Nuggets close to pulling off recruiting coup

Ljp86

Staff member
Nuggets close to pulling off recruiting coup

Nuggets close to signing high-profile recruit

By Stephen Lynch

The Nairobi Nuggets are close to pulling off one of the biggest recruiting coups in BigCricket Fantasy Cricket League (BCFCL) history with rumours that a very high-profile recruit will be making their return to the BCFCL.

So far, the identity of the player remains a secret but the player is believed to be a pure batter and is likely to open the batting for the Nuggets side.

Nuggets captain, Ljp86 had this to say on the matter,

"I am not going to reveal the identity of the player as we are still in talks but I am very confident they will be joining our side. I will say that they will be playing as a pure batter, to strengthen our batting line-up and to boost our posting stocks. It's an exciting time for Nuggets fans with the comp restarting after a few ups and downs and our chance to defend our test premiership. The comp is in decent shape, so are we and we're looking to further strengthen our side to give ourselves the best chance of having every success this year."

The Nuggets take on Madrid in the opening round of the one-dayers this weekend in what promises to be an entertaining encounter. Madrid and Nairobi met last year in the best-of-three preliminary final series with the Nuggets losing 2-0. Madrid went on the win the premiership.

Cricinfo ©

Re: Nuggets close to pulling off recruiting coup

5 days later and still no news on this big signing.

Pretty much what I come to expect from the Nuggets.

Absolutely nothing.

Poor form LJP.

When will this signing be announced?

I'm waiting for my contact to confirm to me that they are ready to go. :cool:

You'd wanna hope so, after making this big announcement, it would be hilarious if it fell through. :cool:

Nuggets sign Dirk Kuyt

By Stephen Lynch

The Nairobi Nuggets have pulled off an amazing recruiting coup by signing former Madrid Magic player Dirk Kuyt to the club. Kuyt left the Magic in bizarre circumstances after a number of off-field incidents but after a period of talks with the Nuggets hierachy, Kuyt has agreed to return to the competition and play with the Nuggets as an opening bat.

Kuyt had this to say at tonight's press conference,

"The Nuggets approached me some time ago and after some consideration I have decided to return to the BCFCL as a pure batter and more importantly as a Nuggets player. I feel that things didn't go to plan last time in this competition and I have come to make amends. It's an exciting time for the Nuggets and also myself as this is a big opportunity to establish myself in the Nuggets side and also as a form player in the BCFCL. The Nuggets are looking to go back-to-back in the test arena and I am looking to help them achieve that goal and get a test premiership."

Ljp86 was also present at the conference and had this to say,

"I'm glad Dirk has decided to come aboard at the Nuggets. We had some lengthy chats but in the end this was a perfect outcome for the club and also Dirk who has always been keen to return to the BCFCL. I'm surprised the Magic didn't try and coax him back to the club even after things didn't turn out so well but we saw an opportunity to make the club stronger and we took it. Dirk will be playing as an opening bat for us to soldify our batting line-up which is already in good shape so having Kuyt at the top of the order is going to help our side achieve its goals. The addition of Dirk is a boost to our club but also the BCFCL which is need of stability as we try to rebuild the competition."

The Nuggets are also believed to be in preliminary talks with another player although it is yet to be determined who the player is and whether they are interested in playing in the BCFCL. In a potential grudge match, Kuyt is expected to make his debut against the Madrid Magic.

Cricinfo ©

Good luck Dirk. Pity you didn't come back to the Magic. We're looking forward to facing you, should be epic.

Nuggets continue the recruiting coup

By Stephen Lynch

Nairobi Nuggets have signed yet another star player, the second in a matter of days with former Madrid Magic player, boncer34, signing on the dotted line for the Kenyan side earlier tonight. The signing comes after Dirk Kuyt, another ex-Madrid player, signed on with the club earlier in the week.

Kuyt and boncer34 had their differences in the past but both are expected to combine to open the batting for the Nairobi side with boncer likely to play in the next Nairobi Nuggets match alongside Kuyt.

Nuggets captain Ljp86 was very happy with the signing of boncer34 and expects both players will perform very well for the club. The signing adds more depth to the Nuggets side and a potential opening partnership of two high profile players could prove to be very dangerous for the remaining teams.

Cricinfo.

Looking forward to getting out there and showing Boncer up as I comprehensively outscore him in every match we play.

Stars? Pfft, more like hacks. Why else would they no longer be at the classy outfit that is the Magic. :cool:

I had to get away from your giant ego ;)

Back