North A & B

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: North A & B

demon;326109 said:
I cant believe you bag this guy Z, i had a look at his stats since being at Tulla and he has seriously starred, the North b1 GF is a perfect example, then went into A1 and won the comp medal, and will probably win in this year. Jealousy is a terrible thing, and it's probably because he got you out and made you look bad. Then smacked you around the park.

Couldnt agree more

Give the bloke his dues, 11 wicket games, 150's with the bat, he is def one of the absolute best in Nth A.

and he is a good bloke too

He who knows best;326114 said:
Couldnt agree more

Give the bloke his dues, 11 wicket games, 150's with the bat, he is def one of the absolute best in Nth A.

and he is a good bloke too

Agree 100%, 2time Chunky Albers was one of the best going around in North A and has taken similiar wickets to Dave Z and has bowled plenty of overs this year. Yet I hear nothing about chunk, he will more than likely win Aber park the flag this year on his own. Yes, blah blah blah, he can't do it on his own but just have a look at his stats this year- mind blowing. Dave Z has done the same thing yet we say he bowls to much etc etc- give me a break

Guru14;326117 said:
Agree 100%, 2time Chunky Albers was one of the best going around in North A and has taken similiar wickets to Dave Z and has bowled plenty of overs this year. Yet I hear nothing about chunk, he will more than likely win Aber park the flag this year on his own. Yes, blah blah blah, he can't do it on his own but just have a look at his stats this year- mind blowing. Dave Z has done the same thing yet we say he bowls to much etc etc- give me a break

I'm not bagging the bloke personally, met him once or twice & he is a good bloke. If the bloke is as good as what you think he is then come finals time he should dominate & you can rest at ease. The difference between Nth A & B is that one bloke can't do it on his own, all i'm saying is that is if he doesn't fire in the finals tulla are gone. Going by his stats which are there for all to see & make there own assessments his record against the better teams is not as good that's all i'm pointing out.

2time;326121 said:
I'm not bagging the bloke personally, met him once or twice & he is a good bloke. If the bloke is as good as what you think he is then come finals time he should dominate & you can rest at ease. The difference between Nth A & B is that one bloke can't do it on his own, all i'm saying is that is if he doesn't fire in the finals tulla are gone. Going by his stats which are there for all to see & make there own assessments his record against the better teams is not as good that's all i'm pointing out.

Fair enough

demon;326109 said:
I cant believe you bag this guy Z, i had a look at his stats since being at Tulla and he has seriously starred, the North b1 GF is a perfect example, then went into A1 and won the comp medal, and will probably win in this year. Jealousy is a terrible thing, and it's probably because he got you out and made you look bad. Then smacked you around the park.

Is that same comp medal that concluded with him at the end of the home & away season 20 wkts behind the leading wicket taker, 120 odd runs behind the leading run getter & didn't play finals? Looked up the Nth B granny good game for Z, a player his standard should be doing things like that in Nth B, look @ Albers. Put Ozzie from Bernards into Nth B & see what he does to an attack, put Avondale's import into Nth B & see the return he gets. No jealousy here mate, as i've said i've met the bloke & he seems nice enough, take it or leave it. Played the bloke a couple of times as i said earlier in the upper class of players in Nth A but still struggling to come to terms with all the hype.

Why is everyone still going on about Zaharodini?? I agree he is a good player and has great stats but lets just get onto this weeks games. I am sure we will all find out in due coarse whether he can perform against the better clubs rather than dominating against the lesser clubs. Also if he does play well he will need contributions from others for Tulla to go all the way.

Mate, the bloke who made 120 runs more couldnt take the wickets Z took and Big nose brne couldnt make the runs Z made, if you rate greenvales bats, well 2 years ago, he took 8 in the GF against probably a stronger batting line up than they have this year, with the likes of Mick Harvey playing back then, ports, courts, Loughran. Not many bowlers take bags on roads, we'll just have to wait and see come finals time. I know the bloke will make you eat your words.

demon;326182 said:
Mate, the bloke who made 120 runs more couldnt take the wickets Z took and Big nose brne couldnt make the runs Z made, if you rate greenvales bats, well 2 years ago, he took 8 in the GF against probably a stronger batting line up than they have this year, with the likes of Mick Harvey playing back then, ports, courts, Loughran. Not many bowlers take bags on roads, we'll just have to wait and see come finals time. I know the bloke will make you eat your words.

