North A & B

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: North A & B

Agree with most of that, except Greenvale will thrash FU. While Greenvale are a little overated, they still have the best bowler in the comp and will easily account for a very understrength FU outfit.

And what is with all the admiration for Manning?? Since when has he been a much loved cricketer?? I guess most of u guys never played against him. Ordinary bloke and only thing worse than his sportsmanship was his bowling!! If his ego matched his ability he would be hanging up his Baggy Green now instead of the FU red. He was a slightly above avergage bat and pretty good slipper. Thats about it

He who knows best;291320 said:
this weeks games

Round 6
13 Dec, 20 Dec(1:00 PM) Footscray United v Greenvale Angliss Reserve View
13 Dec, 20 Dec(1:00 PM) Albion v Avondale Heights Robert Bruce Reserve View
13 Dec, 20 Dec(1:00 PM) Keilor Park v Aberfeldie Keilor Park Reserve View
13 Dec, 20 Dec(1:00 PM) St Albans v East Keilor Kings Park Reserve View
13 Dec, 20 Dec(1:00 PM) Westmeadows v Tullamarine Tullamarine Reserve View
13 Dec, 20 Dec(1:00 PM) Parkville District v Seddon Brens Oval View

your thoughts ?

FU to win, Greenvale have won against v.aver teams and are v.lucky to be as high on the ladder as they are due to that

AV Heights to reassert themselves after the result against KP AH seem a very hot and cold unit

KP to win outright

St Alb to start cementing themselves into finals contention

Tulla to win in the match of the round, Westmeadows are in with a chance though

Seddon to smash Parkville who are in major trouble at present (how did they beat Westmeadows ?)

anyone else with an opinion

Greenvale should win this one easy, FU not full strengh.

Ah to win.

Keilor park to win easy and just miss out on outright.

seddon's batting will be to strong.

Westmeadows to win they have a solid and pretty even outfit .

I will leave the East keilor St Albans game till i see the ins for EK

No offence 7fa, but considering EK have won 1 of their last 15, and are playing a team that has made finals for the last 2 years, I dont think the EK in's will matter. St Albans for me.

IntoThe Wind;291390 said:
No offence 7fa, but considering EK have won 1 of their last 15, and are playing a team that has made finals for the last 2 years, I dont think the EK in's will matter. St Albans for me.

Thats fine, no offence taken.

But i did get told the same thing last week :D

IntoThe Wind;291359 said:
Agree with most of that, except Greenvale will thrash FU. While Greenvale are a little overated, they still have the best bowler in the comp and will easily account for a very understrength FU outfit.

And what is with all the admiration for Manning?? Since when has he been a much loved cricketer?? I guess most of u guys never played against him. Ordinary bloke and only thing worse than his sportsmanship was his bowling!! If his ego matched his ability he would be hanging up his Baggy Green now instead of the FU red. He was a slightly above avergage bat and pretty good slipper. Thats about it

A bit harsh Into the Wind. I wouldnt say Manning is much loved but i would say he is competitive rather than unsportsmanlike. Granted his bowling can be crap but he has probably finished top 5 or 10 in the Scriven medal every year since i can remember. Also loyalty wise he is a lot better than some of these other Capt/coaches (Suares, Brne etc) Leaving every time a better offer comes along. He took a pretty average team to the finals a few times and probably averages under 20 with the pill even though he bowls the odd shocker. He gets blamed for poor sportsmanship, my mail is it was Preece who ran out Montebello in that StAlbans game. Also no way is he and Preece blewing they are best mates.

I will applaud Manning for his loyalty. 10 years is a long time, especially when I dont believe he had any real ties to the club before he first came across. But from what I have witnessed of him over the years, I would not describe him as a great sportsman. Not saying he is a cheat, but I wouldn't be going overboard with praise either. I guess one person "competitiveness" is anothers "poor sport". Depends on your point of view.....

7/564;290415 said:
Good side, John Bell from EK would be up there for an allrounder spot

Not a bad side but some of you blokes get caught up with new guys who have done nothing in this comp. You have to reward solid performances for a couple of years at least. Pizzaro, Shanahan, Windridge done nothing yet.

S. McKay (FU) WK
D. Hackney (EK)
G. Lambeth (WM)
D. Roach (Tulla)
J. Misiti (KP)
A. Manning (FU)
J. Bell (EK)
T. Jeffrey (AH)
D. Zhorodni (Tulla)
S. Brne (whoever)
K. Kambur...... (AH)
12th Bainbridge or Gaymer (PD)
All of these guys have performed consistently. heaps of bowling with 3 seamers, Jeffrey. Bell, Manning & Lambeth to bowl a few overs if necessary. Shame C. Osborne (StBernards) has gone up he would have been a monty and captain.

goneforplenty;291416 said:
Not a bad side but some of you blokes get caught up with new guys who have done nothing in this comp. You have to reward solid performances for a couple of years at least. Pizzaro, Shanahan, Windridge done nothing yet.

