lower grades. Not sure who Dan Barletta is, but if he's as handy as Steve you should get him to Deer Park because he'll get you 100 wickets on that shitheap. Congrats on your premierships at Willi, hope you dont have 2 or 3 of your Deer Park players leave at xmas and let you down. And superstar, best you start listening to some advise because coaching seniors and coaching juniors is a totally different thing and the crap you go on with here will have you sacked or punched up by rd 6. Good luck

i believe its a straight swap... suares for jeffrie also heard you ex president is making his way home from avondale.?????

jika jika;347379 said:
I notice you choose not to offer any alternative to a points system, easy to critisize, but nothing intelligent to offer. As for Steve, as i said before 60 wickets and a premiership 2 yrs ago will get him a job somewhere in the lower grades. Not sure who Dan Barletta is, but if he's as handy as Steve you should get him to Deer Park because he'll get you 100 wickets on that shitheap. Congrats on your premierships at Willi, hope you dont have 2 or 3 of your Deer Park players leave at xmas and let you down. And superstar, best you start listening to some advise because coaching seniors and coaching juniors is a totally different thing and the crap you go on with here will have you sacked or punched up by rd 6. Good luck

Who you kidding...Wont make it to Round 6...Combination of popularity and a pea-heart will see to that !!

fredbassett;346990 said:
john thrush from albion to coach west meadows

im hearing different.....john thrush to coach st albans......a mcammond(foots)to captian with david wolfe and a couple other bats from altona(subbies).....you spend good coin you get the good players......

OnTheLookout;347308 said:
I wouldve thought Greenvale / Tulla wouldve wanted to win a NorthA flag first, but if they just want to get to senior division asap I suppose they may take the "bonus" promotion...

TJ will be coaching FUCC this season! Club is very pleased with his signing (but slightly bewildered how quickly news spread given it was only announced last night).

Speaking for myself rather than for the club, he seems to be an excellent bloke and excellent player, perfect choice to lead the club in what is hopefully the start of another strong era .....

I don't want to sound negative or anything, but isn't this a bit of deja vu at Footscray United. Congrats on getting a pretty handy cricketer and yes he did get Avondale to a GF this year, but he is spineless, sets negative fields and will up and leave sooner then you even realise. Don't get me wrong, i would take the bloke in my side but he has left Avondale before, went to OEG couldn't handle the pressure and jumped again. Now he has seen a few blokes leave Heights and jumped off a sinking ship again. Not quite the loyalty I would be looking for in a coach. Further to that, weren't these exact words coming out last season wih the great signing of W.Suares. DEJA VU me thinks. Be interesting to see how many overs he bowls at home next season on a small ground. Anything less then 700 runs on that track and ground will be disappointing i would imagine.

weapons05/06;347331 said:
im hearing different.....john thrush to coach st albans......a mcammond(foots)to captian with david wolfe and a couple other bats from altona(subbies).....you spend good coin you get the good players......

If what you are saying is correct and Dunn was to play, that would only leave them with 7 points for 5 players, they do have some juniors but it would be tight.

jika jika;347379 said:

yes tim got no doubt coaching snrs is different to coaching jnrs.....der i was just giving an opinion and im not here to argue if you dont like it stiff sh1t.....
anyway jika you look after what your doing and ill do the same........

and dont congratulate me on the premiership i was just lucky enough to be in form at the right time to be picked.......

sh1theap.......tell me about it......

cheers

Ifya Adballs;347339 said:
If what you are saying is correct and Dunn was to play, that would only leave them with 7 points for 5 players, they do have some juniors but it would be tight.

i dunno about this points system mate....to be honest i recon its crap...though the goat herders would be a pretty handy line up.......

Not Just Empty Words;347378 said:

Everywhere I look on BigCricket you are making uneducated and uninformed comments about other Comps. Seriously, take the advice given to you by many different people in many different comps and stick to commenting on your own Comp.

If Subbies is such a high standard (through your rose tinted glasses) then take the challenge the VTCA have put to you the last 5 years and put a Comp side on the park. Too soft and wrapped up in your own self-importance. Easy to take a Cricket Victoria $$ handout every year and pretend you are important....

Enjoy Deer Park !!! (While the rest of Western Suburban cricket laughs at you...)

mmmmmm im sorry this bigcricket site is run by you.....who are you????

subbies has a rep team every year........im not on the exec and i dont choose who they play......would be a great spectacle.....no doubt good players running around in the subbies as does the vtca........with this points system though some clubs might be brought back to the field which would be tough for the teams in the top echelon atm.......

i would like to see subbies v vtca rep game dont worry about that.......

weapons05/06;347343 said:
i dunno about this points system mate....to be honest i recon its crap...though the goat herders would be a pretty handy line up.......

You dont know about this points system but you reckon its crap??? Sounds logical....... not!!! Mate the comp had to do something about the previous 2 paid player rule, and they have..... lets just give it a chance to play out and then make some constructive crticism. And from what i hear, you wont have to worry about being part of the vtca, so dont worry ya good self over it.....

weapons05/06;347385 said:

subbies has a rep team every year........im not on the exec and i dont choose we we/they play......

i would like to see subbies v vtca rep game dont worry about that.......[/QUOTE]

So would the VTCA. Shame the Subbies keep turning down the opportunity...

weapons05/06;347343 said:

If you dont know, dont presume

Not Just Empty Words;347386 said:

subbies has a rep team every year........im not on the exec and i dont choose we we/they play......

i would like to see subbies v vtca rep game dont worry about that.......[/QUOTE]

i wouldnt know subbies play a sth australian rep team well they did the last 2 seasons......

see most quality subbie players dont play in these games any way and its hard to get a full strength squad up for these games....

jika jika;347360 said:
If you dont know, dont presume

well the 54 points each team is alocated is crap.......or whatever it is......

the cy boys have spoken.......say hi to steve for me........;) he'd be worth 9 or 10 of the best.......

weapons05/06;347388 said:
i wouldnt know subbies play a sth australian rep team well they did the last 2 seasons......

see most quality subbie players dont play in these games any way and its hard to get a full strength squad up for these games....

