O'Keefe??

N

number3

O'Keefe??

there has been mixed emotions about this kid.

put that aside......will he make an aps hundred by the time his aps career finishse??

last 4 games
Scotch - 64
carey - 20 odd
haileybury - 64
St kevs - 83

thoughts.

Re: O'Keefe??

He may be good but GGS need him to make centuries everygame to post a decent score. On the other hand his bowling impressed against HC where he had a number of batsmen in trouble.

we played him today
conclusion - absolute gun. made 105* out of his team's 170 odd
cracks the ball everywhere
aps team for sure

the guy is a solid bat, although he is slow.. waits for the loose ball outside off stump for the cover drive... pretty much it really

i reckon there are better bats in the APS but seems to hold geelong grammar together making all their runs

shocker;143335 said:
the guy is a solid bat, although he is slow.. waits for the loose ball outside off stump for the cover drive... pretty much it really

i reckon there are better bats in the APS but seems to hold geelong grammar together making all their runs

agreed. hes decent. but there are surely 6 other batsman better than him that will make the APS side.

and well pointed out that he waits for the loose ball. against teams this year who are quality he has found it hard to score. hows he going to go against a rep team? theyd surely bowl tight.

in the opinion of this poster, he struggles against quality bowling.

heat;143739 said:
agreed. hes decent. but there are surely 6 other batsman better than him that will make the APS side.

and well pointed out that he waits for the loose ball. against teams this year who are quality he has found it hard to score. hows he going to go against a rep team? theyd surely bowl tight.

in the opinion of this poster, he struggles against quality bowling.

in a team that doesnt make over 200 when he makes a ton....surely he can't afford to play any rash shots.......he needs to be there for his team to make a score. in context of your comment, isnt one of the main aims in batting waiting for the loose ball and smashing it?? hes proved himself against 'quality'.

no. that is not what id call the goal of batting. id say "hitting the bad ball for four WHILST working singles off the good balls" is the goal.

HC having GGS 2/3 after 12 overs. thats not good batting.

about half the overs bowled that innings (40 out of 86 i think) were maidens. i would not call that good batting.

fair enough he can stay in. but that doesnt make him good

heat;143791 said:
no. that is not what id call the goal of batting. id say "hitting the bad ball for four WHILST working singles off the good balls" is the goal.

HC having GGS 2/3 after 12 overs. thats not good batting.

about half the overs bowled that innings (40 out of 86 i think) were maidens. i would not call that good batting.

fair enough he can stay in. but that doesnt make him good

he's made 450 runs at an average of 50 this season....has anyone made more than that this season??

he's late form is better than anyone elses in the APS.......... end of story Heat.

Back