North West Cricket Association

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: North West Cricket Association

oldman65;345966 said:
As you all would be aware my club is a NWCA club and what i would like to know is what we would have got out of mergering with the MMVCA?
yeah i know that it would have made us a bigger/better comp but the truth of the matter is the NWCA is the stronger comp so why were we all wanting for this merger to go ahead.
the NWCA have the better cricketers !
the NWCA have the stronger clubs !
the NWCA is a financially strong comp!

next time they want to merge we (the clubs from the NWCA)can all vote against it and let them sink !
Most of their good players are jumping ship anyway and coming across to the NWCA so they might not even have a comp soon.
We should just take them over and start them all off in GLissold shield and they can work their way up from their!!!!!!!!

Sounds like some sour grapes there Oldman. The only reason the NWCA have the stronger clubs is that we have our lower grades in the NWCA and our top teams are in the VTCA. Its fine by me but the NWCA is basically a place for the VTCA clubs to put there lower grades and juniors.
How many first eleven sides actually play in the NWCA compared to the MMVCA. I think you'll find they have double the amount.
I really couldn't care whether the merger went ahead or not but from what I've heard from my club is that it was the NWCA who needed the merger more than the MMVCA.

Thats my 2 cents.

you boys from the mmvca just need to take stock for one moment and have a good think about the current situation and the short to medium future of your comp.

some simple facts , there will be a rationalization of all minor turf comp's in the future..
with water restrictions the way they are currently , council's wont have a choice and comp's such as the mmvca are doomed..its a simple case of survival . merge or fade away ..this doesnt just apply to mmvca , it apply's to all minor turf comp's and teams ..

oldman65;345966 said:
As you all would be aware my club is a NWCA club and what i would like to know is what we would have got out of mergering with the MMVCA?yeah i know that it would have made us a bigger/better comp but the truth of the matter is the NWCA is the stronger comp so why were we all wanting for this merger to go ahead.
the NWCA have the better cricketers !
the NWCA have the stronger clubs !
the NWCA is a financially strong comp!

next time they want to merge we (the clubs from the NWCA)can all vote against it and let them sink !
Most of their good players are jumping ship anyway and coming across to the NWCA so they might not even have a comp soon.
We should just take them over and start them all off in GLissold shield and they can work their way up from their!!!!!!!!

We would have got to taunt and jeer them when all their clubs made their way down to the bottom grades;)

laker's legend;346206 said:
you boys from the mmvca just need to take stock for one moment and have a good think about the current situation and the short to medium future of your comp.

some simple facts , there will be a rationalization of all minor turf comp's in the future..
with water restrictions the way they are currently , council's wont have a choice and comp's such as the mmvca are doomed..its a simple case of survival . merge or fade away ..this doesnt just apply to mmvca , it apply's to all minor turf comp's and teams ..

Not sure of your logic here Legend.
1. If the NWCA and the MMVCA were to merge there would still only be the same amount of turf wickets in the Comp. - no advantage to turf Clubs there.
2. If your simple facts are correct, then what you are saying is that the Williamstown turf Comps are also under rationalization pressure. I am not aware of any such discussions at the VMCU on such matters, however you seem to think you know something. Lets share it with us !!
3. If as you say a merge would make the MMVCA stronger, then why wouldn't the turf Clubs join the VTCA, one of the largest and politically strong Turf competitions in Australia rather than the NWCA?
4. Under current water restrictions, turf wickets have the same exemptions as bowling greens, golf greens, and tennis courts. It would be a very brave council to stop all those sports. The more likely senario would be the outfields become unplayable on safety issues effecting games played on both turf and plastic surfaces.

Ifya Adballs;345729 said:
Hi the Clubs

As most of you may already know the proposal to merge NWCA with MMVCA was defeated by the MMVCA clubs

This is particularly disappointing to the NWCA Board considering the nearly 2 years of work that had gone into the preparation of the Rules & By Laws and Constitution

Hopefully we can find out the reasons for the rejection and perhaps revisit this proposal again in the not too distant future.

To those clubs in MMVCA who were in favour of the merge the Board thanks you for your support and encouragement.

The long term benefits of this merge are so numerous and will be of immense benefit to ALL clubs.

