Pace Bowling guide

mattshin13

Pace Bowling guide

seeing that off spinners have a guide, i thought pace bowling should have a guide. does anyone want to start us off?

Re: Pace Bowling guide

Well it'd be good to see what everyone does first of all. I'm a medium outswing bowler, occasionally getting it to come back into the batsman.

Well at the moment i bowl medium-fast, primarily i bowl outswingers, move it in occasionally. I get plenty of movement off the seam, and if i get an old enough ball i do get reverse swing.

mattshin13;380418 said:
seeing that off spinners have a guide, i thought pace bowling should have a guide. does anyone want to start us off?

Good idea! Can't let those pesky spinners steal the bandwidth!

Medium fast here although that is dropping rapidly.

So what do you guys use as variations? I come from a spinning background, being a leggie in my younger days (not that i'm that old now, i'm 23) i tend to think like a spinner and like to use a lot of variation to get the man out. I have one out of the back of the hand, and if i get it perfect it still swings, plus i have balls that i turn both ways, my offie even gets drift.

I'm a medium-fast medium swing bowler, which usually means in one dayers (all our league plays) my first spell is usually better than my second. I can swing the ball both ways and irish, but my stock ball is an outswinger, but i throw in a few yorkers as well, and rarely a bouncer. I usually bowl first change.

I know I'm primarily an offie, as some may know, but pace bowling is something I have come up in leaps and bounds.

I mostly only bowl pace due to my speed, I have now secured the title of fastest in the club, hopefully given another season or so of practice and recovery from an injury I can lift that to one of the faster in the region. Problem is the natural pace doesn't come with natural accuracy.

I'm a slinger, no more, no less. Bouncers a plenty and variations few.

Hi all,

I open the bowling normally or first change occasionally and bowl primarily medium fast off cutters and in swingers as stock balls. Working hard on getting one to come accross right handers. I can straighten the ball down the line at the moment but cant get it going accross righties. I tend to keep change ups to a minimum because I feel they can lose their effect if they are over used. The only change up I use at the moment is a well disquised slower ball and a faster bouncer and the one that straightens. I bat higher in the order so i use that to try and if I think they are quite aggressive i will push towards middle and off stump (They miss / I hit mentality) and use the change up slightly more often to create a bit of doubt in their stroke play. If they are more of a worker of the ball I keep it outsie off and set a 7 / 2 field and change my standard ball to one that straightens up a bit to keep from going near their pads (not that it always works mind you). Left handers are my favourite as i naturally drift from their leg to off stump and come accross them. 7 - 2 field straight away and let it rip. I always have good success against lefties at the level i play. I use the straightening ball as the change up quite a bit too, with the idea to try and come between bat and pad or inside edge etc...

Sorry about the novel guys

Cheers

Back