Is the reason you give yourself for never getting a game...

weapons05/06;347363 said:
well the 54 points each team is alocated is crap.......or whatever it is......

the cy boys have spoken.......say hi to steve for me........;) he'd be worth 9 or 10 of the best.......

Why is it crap?. Do you have a better idea?. Say hi to steve who?. If its steve brne you mean, he will cost a club in the vtca 9 points, and Im sure a bloke who got 60 wickets in nth A 2 yrs ago will pick up a coaching/paid job somewhere, but it wont be with us. You have announced to the world your going to coach Deer Park this year, so Ill give you some advise for free, dont critisize things you dont understand, educate yourself or your coaching stint at Deer Park will be as short as your playing career at West Newport in a premiership year.

jika jika;347367 said:

subbies has a rep team every year........im not on the exec and i dont choose who they play......would be a great spectacle.....no doubt good players running around in the subbies as does the vtca........with this points system though some clubs might be brought back to the field which would be tough for the teams in the top echelon atm.......

more uninformed dribble. The points system will reward clubs that recruit wisely and take a 3-4 year view, It will make the smart clubs stronger.

weapons05/06;347331 said:

did hear it from a few of the westy...as for all these new recruits for st abans
theyll soon realise what shite hole it is...

bit hard on st albans there fred. agree the area is pretty rough and the pitch isn't the best (or worst mind you!!) but the facilities there are first class. for the sake of comparison, where are you from????

jika jika;347379 said:

Who you kidding...Wont make it to Round 6...Combination of popularity and a pea-heart will see to that !!

fredbassett;347326 said:
i believe its a straight swap... suares for jeffrie also heard you ex president is making his way home from avondale.?????

First Ive heard in relation to the ex-pres. Personally I'd be more than happy to let bygones be bygones, but a few bridges were burnt around the time of his exit that would need some serious discussion to rebuild. If this process had started I would know about it so I dare say no truth in this one Fred...... More likely he has just lessened his involvement at Avo as he runs a small business and its a tough economy at the moment...

As for "Wallop" questioning our recruiting of TJ, he and Waz are very different people who just happened to be recruited from same club. I wouldnt think it is too relevant to how he/we will go moving forward.

As I said I am excited by the capture of Tarique and confident it will be a very good move by the club. Did I think this last year - yes. Was I wrong - yes. Is this relevant - No.

OnTheLookout;347308 said:

I don't want to sound negative or anything, but isn't this a bit of deja vu at Footscray United. Congrats on getting a pretty handy cricketer and yes he did get Avondale to a GF this year, but he is spineless, sets negative fields and will up and leave sooner then you even realise. Don't get me wrong, i would take the bloke in my side but he has left Avondale before, went to OEG couldn't handle the pressure and jumped again. Now he has seen a few blokes leave Heights and jumped off a sinking ship again. Not quite the loyalty I would be looking for in a coach. Further to that, weren't these exact words coming out last season wih the great signing of W.Suares. DEJA VU me thinks. Be interesting to see how many overs he bowls at home next season on a small ground. Anything less then 700 runs on that track and ground will be disappointing i would imagine.

OnTheLookout;347582 said:
First Ive heard in relation to the ex-pres.
As for "Wallop" questioning our recruiting of TJ, he and Waz are very different people who just happened to be recruited from same club. I wouldnt think it is too relevant to how he/we will go moving forward.

As I said I am excited by the capture of Tarique and confident it will be a very good move by the club. Did I think this last year - yes. Was I wrong - yes. Is this relevant - No.

suprises me that tarique would go to you guys as he and wazza are the best of mates.

jika jika;347379 said:

yes tim got no doubt coaching snrs is different to coaching jnrs.....der i was just giving an opinion and im not here to argue if you dont like it stiff sh1t.....
anyway jika you look after what your doing and ill do the same........

and dont congratulate me on the premiership i was just lucky enough to be in form at the right time to be picked.......

sh1theap.......tell me about it......

cheers

Subbies Vs VTCA game would be a great spectacle. Would love to see it. I think the subbies would have the edge slightly, of course no disrespect to the VTCA at all, just top level subbies players a bit classier than top level VTCA. Having said that, the bottom four clubs in Senior Division would destroy the bottom four clubs in subbies. Outright. Subbies has class but no depth.

Not Just Empty Words;347378 said:

tcnthat;347972 said:
Subbies Vs VTCA game would be a great spectacle. Would love to see it. I think the subbies would have the edge slightly, of course no disrespect to the VTCA at all, just top level subbies players a bit classier than top level VTCA. Having said that, the bottom four clubs in Senior Division would destroy the bottom four clubs in subbies. Outright. Subbies has class but no depth.

Hopefully the Subbies take the challenge one day...VTCA would love to put its best team on the park for this fixture. If taken seriously by the SUbbies could be a great day of cricket.
Come on Subbies....take the challenge, dont run scared any longer....

hey guys does any body know when the new grades will be done?

i ask because someone (cant remember who) Said there was a restrucure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back