Off Season Training

Re: Off Season Training

Sounds you're keeping active which is the key thing. Are you setting yourself goals in training over the off-season?

honestly I have no set goals.

- I am looking to get fitter/faster and healthier

but they are not really goals..

Anothe main questions guys and especially LIZ, how can you improve you pace??????

We have to work on some goals for you then ;) Have you ever completed a performance profile?

With your food diary, you do not appear to be including all your beverages [hopefully] and there are no chocolate bars, crisps, biscuits etc. Perhaps you don't eat them! I need you to list all your veggies too.

As for pace, where do you see your deficit? Where/how do you think you need to increase pace?

Ok, beverages ;) well I dont drink coke or soft drinks unless maybe on holiday.

I do however drink a lot of juice (not squash) apple and orange mainly.
I dont drink enough water. I drink some but maybe 3-5 glasses equivelent a day.

My pace is just pathetic, I am one of the top long distance runners in my year but when it comes to pace I get burnt out by the fatties of the side.
:laugh:

I need to improve my pace in all ways

- accelaration
- turn off pace
- general pace

everything literally

also agility ::)

I have never completed a performance profie :confused:

No idea what to do????

Saturday Food

B-Fast - 2xPenut Butter Toast - Mango, Pineapple, banana bowl of fruit
- Bowl of coco pops with banana cut up.

then a glass of apple juice

Lunch - nothing proper two bananas - penut butter - toast a glass of orange juice

Supper - Ordered dominos pizza :embarrassed: had a MASSIVE bottle of water (drank about 5cm of it :cursing:)

After that - Had a white magnum

OK freddiw, that's fine. I really do not want to comment on your food diary until you have completed it, so please do not think I am ignoring it.

As for pace, you need to start utilising your anaerobic energy systems [take a look at my post February 08, 2008, 07:43:31 PM from http://www.simplycricket.net/energy-systems-required-for-a-batsman-to-score-100-runs-t1924.15.html for more information].

This should help as a starting point:
http://www.harrowdrive.com/how-monitoring-your-heart-rate-can-help-your-cricket-training/

As for performance profiling, when you embark on goal setting, you really do need to get your head around what YOU want to ensure your goals are SMARTER. When I get a chance, I shall send you a brainstorming template for you to work on, it will help you get it right.

sunday diary

B-fast - 2x Penut butter toast - mango and banana - bowl of coco pops - Just water ;)

Lunch - Chicken Burger (lettuce, mayo, tomato) And again water :cool

supper - very little coco pops and two bananas + apple juice

Monday

B - fast ---- mango and banana - no drink

recess - orange and pineapple juice

lunch --- Noodles - Mango juice and a small tub of ice cream :mad:

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Liz Ward said:
As for pace, you need to start utilising your anaerobic energy systems

As for performance profiling, when you embark on goal setting, you really do need to get your head around what YOU want to ensure your goals are SMARTER.

Liz is right.

Some more tips to help with this for you:

http://www.harrowdrive.com/the-important-6-how-to-be-fit-for-cricket-when-it-counts/
http://www.harrowdrive.com/interval-training-the-fast-way-to-more-cricket-endurance/
http://www.harrowdrive.com/the-complete-guide-turning-your-cricket-dreams-into-reality/

David's links are fantastic and I would really recommend his bodyweight training plan for you.

Take a look at the bottom of the HR Monitor article, there are some exercises you can do.

Supper - Lasagne with veggies

2x bananas an apple adn mango

Tuesday

B fast - Mango and apple juice

recess - small tub of 'penne bolagnase'

lunch - chicken burger - small ice cream - mango juice

Supper - pasta with a spicy sauce - Small tub of gelato ice cream - 2x Penut Butter adn 3 bananas

Wednesday

B fast - coco pops 2x banana ad a glass of apple juice

Recess - cookie and juice (MANGO JUICE)

Lunch - beef pie and a drink - then a cookie

Supper - Fish with beans and veggies and chips

thursday -

b fast - nothing woke up late :(

recess - chocolate milk

Lunch - noodles, choc milk and a cookie

Supper - spaghetti bolagnase

Hi Freddie,

I wanted to see if it cropped up in you list of qualities :D

Crikey! That's a big hint isn't it :laugh:

Be honest... did it?

I'm going to sound glib here, so sorry (I don't have enough time for a full analysis right now).

1. Eat more veg, especially the green leafy type. You can never eat enough.
2. Eat more whole food (eggs, meat, fish, whole grains, nuts, seeds, beans)
3. Eat less proccessed sugary food

Just doing those three things will make a massive difference. Then we can start to talk about macronutrient ratios ;)

going well, currently into FOOTBALL and although have cricket on sundays for 6 hrs with personel coach :)

drifting away as usual will return in september when I go back to england and hopefully this time next year I will be taking wickets and scoring hundreds week in week out :)

any tips welcome on eating, of season (fitness) anything

Back