S. McKay (FU) WK
D. Hackney (EK)
G. Lambeth (WM)
D. Roach (Tulla)
J. Misiti (KP)
A. Manning (FU)
J. Bell (EK)
T. Jeffrey (AH)
D. Zhorodni (Tulla)
S. Brne (whoever)
K. Kambur...... (AH)
All of these guys have performed consistently. heaps of bowling with 3 seamers, Jeffrey. Bell, Manning & Lambeth to bowl a few overs if necessary. Shame C. Osborne (StBernards) has gone up he would have been a monty and captain.

Pizaro 26 wickets @ 9 :eek:

goneforplenty;291416 said:

S. McKay (FU) WK
D. Hackney (EK)
G. Lambeth (WM)
D. Roach (Tulla)
J. Misiti (KP)
A. Manning (FU)
J. Bell (EK)
T. Jeffrey (AH)
D. Zhorodni (Tulla)
S. Brne (whoever)
K. Kambur...... (AH)

S. McKay (FU) WK looking at stats from previous years he only had one cosistent year, last season, b4 that he was not much chop with the bat. You also have to consider the postage stamp of a ground he bats on every 2nd week. I Know these things are about personal opninions etc. So in large i have no issues with the side u put up here. But saying u picked ur side on performed consistently. is the bit i would question. so in ur view a guy like Mckay struggles with bat for all bar 1 year and that makes him consistent. I would argue Ricki Misiti has been more cosistent than him. Granted mckay did ok with the bat but what happened 3-6 years before that.performed consistently argument doesn't wash with me with this selection here mate.

ROY G BIV;291462 said:
S. McKay (FU) WK looking at stats from previous years he only had one cosistent year, last season, b4 that he was not much chop with the bat. You also have to consider the postage stamp of a ground he bats on every 2nd week. I Know these things are about personal opninions etc. So in large i have no issues with the side u put up here. But saying u picked ur side on performed consistently. is the bit i would question. so in ur view a guy like Mckay struggles with bat for all bar 1 year and that makes him consistent. I would argue Ricki Misiti has been more cosistent than him. Granted mckay did ok with the bat but what happened 3-6 years before that.performed consistently argument doesn't wash with me with this selection here mate.

Mckay has had 2 ok years and he is only 21. Selected more for his keeping. Not many real good keepers around and definately not many good opening bats. Ricky Misiti very dangerous but very hit and miss. Either one would be fine. Hackney also a good keeper but hasnt played much this year. 6 years ago Mckay 15 hard for him to do much damage at that age. I get your point though.

ROY G BIV;291242 said:
[/B]

Well if that's true then i suggets its an end of an era for FootUnited, a rather successful period in their history as far as the 1X1 is concerned.

I remember they used to be cellar dewellars in the SCA and then Ash CCoached a very competitive side to a flag against ST Albans if my memory is correct. Then in the VTCA he led the club to a number of Finals appearnaces with out ever really threatning to win the Flag. Age eventually cathes up to all with us even if we like it or not, so again if this rumor is true. THen well played Ash, as they say love him or loathe him the big Fella can be regarded as a terrific Cricketer @ this level with Bat and bowl. Not many Vtca Cricketers have a district 1X1 100 next to their name, Ash did for NthMelbourne and 10 years @ 1 club that deserves some acknowlegement, somehow i don't think suares will be @ footunited for 10 years :) would be intersted to know if he actually spent more than a couple of years @ any club. I may be wrong but i reckon he's one of those blokes who believes in always looking after no:1, club is a distant second if that. Sorry very harsh who knows maybe i am wrong about that?

OK bigfella, Goodluck with ur footy coaching, it was always fun playing against you, never short of a word, even when your leggies bounced 10 times before reaching the batter more than a few didn't even reach the batsman...but ur were always competitive & that's what we like to see.

Well said. Ten years service at the one club is very commendable. I seem to recall he arrived at the club at a time when the club had tried a few coaches whom were uinable to improve there position on the ladder.

Enter Manning at considerable expense I believe. He brought a couple of gun cricketers with him and in two years F/u broke a 20 year drought by winning the premiership in 98/99.

He certainly is a fierce competitor, I've played against him many times. He leaves you in no doubt what he thinks of your ability as a cricketer and is one of the best sledgers in cricket. The sooks in the comp sook up real bad and call him egotistical and arrogant. Show me a man that is arrogant with an ego and I'll show you a champion.

Manning being just short of 40 is by no means too old for Nth"A" cricket. It's just a matter of, Is there any fire in the belly?

Talking to some of his fellow team mates, that long hop he is famous for is probably his best wicket taking ball. Right handers that try to pull it almost always play it in the air as there is a huge amount of spin on it. Somehow I think he does it on purpose.

F/U will miss him. There's an old saying in show business,"If there talking about you, whether it is good or bad, it means you have made an impression.

