Oz/Kiwi Sport

Great stuff Craig - the Bush Fire Appeal matches looked a lot of fun... excellent to watch some of the greats of the game like Warne, McGrath, Ponting, Tendulkar, Akram etc.
Thought Richie Benaud was the best cricket commentator I've ever heard.

When I get a bit of time will look forward to watching the whole Australia v All Stars match mate :thumbsu:
Your welcome mate. :thumbsu:

Those charity games sound great Craig, especially when the rookies won 😄

Mate highlights of the 20/20 Black Clash... also not sure whether you've seen this Dads Army cricket match episode, special guest was Fred Trueman, classic, very funny.

You'll enjoy the Dads Army cricket match too Craig... my favourite character in that tv series was captain Mainwaring, he was hilarious & his facial expressions were classic 😎
I always had trouble raising a chuckle from Dad's Army mate. I did get one tho when Fred Trueman went a mile back to his bowling mark then did his shoulder.

There were a couple of other parts that were funny too - near the start when Mainwaring was showing all the others how to bat & bowl, but the bloke was utterly useless... also when Mainwaring came out to open to face the first ball & while standing at the wicket was looking around to see where all the fielders were positioned, then the keeper said, " that's right have a good look you won't be there for long " 😄

Pete Aussie T20 squad for Kiwi series. Feb 22-March 7:
Australia T20 squad for Qantas Tour of New Zealand: Aaron Finch (c), Ashton Agar, Jason Behrendorff, Mitchell Marsh, Glenn Maxwell, Ben McDermott, Riley Meredith, Josh Philippe, Kane Richardson, Jhye Richardson, Daniel Sams, Tanveer Sangha, D'Arcy Short, Marcus Stoinis, Ashton Turner, Andrew Tye, Matthew Wade, Adam Zampa

Last edited:
Thanks Craig :thumbsu:

There's a lot in the squad I haven't heard of before mate... only know about 6 of them.
I take it Marsh & McDermott are the sons of Geoff Marsh & Craig McDermott ?

Thanks Craig :thumbsu:

There's a lot in the squad I haven't heard of before mate... only know about 6 of them.
I take it Marsh & McDermott are the sons of Geoff Marsh & Craig McDermott ?
Correct Pete. Marsh was the CA annointed Test all rounder but lost his way. Mac has improved in both formats and was being spoken of for the Test tour. This bloke can hit a big ball mate.. so get ready for some fireworks across the ditch. Keeper/batsman Josh Philippe is an excitement machine. The kid of the squad is teen leggie Sangha. In his first BBL season and he has been quite brilliant. Gives the ball a Warne- like rip. I expect you blokes will have your hands full if Zampa and Sangha are going in tandem. I have a clip of Sangha in the nets. Our most promising quick in a generation is Jhye Richardson. (no relation to Kane) Was within a whisker of making the Saffer tour after rather a long injury layoff.

Last edited:
Am back on WP Pete hopefully ruffling some feathers. Join me. That bloke I told you about has actually apologized to me.

Great that you're back on WP Craig, will have a look Friday... that's amazing mate to hear the troll has apologized, never heard of a troll doing that 😊

Sounds like you have some excellent talent coming through Craig - also a few of them very unlucky to miss out on the SA tour... most Aussie & Kiwi batsmen struggle to play spin, so Zampa & Sangha are certainly going to be a real challenge for our batsmen to face, have seen a fair bit of Zampa before, I'll definitely keep an eye out for Sangha, sounds a like a very exciting & attacking leggie mate, be very interesting to see how the young fella develops, really difficult to consistently bowl accurately as a leggie, if he can do that later on he'll be worth his weight in gold to your team.

Last edited:
He did indeed. I think he is more of a smart a*** than a deliberate troll. Anyway he has changed his ways as he pointed out a misread I did on a post via PM.

Here is that Sangha clip Pete. He is Aussie born to Indian parents. Just read he has all the variations that Warne perfected..except the flipper and has just turned 19.

Last edited:
Yeah, can get a few smart-arses as well... with him apologizing though you shouldn't have anymore hassle from him.

Thanks for info & video on Sangha Craig... he has a good action & as you say can really rip the ball, very impressive.

Last edited:
Yeah, can get a few smart-arses as well... with him apologizing though you shouldn't have anymore hassle from him.

Thanks for info & video on Sangha Craig... he has a good action & as you say can really rip the ball, very impressive.
He impresses me too Pete. Has Australia finally found its new Warne. Have been looking long enuff. He topped the slow ball wicket taking in the BBL.

Craig, if he ends up as good as Warne your blokes will have a huge asset in your attack... from what I've seen of that clip of him you posted & also how well he's bowled in the BBL that could happen :thumbsu:

The main thing that had me comparing him to Warne was his hi trajectory.. looks above the batsman's eyeline.. making a clean connection that little bit more difficult. That is outside the dip and drift he will get from that elevation.

Being a white ball series I expect Sangha like most tweakers in this format, will keep his deliveries lowish and quicker than if he was playing red ball cricket. He will still be able to impart good turn.

Pete we may as well keep this thread for the T20 series.
Mate I have some cricket you may find interesting. It is a red ball limited overs match between the best next gen in our state of Tasmania. There are one of two older players with some first class behind them but a majority are rookies in the TCA system. This may give you an insite into some young talent that your Black Caps may be playing in the future. Keep an eye out for these names.. Timothy Ward, Mitchell Owen, Ian Carlisle, Macalister (Mack) Wright, Keegan Oates, Lawrence Neil-Smith.

Last edited:
Thanks for the video Craig :thumbsu:... can see you have a lot of very talented batsmen & bowlers coming through your system...I'll make a note of the young fellas you have mentioned that may go on & play for Aussie.

Great idea mate to use this thread for the upcoming 20/20's in NZ... yeah, bowlers like Sangha will need to bowl most of their deliveries pretty flat, with only 20 overs to face batsmen are basically looking attack every ball.

Finn Allen 21 has batted brilliantly for Wellington this year - he's played a huge part in us finishing as top qualifier, he opens in 20/20 & is a big striker of the ball, what I like about him is he's plays with controlled aggression, has very good composure for a young fella... here's a clip about him :

Finn Allen 21 has batted brilliantly for Wellington this year - he's played a huge part in us finishing as top qualifier, he opens in 20/20 & is a big striker of the ball, what I like about him is he's plays with controlled aggression, has very good composure for a young fella... here's a clip about him :

Thanks for clip Pete. Controlled aggression is an apt description of young Allen mate. Very impressive hitting. Any chance he will be picked for BC T20 side.

Last edited:
Back