North West Metropolitan Cricket Association (north West)

Roxy26

There is absolutely no talk on here! So i thought i'd start up a new thread!
With the AFL finished now, cricket is back on this week. Brand new side in Luscombe, Aberfeldie St Johns. Wonder how they'll go? Exciting times for the league with all these new grades and teams!
What's the news around clubs with recruitment?

Have just been looking at the fixtures for the one day grades and noticed that they top 2 divisions have 8 tops and a finals 8 system. Surely this isn't right? Would be ridiculous if this is the case.

There is absolutely no talk on here! So i thought i'd start up a new thread!
With the AFL finished now, cricket is back on this week. Brand new side in Luscombe, Aberfeldie St Johns. Wonder how they'll go? Exciting times for the league with all these new grades and teams!
What's the news around clubs with recruitment?

how are we boys . another season . fun and games start
word around town is kealba the team to beat .
few handy additions should push for top 2 .
any news on new team ?
predictions -
top 4
1/syd - after disappointing finish will look to go all the way . batting still key . c/coach should add some depth in bowling stocks
2/kealba - depth , solid contributions will allow them to get home semi . difficult to beat at home .
3/gladdy - still enough quality and match winners . proven finals player . will get enough wins to make 4
4/paco - just win . hare back after xmas will be huge lift .

No Buckley Park in top 4 your kidding they will struggle to lose a game with evrey other club bar KGG losing players they have picked up Markham and Rasool, not bad additions to a side they played finals last year and won the one day g/f
My predictions
Buckley park batting to strong with Markham in the line up to protect the brittle middle order from the new pill
KGG most likely to play off in g/f lost no one from all accounts and picked up Viani who always good for 15 overs
GP may struggle early due to depth (weddngs etc) has had a huge signing and although has a brittle batting attack has the bowling attack to knock anyone over cheap. Best attack in comp imo with Campbell Pitts Fackler Moore Pandikorala and the new bloke.
PVC my tip to win flag if they can win enough games to stay in touch b4 Harey gets back
SHH rumours are that have lost players but still has the best bat in comp so will win enough gamesto push
Abers unknown Im guessing as I have no idea
Roxy apparently has new coach
BSU

No Buckley Park in top 4 your kidding they will struggle to lose a game with evrey other club bar KGG losing players they have picked up Markham and Rasool, not bad additions to a side they played finals last year and won the one day g/f
My predictions
Buckley park batting to strong with Markham in the line up to protect the brittle middle order from the new pill
KGG most likely to play off in g/f lost no one from all accounts and picked up Viani who always good for 15 overs
GP may struggle early due to depth (weddngs etc) has had a huge signing and although has a brittle batting attack has the bowling attack to knock anyone over cheap. Best attack in comp imo with Campbell Pitts Fackler Moore Pandikorala and the new bloke.
PVC my tip to win flag if they can win enough games to stay in touch b4 Harey gets back
SHH rumours are that have lost players but still has the best bat in comp so will win enough gamesto push
Abers unknown Im guessing as I have no idea
Roxy apparently has new coach
BSU

Who's the big name Gladdy Boy?

big signing ?
who is he

hey champ , my predictions are my opinions only .
kidding , look no further than your own . gladdy best bowling attack in comp and knock anyone over . i've had a look at results vault for last season and your bowling attack didnt stack up to well . beaten in one day by burnside ,conceded 300 game prior and beat 2 teams last season .
premier bowler in comp tripp from paco .
best bat markham .
markham to b/park ? is that confirmed .
is shepard playing at gladdy ?
if no markham & shepard gladdy will struggle to make 4 .

can someone confirm .
any other major departures / signings ?

big signing ?
who is he

hey champ , my predictions are my opinions only .
kidding , look no further than your own . gladdy best bowling attack in comp and knock anyone over . i've had a look at results vault for last season and your bowling attack didnt stack up to well . beaten in one day by burnside ,conceded 300 game prior and beat 2 teams last season .
premier bowler in comp tripp from paco .
best bat markham .
markham to b/park ? is that confirmed .
is shepard playing at gladdy ?
if no markham & shepard gladdy will struggle to make 4 .

can someone confirm .
any other major departures / signings ?
I have heard Kite is a gun, was on crows list a few years ago. I think he played at Socials in MMVCA.
Shep is playing at Mill Park with a few of the Keon Park boys

Bourke, Corey
Fackler, Ashley
Lambeth, Darren
Milne, Steven
Moore, James
Moore, Jaydan K (c)
Pandikorala, Gayath
Portelli, Shaun (+)
Rice, Sam
Xuereb, Paul
Viani, Paul

Dunno were kite is in that? :/
No pitts, No campbell, hmmmmmmm..

I played that kite bloke a few years ago from socials goes ok but nothing special although look out for him in the field bowls right handed throws left, ran my opening partner out with that one!

Bourke, Corey
Fackler, Ashley
Lambeth, Darren
Milne, Steven
Moore, James
Moore, Jaydan K (c)
Pandikorala, Gayath
Portelli, Shaun (+)
Rice, Sam
Xuereb, Paul
Viani, Paul

Dunno were kite is in that? :/
No pitts, No campbell, hmmmmmmm..

Like I said in my preictions might struggle early due to weddings etc. If my history is anything is to go by on here I dont talk Gladdy up in fact predicted them to miss finals this time last year

In my opinion add Campbell Pitts Kelly Wallace and Kite to the side named above and they stack up pretty good, top 4 yet to be seen I think so.

Also may have a 23 year old from South Africa played District twos at Hwathorn Monash 4 years ago playing 3 to 4 games top order bat if work allows and considering yours truly is his boss work will allow

how are we boys . another season . fun and games start
word around town is kealba the team to beat .
few handy additions should push for top 2 .
any news on new team ?
predictions -
top 4
1/syd - after disappointing finish will look to go all the way . batting still key . c/coach should add some depth in bowling stocks
2/kealba - depth , solid contributions will allow them to get home semi . difficult to beat at home .
3/gladdy - still enough quality and match winners . proven finals player . will get enough wins to make 4
4/paco - just win . hare back after xmas will be huge lift .

aberfielde will handle themselves very well in this grade. very solid batting and bowling!

aberfielde will handle themselves very well in this grade. very solid batting and bowling!

solid batting ?

all out 71 in 27 overs against a pop gun attack

season one round old and writing on the wall for some clubs .
long season ahead for aber's , burnside & glady .
who will win the coveted wooden spoon .
top 3 locked in . paco & roxy to fight out 4 th spot .

Noticed a few interesting moves now that round 1 out of the way. Hassan(cambpellfield opening bowler) now captain coach of east coburg in vtca started with a 4-30.Chunky english has left roxy and playing for crazyburn .Bob kunesvic( sydenham/hillside coach) now at haig in vtca.noticed alot of the mmvca teams struggled in the top 3 grades when playing against nwca sides

campbellfield still around .... not sure if they would have finished last in luscombe - if they had the same team as last season as they should have been in the 4.
x campbellfield player in huss took 4-30 not bad but not in top grade & i dont think he alone can guide them deep in2 finals - but time will tell.

yeh if they keeped the same team they would of been there abouts again,yeh i noticed that it was north b2 he was playing in.wasnt he the playing coach at cambpellfield last year, and correct me if iam wrong but didnt turn up for the last game last year

Back