Regards

Terry
Terry Scott
Chief Executive Officer
North West Cricket Association Inc

The vultures on the Board only have to look in the mirror

What have you ever done at board level in any comp? Love to hear that answer. If you have been on a board with the attitude and disrespect you show for Dave, Matt, Brett and Terry I can see why you are no longer on any board.I don't recall having you on any board Iv'e been on or associated with , mmva, jika or vmcu but then again hiding on here is what you do best.

Have a look at what these guys have put into this and all the long hours, 7 days a week especially Terry Scott and not just for the last 2 years either try 7 years+.To show your blatent disrespect for people who try to improve the game of cricket and make it a better place for both Juniors and Seniors shows how little your pee wee brain fully comprehends.

I am seriously considering jumping ship to the NWCA to play with my bro and mates as I can't see our comp surviving. My club is looking at falling apart so wev'e got nothing to lose. Except of course playing against and putting up with tools like you.

Check the local paper this week,look at the merger article by Dave and I ask the same question WHY?

laker's legend;346206 said:

Not sure of your logic here Legend.
1. If the NWCA and the MMVCA were to merge there would still only be the same amount of turf wickets in the Comp. - no advantage to turf Clubs there.
2. If your simple facts are correct, then what you are saying is that the Williamstown turf Comps are also under rationalization pressure. I am not aware of any such discussions at the VMCU on such matters, however you seem to think you know something. Lets share it with us !!
3. If as you say a merge would make the MMVCA stronger, then why wouldn't the turf Clubs join the VTCA, one of the largest and politically strong Turf competitions in Australia rather than the NWCA?
4. Under current water restrictions, turf wickets have the same exemptions as bowling greens, golf greens, and tennis courts. It would be a very brave council to stop all those sports. The more likely senario would be the outfields become unplayable on safety issues effecting games played on both turf and plastic surfaces.

Roxy26;347244 said:
which local?
star, hume weekly or leader?

Moreland Leader, sorry I don't get the ones you mentioned. You can get it at any newsagent and even outside real estate offices I've seen them:)

Check the local paper this week,look at the merger article by Dave and I ask the same question WHY?

I can confirm that CCC have announced their new Coach and Captain!

Coach: Greg Hocking.
Captain: Mark McPherson.

Is this what everyone expected??

Roxy26;347244 said:
which local?
star, hume weekly or leader?

Moreland Leader, sorry I don't get the ones you mentioned. You can get it at any newsagent and even outside real estate offices I've seen them:)

Second Slip;347910 said:

wats happen 2 the beast

Second Slip;347910 said:

wats happen 2 the beast

Budda;348243 said:
the beast isnt that stupid and neither r we

you xpect us to believe that u hav actually signed at a club??? ahahahaha
that poor competition that has to put up with you

you fools will believe anything......

and yes going back home to cap/coach deer park in the willy comp.....signed sealed delivered......beast as well.......;)

weapons05/06;348248 said:

and yes going back home to cap/coach deer park in the willy comp.....signed sealed delivered......beast as well.......;)

Looks like Deer Park are in for a bumper season then........................ Don't get the wrong idea, not talking cricket results, talking Bar takings

cutoverslips46;348318 said:
Looks like Deer Park are in for a bumper season then........................ Don't get the wrong idea, not talking cricket results, talking Bar takings

the beast can drink!!!!! and bat!!

Budda;348243 said:
the beast isnt that stupid and neither r we

you xpect us to believe that u hav actually signed at a club??? ahahahaha
that poor competition that has to put up with you

Second Slip;348352 said:
He can sure bat the big boy. Sad to seeing him leaving the comp!! :(

hahahahaha see all you bufoons believe me......hahahaha

beast can drink but with other peoples money he is good at that.........:eek:

i dont know what mudguts is doing im just stirring the pot........its like catching mudsucking carp........put the worm out let the drag off a bit......bbzzzzzzzzz got him.....;)

weapons05/06;348248 said:

Romour has it that Keats will miss the first 4 weeks next year due to GF incident. Anyone confirm?

If true it could Gladdy will not miss him as he is no good anyway

cutoverslips46;348318 said:

the beast can drink!!!!! and bat!!

gullyrat1;348680 said:
Romour has it that Keats will miss the first 4 weeks next year due to GF incident. Anyone confirm?

If true it could Gladdy will not miss him as he is no good anyway

rUmour has it, your a dumb shit!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back