ODI Australian Team Of The Decade

gbatman

ODI Australian Team Of The Decade

Who is in your One Day International team of the decade?

This is mine, what's yours?
1. Hayden
2. Gilchrist
3. Ponting
4. M. Waugh
5. M. Hussey
6. Bevan
7. Symonds
8. Lee
9. Warne
10. Bracken
11. McGrath
12. Lehmann

Unlucky:
S. Waugh
McGill
Katich
Martyn
Watson
Gillespie
Clark
Fleming
Hogg
Johnson
Bichel

Re: ODI Australian Team Of The Decade

I like your team, although I'd probably drop Waugh for Watson or Clarke, and Gillespie for Bracken.

How many ODIs did Warne actually play this decade?

I can't remember when he retired from it. Year?

I don't think Steve Waugh played any ODIs this decade - though I could be wrong. Mark Waugh was dropped in about 2002 as well. Bevo was well and trully past his best by 2000 and didn't play very long after.

Bevo played through the 2003 WC and retired in '04. Although he was definitely in his prime during the 90s, during the 2000s he still averaged 46 with quite a decent strike rake.

IMO that's enough to keep him in the team, when you look at who might replace him (Clarke at 44, Marto at 42, Mark Waugh at 40, mostly all with inferior strike rates)

Bevo played through the 2003 WC and retired in '04. Although he was definitely in his prime during the 90s, during the 2000s he still averaged 46 with quite a decent strike rake.

IMO that's enough to keep him in the team, when you look at who might replace him (Clarke at 44, Marto at 42, Mark Waugh at 40, mostly all with inferior strike rates)

Clarke and Marto - either would be preferable to Bevo in the 2000s - but most of all Lehman who is one of the best one day batsmen I have ever seen

Bevan for mine was the best ODI batsman I have ever seen, just for that reason I would play him. Having him and Hussey down the order could chase down any target, even if Bevan didn't quite have the same success this decade, I believe he still did enough.

Adam Gilchrist
Matthew Hayden
Ricky Ponting
Darren Lehmann
Andrew Symonds
Mike Hussey
Brad Hogg
Shane Warne
Brett Lee
Nathan Bracken
Glenn McGrath

I'd probably go something like this..