Demon, great performance in the granny but the wicket was average at best but i guess you still have to get them. Spoke to the Greenvale boys after the game and the toss of the coin lost them that game given the weather that greeted both sides in the second week

Guru14;326183 said:
Demon, great performance in the granny but the wicket was average at best but i guess you still have to get them. Spoke to the Greenvale boys after the game and the toss of the coin lost them that game given the weather that greeted both sides in the second week

Mate they won the game fair and square. The toss is part of cricket. I'm sure Tulla would have loved to have batted first on Saturday. They didn't and were put right behind the eight ball like we were two yrs ago. Win some you lose some. Thats what happens when theres not much between the sides.

demon;326182 said:

No dramas mate, i don't think they'll make the Granny. But if they do & your son or brother does what you think he is capable of Tulla should be fine. I've played against all three of the blokes and Osborne took the same amount of wkts in half the amount of overs with a better average for the home & away. You are finally correct "Big Nose Brne couldn't make the runs your beloved Z made" but i think the deficit of 138 runs is far out weighed by 20 odd wkts for the home and away. But you are allowed an opinion as is every body, your obviously personally attached to the bloke which is fine but when you quote stats & figures etc you might want to actually check them to make sure your right or there abouts. As i've said i've got nothing against the bloke & have previously said in the upper standard of players but blokes like you who worship at the temple of Z make me laugh. What's next, are you going to say that the wicket keeper from Tulla is a good bloke & quote a stat saying that you've had 6 beers with him once & he didn't threaten to smash you once... Keep em coming mate this getting hilarious.

Selma Bouvier;326329 said:
Mate they won the game fair and square. The toss is part of cricket. I'm sure Tulla would have loved to have batted first on Saturday. They didn't and were put right behind the eight ball like we were two yrs ago. Win some you lose some. Thats what happens when theres not much between the sides.

Selma there was plenty between the sides, if you care to look at the stats from that season. Don't kid yourself greenvale were the best side by plenty unfortunately the granny didn't go their way. to their credit they spent another in b1, were undefeated and duly won the flag.

Guru14;326473 said:
Selma there was plenty between the sides, if you care to look at the stats from that season. Don't kid yourself greenvale were the best side by plenty unfortunately the granny didn't go their way. to their credit they spent another in b1, were undefeated and duly won the flag.

Same sort of thing happend to Tulla the year before, finished on top, batted second in GF and lost to Westmeadows, came back the next year, but then upset Greenvale in the GF. The toss can play a major factor in cricket.

I agree there was plenty between the sides during the whole season and Greenvale were the best team in Nth B that year. However everyone is saying the toss cost Greenvale the match but I do not totally agree. Yes Greenvale did have the batting line up to chase down any score but it doesnt matter how good the batting line up is most sides would not chase down 370 in any game let alone a GF.

Yes they did have the potential to get the runs but I still think that score may have been a little too big to chase. The worst thing is that we will never know!! Maybe this year we may see a re-match of 2 seasons ago. I will tell you this though if my side made the finals this year GV would be the side that i would fear the most as they have talented players all over the park.

2time i also agree with you that Ozzie is a lot better player than Z and these blokes at Tulla must call him Buddha or something like that. If Tulla make the final I dont think Z will be the difference but guys like Windridge and Roach would have to perform for them to succeed.

JP Duminy;326480 said:
I agree there was plenty between the sides during the whole season and Greenvale were the best team in Nth B that year. However everyone is saying the toss cost Greenvale the match but I do not totally agree. Yes Greenvale did have the batting line up to chase down any score but it doesnt matter how good the batting line up is most sides would not chase down 370 in any game let alone a GF.

Yes they did have the potential to get the runs but I still think that score may have been a little too big to chase. The worst thing is that we will never know!! Maybe this year we may see a re-match of 2 seasons ago. I will tell you this though if my side made the finals this year GV would be the side that i would fear the most as they have talented players all over the park.
2time i also agree with you that Ozzie is a lot better player than Z and these blokes at Tulla must call him Buddha or something like that. If Tulla make the final I dont think Z will be the difference but guys like Windridge and Roach would have to perform for them to succeed.

yep, innes,courts,kent,portou all big wickets u have to get reasonably cheaply, each of these can make a 100 and take a game away from u.
Don't think any other club has 4 batters like these, all in one side makes it tough....but remember they have lost few games this year with all these names + pizzaro. only 2 weeks ago they got smashed outrght against bottom placed Albion. Having said that much rather play 'em in a semi than a granny.

so Agree if my team makes the granny this year GVal$ would not be an ideal opponent simply beacause of their 4 batters mentioned above. IN a 4 day game with possible 2 innings, too biggers ask for all 4 to fail twice. Their bowling is average though maybe slighty above average! Thanks to piz!

for mine Gr$$nval$ and Avondale have class players to go all the way.
GR$$nval$ have atleast 5 and Avondale 2 their capatin & import, lack of other major contributors may still mean that they miss out on a finals spot to parkville.

Windrige provides Tulla with bit of quality n class, others are good cricketers.They have to be when the side finishes top after home n away season.

