North A & B

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: North A & B

Dingo_Jones;293057 said:
Suares has proved he can coach. He took Seddon to a nth A premiership and avondale to a grand final. I think you'll find there are people on footscray's committee who would'nt let the truth get in the way of a good story. Especially a story that suitably covers there arse. From my info the committee in there alledged stupor did not immediately fix the problem with Manning and Suares. Instead they took the sergeant schultz line "I know nothing" and tried to let it slide.

How would you feel in Suares place knowing the committee was being half arsed about fixing the problem? Any professional would have walked faced with the same situation. 6 trainings and 2 saturdays becomes quite irrelevent when there is inaction from a committee aflicted with alleged priapism.

The committee in my opinion has done irreparable damage to the clubs reputation. Any coach game enough to take them on in the future would have to demand $8000 up front, with the stipulation that he walks at the first sign of any dilusional tendencies.

Having said that, let me say this. I don't think it will be long before they throw there hands up in the air and say it's all too hard and disappear from the V>T>C>A>

Ithink Hodgkiss might have coached Seddon to that flag mate, not sure but i don't think it was Suares. Any coach who took that job was going to have problems with Manning, good player who probably got the best out of himself & the players around him. But Ash has one of the biggest ego's cutting around & was always going to dislike being told what to do.

with the weather predicted to come this week (rain Weds/Thurs/Fri) and with the soaking over the weekend would there be a huge chance this Sat could be called off too ?

He who knows best;293718 said:
with the weather predicted to come this week (rain Weds/Thurs/Fri) and with the soaking over the weekend would there be a huge chance this Sat could be called off too ?

ROY G BIV;292308 said:
Suares Foot united?
Although i dunno if suares could be rated Very high profile

comeon mate tell us?:)

ROY G BIV;291878 said:
Grennvale to win agianst an undermanned Footunited especially if they put out the same side as last week, missing too many regulars to threaten Greenvale? For greenvale i think they r 2-2 so can't afford to lose this.Again they've quality batters who are not producing.

Avondale should be very disappointed with letting slip an excellent opportunity to remain undefeated with a poor batting effort, should bounce back agianst Albion. If Avondale get consistency into their batting they'll be a very difficult mob to beat, but blokes form heights reckon they've always had issues in regards to consistenty with the bat, even during last 4/5 years when they have been around the top 4. They reckon they've got some batting talent in that side, well if that's so, for their sake i hope they start firing soon. There will be a bit of niggle in this game i reckon there always is between these 2. Interested to see how Avondale bounce back.
THye SHould make it 4-1 wouldn't wanna be 3-2 massive difference init.

Aberfeldie will do well to avoid outright, KP pitch by all reports is not that flash so KP have a WO Chance if they r good enough.
St Albans would also be eyeing an outright to make up for some disappointing loses this season and make a charge for top 4. Ek did well last week if they put up a similar effort with bat St Albans could be tested. Note In recent(last 2) years St ablans lose more than win the close games.

Tulla favourites, i don't know but i still don't rate westmeadows a finals contender they r an honest side without anything classy. Sorry that's the way i see them at this stage, again as i said in an earlier post if Westy make finals they would well n truely deserve it considering they draw they have alot of competitive sides to get over. On the other hand St Albans have a favouable draw for the remainder of this season.

on form Seddon but anyone know what's doing with parkville they have always been prone to ordinary performances with bat ever since i can remeber but they bowlers have always been competitve, however this year they seem to struggling all around.

HAven't checked the forecast myself but u r correct and it deos rain wed,thus n fri then NO Cricket is a Guaranteed. Only hope is if friday stays fine and ofcourse sat rains stays away.

On Suares, predicted this would happen if they lost more than they won, if u notice my earlier post even b4 the start of the season. I Told u So. As i mentioned a number of times b4 ASh+ suares was never going to work although i could not have predicted both gone by rnd 5. On Foot committee i think they can't play the victim anymore, didn;t they know Suares history and what about their own man ash. Committe has to take alot of the reponsibily which they don;t seem to be doing. Having said that i think they did give it a go by hiring an Import & Suares, last year their batting was ok but bowling ordinay so the commitee went out and got two guys who could bowl and suares added some more batting to their middle order. On paper these blokes should've challenged for finals but what has trandpired i guess is a worst case senario for that club. I don't no if any one, whether it be the club, suares or ash comes off with their heads held high from the whole sorry saga. How many wins do u reckon they need to avoid relegation. Does all this make 'em favs to go down to Nth b or as Dingo suggested away from VTCA.

