Onwards And Upwards?

TomBowler97

October half term and 2 weeks off from school, perfect!

Last season I had 3 major problems with my bowling, all in the approach which affected my bowling massively. They were, head position, front arm being out (like macgill's video and a few of my videos) and also looking at the crease as I started to run up (as feared bowling no balls).

These two weeks I will be working on having a good front arm position, a good head position and looking at the batsman as I approach. I will also work on handing with my foot flat, as landing straight on the toes is leaving me with no momentum to follow through and could cause me an injury, instead I will will land and then push onto the toes. I will also be attempting to drop my bowling arm from near my areas to a more Warne angle. The high arm is causing inconsistency which many have pointed out. I think adapting to a lower arm will increase energy and spin, as I can rip around the ball using third finger and wrist, it will also hopefully add more consistency.

Working hard this winter, as they say "The more you put in, the more you get out"

October half term and 2 weeks off from school, perfect!

Last season I had 3 major problems with my bowling, all in the approach which affected my bowling massively. They were, head position, front arm being out (like macgill's video and a few of my videos) and also looking at the crease as I started to run up (as feared bowling no balls).

These two weeks I will be working on having a good front arm position, a good head position and looking at the batsman as I approach. I will also work on handing with my foot flat, as landing straight on the toes is leaving me with no momentum to follow through and could cause me an injury, instead I will will land and then push onto the toes. I will also be attempting to drop my bowling arm from near my areas to a more Warne angle. The high arm is causing inconsistency which many have pointed out. I think adapting to a lower arm will increase energy and spin, as I can rip around the ball using third finger and wrist, it will also hopefully add more consistency.

Working hard this winter, as they say "The more you put in, the more you get out"
Let's hope the rain holds off and the good weather continues, this week looks grim, but the rain may be followed by better weather. Doesn't look good though... http://magicseaweed.com/North-Atlantic-Surf-Chart/2/?chartType=PRATE select the 'Pressure tab' and play the animated forecast, you'll see low after low comes in across the Atlantic and each one pushes the 'High Pressure' system away south.

Great to see your enthusiasm tom. I always found the 'standing start' drill useful when trying to pin point arm angle and writs position etc. Like Terry Jenner is doing in the video you've probably seen a million times...

Back