Brne from Albion goes all right as an opener, a bit hit & miss but as damaging as any other opener in the comp.

goneforplenty;291582 said:
Mckay has had 2 ok years and he is only 21. Selected more for his keeping. Not many real good keepers around and definately not many good opening bats. Ricky Misiti very dangerous but very hit and miss. Either one would be fine. Hackney also a good keeper but hasnt played much this year. 6 years ago Mckay 15 hard for him to do much damage at that age. I get your point though.

I think you have the wrong Hackney. D.Hackney is not a keeper his brother W.Hackney is the keeper but no longer playing in the VTCA

NorthClubsDontPayPlayers;291756 said:
Where has W Hackney gone and why did he leave EK? They seem to need him...

He moved house, so playing around the corner.

Is Captain at Syd Hillside this year, went last year.

Big lose but can understand why he went, still pops down every now and then for beer which is good

He who knows best;290217 said:
have Abers had a walkout of players ?

where is Berzins who had been batting at 3 for them & Hickmott the young player who was batting 6/7 and getting some wickets for them early in the season ?

Was surprised to read this, but that actually may be the case... noticed that between there last 2 games 4 blokes didnt play - Berzins x2, Hickmott & Irving - all injuries or a possible walkout?? i guess it's just speculation at this stage but it wouldnt surprise

Supernintendo Chalmers;291815 said:
Was surprised to read this, but that actually may be the case... noticed that between there last 2 games 4 blokes didnt play - Berzins x2, Hickmott & Irving - all injuries or a possible walkout?? i guess it's just speculation at this stage but it wouldnt surprise

no walkouts down at abers....1 injury and a wedding...with another guy over seas back after XMAS. happens to all clubs.

eagle;291868 said:
no walkouts down at abers....1 injury and a wedding...with another guy over seas back after XMAS. happens to all clubs.

whats is the vibe at Abers at the moment Eagle ? :confused:

they can't make a run and although their bowling seems to get them into games you need to make runs to have an impact ?

is old man Shanahan making any difference to the club with him haiving been a former long term distrcit player and well related you would think the club would hope he would ?

season isn't over for Abers but they are teetering on the brink of North B next year with a few other clubs with them :eek:

He who knows best;291320 said:
this weeks games

Round 6
13 Dec, 20 Dec(1:00 PM) Footscray United v Greenvale Angliss Reserve View
13 Dec, 20 Dec(1:00 PM) Albion v Avondale Heights Robert Bruce Reserve View
13 Dec, 20 Dec(1:00 PM) Keilor Park v Aberfeldie Keilor Park Reserve View
13 Dec, 20 Dec(1:00 PM) St Albans v East Keilor Kings Park Reserve View
13 Dec, 20 Dec(1:00 PM) Westmeadows v Tullamarine Tullamarine Reserve View
13 Dec, 20 Dec(1:00 PM) Parkville District v Seddon Brens Oval View

your thoughts ?

FU to win, Greenvale have won against v.aver teams and are v.lucky to be as high on the ladder as they are due to that

AV Heights to reassert themselves after the result against KP AH seem a very hot and cold unit

KP to win outright

St Alb to start cementing themselves into finals contention

Tulla to win in the match of the round, Westmeadows are in with a chance though

Seddon to smash Parkville who are in major trouble at present (how did they beat Westmeadows ?)

anyone else with an opinion

Grennvale to win agianst an undermanned Footunited especially if they put out the same side as last week, missing too many regulars to threaten Greenvale? For greenvale i think they r 2-2 so can't afford to lose this.Again they've quality batters who are not producing.

Avondale should be very disappointed with letting slip an excellent opportunity to remain undefeated with a poor batting effort, should bounce back agianst Albion. If Avondale get consistency into their batting they'll be a very difficult mob to beat, but blokes form heights reckon they've always had issues in regards to consistenty with the bat, even during last 4/5 years when they have been around the top 4. They reckon they've got some batting talent in that side, well if that's so, for their sake i hope they start firing soon. There will be a bit of niggle in this game i reckon there always is between these 2. Interested to see how Avondale bounce back.
THye SHould make it 4-1 wouldn't wanna be 3-2 massive difference init.

Aberfeldie will do well to avoid outright, KP pitch by all reports is not that flash so KP have a WO Chance if they r good enough.
St Albans would also be eyeing an outright to make up for some disappointing loses this season and make a charge for top 4. Ek did well last week if they put up a similar effort with bat St Albans could be tested. Note In recent(last 2) years St ablans lose more than win the close games.

Tulla favourites, i don't know but i still don't rate westmeadows a finals contender they r an honest side without anything classy. Sorry that's the way i see them at this stage, again as i said in an earlier post if Westy make finals they would well n truely deserve it considering they draw they have alot of competitive sides to get over. On the other hand St Albans have a favouable draw for the remainder of this season.

on form Seddon but anyone know what's doing with parkville they have always been prone to ordinary performances with bat ever since i can remeber but they bowlers have always been competitve, however this year they seem to struggling all around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back