P90X

Re: P90X

If you can, keep us posted storm. It should be great for the core.

You know what I feel about supplements so make sure you read everything if you decide to go down this route.

As for the muscle confusion... it's the way to go... have fun with it.

On the whole, this is a good system. My only reservation is lack of real personal contact. We are all different and there is no such thing as an 'off the peg' solution. Go cautiously if you decide to use the weights until you know you have the correct technique and stop if you notice anything is wrong.

do you reccommend protein shakes and bars etc? and where do you buy them?

Ohh and their sessions each time are around an hour long, can i do lets say a weeks worth in a day? or would this be a bad idea?

Protein shakes are good for after a hard workout; not necessary any other time. Holland and Barrett often have some good deals.

Have a reread of the supplements thread.

As for the work out. An hour a day is plenty. If you go on, you will end up working fatigued muscles... not good!

Thanks Liz, i did the P90X core synergestics and the AB Ripper and i can tell you its is really good, i am sweating buckets, and had to rest alot during it, my core is burning and it feels good, also more good new my rotar cuff is feeling better now.

Oh and if i am working out fatigued muscels what does it do to them? because sometimes i do push myself through the pain in muscles when they feel really tight, but i dont do that anymore.

The main issue with working fatigued muscles is injury.

It really does depend on your definition of pain. You must overload the muscles if you are to achieve any improvement. Of course, you will feel this [or should]. If you do not feel it, the muscles are not overloaded.

The body adapts, which is why any workout programme needs to be progressive, or [again] no improvement.

If you have to rest, make sure you do so in between exercises and not during. Once an exercise has been started, finish it. If you do not think you can complete the exercise, do not start it until you have restred enough. You must keep the muscle loaded.

Great news about the rotator cuff... look after it ;)

my mum bought the dvd ages ago and shes never watched it lol, although i have seen it on websites before and i didnt know what exactly it was, check out puzo.org, they have it on there i think, but the DVDs long and has loads of sections so it would be around 5GB so downloading it would be hell.

Added 22 hour(s), 32 minute(s) and 48 second(s) later...

It was foolish of me to think that i could do more than one sessions worth a day, after doing 2 sessions i've realised that P90X is brutal and it takes alot to make it through a session without pausing for a break.
But it is good, you push yourself and it feels good, im hoping its doing something and doing it quick as i've found im really unfit at the moment.

anyone tried this core test? [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0vSX9GlgQo"]YouTube - Core Test[/ame]

Back