KP, they are all a buch of solid cricketers but in recent times have lacked class players to go all the way. I am afraid this year may be the same story.

With all due respect to parkville boys, they have done very well winning their past 5, but i think they are not strong enough to challenge if they make finals, which they probably should with undermanned Footutd to play this last rnd. They should win and get enough bonus points on a lightning fast outfield +inexpereinced Foootutd batters to edge Avondale.

Avondale have a tougher game against st albans, unlikely to get many bonus points could be a tight 1st innings result unless st albans capitulate.

"But you are allowed an opinion as is every body, your obviously personally attached to the bloke which is fine but when you quote stats & figures etc you might want to actually check them to make sure your right or there abouts."

Give him a break he was only 18 runs off being right. he said 120 you say 138 I'd say thats there abouts champ. You sound like you might be attached to osborne in some way, you love talking about him.

Guru14;326086 said:
Snagglepuss was great to see you back the other day- Where do you think the four will finish in North B- It's pretty close. The finals will be harder to pick then a broken nose

Guru- my take on North B will be 1.Werribee, 2.MV, 3.Aber Pk and 4. Jacana.
Jacana beating Craigieburn last week was basically an elimination final, although Craigieburn could pull out an outright against Hoppers this week as Hoppers are stacking their 4ths (Nth B2) to make the finals.
Aside from all that, if those 4 finish as above it will WerrVJac & MVvsAP. Jacana is Werribee's bogey side but I just think with Edrich rolling them cheaply, Werr should be able to get enough runs to get over the line. the other game would be all based around AP and how Albers goes really. His batting has been huge this year and with a few other guys in their batting line up capable of making runs, they should post a big enough score. They only have Pascu and Albers on the bowling front but that might be enough to get them through. MV bowling lacks a bit and they rely on Perera heavily with the bat. So that would mean a Werr V APark GF. Almost an Edrich Vs Albers shootout. But I think AP have more batting strength so that might see them through! Werr a bit susceptible on the batting front so AP to win the whole thing. We'll see how I go?

Big game for Craigieburn this week. Need to pull out an outright. They haven't done it all year. Their bowling looks a bit thin. Rely alot on Imlach. Hopefully Hoppers do the right thing and can avoid any potential outright. Craigieburn looking to hard with the bat. Hoppers need boundary riders all day, especially when Baker and Robinson are batting. Jacana v Ab Park interesting game. Result could affect who finishes 2nd or 3rd. If Jacana finishes 4th will probably face Werribee Centrals in replay of last year's Semi. Edrich played that game too but did stuff all! Sri Lankan import Siriwardene back firing last week with a century. Might bring back Brown from the 2nds who did some damage with his pace against the WC batsmen.

WARNA;326582 said:
"But you are allowed an opinion as is every body, your obviously personally attached to the bloke which is fine but when you quote stats & figures etc you might want to actually check them to make sure your right or there abouts."

Give him a break he was only 18 runs off being right. he said 120 you say 138 I'd say thats there abouts champ. You sound like you might be attached to osborne in some way, you love talking about him.

Are you kidding, 18 runs, um there abouts, I guess if i go out and make 82 on the weekend I'll raise my bat to the clubrooms like I have just made a century. PLEASE. In regards to this Z, how can you guys be comparing him to the Brnes and Osbornes of this comp??? In simple terms, the osbornes and Brnes are the Geelong and Hawthorn of 2008 and the Big Z would be equivalent to Richmond. NOT IN THE SAME CLASS. Quite Simply lets put it to a poll, who would you take if you had the number 1, 2 and 3 pick.

For me

3 votes - Osborne - pick 1
2 votes - S Brne - pick 2
1 vote - Zaharodni - pick 3

Forget loyalty here, just plain ability

By the way, if we were talking the whole comp I reckon the Big Z would come in around pick 11 or 12, let s be honest

WARNA;326582 said:

In no way attached to Osborne or Brne but Demon tried to make a point about how much a better player Z was than the other two & deserved the medal. Give me a break champ, the worst part is Demon tried to quote figures so i looked this up for you & him

:Quote - 4 to cite, offer, or bring forward as evidence or support.

Demon got on his high horse ranting on about all of these stats & was clearly incorrect. "Mate, the bloke who made 120 runs more couldnt take the wickets Z took and Big nose brne couldnt make the runs Z made" Osborne the same amount of wickets - better average - half the overs, do you think that 138 runs is better effort & more deserving of a medal than a player that has taken an extra 20 wickets in the same time frame? Can you see the discrepancy Warna & Demon it isn't that hard?

I can't make it any clearer, must be once you pass the gates into Spring Street reserve you can say & act the way what you want - who cares most of it is dribble anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back