One more chance for M.Hayden

Brennan Huff

One more chance for M.Hayden

The Australian Selectors have officially given M.Hayden one more chance at the SCG for the 3rd test against Sth Affrica to still have hope of being selected for the next test and odi series and even the Ashes.

Thoughts?
Replacements?

Re: One more chance for M.Hayden

This should be his last game, he needs to retire IMO.

Jaques should be first choice if fit, Hughes if Jaques isn't fit.

Klinger has had one good year, all the rest of his years have been poor.

Get a v bookie going about his first innings score. I'd take between 13 and 26.
Been a legend for Australia but looks gone, even dropping easy catches.

I request aussie fans to have patience , even Dravid form was more worser than Hayden but we were keeping patience and finally Dravid got a Hundred in a recent match .So don't write off Haydos soon ,...

Of course Hayden will score a hundred, probably take 2 days, but with the pressure off he will do it

Rogers should be in the side, but we will be happy to keep him and win the Shield if the Aussies feel the latest NSW overhyped player deserves a shot first, I'm sure England will enjoy bowling to some young kid or even the poor Jaques rather than a superb in form opener with many runs in England

my side for sydney would be (in battin order)
1. Simon Katich
2. Matthew Hayden if (he fails he is gone in for him will be hughes or jaques)
3. Ricky Ponting
4. Michael Clarke
5. Brad Haddin
6. Marcus North or David Hussey
7. Andrew McDonald
8. Jason Krejza
9. Mitchell Johnson
10. Peter Siddle
11. Doug Bollinger

Dropped Michaal Hussey just to give younger players a go and to just get himself back into form mabbe a couple of games for WA will do good.

Andrew Symonds injured and out of form

Brett Lee injured and really out of form

Nathan Hauritz just for this test because on the scg he will spin the ball more

Haydos to stay in the team as he final chance if falled he will announce his retirement

eddiesmith;301954 said:
Of course Hayden will score a hundred, probably take 2 days, but with the pressure off he will do it

Rogers should be in the side, but we will be happy to keep him and win the Shield if the Aussies feel the latest NSW overhyped player deserves a shot first, I'm sure England will enjoy bowling to some young kid or even the poor Jaques rather than a superb in form opener with many runs in England

Pretty Jaques has shown what it takes to make runs at the highest level.

942 runs @ 47.7 ain't too bad:p

Even with a ton he should be dropped following this series. He has had a great career, top average but he is 37, passed it and we're carrying him. A ton doesnt change that.

P.S. Even if he tons up in the first innings he'll still only average under 28 in the last six months, i'd back almost any domestic opener to do that.

aaron1993;301956 said:
my side for sydney would be (in battin order)
1. Simon Katich
2. Matthew Hayden if (he fails he is gone in for him will be hughes or jaques)
3. Ricky Ponting
4. Michael Clarke
5. Brad Haddin
6. Marcus North or David Hussey
7. Andrew McDonald
8. Jason Krejza
9. Mitchell Johnson
10. Peter Siddle
11. Doug Bollinger

Dropped Michaal Hussey just to give younger players a go and to just get himself back into form mabbe a couple of games for WA will do good.

Andrew Symonds injured and out of form

Brett Lee injured and really out of form

Nathan Hauritz just for this test because on the scg he will spin the ball more

Haydos to stay in the team as he final chance if falled he will announce his retirement

Well that won't happen because Dave Hussey, Krejza and North aren't in the squad.

Back