Enough of the schamble that is foot united. WHat about the tips this week folks, as u may agree one dayers more chance of an upset than a 2 dayer.
There are always few underdogs getting up.

I find it odd we are bagging the committe of any club, most likely made up of former or current players who are volunteering to help the joint out...

If we are going to bag the committee of any club, and take the side of a mercenary like Suares or ego like Manning then I think we are missing the point....

Roy summed it up well - the club seems to have recruited good players to have a crack at finals - if the plaayers cant behave like adults that is hardly the fault of the committee.... Suares and Manning both signed up for the year knowing the other one was there asummedly.

And if we belive what is says on here Manning had already walked so Suares seems to have been backed by committee then he hasnt done the job and has been given the @ss - if what gone for plenty says is right and he didnt even show up to the game then what choice does a club have !!

Back to cricket I say !!! Avo and KP looking good for 2 finals spots- Greenvale should be strong too.... Other spot very open

At bottom, EK and Parkville ordinary - if 2 more to go FU probably in trouble now but still have some good players there and havent played EK or PD yet. Seddon and Albion other candidates for bottom 2 I think.

The Big Zee;293812 said:
I find it odd we are bagging the committe of any club, most likely made up of former or current players who are volunteering to help the joint out...

If we are going to bag the committee of any club, and take the side of a mercenary like Suares or ego like Manning then I think we are missing the point....

Roy summed it up well - the club seems to have recruited good players to have a crack at finals - if the plaayers cant behave like adults that is hardly the fault of the committee.... Suares and Manning both signed up for the year knowing the other one was there asummedly.

And if we belive what is says on here Manning had already walked so Suares seems to have been backed by committee then he hasnt done the job and has been given the @ss - if what gone for plenty says is right and he didnt even show up to the game then what choice does a club have !!

Back to cricket I say !!! Avo and KP looking good for 2 finals spots- Greenvale should be strong too.... Other spot very open

At bottom, EK and Parkville ordinary - if 2 more to go FU probably in trouble now but still have some good players there and havent played EK or PD yet. Seddon and Albion other candidates for bottom 2 I think.

Agree re Avo & KP, not very hard those one's though
Tulla not in the mix ? I believe they will finish top 2

about 5 teams in the mix for 4th spot
Greenvale need to make runs

As for relegation, how does Abers not get a mention Z ?

FU even with the troubles have a squad 100 times better than them and the others you have mentioned.

FU will still win more games than any of those below them

I don't disagree with you on either - I dont know much about Tulla so it was something of an oversite, but they do seem to be going well. Abers are very ordinary and have been for years so you are right, they will be in the relegation hotpot too.

If thats EK PD Seddon FU Albion and Abers in relegation discussions that only leaves 6 others - St Albans are no good and I cant see Westmeadows making it, so I guess its a 4 horse race to the finals.

KP Avo GVale & Tulla - not as open as I thought before I engaged my brain.....

He who knows best;293814 said:
Agree re Avo & KP, not very hard those one's though
Tulla not in the mix ? I believe they will finish top 2

about 5 teams in the mix for 4th spot
Greenvale need to make runs

As for relegation, how does Abers not get a mention Z ?

FU even with the troubles have a squad 100 times better than them and the others you have mentioned.

FU will still win more games than any of those below them

Mate that's what i am afraid of as u probably know by now they recruited M Inness another ex District 1X1 bat. add g couts, d protou, J kent they without doubt have the most accomplished 4 bats in the comp...i know i know they've not fired yet but i reckon it's about time. One thing is for sure no matter what happens this year Grennvale have ambitions to play in the highest grade & if they keep recruiting at this rate in year or 2 their 1X1 will be full of all ex District 1 n 2nd X1 blokes. What chanc has other clubs like mine have got then?

Intersting to note having palyed against Royal Park Brunswick And Airport West when they were both in this grade, even they didn't recruit like this.
Airportwest understanbly when they went up to senA in their 2nd year spent some dough and this year i reckon are equal favs or even outright favs for the SEN DIV flag thanks mainly to the $$$cow which it seems keeps producing $$$'s.

I am not a big fan of clubs who do that, but greenvale need runs because their bowling having faced them first hand could be their undoing come big games. Anyone remeber what tUlla did to 'em in a Nth B Grandfinal. That was a true victory for an underdog. I had no interset in either club but like many was barracking for tulla.

KP,Tulla, Greenvale, AH or St Albans. Both AH n St Albans play each other in rnd 11. that could be tha match of home n away season. Winner of that i reckon would fill the last spot in the 4.

next 3 onedayers now that could even up the season if top 4 lose games which they i reckon would normally win if those games were 2 dayers.:confused:

2time;293713 said:
Ithink Hodgkiss might have coached Seddon to that flag mate, not sure but i don't think it was Suares. Any coach who took that job was going to have problems with Manning, good player who probably got the best out of himself & the players around him. But Ash has one of the biggest ego's cutting around & was always going to dislike being told what to do.

On reflection, I think your right. Hodgkiss coach, Suares skipper.

If Manning and Suares have gone, it will leave a big hole. Still they have alot of youth coming through, which should hold them in good stead.

However when winning one game in a season occurs the proud types who like to win tend to drift away. This can devastate a club. This may be the incident that does it. Those in charge have a massive job ahead of them to turn the club around. I hope for the clubs sake they are up to it.

Dingo_Jones;294019 said:
On reflection, I think your right. Hodgkiss coach, Suares skipper.

If Manning and Suares have gone, it will leave a big hole. Still they have alot of youth coming through, which should hold them in good stead.

However when winning one game in a season occurs the proud types who like to win tend to drift away. This can devastate a club. This may be the incident that does it. Those in charge have a massive job ahead of them to turn the club around. I hope for the clubs sake they are up to it.

ferry the captain the year they won the flag.. decent side when you look at it tho..

big_junior;294171 said:
ferry the captain the year they won the flag.. decent side when you look at it tho..

Is that so? If thats true, then someone has been telling me fibs.

O what a tangled web we weave when we set out to deceive.

2time;294365 said:
Unlike Waz to talk himself up.

Just shows Suares has done nothing. When he coached Avondale they had a super team and they choked in the Granny after leading in first innings. Suares didnt bowl in 2nd innings because he didnt want the responsibility. He left it to Dodds and Albers. Weak as p.ss under pressure

goneforplenty;294387 said:
Just shows Suares has done nothing. When he coached Avondale they had a super team and they choked in the Granny after leading in first innings. Suares didnt bowl in 2nd innings because he didnt want the responsibility. He left it to Dodds and Albers. Weak as p.ss under pressure

Piffle. I saw most of that game. He was injured in the second innings.

Dingo_Jones;294706 said:
Piffle. I saw most of that game. He was injured in the second innings.

He always seems to be injured. Then he goes missing. He was the captain, he was the main man he should have bowled. His team needed him. That grand final was about 30K v 5k. But the 5K had more heart and got the job done. It was a very good grand final and a couple of the Avo superstars need to have a good look at the way they got out. Some very ordinary shots in the 2nd dig.

goneforplenty;294829 said:
He always seems to be injured. Then he goes missing. He was the captain, he was the main man he should have bowled. His team needed him. That grand final was about 30K v 5k. But the 5K had more heart and got the job done. It was a very good grand final and a couple of the Avo superstars need to have a good look at the way they got out. Some very ordinary shots in the 2nd dig.

which Grand final are you talking about??? against east keilor?

goneforplenty;294829 said:

Where did u get that figure from. Admittedly AH had a fair side and wasn't assembled easy i bet. But 30K ? i Dunno if that would be a correct figure.

Albers,Jeffrey, i think Dodds brothers + suares?

Speaking of $$$ who do u reckon are the big spenders in Nth A this year.
Every club has atleast two legit paid blokes? If u believe that...then

ROY G BIV;294988 said:
Where did u get that figure from. Admittedly AH had a fair side and wasn't assembled easy i bet. But 30K ? i Dunno if that would be a correct figure.

Albers,Jeffrey, i think Dodds brothers + suares?

Speaking of $$$ who do u reckon are the big spenders in Nth A this year.
Every club has atleast two legit paid blokes? If u believe that...then

Greenvale would b right up there with potou, kent, courts, and now inness

Blake Lively;295003 said:
Greenvale would b right up there with potou, kent, courts, and now inness

Pizzaro is not there for the love of d club either. Yeah Greenvale r the obvious ones. and i think n maybe i am wrong there's a fair distance between grennvale n the rest when it come to $ to players. Rest r probably on the same playing field but i may be worng about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back